[IC] Trespassers of the Multiverse: V^3 Mini; The Canyon.

Hal Henderics

You all awaken on the cold hard ground, spotting each other, you find that yourself and 3 others are also in this strange place.

To either side of you, a massive Canyon Wall stretches up high above, numerous small footholds dot it, dangerous to those not fully in tune with such a trial.  Looking up, you see the sky is full of silver clouds and golden sunlight streaming down.  It is very cloudy, but also very bright, resulting in an odd atmosphere.

In the middle of the Canyon, you see a massive gap separating either side of it, barely wide enough to jump, in the case of those with supernatural jumping ability. It seems to go down far enough that you would have a hard time getting either down to the bottom, or up, if you found yourself down there.

Behind you, the gap splitting the middle canyon path in two widens, effectively preventing you from going further back. Ahead of you, the two paths made by the split canyon stretch forward.

Scattered around above you are occasional platforms, they seem to float impossibly, and are made of what appears to be thin metal with dull green plastic inserts.  They simply sit there, immune to the forces of gravity.  They are roughly 8 Meters wide, and maybe 5 meters long.  They sit in places roughly close to the cliff walls, though still high above what any normal person could reach.

Before arriving to this place, you seem to remember barely being offered the chance for greatness, or was it a plea for help? It was not in words, and barely discernible, but you seem to have agreed, all things considered.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With a sigh Keith grabs Soundtrack and gets up looking around. After a bit of looking and not noticing anything that would tip him off to immediate danger he smiles and takes a breath.

"Holy shit! It wasn't lying! Aw man, I wish I could tell the boys back home about this... Asusming they survived the breach... which is unlikely... Anyways!"

Keith grins as he turns around to look at the other three, much too happy with awakening in a massive canyon accompanied by two random strangers and a... pokemon? What the... wait, nevermind, not the weirdest thing he's seen in a month.

Aelius slowly stood, grabbed his spear, and stretched some.  Then he inspected the area and those around him, he was unsure what to make of the strange silver creature, but the two men seem friendly enough in that they had yet to attack him.

At first he thought he'd been contacted by one of the Great Dragons, but as he looked around at the otherworldly characters that scenario seemed less and less likely.

"I take it you were contacted by the same entity then?  How interesting that something like this could even happen."

He started walking down the path some to inspect the floating platforms, going so far as to poke them with his spear to see if they react.

Edited by StormLord

"More like trouble. Shady organisations and or benefactors never have your best interest at heart... Works for me though as long as they aren't gonna make me do something against my few morals."

He laughs to himself as he rests his rifle on his shoulder. After he calms down he smiles and speaks.

"Yeah, I killed the last guy to do that. Which is what got me into this in a way. Anyways, any idea where we are?"

Just great, stuck in a canyon with 2 random people and an iron rabbit thing. I should probably keep my guard up, just in case one of these guys gets any funny ideas or twitchy fingers.

"Well, if you couldn't tell we're in a canyon. Though it doesn't take a genius to figure that out. Other then that, no idea."   Azurian crossed his arms.  "I don't know about you guys but sitting around and hoping something will happen ain't really my style. I'm gonna try to find a way out of here, and unless you think you can scale up the side of the wall to the top I suggest you get moving too."   He said before getting up and walking down the only direction available that doesn't have a wall or a pit blocking it.

Cobalt blinks, and shakes himself, producing a hideous screech of rock on steel, before climbing to his stubby legs with a faint clanking sound.  He carefully examines each other person in the canyon's belts, and seems disappointed by what he sees or doesn't see there.  However, he quickly rallies, and looks up at Keith.  "Aron." He informs the guy seriously.

Going down the canyon path, they would eventually find it's end, the ground seems to be much more lively, grasses dotting the tops of the canyon, and trees can be seen poking over.  Massive Boulders of stone have filled the entire canyon in an ascendant pile, and at the top, some sort of warship is crashed in it, giant black bat wings strech from both of it's shoulders like sails, and it's helm is decorated with what looks like a metal mask, a large 'V' carved into it.

It seems one could ascend by climbing the falling boulders. Though considering it came from a rockslide, it might be prudent to exercise caution somehow.  There are surely ways to ensure your safety, going up.

The warship seems to have gouges in it's bottom from crashing, perfect for going right inside from the top of the boulder pile.

Another option seems to have been presented, gouges further near the back of the warship exit at the top of the cliff, you could probably exit this pit by going out one, provided you go inside.

The cliff in general seems more able to be scaled in general here, someone with a clever plan might see the value in skipping the entire path presented in favor of trying to climb the cliff manually.

Massive Cracks in the rock also provide several paths into the Cliff Face, though whether or not anything is in them seems to be up for debate.

The largest Crack seems to be on the other side of the path, across the gap, or around and over the pile.

Visual Representation (MS-Paint-o-vision)

Spoiler

4UwlE7R.png

Edited by Hal Henderics

"... You know, there's something about this that screams "something in there is going to try to kill us." and I can't help but think it's right..."

Looking over their options, Keith decides to just climb the canyon wall rather that mess with the ship.

Azurian lets an impressed whistle.  "Look at this ship, think about what goodies it could have stored inside. I'm heading inside, maybe that voice can follow up on his part pf the deal." He takes the rope he has clipped to his side and tries to lasso it around one of the rocks near the top of pile. If does tug down to tighten it's grip and check to see if the rock is stable enough.

Throw the rope to Lasso onto the top of the pile, If it manages to get up there pull down hard to check and see if the rock is stable and tighten the ropes grip. 

(Skill+Strength) (4d6 = 1, 5, 5, 4, (3 Hits.) (3 needed)

Keith is able to ascend the cliff face, after a few false starts he is Climbing the canyon walls to their summit.

A grassy plain extends in all directions around the canyon.  Smoke can be seen wafting up in the distance.

(Skill) (3d6= 6!, 2, 1, 4, (2 Hits.)) (2 needed)

Azurian's Rope just barely manages to reach the stone, snapping taut around it.

(2d20 = 3, 3) The rocks don't feel stable, but they don't feel like they are about to fall either, when he pulls on the rope.

Edited by Hal Henderics

Keith is about to head off but stops and looks down into the canyon. With a sigh he sets up to provide what overwatch duty he can, switching Soundtrack off safety. Soon music is playing from Keith's position as he lays prone and watching the ship's cracks.

"Eh, good enough." Azurian mumbles to himself before he starts climbing up the rocky pile, using his rope to help him of course. He made sure to on step on the most stable of rocks. Don't want to go falling into an abyss with a pile of rocks, that'd be one of the worst and dumbest ways to go.

Climb up the pile of rocks with the help of the rope

Aelius simply stands there next to the silver creature watching the two men scramble up the cliff face and mound of stone half waiting for one of them to fall and half trying to figure his own path out.

He looked down at the silver creature "Any ideas?" He said not really expecting much of an answer.

(Skill+Strength+Conditional) (5d6 = 3, 3, 3, 1, 6!, 6!, 1 = (2 Hits)) (Minimum 1 hit)

It is incredibly unstable, and Azurian nearly falls several times, however, he gets his grip and his bearings, and from there is Climbing like a Champ.  He makes it to the top of the Pile of Rocks.

"Aron," Cobalt says, drooling a little as he looks at the spaceship.  Imagine what space metal would taste like!  He starts looking for a way to reach it that doesn't require climbing or acrobatics, neither of which he's well-suited for.

(Skill+Strength+Condition) (6d6 = 4, 2, 6!, 1, 6!, 2, 1, 1, (3 Hits)) (1 Hit Needed)

Cobalt easily leaps from rock to rock, making their way to the top.

(2, 19) Taking a sniff, Cobalt discovers those walls aren't even metal! It just looks like it. No substance or strength to be found here. There are some supports in the shredded wall that are made of aluminum, but even that...

(???) (???) (???) Keith scans around, aside from the plumes of smoke rising in the distance, he also spots something move inside the fallen ship through one of the cracks near him.  Something purple.

Edited by Hal Henderics

Once on top of the rocks Azurian unties his rope from the rock, wraps it up, and clips it back onto his belt. I mean the other guy might've wanted to use it but eh, who really cares? After which he heads into the ship through one of the cracks. Time for some looting of the wreckage!

Entering the Ship, Azurian finds themselves in a well lit hall, tilted just barely askew.

Doors line both sides of the hall.

The doors appear to be made of some durable metal.  Red Lights above the doors indicate that they are in fact locked.

One door is completely destroyed, allowing entry to someone small, resistant to sharp scrap metal, or flexible.

Another door is Green, indicating that it is unlocked.

There is a Vent near the floor, blocked by a grate.

--

Cobalt's Metal Slash cleaves through the material-

--

Keith's shot punches a hole in the material-

--

The ship begins to rumble, tiny minuscule purple bugs are beginning to amble out of holes in the ship, they glow with purple light, and smoke ominously.

--

Several hundred of them begin to coalesce, forming into a strange humanoid where Keith saw the movement previously.  More noises like the one that spawned it seem to be coming from inside the crack in the hull.

--

Cobalt sees some purple stuff coming out of the spot they clawed open, like tiny bugs.

--

Azurian feels the ship rumble.