Happy Birthday, Ody!

ZEL

Yoooooo, guess what day it is! It's the 18th, and even though the forums don't say a peep about it, I'm gonna go ahead and make the thread: It's @Odybld's birthday!
Buddy, I don't even know if you want a thread, but the thing is, you've decided you want me for a friend, and I'm a terribly sappy person, so you're getting one.
Direct your complaints at me when I'm miles over the atlantic ocean later <3

It's funny how I got to meet you; we were both still new to this place, and you decided to message me over being and speaking German. If I recall it right, you later told me you thought it was a pretty cringey way of starting a conversation, but hey - seems it worked just fine, didn't it?

There were some difficulties for sure, mainly caused by the awful lack of confidence on the part of yours truly, but man you had some dogged determination.

And it was absolutely worth it, I'm incredibly thankful you never gave up on me.

Where do I begin?
You combine your unwavering honesty and heaps of wit to be a genuinely positive influence on the people you care about. Never shy about speaking your mind, whether that be to compliment or to give a gentle slap to the head whenever it's needed.

I've rarely met a person who it's so easy to talk to about personal things, just knowing that you will always find a way to word your thoughts without holding back on them, but without being hurtful. I probably don't say this to you often enough, but you're a very good listener, and talking things through with you is a unique experience filled with uplifting words and heaps of interesting anecdotes. You don't give up until you've reached the desired outcome of the conversation, no matter what it takes you to get there.

You're smart, you're funny, you're caring, and a most loyal friend.

And man, just... knowing you is an adventure. Sometimes it gets downright surreal, because your humor does like to take leaps that my brain can't immediately follow, and then I'm playing catch-up on trying to figure out what's got you so amused. It pays off though - an estimated nine times outta ten it really is hilarious.

Sometimes it's elaborate linguistic jokes. Sometimes it's coffee dicks. (Or pancakes. Beautiful, beautiful pancakes.)

Also, lots of music.

I wish I could express my feelings even just half as well as I'd like to, because there's a lot to be said about you and your brand of quirky liveliness that I just don't seem to have the words for.
I just want you to know that you are an amazing friend, and I'm really, really glad you decided I'm worth your time.

I still hope I'll get to visit you in the near future! I'm not forgetting your promises of cooking, mkay? Or hugs. 'Cause I'll be damned if I don't get em eventually.

Love ya, friend. I hope you have a great birthday <3

(Edit: I'll just let you know I typo'd that as "love ya, fried". Make of that what you will ;3)

Edited by ZEL

Happy Birthday Ody!

We aren't really close at all and we're pretty different people but I respect you a lot! You always bring honesty and a unique perspective to the community which is always appreciated. 

Have a great day!

Ody, being one of my friends that helped me in competitivie pokemon scene(Especially at redemption league) and one of few that talk up my flaws, thank you for being my buddy.

Happy, great birthday Ody and thanks for all you have done mate <3