Pokemon Reborn: Sandbox Mode

2 hours ago, Joey-Boy85 said:

So question.
after a point in the game you can no longer get back to reborn city, which means you can't get back to the grand hall till towards the end of whats currently in the game. is there another way to access the special room other than in the grand hall? or will it not be accessible one you leave reborn?

The only way to access 'Grand hall?' is by passing through the 'grand hall' [No other way, as of now]

In fact, It won't be accessible If you leave reborn city..

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, EdgarHasFreed said:

Hey so I was wanting to download this to do a custom run on, but I can't seem figure out how to get it to work? can some one link me directions or tell me how to do it?  

Download the sandbox mod, First of all ;) 

Secondly, Copy the original save file from saved games folder to sandbox saved games folder (If needed, You can make a folder in the saved games directory named Pokemon Reborn_Sandbox Mode)

Note: In case, you want to continue an old run

Thirdly, Open the sandbox mode and go to the Grand hall while talking to a NPC situated in the Top-left to gain access to the hidden grand hall!

On 8/5/2017 at 9:43 PM, Paul25 said:

Download the sandbox mod, First of all ;) 

Secondly, Copy the original save file from saved games folder to sandbox saved games folder (If needed, You can make a folder in the saved games directory named Pokemon Reborn_Sandbox Mode)

Note: In case, you want to continue an old run

Thirdly, Open the sandbox mode and go to the Grand hall while talking to a NPC situated in the Top-left to gain access to the hidden grand hall!

Thanks a lot!

The IVs, Natures, and EV training alone are really nice. I feel that the IV mechanic should have disappeared at Gen 2.

On 7/25/2017 at 1:15 AM, Joey-Boy85 said:

after a point in the game you can no longer get back to reborn city, which means you can't get back to the grand hall till towards the end of whats currently in the game. is there another way to access the special room other than in the grand hall? or will it not be accessible one you leave reborn?

Has this been added to the update yet? No rush, just want to know.
(also, will flying to the Grand Hall when I shouldn't have the Fly HM yet break anything/start something that shouldn't be started/start a battle I can't beat with my current level? AFAIK, it will fly me into the New Reborn, but will that break anything if, when Reborn City is inaccessible, I fly to the Grand Hall, enter, use the "Grand Hall?", exit, exit, and fly out?)

1 hour ago, icedsdcard said:

The IVs, Natures, and EV training alone are really nice. I feel that the IV mechanic should have disappeared at Gen 2.

Has this been added to the update yet? No rush, just want to know.
(also, will flying to the Grand Hall when I shouldn't have the Fly HM yet break anything/start something that shouldn't be started/start a battle I can't beat with my current level? AFAIK, it will fly me into the New Reborn, but will that break anything if, when Reborn City is inaccessible, I fly to the Grand Hall, enter, use the "Grand Hall?", exit, exit, and fly out?)

I don't think there is a way for you to fly cause the last peice you need to do it is the badge unless you know a way arround it.

9 hours ago, St0mpa said:

I don't think there is a way for you to fly cause the last peice you need to do it is the badge unless you know a way arround it.

I see, is there yet any way to access the Sandbox Mode stuff during that portion of the game, or is that cut off? I'm not there yet, but it sounds like it's a long while that it won't be accessible.

If not, I could still use VM self-trading(with the save moved back and forth from the normal game and sandbox mode, because online is disabled in sandbox).

In the next version of Sandbox Mode, whenever I get around to it, there'll be a way to access the Sandbox Zone after the lockout.

So, I decided to draft up everything that I need to look into for Version 3 of Sandbox! This is the list I'm looking at so far:

Js4Czj0.png

I can't guarantee all of these (Namely, I can't guarantee an Egg Move Tutor), but most of these should be in Version 3 on release. If anyone sees anything missing here, please feel free to point them out!

Edited by DerxwnaKapsyla

On 11/08/2017 at 11:42 AM, DerxwnaKapsyla said:

In the next version of Sandbox Mode, whenever I get around to it, there'll be a way to access the Sandbox Zone after the lockout.

So, I decided to draft up everything that I need to look into for Version 3 of Sandbox! This is the list I'm looking at so far:

Js4Czj0.png

I can't guarantee all of these (Namely, I can't guarantee an Egg Move Tutor), but most of these should be in Version 3 on release. If anyone sees anything missing here, please feel free to point them out!

I am pretty sure you are also missing the odd keystone

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Seel The Deal said:

As far as I can tell, the Life Orb item is missing too. Triple-checked all the first floor shops for it and found nothing.

Its in the passive hold items I think.

Edit: Yeh the lady next to the day care guy. Under the passive items tab about half way down.

Edited by St0mpa

On 8/30/2017 at 0:38 PM, St0mpa said:

Its in the passive hold items I think.

Edit: Yeh the lady next to the day care guy. Under the passive items tab about half way down.

Weird, because I know it wasn't there. Maybe I should just re-download (though I'm not doing much in Reborn rn so I might wait for the E17 update and the respective Sandbox update to drop).

On 9/2/2017 at 7:01 PM, captainjusitice said:

I'm having a hard time figuring out how to use this mod. I downloaded the mod, which was a file called Pokemon Reborn - Sandbox Mode, which is a 7Z file. I put the file into my reborn directory. Does anyone have any advice?

So from what I gathered, you are on Mac? regardless you need to download an application what will run 7Z files, and allow you to use them. I googled "How to use 7Z files on Mac" and that eventually lead me to a application called "The Unarchiver" put your file in there and then do all the steps as normal and you should have no issues. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

this is really great, thanks!

I think it could definitely use an egg move tutor though.  otherwise, the only way to get shinies with egg moves is by hatching eggs until you get a shiny.  I'm not entirely sure how difficult this would be to implement (I see the question mark next to it in your to-do list), but it would be a really nice feature

also, kind of useful but not really necessary, possibly a friendship modifier/maximizer or an unlimited-use groomer?  or even just having Blue Moon Ice Cream always show up in the vending machine, really.  I know the friendship berries are already there, but it's just a thought

EDIT:   I found the Blue Moon Ice Cream.  I don't really get why the vending machine is there at all though, considering the consumables guy is way cheaper and has more selection ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On 10/8/2017 at 10:58 AM, Heartless said:

Okay, most likely a dumb question, but what do you do with the file after you download it?

copy your save file and paste it into the folder for Sandbox Mode, then just open Sandbox and everything should be good to go

Edited by BushyTheBushSpirit

2 hours ago, BushyTheBushSpirit said:

also, kind of useful but not really necessary, possibly a friendship modifier/maximizer or an unlimited-use groomer?  or even just having Blue Moon Ice Cream always show up in the vending machine, really.  I know the friendship berries are already there, but it's just a thought

Candy vendor in the "Grand Hall?" always has Blue Moon Ice Cream.

• 2 weeks later...