PR Mod Menu

ArcsyKay

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/9/2017 at 5:46 PM, Runemance said:

I actually ended up downloading a different weather mod haha! it's called "select weather mod". it works with e17!

Can I ask you where did you managed to find it please? I'm really not good with that kind of stuff

8 hours ago, EmilTejada150 said:

How do I overwrite the original script file?

You don't overwrite it.  In case anything goes wrong, you want to be able to go back to the unmodified version.

Step 1:  Find the original script.  It's called Scripts.rxdata, and it should be saved under Pokemon Reborn\Data\

Step 2:  Rename the original script.  Literally any other name, such as "Scripts1.rxdata," "Scripts original.rxdata," or even "I LOVE AME.rxdata," will be fine, since the game only checks files with the exact names programed in it.  Just make sure the name is something you'll recognize later.

Step 3:  Save the new script as Scripts.rxdata in the same exact folder.  Now the game will read that file instead of the original.

Spoiler

Scripts.rxdata is the altered script I'm currently using, Scripts1.rxdata is the original script for E17, ScriptsW.rxdata is the original E17 Select Weather mod script, and the other five are previous versions of my altered script:

image.png.1f75a9701620b80241a9c008ef41b331.png

If you're switching to the Select Weather mod in particular, there's also a Mods\ folder included in the download.  Do NOT change the name of this folder.  This is where the actual changes are stored.  You'll also need to save that folder (as in the folder itself, not just its contents) in the Data\ folder.  Each mod is a separate file within the Mods\ folder, so you can just delete whichever ones you don't want to use (there's a file Readme.pdf included that explains what each mod file does).

Spoiler

image.png.5bb5f36d99198493a743aea6e06a000d.png

NOTE:  just like you kept the original script as a backup, it's also generally a good idea to make backup copies of all of the mods (especially if you plan on removing some of them).  You can save the backups literally anywhere EXCEPT the Data\ folder, but I would recommend leaving them somewhere nearby that you'll know where they are.

Spoiler

I saved mine in the main game folder so I don't lose them

image.png.725d7cd323ba83b92189944934e956ba.png

After that, you'll all set!  Just boot up the game, and the mods will be ready waiting for you.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey Kisuo, i hope you did well!  Reborn e18 progress is currently at 

• ########## | 100% - USUM Updates
  • ########## | 82% - AI Updates
  • ########## | 100% - Maps
  • ########## | 95% - Eventing
  • ########## | 100% - Story
  • ########## | 90% - Sidequests
  • ########## | 22% - Misc. Updates

Total:

#################### | 84%                                          

so I wonder if you would consider it a better option to save your effort to just mod e18 when its out

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
12 hours ago, dirtlord said:

The debug option doesn't seem to show up when selecting a pokemon now

Fixed it up, check it out and let me know.
Also I changed that single file link to a folder link on MEGA so it will be easier for me to deliver you updates and hotfixes 🙂

7 hours ago, KisuoX said:

Fixed it up, check it out and let me know.
Also I changed that single file link to a folder link on MEGA so it will be easier for me to deliver you updates and hotfixes 🙂

It works but you should also know that changing ether weather option to something other than off while the other is also not off and you're outside throws the following error:

Script 'PokemonOptions' line 555: ArgumentError occurred

wrong number of arguments(2 for 0)

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2019 at 7:49 AM, dirtlord said:

It works but you should also know that changing ether weather option to something other than off while the other is also not off and you're outside throws the following error:

Script 'PokemonOptions' line 555: ArgumentError occurred

wrong number of arguments(2 for 0)

I'm getting the same error when I try to change any of the options, and then the game crashes.

EDIT: The game doesn't crash and the settings seem to apply when I go in a building, but the game slows way down once I exit the menu.

Edited by nudomdom

Hello, everyone. I have a request: could somebody explain to me how exactly SharedPC works and how to use it in game? Like step by step? I'm clueless when it comes to modding and so on 😕

I downloaded the mods, unpacked - there are two files: Scripts 20190707 & Scripts 20190711. What should I do with them? When I put them in the Data folder they don't overwrite the already existing 'Scripts' file.