Pokemon Hollow (Overhaul)

ego

now that i'v finished the episode i fell like its time for this so bare with me as this may be long i'll start with the likes:

first of i liked that you got to actually chose the type of the starter you wanted wither it was electric or dragon or what ever you fancied.

2nd i really liked how you could end up with a full mixed team of 6 on the first route.

3rd the concept of having a market in  a mountain was a neat idea also, it also upgrades it merchandise as you progress.

4th the 2 different syndicates have very different goals, it will be interesting what red syndicate intends to do with the hollow's in future episodes

5th fro the 1st episode the story was good the method  use for acquiring your starter was unique.

6th the puzzle varied in difficulty  throughout the episode which made me think which i liked even if they stumped me.

now onto the dislikes

1st even with the capability of getting a full mixed type team on the first route was good there were in my opining too many of a few and none of others for example grass and normal and none of electric which brings me on to my 2nd point. i recommend taking a grass or normal out and maybe adding pichu instead

2nd the gym battle this was hard for me personally having a mixed team of 19s and 20s if i had taken shinx as a starter instead of axew it would have been a walk over, i recommend dropping the levels of his team by 1 bar gyarados.

3rd at the beginning the trainers in route 13 are a bit too strong imo they are all atleast level 7 and if you accidentally bump into a trainer with only 1 or 2 pokemon you are bound to get clobbered. 

overall i liked it there were a few game crashing bugs but what fangame doesn't when its released. cant wait for the next episode

when it come to the likes and dislikes of a game not every1 will agree keep it up.

Edited by sandy

9 minutes ago, sandy said:

now that i'v finished the episode i fell like its time for this so bare with me as this may be long

Thank you very much for your feedback and all the bugs you reported. It will help me improving the game.

4 minutes ago, ego said:

Thank you very much for your feedback and all the bugs you reported. It will help me improving the game.

np i have made a few recommendations for the part i disliked hope it helps

1 minute ago, sandy said:

np i have made a few recommendations for the part i disliked hope it helps

It does. Every feedback helps and is needed. If no noone would tell me things they dislike I wouldn't be able to improve it

i have 1 more thing its both good and bad as it can work both ways, in route 13 the wild Pokemon can range from level 5-10 its good if you trained a bit and can defeat/capture one of them on the other hand if you just started and encounter a lvl 10 early  it hard to bear/capture or even run from my suggestion  would be to make it easier to run form them in the beginning if its even possible or a better idea reduce the encounter rate of higher level pokemon in that route

Edited by sandy

So I've played a little...

I like the battle interface, it's a rather simple design and It's not bad to look at, well done.

Your maps are kinda empty, it's way too much open space in some of them, while others just have random rocks, boulders etc scattered everywhere. Not terrible but can be better.

The starter choices are nice but in my humble opinion there are just way too many. It gets a bit overwhelming first trying to figure out what they are and then trying to decide which one you want. Less is more in some instances.

You're using a lot of default Essentials music which is fine, but It kinda destroys the atmosphere a bit, especially since you have custom music thrown in there with the default music.

The story is pretty cool, but can still be improved upon.

All and all the game isn't bad by any means, but it can still use some work. Best of luck to you if you decide to continue working on this.

57 minutes ago, Enigma Shot U said:

Your maps are kinda empty, it's way too much open space in some of them, while others just have random rocks, boulders etc scattered everywhere. Not terrible but can be better.

The starter choices are nice but in my humble opinion there are just way too many. It gets a bit overwhelming first trying to figure out what they are and then trying to decide which one you want. Less is more in some instances.

You're using a lot of default Essentials music which is fine, but It kinda destroys the atmosphere a bit, especially since you have custom music thrown in there with the default music.

Thank you for your feedback.

As for the starter choice, the whole point is to be able to choose a starter for every type as that determines what kind of admin you will become. However I might think of something to make the choice easier.

On 7/29/2017 at 3:06 AM, ego said:

Thank you for your feedback.

As for the starter choice, the whole point is to be able to choose a starter for every type as that determines what kind of admin you will become. However I might think of something to make the choice easier.

Another thing, you should definitely consider removing that Gen 1 bat as a choice since you can actually catch it in the cave of lost souls. Maybe consider Starly, Rufflet, or even Hoppip as a flying replacement.

1 hour ago, Melodia said:

i feel dumb for asking but I, for the life of me, can't figure out the passcode to on the power. I've spent all morning on this one thing and tried everything. Help

Have you checked out the hints in this thread? They are on page 2

Edited by ego

29 minutes ago, ego said:

Have you checked out the hints in this thread? They are on page 2

I did but no matter how i add or anything nothing works

Edited by Melodia
added qoute

just reread your post take the 2 graves you are meant to take the 4 numbers but you arent meant to add all  4 together

if you need more help pm me or ego

Edited by sandy

Is it just me or is the level curve too steep? I mean, I have been using only 2 Pokemon and I'm already falling behind in levels, rather badly at that. I reached Common Maple Town and got my lunch handed to me in the gym.

Any tips on grinding spots? I have been in Route 11 (to the south of headquarters), but at this point they don't yield all that much Exp.

1 hour ago, Zargerth said:

Is it just me or is the level curve too steep? I mean, I have been using only 2 Pokemon and I'm already falling behind in levels, rather badly at that. I reached Common Maple Town and got my lunch handed to me in the gym.

Any tips on grinding spots? I have been in Route 11 (to the south of headquarters), but at this point they don't yield all that much Exp.

For easy level grinding you can use the guy on the right of the PokeCenter. You can choose between easy training and normal.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, xnikev said:

The game is good so far, but i did run into a bug. as i am on my way to route 11 i talked to the guy who is using the delivery man sprite and am now caught in an infinite loop for his dialogue.

Which npc are you talking about?

26 minutes ago, xnikev said:

this guy  on route 12

I thought so. It's not a bug though as he is supposed to notice you every time you walk right in front of him. Or does the dialog keep going without you having the chance to walk away?

1 hour ago, ego said:

I thought so. It's not a bug though as he is supposed to notice you every time you walk right in front of him. Or does the dialog keep going without you having the chance to walk away?

it keeps going and you cant walk away. he didnt notice me i talked to him first. at least i am pretty sure thats what happened

1 hour ago, xnikev said:

it keeps going and you cant walk away. he didnt notice me i talked to him first. at least i am pretty sure thats what happened

Alright, thanks for reporting. I will have a closer look at this even. A fix will be up with chapter two.