Since the last GoT-related topic (that I know of) was deserted over 2 months ago, I figured I might as well create a new one.

This is for discussing the new season, recent events, predictions, giving your opinion and so on~

The night is dark and full of spoilers, obviously.

Spoiler

I find season 7 entertaining, but not really exceptional so far. It has its good moments, but is somewhat plagued by timeline inconsistencies and the writing still isn't on par with seasons 1-3 imo. Moreover, I find the lack of Sandor... disturbing.

That's not to say I'm not enjoying it though. If we're considering episode 4 alone, it started off slow and easy, but had its share of good scenes ("Chaos is a ladder" =p) and the battle at the end was awesome. I really liked seeing Jaime and Bronn in action, and was cheering for the latter in particular (I was oddly satisfied to see him gun down Rhaegal (?) with Qyburn's scorpion). Nice little cliffhanger at the end too. 

Spoiler

Well i like this season. I will do my analyse tonight of the episode 4 on statut post. 

I haven't got the courage to tell again what i have already said previously sorry :D 

40 minutes ago, MisterGutsy said:

I think episode 4 was among the best in the series, personally. Up there with Blackwater and Hardhome. I'm looking forward to the next episode, stuff is really starting to pick up this season due to the limited amount of episodes left. 

Yup, I agree. Episode 4 was great, which is why I mentioned it in my spoilers. It kinda makes up for the somewhat underwhelming episodes 2 and 3 (just my opinion ofc). E4 was also halfway point, due to the limited number of episodes, so yeah, it was about time they started to break out the big guns =p

I'm rather excited to see more White Walkers shenanigans.

Spoiler

(especially if the rumors concerning a certain dragon and the Night King are true)

They've been extremely quiet so far. Probably to build up the threat, but careful not to have this strategy backfire into disinterest.

5 minutes ago, Alistair said:

Yup, I agree. Episode 4 was great, which is why I mentioned it in my spoilers. It kinda makes up for the somewhat underwhelming episodes 2 and 3 (just my opinion ofc). E4 was also halfway point, due to the limited number of episodes, so yeah, it was about time they started to break out the big guns =p

I'm rather excited to see more White Walkers shenanigans.

Reveal hidden contents

(especially if the rumors concerning a certain dragon and the Night King are true)

They've been extremely quiet so far. Probably to build up the threat, but careful not to have this strategy backfire into disinterest.

3 was definitely a solid episode, with that ending 10 minutes alone. But I'd have liked to actually see the battle of Highgarden. Also, don't believe everything you read online. I personally will be really disappointed if all the supposedly leaked stuff comes true.

Spoiler

Especially the whole thing about the Night's King bringing the Wall down in the finale.

9 minutes ago, MisterGutsy said:

3 was definitely a solid episode, with that ending 10 minutes alone. But I'd have liked to actually see the battle of Highgarden. Also, don't believe everything you read online. I personally will be really disappointed if all the supposedly leaked stuff comes true.

Reveal hidden contents

Especially the whole thing about the Night's King bringing the Wall down in the finale.

I'm not believing anything. Just considering possibilities~

It's worth noting that some of the "leaked" stuff has proven reliable so far. There definitely are unlikely predictions mixed with more probable stuff, but who knows? We'll see.

9 minutes ago, Alistair said:

I'm not believing anything. Just considering possibilities~

It's worth noting that some of the "leaked" stuff has proven reliable so far. There definitely are unlikely predictions mixed with more probable stuff, but who knows? We'll see.

It has, but that's only up until episode 4. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

• 2 weeks later...
Spoiler

So, I just watched the recent episode and i have to say the scenes are kinda rushed imo. It feels it was rush for the sake of upcoming episode and the season finale. Not saying it's a bad episode but there's so many things i find jarring with these fast paced scenes. Also am i the only one who finds that convincing Cersei to form an armistice is a dumb idea? i mean it's a long shot convincing her, but we'll see.

It was also nice that Gendry returned and knowing that my favorite house is not dead. So fast forward to the end, The episode ends showing the All star squad of Jon Snow going into the cold winter to capture some white walkers just for the lolz. We have Jon Snow(Warrior), Sandor(Tank), Jorah(Knight), Thoros(Priest), Beric(Spellsword), Tormund(Berserker), Gendry(Battlesmith) on this expedition. The only thing missing is Theon Greyjoy taking the role as their archer.

Anyways, the next episode is gonna be lit. I don't have any death predictions yet in upcoming episode but i doubt it will be Jon Snow, that's for sure. :P