Spoilers - Bladestar - Spoilers

Rainlove

Okay this may sounds a little bit ridiculous, but please hear me out. Thanks to some awesome guys who told me the location of help center, I was able to access The Underground. I was talking to some of the people there, and I came to a conclusion that Bladestar is actually good, and not bad. Now I can see that I made a terrible mistake of telling Erin about Flora. Because Erin outed Flora in front of Florin, and the last one was the reason of Flora being arrested. I can see where this is going (Jan you monster lol). I feel like I'll be the reason to ruin everything. I'm way ahead of the game and don't want to go 30 hours backwards just to pick the other option (Not telling Erin)

What did you guys pick? Telling Erin or not?

Edited by Rainlove

hmm? I got the feeling that they were bad after visiting the underground.

Spoiler

They were trying to harm A.n.a after all, and weren't going about it in a positive way. and I do hate to see somebody get hurt.

I was partnered with Flora and did not expose her, but I much prefer the neutral route (teaming up with Erin/Florin and not exposing Flora, but not joining Bladestar either). 

Bladestar isn't that good either though.

With them chasing after Ana, Flora's Dimensional Rift Pokémon, the PULSE machine...

It could be a lesser of two evils thing though--Cassandra is pretty shifty.

If you remember that dude (forgot his name) said that bladestar was good at on point, they wanted to change the community, but they fell off and started doing sketchy stuff that made tem into the horrible people we see them as. Flora is even apart of that change. She started corrupting a forest in order to get Cassandra to allow them to help others outside. It may seem good, but its wrong in all the right reason. Then they(flora) stole rift matter. An unstable component that can change pokemon into monsters, giving them extreme power, but they lose control of themselves. And from the looks of it, Flora has more plans for it given she's combining rift matter with a pulse machine. ( oh gee flora I wonder how that's going to turn out -.-)

Flora is blinded by her own sense of "justice" and she wont sop until Cassandra is removed as mayor.

I went with Erin and exposed about Flora to Erin but did not tell Cassandra anything and I know I was right when I saw her with Madelis. Bladestar is doing its best for GDC but seriously, excess power and thirst for a central position in the city will get them nowhere. Power is the ability to get things done but it consumes the individual if the person runs behind it. This is the problem with Bladestar and Team Xen has almost gone so deep in it that they don't see any light of hope in the world. I prefer to save GDC and Oblitus town in my way. But Bladestar is the lesser of the two evils definitely. I'm getting a feeling Jan is going to have something more in store like another group of people(Angie's cult) in Badlands or Dreamyard or ahead of Route 9.

Angie is the worst of all of them tho..

I sided with Florin and ratted Flora out because fuck her for conscripting you into Bladestar. I don't like being forced to join teams. 

I also didn't tell Cassandra jack shit. I'm hoping for a scenario where both Bladestar and Cassandra weaken each other so the player can swoop in and wipe them both out.

Vote Florin for Mayor.

I went with Erin and exposed Flora. I don't like Bladestar, they have this "the end justifies the means" thing going on. Letting Flora go free so that she can oppose Cassandra comes with her also messing around with Ana and turning her own pokemon into Rift pokemon.

So what if you did rat her out? Does that affect what happens later on in the story? Does this mean the ending of the game (or certain part of the story) will change based on the choice you make? I mean, apparently I exposed Flora because the text was going too fast and I just kept clicking 'a.'

Edited by Helioblaze71

• Global Mods

I went with the neutral route (going with Erin's path and not telling her about Flora) in both V8 and V9. 

In V8 I went with the neutral route because I wanted more information before acting. Flora was heavily biased against the government, and Florin was heavily biased against Bladestar. At the time, neither seemed innocent to me. Bladestar cut off paths to GDC, and Cassandra apparently doesn't want little kids to get free haircuts. 

In V9 I went with the neutral path again after watching Sr. F's playthrough because it seems like it was the best choice. As it appeared in V8, neither group is innocent. Cassandra is a member of Team Xen, and Bladestar was chasing after Ana for her Data Drive, which just seems to contain innocuous memories about when she was created, plus there's the Dimensional Rift/PULSE Ferrothorn. 

If I'm going to side with an organization, I want them to be as innocent as possible. That means

-you have to take care that civilians aren't hurt in the crossfire of your fight

-you have to not harass, kidnap, or attack innocent people because of an item they hold, information they have, etc. 

-if you have to steal something, there had better be a very good reason why you're stealing it. 

So far, Bladestar has failed at all three of those. 

1. If April/Krystal/Alexandra hadn't stopped the train in time...

2. Bladestar was going after Ana for the Data Drive. I guess you could say it was really V, who isn't a member of Bladestar herself, that wanted it, but they're working together

3. Flora stole Rift Matter from the Team Xen HQ, which is both good and bad. It's good because it means Team Xen has less Rift Matter. It's bad because she was using it for the same purpose that Team Xen was. 

If I had to choose the "lesser of two evils", it would be Bladestar, but I want to defeat both of them. Team Xen seems to be a bigger organization with more powerful members than Bladestar. Some of the Bladestar grunts don't even care when they fail ("I get paid by the hour so whatever"), and there don't seem to be any admins besides the leader, Flora. There's V, but as mentioned she's not directly a member, and she probably has her own agenda. Flora also fears the "Xenpurgis". Bladestar is also a local organization focused solely on GDC, while Team Xen is a regional threat. (Madame X herself could even be a threat to the whole world) In the diary in the underground Bladestar lab, Flora said power like a Dimensional Rift's would be needed to take on Cassandra. I'm guessing Cassandra is in a similar boat to Nastasia. Nastasia seems to be stronger than the other admins and have authority over them, like an admin to the admins.

At the moment I don't think having Flora arrested is the best way to defeat Bladestar, since that gives more power to Cassandra. Like DerogatoryTrainer said, I think it's best to let them both weaken each other.

I find it interesting that all this discussion can be generated from Jan giving us choices. I wonder if we'd still have these differing opinions on Bladestar if Jan hadn't given us a choice to side with them or to be neutral.

I actually went the bladestar path and teamed up with Flora and did not rat her out.

Unless I recall incorrectly, when both Erin/I were down at the Bladestar Base in GDC, she was talking about how we'll play along until we can take Bladestar down later on. They're a useful force against Cassandra/Xen, but as soon as they've done their part I HOPE, I'll have an opportunity to take them down... if not uh. I guess I'll choose the route with the best outcome eventually.

Not every choice that looks bad is the wrong choice. I'm hoping this is one of those times, since the main reason I chose this path is because Flora said i'd regret turning her in when I did. Either way, I currently do not regret my choice.