Pokemon Reborn: Sandbox Mode

I just looked over all my npcs, and none of them are selling the ability capsule... Which is weird because I coulda swore I put it in! Well, it'll be in the next release. Unless there's any more critical bugs, I'm not making any more quick patches.

3 hours ago, DerxwnaKapsyla said:

I just looked over all my npcs, and none of them are selling the ability capsule... Which is weird because I coulda swore I put it in! Well, it'll be in the next release. Unless there's any more critical bugs, I'm not making any more quick patches.

Actually you should double check, I was just looking through all the wares of each salesperson and found the ability capsules being sold by the medicine guy. They can be bought in the Vitamins and wings section.

I got the gracidea and checked that shaymin was not frozen and that it wasn't nighttime, but the game tells me that the gracidea cannot be used here. Is this a bug? 

Also, will a move tutor for secret sword be available sometime in the future?

20 hours ago, pokemastercj1 said:

Actually you should double check, I was just looking through all the wares of each salesperson and found the ability capsules being sold by the medicine guy. They can be bought in the Vitamins and wings section.

I knew I wasn't going crazy @_@ Alright, thanks for pointing it out!

7 hours ago, ninjastatus said:

I got the gracidea and checked that shaymin was not frozen and that it wasn't nighttime, but the game tells me that the gracidea cannot be used here. Is this a bug? 

Also, will a move tutor for secret sword be available sometime in the future?

The Gracidea working is outside my domain. That's probably something to take up with the actual dev team.

As for a Secret Sword tutor, maybe. I'll put it on the list of things to look into!

That might be outside my department entirely, since that's before you can even touch the Sandbox stuff. Just to be sure, though; check with other starter Pokemon. If that doesn't cause the bug, redownload and reapply the two quick patches in the proper order.

I would also like to take this moment to say that from now until February 4th, at the earliest, I will not be reachable; I am going on an out-of-state trip and will not have access to Sandbox Mode in the off chance that something happens. When I return, I will be looking into potentially making Sandbox Mode compatible with other mods if need be, such as Following Pokemon. Keep an eye out, folks!

I finished to try all the features (except the daycare) and i confirm that this mod is awesome, but i'm surprised of some things that slowed my building process:

• Infinite Money Generator: most of the things that i had to buy was the rare candies, so 3k money force you to spam the button for a some minute. Raising the gift to 10k/20k will speed up the process
  • Pokemon Therapist: an option that will allow you to directly choose the nature would be awesome
  • EV Trainers: awesome job but there's not a person that restore the PP used, so i had to come back to the hall or put in and out the pokemon from the box 
  • Move Tutors and Relearner: not sure about this, but maybe moving all the tutor NPCs into a single one could be useful for the people that don't remember the location of a single one 

Aside these little things the mod was super helpful.

Good job!!!

So, I'm not home yet, but I figured I'd check in and see if anything happened while I was away. Fortunately, nothing seems to have broken while I was gone! Lets address a few things then:

On 1/20/2018 at 5:17 AM, David0895 said:

I finished to try all the features (except the daycare) and i confirm that this mod is awesome, but i'm surprised of some things that slowed my building process:

• Infinite Money Generator: most of the things that i had to buy was the rare candies, so 3k money force you to spam the button for a some minute. Raising the gift to 10k/20k will speed up the process
  • Pokemon Therapist: an option that will allow you to directly choose the nature would be awesome
  • EV Trainers: awesome job but there's not a person that restore the PP used, so i had to come back to the hall or put in and out the pokemon from the box 
  • Move Tutors and Relearner: not sure about this, but maybe moving all the tutor NPCs into a single one could be useful for the people that don't remember the location of a single one 

Aside these little things the mod was super helpful.

Good job!!!

So, I can definitely bump the money up to 15k a pop. Not a big deal, simple change.

There will be two therapists, one who works like the 7th Street therapist, and one who lets you manually select. I know now how I can make the manual selection work, so that will be in Release 4, alongside a few other things.

I can make it so that after you fight the EV Trainers, your party's health will be restored, which should restore PP as well. Thanks for pointing it out!

As for the tutors... Doable, but way too much effort and work. The code would be a disaster for me to work with and I have no desire to try and fiddle with several npcs to make it work, sorry to say. I might make some sort of aid to go along with Release 4 that properly documents everything in Sandbox Zone, so people can easily find what they're looking for without needing to do trial and error.

On 1/18/2018 at 9:33 AM, Karna said:

Can i continue my save file from the original game?

Sandbox Saves and Normal Saves are stored in different folders. They will not impact one another at all. You can port your saves to the relevant build by moving it from the folder it's in.

------------------------------

Well, that should be all for now! I'll be home in about a week and a half, and when I do I'll plan out what needs to be done for Version 4. I'll also look into making a Sandbox Mod for specific mods, with the developers permissions. Until then, see you all around!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2018 at 7:22 PM, bloo123 said:

don't know if this has been mentioned already but legendary pokemon specific move tutors would be nice like vcreate secret sword relic song zygarde etc. loving the mod though keep up the good work!

I will look into that for the next build!

On 1/28/2018 at 5:25 AM, zewolfstone said:

Hello, thanks for this great mod !

I don't know if it's a big deal, but could you also had the HMs  ? Some of these are pretty useful in battle too !

HMs might break story progression a bit, but I'll ask around... I can't make any big promises though.

Anyway, I'm back from my trip! I'm pretty sick, but I found some time to start working on the guide for the Sandbox Zone! It's reminiscent of strategy guides that would display the map and number things like trainers, items, and warps. However, this is entirely designed in Google Sheets (And I will look into making an Excel variant for offline use after all is said and done.). Have a small preview of what it'll look like!

4mrVpb6.png

General NPCs and Warps will be simple like this. Trainers will list what Pokemon they use, and if they have a special function. Vendors will list each item they sell, as well as the price they sell it at, and if it's a One-Time purchase item.

Some people might think this is unnecessary but... I mean hell, strategy guides exist for a lot of things. When thought of like that, this isn't really that strange, especially with all the questions about where things are that I get! ...Not to mention that I also tend to forget where things are. Either way, this'll help out a lot I'm sure.

I'll be working more on Version 4 alongside this at some point, so stick around for that!

So I've applied quick patches 1 and 2, but the guy still spits me out in the cave on Route 2. Do I have to restart the game from scratch, are the patches bad, or is there just flat out something wrong on my end?

(attached my game data just in case)

EDIT: yep, had to restart the game. It's all good now, though. Looks great!

Hi! First of all, I would like to say as many others did: This mode is great! It is so refreshing that I can implement custom nuzlocke rules into this, and start out with a custom team. Just a small question- Does this offer the fusion of necrozma and solgaleo/Lunala? I didn't see it, so I assume not but I'm just wondering. Also, have you thought about adding slogalium z/ Lunalium z crystals? Thanks for taking the time out of your life to read this!

Edit: Also, Have you thought about Pokerus? :) 

Edited by SDesertKicks