PR Mod Menu

ArcsyKay

Sorry to be off topic but is there more info about the insurgence level cap mod? I've been trying to implement that in my game but couldn't figure out how to do it. If some one was able to make a mod with it it must be relatively easy? Can some one pm me with a brief explanation or where I can locate the script to do it?

41 minutes ago, MetrololAce said:

Sorry to be off topic but is there more info about the insurgence level cap mod? I've been trying to implement that in my game but couldn't figure out how to do it. If some one was able to make a mod with it it must be relatively easy? Can some one pm me with a brief explanation or where I can locate the script to do it?

I changed the gainexp script so that if the pokemon's level is equal or exceeds the badgelevel then the gainexp var should be set to 1 times the var that tells if the pokemon in party was participating.

if pokemon.level >= badgelevel

gainexp = 1 * isparticipating

end

# isparticipating can be either true or false, so 1 or 0

So in the end it's gonna be 1 or 0.

PS.
About the part I underlined. In this case yes, but then look at the hardcore mod and ask yourself if what you said wasn't an insult. To me it sounded like one.

Edited by KisuoX

21 hours ago, MetrololAce said:

If some one was able to make a mod with it it must be relatively easy?

You know what bothers me with this. You're asking for help yet you're calling what we do easy. While a functional one is easy to implement for a level cap, a well made one is not quite so easy (especially when you have some caps that aren't badge based). Just look up Insurgence's coding and use that one as a base since that one is purely badge based and has the 1 exp thing. There's a very, very good reason why they have Pokemon earning 1 exp when they hit the cap. All I'm going to say since it's "relatively easy" to do. Also using as a base =/= copy and pasting it. It's seeing how something works in order to figure out how to create and meet your own needs. I won't go into it any deeper as KisuoX gave you what you need.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

@KisuoX Just out of curiosity, what exactly can the change the trainer look turn player into. I'm assuming that we're talking about the protag sprites since well I do have a funny story. You see, you can manipulate the sprite that's shown online to look like someone else (like Shelly) which I'm not sure was changed since the beta since I haven't tested it. So if you change the trainer type, it will display that trainer pic to the opponent as long as it exists in the base Reborn (Champion Cynthia won't show up to the opponent for example). I'm assuming the trainerlook is only the protagonist sprites, but I just wanted to give you a heads up in case you did more and/or were considering it.

41 minutes ago, Commander said:

@KisuoX Just out of curiosity, what exactly can the change the trainer look turn player into. I'm assuming that we're talking about the protag sprites since well I do have a funny story. You see, you can manipulate the sprite that's shown online to look like someone else (like Shelly) which I'm not sure was changed since the beta since I haven't tested it. So if you change the trainer type, it will display that trainer pic to the opponent as long as it exists in the base Reborn (Champion Cynthia won't show up to the opponent for example). I'm assuming the trainerlook is only the protagonist sprites, but I just wanted to give you a heads up in case you did more and/or were considering it.

Yea I limited it to the protag sprites. Maybe in the future I will set it to more.

Edit:
Updated the mod menu. SharedPC will now properly activate.

Edited by KisuoX

6 hours ago, MonkeyDYanni said:

so it weirds my game out =/...

black bg in options.JPG

bg missing.JPG

Hmm that's new. Are you using the latest E16.2 ?
Did you apply any graphics mods?
Check if you have the images for the menu in your graphics folder.

18 hours ago, KisuoX said:

Update:

-Fixed frame skipping for npcs

-Added a repel switch mod that allows you turn repel on and off instead of using the item over and over again

Great work!

Edit: @KisuoX It gives away a certain message when connecting to online play:

http://prntscr.com/fsu1b4

I'm not sure why it always gives away a 2 or 3 digit number like this.

Edited by Paul25

2 hours ago, Paul25 said:

Great work!

Edit: @KisuoX It gives away a certain message when connecting to online play:

http://prntscr.com/fsu1b4

I'm not sure why it always gives away a 2 or 3 digit number like this.

Oh yeah that's the number of the move you have that isnt allowed.
I used it to fix up my team cause I had an old save.
I can remove it if you want me to.

8 minutes ago, KisuoX said:

Oh yeah that's the number of the move you have that isnt allowed.
I used it to fix up my team cause I had an old save.
I can remove it if you want me to.

It's alright then! :P 

I thought it was some kind of scripts bug. :o 

Thanks again for the amazing mod!

So I downloaded the latest version and it keeps crashing the game for me. Even re-downloaded Reborn completely and started a new safe file but, alas, to no avail. Whenever I enter the options menu and either try to enable one of the mod options or just leave the options menu it crashes. i attached the crash message.

mod error.png

5 minutes ago, Balsa said:

Thanks again for the amazing mod!

So I downloaded the latest version and it keeps crashing the game for me. Even re-downloaded Reborn completely and started a new safe file but, alas, to no avail. Whenever I enter the options menu and either try to enable one of the mod options or just leave the options menu it crashes. i attached the crash message.

mod error.png

Probably the PokemonSystem class didnt load for you. Either you entered the menu at the start before creating any file or just bad timing.
Anyhow it should be fixed now I uploaded a new file.

25 minutes ago, Balsa said:

Well, that was quick.

Dunno, it crashed on other saves, too (upon starting Reborn). But seems to be working now, thanks!

No problem I just added in an if statement that checks if the class was initialized so it doesnt reference to nothing (nil)

Concerning the FPS mod: I tend to play with the usual 3x speed introduced with ep16 most of the time, especially during battles. Since this FPS mod resets that speed-up every time upon entering a battle that means I have to hit alt again for every battle, which does get annoying in the long run. So, if nothing else, could you allow us to disable the FPS mod completely? If I'm not mistaken there's no value that does that currently.

3 hours ago, Balsa said:

Concerning the FPS mod: I tend to play with the usual 3x speed introduced with ep16 most of the time, especially during battles. Since this FPS mod resets that speed-up every time upon entering a battle that means I have to hit alt again for every battle, which does get annoying in the long run. So, if nothing else, could you allow us to disable the FPS mod completely? If I'm not mistaken there's no value that does that currently.

FPS mod remains same (at least for me) so try to put it in max which is 100.

Also, the FPS mod completely disables in game alt function so I think it's already faster than before.

4 hours ago, Balsa said:

The fps mod sets the battle fps to 40 (as it was by default). It's the setting that gives you a smooth battle.

As a side note the fps was mode to reduce the fps drops in the game. If you wanna speed up the game as a whole to just go and have it done with then use CE.

4 minutes ago, Damien said:

My laptop is too cruddy to save screenshots.

Your laptop is to cruddy to save a file that's less than a 1mb?
Damn....
Well I am not omniscient.
It could be a problem on your side and not the mod menus as far as I'm concerned.
What I'm trying to say is, unless you give me a screenshot of the error or copy paste the error message itself then I can't help you. Sorry.

Edited by KisuoX