Hey there! I know what you're all thinking - Who the hell is this fox-shaped person writing posts about getting to know veterinarians? Well my friend, you just got something very, very wrong - I'm actually not fox shaped at all! I'm a 100% human person who uses a fox-like name as a username. Silly, silly reader.

So it came to my attention that there's currently a kind of rift between older and newer members; One caused by the fact that, in an introduction thread, a person exposes themselves bare to a basic level wheras the veterans remain guarded, having done their respective introductions years ago and them being buried away (or, like in my case, outright deleted) 

That makes it hard to know the veterans at a basic level. The rift between old and new ends up widening each year while the old slowly fade away and the new become the old, just so they can alienate themselves from the new-new and so on.

So in an attempt to break this cycle and bridge this gap, I've decided to create this thread as a way to get the vets to open up a bit and expose ourselves for what we really are - Grouchy old bastards who hate change.

And who better to begin than yours truly, AKA semi-relevant former developer who went away and then sorta came back but only on discord except now they're writing a post so on the forums too I guess? - Or Kuro for short.

The way I'll write my own expose below is not in any way a format to be strictly followed, but it can serve as a suggestion to those who aren't feeling particularly creative:

General Info:
Known as:                 Kurotsune / Kuro 
Gender:                    On the internet I prefer to be seen as non-binary, using "they" pronouns.
Birthday:                  June 30, 1989
Height:                     173cm
Hair Color:                Jet black
Eye Color:                 Brown
Lives with:                A giant ego (AKA alone)
Pets:                          None!
Relationship status:   Single!
Favourite Food:           My favorite food right now is this chicken salad recipe I've invented a week ago
Favourite Drink:         Boring ol' water
Favourite Color:         Blaaaaaaack!
Favourite kind of Music: Electro swing, as of recently
Favourite Band:           Avantasia
Favourite Album:         Avantasia - The Mystery of Time
Favourite Song:          The Killers - A Dustland Fairytale
Favourite Game:          Fallout 4 as of right now
Favourite Genre of Game:  Metroidvania!
Favourite Hobbies:        Reading, writing, psychology, philosophy, coding
Favourite Movies:         The Last Samurai's been my favourite movie for a long time. Don't watch a lot of 'em
Favourite Shows:          Whose Line is it Anyway?

Community questions:
So, who are you?: I'm Kuro! I joined the community to some fanfare at the end of 2014 and have been up to no good deed ever since. I'm the brains behind some of the implementations in Reborn, as I was a part of and led the development team for a year and a half before my departure. I'm the person who unofficialy trained both Marcello and Jericho as developers for Pokémon Reborn, and acted as Amethyst's right-hand on the development front during my tenure - In fact, for most of my stay it was just me and her, and the others slowly started popping up along the ride.

Anything you're responsible for? As aforementioned, I'm responsible for a lot of implementations in pokémon reborn - Including the weather system and over 50 moves, the backup save system and some other implementations along the way. I'm also responsible for training Marcello until he could take on the challenges of heading development by himself. I'm also responsible for the Dragon Tours, though I figure only the oldies will remember those, and last but not least, I'm responsible for a lot of general mischief around the community.

If you had to choose one of your posts as your way to introduce yourself, which would it be? I kinda wrote my whole life story here, for better or worse

What can I talk to you about? In a certain way, anything. I greatly appreciate wit and I'm a very sarcastic (and, I hear, outwardly intimidating) person who is capable and willing to discuss any and all matters under the sun including the sun itself as long as my partner is willing to make the conversation interesting. I'm a firm believer in brutal honesty and don't shy away from it, but I can take it as much as I can dish it; If you feel you can handle the fox-heat, don't shy away from the foxfire!

Closing statements? I sincerely hope this takes off enough to assist the community to grow together as one. Throught my time here, directly or not, I've worked towards that goal and I feel no effort to achieve it is wasted. Hopefully through this we'll all be able to know each other a bit better and find some more common ground - If nothing else, it could serve as a conversation starter.

And with that, lovelies, I'm done. Thank you for your time and your patience reading through this, and I hope I'll see plenty of you old farts sharing here with me!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8

General Info:
Known as:                 Zangief
Birthday:                 June 1st 1956
Height:                  214 cm
Hair Color:               Brown
Eye Color:                Blue
Lives with:               Zangief moves around too much to live with anyone or have pets!
Pets:                     
Relationship status:      There is no time for love, when developing storng muscles!
Favourite Food:           Borscht
Favourite Drink:         Vodka
Favourite Color:         Red
Favourite kind of Music: The Russian National ANthem
Favourite Band:            Alexander Alexandrov
Favourite Album:         Best of  Alexander Alexandrov
Favourite Song:          Russian National Anthem
Favourite Game:          What is game?
Favourite Genre of Game:  What is genre?
Favourite Hobbies:        Wrestling with bears, doing the Cossack dance, teaching others about muscle spirit, working on muscles
Favourite Movies:         Rocky (some of it anyway)
Favourite Shows:          National News.

Community questions:
So, who are you?: ZANGIEF IS PROUD MAN WHO LOVES HIS COUNTRY VERY MUCH. ZANGIEF TRAIN HARD TO BUILD MUSCLE AND DEFEND GREAT NATION FROM ALL ATTACKS. BOTH FROM DANGEROUS FIGHTING AND IT'S PRIDE.

Anything you're responsible for? ZANGIEF HAS WON MANY VICTORIES AND DEFENDED NATION FROM MUCH DANGER.

If you had to choose one of your posts as your way to introduce yourself, which would it be? WHAT IS POST?

What can I talk to you about? ASK ZANGIEF ABOUT HOW TO TRAIN AND BUILD MUSCLE, OR IN THE WAY OF MUSCLE SPIRIT. WITH HARD WORK, ANYONE CAN HAVE MUSCLE LIKE ZANGIEF! 

Closing statements? TRAIN HARD COMRADE AND WE WILL GET ALONG JUST FINE! HOROSHO!!!

GET MEMED ON SON HAHA GOTTEM AM I NOT A SAVAGE FAM HAHA DAB ON THEM HATERS

General Info:
Known as:                 Pyon Pyon Kyuu or Ravioli (Ravioli is the name I've been competing with, Pyon is the name I'm known with in this comunity)
Birthday:                 November 9th 1996
Height:                  179 cm
Hair Color:               Brown
Eye Color:                Brown
Lives with:               Parents currently
Pets:                     A cat named tiger
Relationship status:      Single
Favourite Food:           Probably sushi
Favourite Drink:         Cider
Favourite Color:         Red or Pink
Favourite kind of Music: Blues-Rock, Jazz or J-Pop
Favourite Band:            Rival Sons
Favourite Album:         Head Down
Favourite Song:          Rival Sons - Where I've Been
Favourite Game:          Paper Mario
Favourite Genre of Game:  JRPGs, and fighting games
Favourite Hobbies:        Gaming obviously, I take competing very seriously. I'm also a musician, play the bass and also sound engineer doing sound memes here and there and other wastes of time.
Favourite Movies:         Fuck movies
Favourite Shows:          Tengenn Toppa Gurren Lagann

Community questions:
So, who are you?: A dude like any other, who will joke about everything and anything. I consider myself a very active person, I had a hard time standing still or doing one thing for too long. I'm competitive, I'm strong willed and stubborn. I play music, I play video games, and I try to be good at what I do. I constantly strive to better myself, and surround myself with people who I enjoy the company with and have different world views. 

Anything you're responsible for? A LOOOOOOOONG ago (in a distant land, I AKU shapeshifting master of darkness) ran a clan that lead a lot of people to Reborn. That organization has since split and only a few people are still about but technically it's my fault they are all here ??? Not that it matters. I have a roleplay FEF running in the roleplaying section, and am responsible for bringing the format to Reborn. 

If you had to choose one of your posts as your way to introduce yourself, which would it be? haha memes

What can I talk to you about? Music if you care to discuss it, sound engineering if you care to learn, Anime if you wish to hear me rant about how fucking shit the latest anime season probably is Skullgirls if you care to GET YOUR FUCKING BUTT KICKED COME HERE. I'm highly competitive at the game, and I stream it a lot so if you care about learning that at all don't hesitate to approach me especially if you are European. Same for roleplaying, if you want to get into it, Ashes sometimes needs new players and that's cool.

Closing statements? While I'm not very active and don't care much about the comunity anymore that isn't a "NO DON'T TALK TO ME AAAAA" it's a talk to me if you care. Just have fun and be yourself my dude.

• Upvote 5

Hello!

Known as:                 Arkhidon
Birthday:                  July 3rd
Height:                     5'9"
Hair Color:                Dirty blonde
Eye Color:                 Green
Lives with:                Mother, father, and brother (for another two months, then with mysterious roommates)
Pets:                         Rest in peace Peanut, may you forever be remembered
Relationship status:   Single
Favourite Food:           Onion bagel
Favourite Drink:          Orange juice
Favourite Color:          Gray
Favourite kind of Music:   Currently Rock, but I bounce around
Favourite Band:           Adam Tell
Favourite Album:         Mylo Xyloto (from Coldplay)
Favourite Song:           I legit cannot decide
Favourite Game:          STALKER: Call of Pripyat (along with the MISERY Mod)
Favourite Genre of Game:  RPG
Favourite Hobbies:        Listening to music, conversing with amigos
Favourite Movies:         Hacksaw Ridge was pretty good
Favourite Shows:          Last Week Tonight

So, who are you?: I'm Arkhidon, the guy who likes scarves, good music, and AtokNiiro, the artist who designs every avatar I ever use ever. I'm a college student soon entering my third year at UC Santa Cruz pursuing a B.S. in computer science, probably with a minor in applied mathematics. I hope to be an approachable guy around whom most people would like to be.

Anything you're responsible for?: I was previously responsible for a Site Suggestions & Maintenance thread where users could suggest changes to bring to the community, whether technical and site/server-related or policy/auth-related both before and while I was a member of the auth team. It's probably more known that I would update SotD on Discord and Showdown when they needed updating, but I hope I also acted as a member of the auth team users may turn to to discuss changes they felt were necessary in Reborn. For now, I'm responsible for hosting some small things on side channels from Reborn.

If you had to choose one of your posts as your way to introduce yourself, which would it be?

Probably my introduction thread. I don't mean to make this a scavenger hunt.

What can I talk to you about?

I guess it would be easiest and most enjoyable for me to talk about cool math facts, but that's actually excessively nerdy since we're all already part of a Pokemon community. So we could talk about music or cool artists who draw cool things? AtokNiiro is a great artist, but I do appreciate many other artists out there. Talk with me to raise the flag to continue this conversation!

Closing statements?

Have a nice day.

• Upvote 3

• Support Squad

General Info:
Known as:  Felix, Dobby, that one uncle you see at family gatherings who you suspect to be trying to hide drugs in the bathroom but actually using them there.             Age: 18 goin' on 19                     
Birthday: The midday of the eight moon.                
Height:  175cm?                
Hair Color: Fuck i dunno uh straw coloured ona  good day              
Eye Color: Muddy               
Lives with: Two and a half men.              
Pets: Two and a half men. Also two cats.                    
Relationship status: A pringle has more relationships than i do. 
Favourite Food: I honestly can't pick.          
Favourite Drink: Copious amounts of apple and blackcurrent squash    
Favourite Color:  Changes by the day.      
Favourite kind of Music: Columbian throat music.
Favourite Band: Rubber.  
Favourite Album: Elastic.      
Favourite Song: Silicone love.  
Favourite Game: Persona 3. Five is fist fighting its senior for that spot tho.         
Favourite Genre of Game: any variants of RPG,which pretty much includes everything nowadays. Picking by genre is haaaaard okaaaay?
Favourite Hobbies:  Writing. Redrafting not so much.
Favourite Movies: Forrest Gump, Koe no Katachi, Run Fatboy Run, Hercules, to name a few and give you a sense of the range.
Favourite Shows: hrk, Orange is the New Black annnnd uhhhhh recently i've been loving Re:creators from teh new anime season. There's so much to choose from man.

Community questions:
So, who are you?: Hi, I'm Felix. I've been around since early 2014 and my role in the community is. Hm. Oh, It's...! Ok idk I just hang around and dip into conversations as and when I like. Outside of reborn I'm a university student studying creative writing and wasting too much of my time to be healthy. I typically lurk in discord lobby these days waiting for an interesting topic to come up. I currently go by pink but i will literally change my name at the drop of a hat. My avatars are typically static on discord tho. If you suspect it's me just click my name and hey, Felix it will be.

Anything you're responsible for? The auth don't typically trust me. Every so often in the reborn parties I've been seen hosting music or an event. I am also responsible for a good chunk of tangents and conversations taking a turn towards territory just shy of the rule against sexual content.

If you had to choose one of your posts as your way to introduce yourself, which would it be? 

On 20/12/2014 at 9:35 PM, Felix~ said:

Fuck you, and your foreshadowing

Ok maybe not the most social post but its all in good fun, tooootally.

What can I talk to you about? I'm a huge anime nerd who keeps up with the seasonal anime so I'll take on all corners in a conversation about this. I can also hold a decent conversation about a variety of games so if you're talking about something in lobby don't be surprised if I hop in. Otherwise I like to think I'ma  jack of all conversational trades. I don't know niche stuff so don't expect me to know about silent Russian cinema or some other obscure yet kinda respectable interest. I'm also a sucker for arguments, I like debating controversial things. It's just plain interesting.

Closing statements?

Well, this is me. The last thing I can say is welcome to all the new people coming to the community. Even if you just stay around the parts of the community featuring the reborn game I hope you enjoy your stay.

• Upvote 3

General Info:
Known as:                 Godot, Godojira, Whatever the Discord Alias I feel like going by.
Birthday:                 May 4th (Unofficial Star Wars Day)
Height:                    Average aka 5'10" or 177 cm
Hair Color:               Black
Lives with:               That loser Maelstrom.
Pets:                         Maelstrom, he can be a good boy.  Thank god he is house Broken
Relationship status:      zzzzz
Favourite Food:           Spanish, Italian, A good Steak, Most things Asian.
Favourite Drink:           Milk or Coca-Cola
Favourite Color:            Dark or Forest Green
Favourite kind of Music: Rock, Alternative, Punk, Ska, Electronica, Video Game Music
Favourite Band:             Gorillaz, System of a Down, Drop Kick Murphys, Daft Punk, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Offspring
Favourite Album:           Demon Dayz- Gorillaz
Favourite Song:             As of right now, Strobelight by the Gorillaz and Rivers in the Desert from Persona 5
Favourite Game:           Persona,  Golden Sun, Danganronpa, Tekken, Super Smash Bros, Marvel vs. Capcom, Devil May Cry, Guilty Gear, Ratchet and Clank, Okami
Favourite Genre of Game:  Action, JRPG, Fighting
Favourite Hobbies:        Gaming, Listening to Music, Recently been picking up Swimming and looking into MMA
Favourite Movies:          Marvel Cinematic Universe, Fight Club, Scott Pilgrim, Most Mel Brooks Films
Favourite Shows:           How I Met Your Mother, Scrubs, Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Cowboy Bebop, Tiger and Bunny, Marvel MCU Shows.

Community questions:
So, who are you?:  Moderator in this community.  I am a general Forum and server moderator though a big thing I am into is Video Games.  I am also the local Gaming General Moderator.  Besides that I have been around here for around 7-8 years.  I completed the Original Reborn League.  I also play most things on Playstation and Nintendo Consoles.

Anything you're responsible for? As seen above.  I also held many gaming events like Super Smash Bros Tournaments. I also occasionally DJ for the community.

If you had to choose one of your posts as your way to introduce yourself, which would it be? This one maybe? 

What can I talk to you about? Music, Console Gaming (TBH I am not an Xbox or PC fan), Comic Book nerd things?

Closing statements? Be Excellent to one another Doods!

• Upvote 2

General Info:

Known as:  Viri (short for Viridescent, my erstwhile moniker), Ironbound
Birthday: October 3
Height: 180 cm
Hair Color: Jet Black
Eye Color:  Dark Brown
Lives with: An extended joint family on ancestral property
Pets: Two dogs, a Labrador Retriever and a Doberman Pinscher 
Relationship status: Not Interested
Favourite Food:  Nothing beats south Indian cuisine
Favourite Drink:  Coffee, roast, ground, filtered and black
Favourite Color: Most natural or sober shades, such as charcoal grey, sky blue, earth tones, etc. Preference to shades of dark green, hence the original name 'Viridescent'
Favourite kind of Music: Classical Carnatic instrumental, Hindustani instrumental and ragas, Western classical chamber/orchestral music, and Opera, as long as it's in a language I don't understand

Band: From my listed tastes in music, does it look like any band plays Schubert or Hariprasad Chaurasia or Ustad Bismillah Khan?

Synthesised sounds also generally turn me off; I prefer organic instruments from the pre-electronic era.
Favourite Album:  This again, doesn't apply, but I do like Vivaldi's four seasons if that counts.
Favourite Song:   The human voice in song doesn't appeal much to me, unless it's a devotional Raga (in which case the chant of the human voice is an essential element) or unless it's Opera in a language I don't know (thus I can appreciate the pure sound without having a meaning superimposed on me)

I can list a favourite piece or two, though; Bismillah Khan's rendition of the Raag Bhairavi on the Shehnai is my personal favourite. Others include Grieg's Hall of the Mountain King, most of Mozart, much of the likes of Hariprasad Chaurasia and Shiv Kumar Sharma, and so on. 

Some of Hans Zimmer's works, especially the orchestral pieces in Interstellar, are also great.
Favourite Game:   Sometimes I wonder what I'm doing in a gaming community; I play barely anything. I can safely say I liked PMD Sky, though.
Favourite Genre of Game:  Usually, things that involve more analytics and less action appeal to me. Turn-based strategy like competitive Pokemon, for example. Or chess.
Favourite Hobbies:  I enjoy music, art (I myself paint and sketch), gardening, swimming, going on long walks in the open, and reading almost everything. I particularly like works of philosophy, ancient mythology, economics and polity, and general nonfiction. I also enjoy debating and some writing.
Favourite Movies:   Not much of a movie buff; there's been a few good ones here and there that I liked, but I find most films to be formulaic. No favourites in particular.
Favourite Shows:  Again, can't say, not having watched much of anything. TV usually meant either news or some kind of documentary to me. I suppose I like David Attenborough's narratives.

Community questions:

So, who are you?:  I'm a student of economics and financial management, pursuing education with a view to join government (not politics). I don't know how I ended up here in the community, but I've been here, on and off, for a couple of years or more. 

I'm also one of the resident punsters. 

How did you end up here? I don't really know. I used to be part of the Smogon community back in 2012-13, after a while I suppose I drifted out of there and ended up migrating here. Shofu's play of the game was probably what showed this game and community to me; I'm not as ancient as some of the others who post in this thread.

These days, though, I'm not very active. I haven't touched Reborn: The Game in years, and mostly stick around on Discord.

Anything you're responsible for? I was never a moderator or controller of any event in this community. However, I did bung in an article here and there, and  I did also establish an art thread and a philosophy thread for their respective discussions. Though both have been gathering dust for a while now, I am glad that they could and did have a great run.

If you had to choose one of your posts as your way to introduce yourself, which would it be? I could dig up my original introductory post from years ago, but this one should do, no?

What can I talk to you about? Anything and everything under the sun, and beyond too, if you like. (Though my knowledge of games, animes and memes is generally poor.)

Closing statements? The only other relevant statement I can add here is that I like Steel type Pokemon.

• Upvote 2

Can... can we have a in depth brief description of how our Senpais first got into the community? Does everyone have ties to the game or are you here for something else? How big of a part does this play in your life? Is anyone going to stand up to the ongoing Budew genocide Amethyst is spearheading? 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, TwinAero said:

Can... can we have a in depth brief description of how our Senpais first got into the community? Does everyone have ties to the game or are you here for something else? How big of a part does this play in your life? Is anyone going to stand up to the ongoing Budew genocide Amethyst is spearheading? 

Despite what newcomers think here.  Reborn has been a community established waaaaay before the Reborn games was a thing.  You would be surprised how many vets haven't even finished the game. 

Also, My Favorite Types of pokemon are Rock, Ground, Fighting, and Dark.  In that order.

1 hour ago, TwinAero said:

1) I watched Shofu playing Reborn and was all "aw yeah, that's rad," so I found my way here and joined up. I've finished Reborn up to episode 16 and intend to eventually finish the game when the final episode is released, hopefully keeping up with each episode along the way.
2) These days, it's the community that keeps me tethered rather than the game.

3) The community was just a neat side thing to keep me occupied in the mornings before school, but when I met my now closest and most treasured friend through Reborn, I felt compulsion to give back to the community what it gave me. Eventually, I was promoted to the role of moderator and I took that as an opportunity to make a positive contribution to Reborn however I could. Though I since stepped down because real life is catching up with me, I still feel the need to make a positive influence and that drives me to continue interacting with the community in what I hope is a benevolent manner.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Known as:               Maelstrom, or just Mael
Age:                        Older than you (if you wanna bet, I could always use more booze money)
Birthday:                 Jan 29
Height:                    5'7" (so... just a touch short)

Body Type:               Beefy, yet well marbled (you are what you eat; see below)
Hair Color:               Black
Lives with:               Scrubdot. I mean, Godot is my roommate.
Pets:                         No personal pets atm. But my family has and continues to have plenty of pets, but mostly dogs at this point.

Languages:                S rank English, maybe about C rank in Spanish and Japanese

Relationship status:    I ain't here to cradle-rob, you weirdos, so don't ask.
Favourite Food:           Steak, medium rare, no steak sauce. If you eat steak any other way- you are wrong. Also, Ice cream, ribs, mangoes, wings, brisket (and meat in general)
Favourite Drinks:           Rum, Coke, Sprite, Manzanita Sol, Dr. Pepper, Orange Sunkist, wheat beers, lagers, IPA's
Favourite Color:            Cerulean
Favourite kinds of Music: Pop, Rock, Alt, Video Game Music, Anime OPs/EDs/OSTs, J Pop, violin stuff
Favourite Song:            Volvamos, by Dulce Maria and Joey Montana, at the moment
Favourite Games:           Too many to name, but lets go for a sampling- Smash Bros, Halo, Destiny, KH, Golden Sun, Lost Kingdoms, Custom Robo, FE, Donkey Kong Country 2, Star Fox 64, Yoshi's Island, Megaman Battle Network, Portal
Favourite Genre of Game:  FPS, RPG, Adventure (I really don't like platformers anymore like mario or all those indie metroidvanias)
Favourite Hobbies:        Gaming, Reading, Complaining about Republicans, drinking (and doing the aforementioned things at the same time), hoping to jump into paintball/airsoft/laser tag. I've also done a lot of sports stuff- swimming, wrestling, grappling, fencing, soccer, swimming and a little bit of golf, tennis, and basketball.

Community questions:
So, who are you?:     I am the co-founder of the forums with Ame. I say forums because I had little to do with the infamous Reborn League or the Reborn Game than Ame + minions have made which have really been the driving forces behind this place's popularity. I've been a moderator off and on since the beginning but I've been retired for a while this time around. Other than that, I've earned a Bachelor's degree in Biology and am currently working on getting another degree to work in Nuclear Medicine. But in between degrees, I spent 5 years active duty in the US Army as Airborne Infantry- which basically means I was trained to jump, mid-flight, out of an airplane and parachute down into combat situations. I did end up deployed to Afghanistan for 9 months during that time.

Which reminds me. As Godot has mentioned, this place originally called Reborn when it first started but was instead called Poke-place and was a spin-off forum dedicated to fans of the pokemon series. At one point, the forums had to move from it's original place for reasons I wasn't around to really know about, but that's how it earned it's name. It moved to a new place and was "Reborn." Incidentally, I guess the full name of the site is really "Reborn, Evolved", which was so named to help promote our push to make this place a host for gaming beyond the Reborn Game or Pokemon itself. We wanted the site to change and be more inclusive of other popular games that our members could team together to placy, such as LoL, minecraft, Overwatch, etc. Diversify and expand the community without losing our pokemon roots. We wanted an 'evolved' version of Reborn.

Anything you're responsible for?    Inflicting Godot upon this place. I'd feel sorry for you but some of ya'll deserve it ;P. I currently hold no responsibilities as but a normal member of reborn.

What are you known for?     Changing avatars often and my contributions to the Suggest an Avatar thread. Some few might remember my past contributions to moderation, I suppose. Drinking...

If you had to choose one of your posts as your way to introduce yourself, which would it be?         I never really did an intro thread because this place started off with a small group of people who knew each other and I was visibly active through most of this place's existence. So, long answer short, just stick with this one.

What can I talk to you about?        Console gaming, especially fps's or real time action games you can coop (Destiny, OW, Battleborn). Books, esp. Robert Jordan, Harry Turtledove, L.E. Moddesitt Jr, Robin Hobb books. Movies. Things to do with the military, if you're just curious or are thinking about joining a military branch (in which case it behooves you to talk to other people about it because the recruiter isn't stereotyped as particularly honest for a reason). Anime- I've seen quite a bit, but there are some popular ones that I consider trash or turned into trash as the series went on (such as naruto, bleach, one piece, and fairy tale). Musics.

Closing statements?       I am opinionated but I don't think my online presence is all that intimidating, so hit me up.

• Upvote 5

Well shit this looks neat.  Might as well poke my head out of my personal little nightclub thread to say hi.

Known as:                 Tacos/Tacps (only for those who were there during that terrible time)
Birthday:                  September 22, 1999
Height:                     5'9"
Hair Color:                Brown with some neat little blond highlights
Lives with:                Family consisting of Mother and Father and a sister during the summer
Pets:                          Two Dogs (Yorkies named Carly and Ruby)
Relationship status:   Single
Favourite Food:           Constantly alternates between pizza and frozen yogurt
Favourite Drink:         Tea
Favourite Color:         Blue

Favourite kind of Music:  Alternative
Favourite Band:           COIN
Favourite Album:         How Will You Know If You Never Try
Favourite Song:          Please don't make me decide
Favourite Game:          League of Legends
Favourite Genre of Game:  RPG
Favourite Hobbies:        Sleeping, Gaming, Listening to Music, Spending time with friends
Favourite Movies:         Spirited Away <3
Favourite Shows:          American Horror Story, How to Get Away With Murder

Community questions:
So, who are you?: I'm just a guy who was lucky enough to stumble upon a place such as this where I became enthralled for an extended period of time.  The community, while far from perfect, was a place of kindness, acceptance, and memes.  The game was a nice past time and I found myself desiring to donate, which at the time, I didn't even realize gave me ace membership.  So for about 3-4 years I've been here on and off, enjoying two periods of time as a forum mod, which I very much enjoyed.  As things got to be more busy in my life, I had to throw in the towel.  But I still enjoy this place very much and I always find myself drawn back here every now and then.  Moving away from my history here, I'm currently going into my senior year of high school with hopes of going to college to study genetics.  Music is a cornerstone of my life, as I involve myself in numerous choirs and bands, as well as acting as the current percussion captain for my school's marching band.  I'm not the easiest person to approach, I know, but I hope I don't scare anyone away.  

Anything you're responsible for? Perhaps my most prized possession (which I realize I probably should be updating at some point even) on Reborn is the Reborn for Macs guide I made forever ago, back when we were doing little things in public development like reducing move and item descriptions to fit in their text display.  Aside from that, as a mod, I took part in numerous meetings where we made important decisions about the community that often led to announcements that I either wrote up myself or contributed towards.  Before I was ever a mod though, I incited the gator incident from years back by spontaneously transforming into fezzdog on the forums.

Neither my proudest moment, nor an actual quote by me, but nonetheless:

On 5/18/2014 at 2:10 PM, Tacos said:

(20:24:40) +Amethyst: Can anyone else become Tacos by clicking on their fezzdog

(20:24:41) +Amethyst: ?

(20:26:57) +Amethyst: This is my professional diagnosis:

(20:27:05) +Amethyst: shit is fucked up and idk why

(20:28:08) +Amethyst: THE FORUMS ARE PEWPEWPEW

(20:28:12) +Amethyst: EVERYBODY ABORT

(20:02:24) +Amethyst: IT IS THE GATORS FAULT.

What can I talk to you about? Pretty much anything.  Conversations are one of my greatest joys and a good one with just about anyone can make my day.

Closing statements? Love yourselves, friends.  Stay Spicy.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Known as:                 Commander
Birthday:                  Feb 18
Height:                     5'11''
Hair Color:                Dark Brown
Eye Color:                 Hell if I know (it's Hazel and changes all the time)
Lives with:                A grown man who lives with his parents (and two sisters)
Pets:                          1 dog
Relationship status:   Single
Favourite Food:          Goulash
Favourite Drink:         Wild Cherry Pepsi
Favourite Color:         Green
Favourite kind of Music: Alternative
Favourite Band:           Good question
Favourite Album:         I'll get back
Favourite Song:           To this topic eventually 
Favourite Game:          Xenoblade Chronicles
Favourite Genre of Game:  JRPGs
Favourite Hobbies:        Writing and Gaming
Favourite Movies:         ....Star Wars A New Hope is the only thing that comes to mind (not really a TV person)
Favourite Shows:          Friends

So, who are you?: The name's Commander and it's one that you're bound to here pop up if you talk about the Reborn game. A lot of my past history with Reborn is sort of lost history pre-hardcore just simply due to a lot of active users around the time were inactive or I was very inactive. Probably what a lot of people would sum me up as is "the guy who made a certain mod for Pokemon Reborn referred to as Hardcore." I know one common theme with me is that a lot of people used to be intimidated by me from both my tone and avatar appearance, but when you're around me long enough, you'll see I'm sometimes a bit of a goofball.

Anything you're responsible for? My contributions to this site are far and few inbetween, but one of the few that are still active is the Pokemon Reborn Hardcore which is probably one of the most recognized mods on the site (and technically the first). That takes up a lot of time so you'll probably see periods where I'm working on it. In the past though I was part of the RP community with an RP that failed miserably as well as being part of a few now inactive RPs.

If you had to choose one of your posts as your way to introduce yourself, which would it be? There really isn't a post to introduce myself since I really don't like talking about myself all that much (to the point you'd probably have to pry it out of me). There's a bit of a story behind that so I guess I'd just link a cat picture or something instead.

What can I talk to you about? Honestly, you can approach me and talk about almost anything since part of being a writer is asking dangerous "what if" questions. Those turn into rabbit holes and they go deeper and deeper with no end in sight. My only warning is that I'm both blunt and stonehard about stuff so giving me touchy subjects may just end up with me stinging you back. It's not that I'm a heartless bastard, but we've all dealt with terrible shit in our lives with some worse than others. I also can be a bit sassy depending on the topic as well. My favorite topic are RPG games and writing philosophy so feel free to hit me up on those.

Closing Statements: I have a huge disconnect with the younger generation of people which is a sign I'm becoming an old timer (and even if I sound like I know what you're talking about with those new fab sayings, I probably have no idea what you're talking about).

Also,

3 hours ago, TwinAero said:

I first found the community because of the game way back when it was rather short with only 7 episodes. I absolutely loved the game back then since it was basically a hard Pokemon game for me. Though I beat the game and then kind of moved on (Ame released episodes rather quickly back then so you could check back in a few months for the next one). The original PokeNations is kind of what got me exploring the site a bit more, but the only reason I'm really still around is because of an old RP called Pokemon Ymora Academy. The community was a lot more personal back then as well given how small it was so everyone kind of knew each other to some degree and we really weren't afraid to talk about anything. I enjoyed it and I'm still around because of those experiences. I would like to remind you that this is coming from a guy who has committed god knows how many hours into a mod for the game. I'm not sure if any vets are still around because of the game honestly.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Kudos Kuro, this was such an excellent idea!

Known as: Rosesong, LidaRose, Rosie... some people who know me well tend to drop my irl nickname too

Birthday: December 15, 1993

Height: 5ft 3in

Hair Color: Red brown 

Eye Color: Green

Lives with: My mom and sister 

Pets: A jet black cat named Midnight <3

Relationship status: In a committed relationship for a year and 2 months 

Favourite Food: Homemade chicken noodle soup

Favourite Drink: Tea

Favourite Color: Blue

Favourite kind of Music: Alternative 

Favourite Band: Third Eye Blind or Coldplay 

Favourite Album: I can't honestly pick 

Favourite Song: Everglow--Coldplay, Sound of Silence--Disturbed, Fix You--Coldplay, Jumper--Third Eye Blind

Favourite Game: Don't have one

Favourite Genre of Game:  Again, don't have one 

Favourite Hobbies: Reading, occasionally writing, teaching, playing any instrument (and I do mean any), listening to music, singing (badly)

Favourite Movies: Mr. Holland's Opus, Dead Poet's Society, August Rush

Favourite Shows: American Ninja Warrior, Face Off, Big Brother, This is Us

Community questions:

So, who are you?: I call myself Rosesong, a name based on my all time favorite book series, Warriors by Erin Hunter. You can shorten it to just Rose, or even make it LidaRose (from the Music Man). I don't often appear here anymore, but that's what happens when you're a 23 year old middle school band teacher gearing up for a second year in teaching! I'm an avid musician, capable of playing almost any instrument you can name with varying levels of proficiency. The instruments that I'm most comfortable on are clarinet, which I've played for ~13 years, and bass clarinet for ~11 years (I've earned many accolades on this instrument).

Anything you're responsible for? I used to be a server mod here awhile back, but had to retire due to the start of my career. I was also responsible for massive shipping fests back in 2014, when I had ~15-20 ships that people made up about me and others in the community.

If you had to choose one of your posts as your way to introduce yourself, which would it be? Yikes. I never exactly wrote an intro post (at least, not that I can remember). I encourage anyone curious about me to just pop up in my PMs and ask me questions though!

What can I talk to you about? Anything at all! I'm more than comfortable just lending an ear and listening to what's going on. I also don't mind giving advice or playing the devil's advocate if needed. I'm not necessarily the best conversationalist around, but no matter the topic, I look forward to learning new things and interesting discussions.

Closing Remarks... peace!

3 hours ago, Godot said:

Reborn has been a community established waaaaay before the Reborn games was a thing.  You would be surprised how many vets haven't even finished the game. 

22 minutes ago, Commander said:

I'm not sure if any vets are still around because of the game honestly.

2 hours ago, Arkhi said:

These days, it's the community that keeps me tethered rather than the game

Well then, so much for bridging the rift. (・ิ_・ิ)

What would you say, if any, is the biggest difference between the forums back then and now? And should I even be asking these here? or am I polluting the introduction thread?

This is fun haha!

Known as:                Rainlove/ Real Name - Sophie
Birthday:                  November 26, 1991
Height:                     154cm
Hair Color:                Blonde
Eye Color:                 Blue
Lives with:                Family
Pets:                          A Husky and Persian cat
Relationship status:   Has a boyfriend (Been together for 7 years)
Favourite Food:          Eggplant Tofu from Panda Express
Favourite Drink:         Anything freshly squeezed
Favourite Color:          Pink!
Favourite kind of Music:  I like classical music
Favourite Band:           Spice Girls (lol don't judge me)
Favourite Album:         Lauryn Hill - The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill
Favourite Song:          ABBA - Soldiers
Favourite Game:          Spyro 2 Ripto's Rage
Favourite Genre of Game:  RPGs and Adventures
Favourite Hobbies:        Reading, Knitting, painting, gardening and jogging
Favourite Movies:         Howl's Moving Castle and Doubt 
Favourite Shows:          Rupaul's Drag Race

Edited by Rainlove

• Veterans

Was schleep af when this went up

fuck me

General Info:
Known as:                Azery
Birthday:                  November 17, 2001
Height:                     186cm
Hair Color:                Jet black
Lives with:                Parents, 5 siblings.
Pets:                          None anymore.
Relationship status:   Single and never ready to mingle.
Favourite Food:           Spaghetti
Favourite Drink:          Tea
Favourite Color:          Orange
Favourite kind of Music: I don't listen to music enough to quantify this so I'll put a big fat x here
Favourite Band:           Above
Favourite Album:         Above
Favourite Song:          Above
Favourite Game:          PMD EoS, TLOZ: MM, Despite my not even getting close to finishing it, Dark Souls 3 is getting up there too.
Favourite Genre of Game: Generally I'll like most RPGs given the chance to play them
Favourite Hobbies:        Playing vidya, watching youtube, comp mons is a guilty pleasure of mine, occasionally reading, trying to get more into Basketball again as I really enjoyed it.
Favourite Movies:         Don't really watch enough movies so I'll but Jurassic World down here because that's the last one I watched. Yeah.
Favourite Shows:          Prison Break

Community questions:
So, who are you?: Ey, name's Azery, or AZ for short, people use a variety of other nicknames for me. Do what you want. I've been a member of reborn since 2014 and over the time I feel and I've been told I've changed a lot for the better. I'm arguably one of the youngest members of the community and despite that I've been around for quite a long time. I'm a secondary school student currently pendant going into year 11. I have no idea what in the world I'm going to do with my life but that's the fun ain't it, figuring it out. I generally lurk on discord or the semi abandoned showdown server. I've helped organise a league made in honour of the old reborn league, the redemption league in both of it's runs so far, so shameless plug there. Aside from that I don't really do a whole lot, if you see me just hmu and we'll chat into oblivion I guess.

Anything you're responsible for? Aside from helping host Redemption, I'm now a Discord Moderator so I guess the well being of that chat is my job now. 

@entreflores: anw time to spend some quality time at the bathtube putting a vibrator on my head

+RBRN Azery: ^ this tbh

What can I talk to you about? If you can get me interested, just about anything. Memery, comp mons, irl stuff, sometimes LoL are usually the stuff I talk about but as I said if you can get me interested I'll participate in just about any discussion, be ready for a hell of a lot of tangents tho. As I said, hmu in dms on discord or forums and we'll get to talking. I've been semi-interested in getting involved with you newfolk for a bit now.

How I got into the community: 12 year Azery, was very bored, soooo he went online to the youtubez. And so he found a game played by shoofuuu! It was called Pokemon Reeebooorn! 

Never again. But yeah that's how I found the community in like mid 2013 lol. I beat the game, forgot about it and then came around again just in time for E11. Then nations and shit happened and I got more involved and eventually I'm at this point, and you're here too. 

Closing statements? Viri sucks donkey dong. I dunno lol. Fuck Hydro Pump.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, TwinAero said:

Long ago sometime in 2011 me and the friends that hung out talking in a program called Pokemon Online had to find a new server since the one we used was crashing. We decided to migrate to Reborn, because I had discovered it randomly while playing Skyward Sword, and thought it was cool. While my profile says I joined 2012, I joined the server a few days before that in December 2011. Back then the server was a lot more personal and you got to know other people more intimately. I'm not saying it isn't possible anymore, just that back then fewer people meant easier to talk to those few people. 

N E A T O . I'll write what I can now, will edit in more tonight when I'm off phone

General Info:
Known as: Bazaro, Baz for short
Birthday: May 31, 1997
Height: 6' 0"
Hair Color: Dirty blonde
Eye Color: Blue
Lives with: Dad, stepmom, younger brother
Pets: One super old black-lab-border-collie named Sally
Relationship status:   Forever alone
Favourite Food: Burgers tacos and sghetti. How can I choose just one?
Favourite Drink: lemonades and sweet teas
Favourite Color: Orange
Favourite kind of Music: Pretty much anything, mostly alternative and rock
Favourite Band: I DON'T KNOW I'M INDECISIVE AAAAAAAA
Favourite Album: AAAAAAAAAAAA
Favourite Song: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Favourite Game: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Favourite Genre of Game: RPGs in general but also hard-strategy games.
Favourite Hobbies: Spriting, listening to music, playing saxophone and bassoon, destroying psyches, swimming, solving puzzles, RPG Maker
Favourite Movies: I don't watch movies much but the Avengers and Dark Knight series are pretty great
Favourite Shows: I don't watch TV really but I watch animes? I'm pretty casual about it but I'll watch pretty much anything.

Community questions:
So, who are you?: Resident spriter, d a n k memer, self proclaimed philosopher and therapist, and prone to changing my attitude at the drop of a dime. People often feel estranged by my inherit unpredictability, but I've also made some of my best friendships here. Your call.

I just entered my third year of service in the US Army, but I tend not to dwell on that little slice of heaven.

Anything you're responsible for? Most of the Mega Shiny sprites, several Reborn shiny sprites, leading the Amazon Nation to second place in Pokenations 2, hosting the second (and third?) season of the Redemption League.

I never made a real introduction thread but maybe choice would easily be there Mega Shiny thread I made way back when. (Will archive later)

What can I talk to you about? DON'T TALK TO ME DON'T TOUCH ME DON'T LOOK AT ME DON'T THINK ABOUT ME REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEjk

I'm still lurking around Discord, namely the LoL, Competitive/Redemtion, and Creative Works channels. I'm a big fan of theory-monning (CAPs and the such especially) sprites and memes, but I like to think I can talk about anything. Tell me your problems cuz I've been told I make a good therapist, and honestly enjoy listening and reflecting.

How I got into the community: So way back when, 12yo me wanted to play Pokemon online to be cool n stuff. One day he discovered... Pokemon Online, and jumped from server to server until he found a nice little hole to sit in: a small community called Mysidia. Unfortunately (or fortunately?) Mysidia crashed and burned. After a period of uncertainty, young bazaro89 found where several of the Mysidia members funneled to: another PO server called The Battle Tower. Then that died too. So sad. He kinda gave up at that point and went to some tiny 12-person server called Pokemon Reborn, where he saw some familiar faces. He's been there ever since mid-2011, and joined the forums in Feb 2012 to participate in the second season of the Reborn League, becoming the last champion in the Reborn Hall of Fame in season 3. (Will archive)

Ties to the game: I've played it ever since the very first episode, however long ago that was. Several of my first real spriting works were for Reborn so there is a bit of personal attachment here.

Amethyst's inexplicable hated for Budew: I for one stand strongly opposed to discrimination of Budews and actively support genetic splicing in retaliation. #BudewLivesMatter (Will post later)

Closing statements? Be yourself, be happy with yourself, don't hurt others or prevent them from being happy and just be mindful. Dunk scrubs who deserve it, consume at least 4 souls a day, and don't forget to hate on Azery and Bibs. Have a better day than yesterday, and make tomorrow even better.

7 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

Favourite Hobbies:         drinking (and doing the aforementioned things at the same time),    
 I spent 5 years active duty in the US Army as Airborne Infantry- which basically means I was trained to jump, mid-flight, out of an airplane and parachute down into combat situations. I did end up deployed to Afghanistan for 9 months during that time.
Anime- I've seen quite a bit, but there are some popular ones that I consider trash or turned into trash as the series went on (such as naruto, bleach, one piece, and fairy tale). 

Drinking eh, you think you can keep up with a 7th fleet sailor gramps. No but really I think it is badass that you jump out of airplanes. I work in an AC space  fixing radios on a destroyer so doing something like that is a little on the more extreme side of things for me. Also I would like to point out that with Anime you can be a salty seadog, a hardened vet or whatever and still enjoy a pass time that is often taken as being childish. You just gotta not really care what others think of you.

• Support Squad
9 hours ago, TwinAero said:

A good chunk of people came on a wave of Shofuism, a huge influx of members joined at that point and lo and behold the community grew. I for one still enjoy the game when an episode comes out and I can still remember a good part of the first 3/4s of teh game fairly well. With recent changes and a large addition to sidequests and the like I'm not so knowledgeable anymore. I did once try an LP like so many people, got to Spinel and then I just dropped like a stone for uploading. Ripperoni. I'm now here because I like the people here. I want more people to like though, the old fogies I hang around with just grumble.

5 hours ago, TwinAero said:

What would you say, if any, is the biggest difference between the forums back then and now? And should I even be asking these here? or am I polluting the introduction thread?

Probably the places people interact and the dynamic this had. We started on Pokemon Online and for a year or so we stayed there with the last season of league and various other community wide events. then we switched to Showdown and there were some issues commuting there but eventually we got back into a regular chat routine. Then most recently discord became a thing. The community was slowly transitioning into a general gaming community as interest in pokemon waned so Discord was the obvious place to migrate to. All the while forum activity waxed and waned with Reborn City and the RP forum being the core activity centres. Really that hasn't changed too much but there's less vets flitting around anywhere outside of ace.

Feel free to ask questions too, the whole point is to get to know us bud.

Known as: Amine 
Birthday: 15/06/1996

Height: i dunno rip, but i'm quite tall
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color:  Dark Brown
Lives with: Parents and siblings, what? i'm not responsible enough to live on my own c:
Pets: Ded all of them Cat and a few birbs
Relationship status: Since the boy is gawn i'll go after the girl c:
Favourite Food:  Steak, some traditional food
Favourite Drink:  Tea, strawberry milk, coffee
Favourite Color: blue, pink red, yellow, green
Favourite kind of Music:  Rock

Band: Linkin park
Favourite Album:  N/A
Favourite Song: i cant choose
Favourite Game:  PMD
Favourite Genre of Game:  currently RPG c:
Favourite Hobbies:  Sleeping, reading and sleeping, also MeMes
Favourite Movies:   THE ROOM
Favourite Shows:  how i met your mother

Community questions:

So, who are you?:  I'm a student of english, secondary year university

How did you end up here? I don't really know tbh, no it certainly was not shofu i only knew he existed a few weeks ago, i guess it was a youtube channel tho, i forgot xD

Anything you're responsible for? i'm irresposible, alas

If you had to choose one of your posts as your way to introduce yourself, which would it be? You succ c:

What can I talk to you about? anything
Closing statements? i like Sleeping a lot c:

18 hours ago, Magus said:

Drinking eh, you think you can keep up with a 7th fleet sailor gramps. No but really I think it is badass that you jump out of airplanes. I work in an AC space  fixing radios on a destroyer so doing something like that is a little on the more extreme side of things for me. Also I would like to point out that with Anime you can be a salty seadog, a hardened vet or whatever and still enjoy a pass time that is often taken as being childish. You just gotta not really care what others think of you.

Oh no, I like anime. But I'm picky. If I call certain shows trash, it's because I think they really are trash because they either do things poorly that other have done way better or other reasons that really make me want to not watch 'em. I'm not calling all anime trash.

Edit: @Magus, Do I think I can keep up with sailor driven to drink by cabin fever? Bring it on, seaman.