Dark Type Leader Spriting Project #1

Greetings everyone who is either bored or follows my stuff,

I want to start off by saying this: I AM NOT A PROFESSIONAL ARTIST! ...There, I said it. Jokes and ranting aside, I want to aspire to become a spriter such as those with lofty titles which I will not get into b/c we would be here all day/night/morning/eternity so... I am hereby announcing my art project here since I've no motivation for this so this will help me get some and if I rage quit, y'all can spite me. I do have an idea on what the character's name and facial expression is going to look like. My problem is the base. Please note: I am a novice at the art of spriting. Please humor my maniacal deviance at times. The character is the dark type champion of a game I have in the embryonic stages. What base would befit a person with little to no emotion and emanate a dark presence when you see him? Let me know what y'all think in the comments and I'll be happy to give it a try. Thank you in advance and I hope I can do this.

~Aki