Pokemon Reborn: Sandbox Mode

Hey, great mod

I'm having trouble changing Shaymin into the Sky form with the Gracidea, can you give some help in how to do so? Thanks!

Also, it seems like Hoopa-U can't learn any moves from the move tutors despite being compatable

Edited by lir4yl

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2018 at 12:31 AM, Shutter said:

Hey...

Good Mod !

But It Needs Updates !

Like A NPC that Will Convert Your PKMN To A Shiny

And Alolan Forms In The List Of Pokemon !!!

That's All Thank You And Have A Nice Day !!!

Obtaining Alolan Variants will be a thing in the next build, I haven't started working on that yet. An NPC that converts an existing Pokemon to a Shiny is a bit outside my capabilities at the moment, but I might look into it.

On 7/17/2018 at 2:18 AM, Shutter said:

Hey.....

Another Here...

This Is The Error Every Time I Start Up The Game !

---------------------------
Pokemon Reborn: Sandbox Mode
Script 'Scene_Intro' line 78: NameError occurred.

uninitialized constant IntroEventScene::PBSpecies
OK   

OK....

Unfortunately, I have no idea what this error is. It's the first time I've heard of it.

On 7/17/2018 at 11:10 AM, gryson said:

is there a way to get instant eggs, like the instant hatch ball

I could look into it, but I can't guarantee it'll be doable.

On 7/19/2018 at 1:21 PM, StarryDreamerKitten said:

@DerxwnaKapsyla move relearner didn't show up, talked with everyone in there, was he or she implemented this time?

Move Relearner should be in the same room as the Day Care Lady, at the table with three other NPCs, top right corner of the table. If that NPC is not there, then your version of Sandbox Mode is not updated to the current build. Make sure you have the current version and the Quick Patches relevant to that version.

On 7/20/2018 at 9:49 AM, lir4yl said:

Hey, great mod

I'm having trouble changing Shaymin into the Sky form with the Gracidea, can you give some help in how to do so? Thanks!

Also, it seems like Hoopa-U can't learn any moves from the move tutors despite being compatable

I have no idea how the Garcidea works, I just made it obtainable.  As for Hoopa-U, it's possible that's because it doesn't have Tutor moves defined yet, which isn't something I didn't account for, but likely wasn't present in the base game. I'll check into it and see if it's like that in unmodified Reborn at some point.

8 hours ago, Zander said:

Does downloading this automatically download a new episode? Or does this have to be implemented with the game files in some way?

Nope. Just download and play, just like how you play other games. Apply the patches too, if any.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Umberson said:

Uh hey I just recently tried to apply my save to this sandbox but every time I talk to the NPC that supposedly takes you to the sandbox it gives me an error and closes my game. Would there be a way for me to do this without getting this error?

Error.PNG

Probably because you are trying to play episode 18 on it. Sandbox is only compatible with episode 17 as of now and developer needs to implement new changes in the mode to get episode 18.

It's just a guess but if you download or already have episode 17, and you save the game in episode 17, then maybe you could access it. 

Or you must be having a bunch of other saves as well. You'll lose progress but using a previous save of episode 17 for sandbox might work.

I don't know if this thing goes under spoiler at the moment, I do it for safety,
Spoiler

so the public release is theoretically around the corner, some indication on the waiting time or the amount of work needed to see E18 on Sandbox?

Greetings Modders (if this needs to be spoiler shielded or something please let me know, it's been a while since i've been on the forum.) 

I have 2 questions about this mod. But to preface this, in episode 17, i have gotten this sandbox mod, the follower pokemon mod, AND the modular mod pack to work together all on a single save file. and i am on a mac, so i packaged all of this into a wineskin and it still runs smoothly (with the occasional crash, but thats to be expected). 

1. What is the main source of the mod file in this mod? is it an edited main data? iirc i thought it was just a few new map files that allowed for access to this new area?

2. When might the episode 18 version be coming out? b/c i have made significant progress on my "modded" file, so far that going back to my untouched "pure" file would be days of work undone, so i wish to start episode 18 with all my mods in place, as i don't think my triple modded file of reborn would run in just a vanilla game. 

On 8/3/2018 at 11:31 PM, HakuryuYukio said:

Is there a way to change the difficulty ? Would love to play this Mod on Hard Mode.

Considering the only difficulty mode is still in the works, there's not even a difficulty mode to do this. But no it won't be compatible with that...technically.

On 8/13/2018 at 5:34 AM, Blackbeared said:

How compatible is this with the SWM Modular Modpack. I don't intend to use this at this point as I'm currently playing through it again, but once I'm done with it I might play around with this if it's all compatible 😄 .

If this mod gets updated to E18 then it will be compatible so long as the user does not disable it. Reborn implemented the scripts into the base game making anything that uses those scripts cpmpatible.

On 8/21/2018 at 11:26 AM, Dream said:
I don't know if this thing goes under spoiler at the moment, I do it for safety,
  Hide contents

so the public release is theoretically around the corner, some indication on the waiting time or the amount of work needed to see E18 on Sandbox?

We saw the user mention he's still working on it but I wouldn't expect an instant release. We have seen what that's done and the mess it made with mods causing errors.

21 hours ago, KingRyan said:

Greetings Modders (if this needs to be spoiler shielded or something please let me know, it's been a while since i've been on the forum.) 

I have 2 questions about this mod. But to preface this, in episode 17, i have gotten this sandbox mod, the follower pokemon mod, AND the modular mod pack to work together all on a single save file. and i am on a mac, so i packaged all of this into a wineskin and it still runs smoothly (with the occasional crash, but thats to be expected). 

1. What is the main source of the mod file in this mod? is it an edited main data? iirc i thought it was just a few new map files that allowed for access to this new area?

2. When might the episode 18 version be coming out? b/c i have made significant progress on my "modded" file, so far that going back to my untouched "pure" file would be days of work undone, so i wish to start episode 18 with all my mods in place, as i don't think my triple modded file of reborn would run in just a vanilla game. 

1. First I don't know but likely just map files. They did touch the PBS file so you would have to download the whole game regardless due to that.

2. I don't know but from experience things can be months before a release. Please be patient until then.

As for the whole mod business, it's a mess trying to explain it but you can jump a save from a mod back into the vanilla version usually with no errors but sometimes things happen. You would need to disable the follower Pokemon mod in that version though.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I'll get around to the E18 build at some point soon; things have been biting me in the rear again and I haven't been feeling like being any more productive than it takes to get out of bed each morning and faff about online. I just need to look over what all has changed so I can start porting and tweaking.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2018 at 2:45 AM, AbsoluteTempest said:

Hi, I am using this mod (which i really love btw!!) to run a themed team and I was going to use the Specific Nature Selector, but once I chose a Pokemon and went through the dialogue, it crashed and gave me this error image.png.799f252b4054f18668e5e78a75f2fdca.png

Hey @AbsoluteTempest you fixed the error? I might be late. Did you download and paste the script file of any of those mods such as egg breed moves in tutors or those mods which allow you to change weather and time and show the type of pokemon while in battle? You can fix this error easily by just using the old script file and paste it whenever you want to use the Nature Selector and when you are done you can replace that script file from the mod file. 

On 9/3/2018 at 2:55 AM, Obelisk said:

2 questions. 1 is this an entirely separate game? and 2 will the shared boxes mod work between the 2 games? So could I get a perfect iv snorunt or something and put it in the shared box and it would go on my original run of reborn?

it's seperate shared Pc would allow you to transfer what's in the sandbox save file with that being said so long as you don't save in the basement you can drag and drop files swapping them between original and Sandbox therefor the mod would be kinda useless to you as is

9 hours ago, Starry Knight said:

it's seperate shared Pc would allow you to transfer what's in the sandbox save file with that being said so long as you don't save in the basement you can drag and drop files swapping them between original and Sandbox therefor the mod would be kinda useless to you as is

I figured it out. Thanks though 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Just been checking out your mod, and wow have you put a lot of work into this 🙂 it's excellent. I ended up only using your helpful guide when looking for very specific things, because it was pretty fun just to wander about and explore,. especially while waiting on eggs.

Quick question and a couple of suggestions:

- does the pokemon generator create female pokemon? I have only seen male ones so far and I was wondering whether it was by design or if the RNG gods just hate me. Do you think it'd be possible to choose the gender when generating new pokemon? [since posting I have seen the generator produce a female pokemon, it's just RNG not lining up for me]

- I saw earlier in the thread that people have been requesting a search function for the generator, and your reasonable response that it is too complex to do. How about just dividing them up into categories, like either starting letter, type or region, and having a subdividing menu before the list(s)? That way each list section would be much shorter so there would be less scrolling to do. I mean something similar to how the TM list is split into groups of 50 over 2 pages, but with more pages.

- do you think it would be possible to have a way to automate the egg laying part? Either by increasing the step counter by 256 (unsure how feasible that is) or having an automated circuit around the room, like when your character follows NPCs in game (unsure if that would add to the counter)? If not, don't worry, you've still massively sped up the process with the incubator.

Edited by FeatheredFeline
Forgot something; new info