Breeding and Hidden Abilities?

4 minutes ago, CaptainGame said:

So I'm breeding the Pancham I got in a trade to try and get one with better stats, but I'm noticing that its hidden ability - Scrappy - isn't being passed down at all. Is this a bug? If it isn't, is there a way around it?

Abilities are passed by holding an everstone.   Otherwise it's just random.

I think it's that way in cannon as well, though I don't know how it handles hidden ones.

Edited by seki108

Just now, CaptainGame said:

Ah... in the base game, I read that there's an 80% chance of the mother passing her ability... Is that changed here?

I didn't get the edit done in time. 

I think it works about the same, though it might have a higher chance of randomizing the abilities here (possibly because of RPG maker).  All abilities have an equal chance of showing up in the wild or in events, but I don't know if it fully applies to breeding percents outside of everstone.  

I personally have noticed it's higher than 50%, but I can't say for certain that it's 80% unaided.

8 minutes ago, seki108 said:

Abilities are passed by holding an everstone.   Otherwise it's just random.

I think it's that way in cannon as well, though I don't know how it handles hidden ones.

Aren't natures passed down using an everstone.

Just now, FairFamily said:

Aren't natures passed down using an everstone.

I thought abilities were too.  I guess I never payed absolute attention to that detail, though it certainly seemed to.  I haven't bred in months, so I guess I'm not sure.