Who is your favorite character?

Nyarth

With hype for Version 10 firing up, I thought this would be a great time to start threads like this to spark up some conversation. I want to see what other people think of the game!

So here I'll start with a fairly basic question--who's your favorite character in the game? Why are they your favorite? If it's a tiebreaker between several characters, what made those characters stand out to you?

Spoiler

For me, my two favorite characters are Flora and Erin respectively. Which is funny, because my first impressions of them were literal night and day. 

When we were first introduced to Flora, I really didn't like her at first. She felt like an exact mash-up of all the "fiery girl" personalities we've seen in the game so far, and I was getting sick of that personality trait. Despite all of this, I chose her route in my first play through for reasons I really don't even know. 

Over the mini-adventure in Darchlight Caves, inch by inch the dislike turned into steady tolerance, which eventually transformed into actually enjoying her character. I really liked her interactions with the Bladestar grunts and how she treated them like stupid siblings. I liked how even though she was a hot-tempered spazz, when she was talking to her brother you could tell she seemed fond of him.

When Version 9 was released, it only added to all of this. I love well-intentioned villainous-deed characters, so when it showcased her having ulterior motives (the Rune thing, the Ana thing, the PULSE/Rift thing), it still took the time to show that Flora really did care about the city, the people, and Bladestar. She was, however, going about the wrong ways of showing said care. When characters have super backwards ideals and conflicting viewpoints, it just adds so much to them to me :)

Small fun fact: if you chose to snitch on Flora and you visit Nightmare City, you can see her having a nightmare about being alone. I found it while stalking events in RPGMaker, and that was just the final nail in the coffin. Gg best flower girl. She's even my Steam profile picture lol

Erin's is a lot less lengthy and a lot less meaningful. The moment I saw her in the game, it was love at first sight. The end.

... Okay, but that would be boring. I really liked Erin to begin with because she said things exactly as it was, which gave a kind of jumpstart in the lighter portion of the game. She really is a fun character to just watch, as she has really nice dialogue that just oozes with her personality. 

Version 9 added more to her personality as well. It's shown in both Neutral/Florin and the Flora route that she's a wicked fast analyser, which is a super interesting trait to pair up with her general bluntness as well. Two traits that don't seem very well together, but they work perfectly for her. Her spat with Aelita at the end of the game was another cool interaction that showcases her even more.

So that's my own thoughts. This is a text dump, so that's why I spoiler-tagged it (besides the obvious fact that it has spoilers indeed).

Spoiler

no waifu-dating in this game yet though smh