[Trespassers IC] A Necessary Pit-stop: Fast Food Done Eldrich

Hal Henderics

Suddenly, those in the castle would hear the telltale signs of it parking, gears grinding to a halt, and strange warping noises occurring in various places.  It seems either someone in the cockpit, or something in the ship itself has caused this pit stop.  Maybe the trip was long enough to require a recharge? In any case, the Castle is completely stopped now, and still.

[Everyone hears a faint music playing. It is a bit unnerving, honestly.]

Those who walk outside would find the castle parked in what seems to be an underground parking lot, to either side of the castle, equally odd vehicles seem to be parked, including a writhing rainbow colored mass of glowing paint, and a giant white rave, whose size easily dwarfs the castle.

Other than that, the place seems rather empty.  A sign on the wall proudly proclaims something called the "Bigger Fish Fry", now available for 130 $҉

The music seems to be coming from the upper floor, which is accessible through a door proudly resting at the top of one of several stairwells.

Off in a corner of the current area, some dusty machine sits unused.  It has a large hopper, and has a sign calling it a Voucher Generator.

The Smell of food wafts from somewhere.

• Upvote 1

Liliya

They had stopped. Were they at their destination? With slightly shaking hands--the utter absurdity of her situation had dawned on her again when she woke up--she had pushed her way out into a huge parking lot. The fact that this castle could easily fit in alongside far larger vehicles was a testament to the magnitude of this place. Only after taking a few steps out of the castle did Liliya recognize the recklessness of her action. Even though it was quite obvious that she could breath, she experienced a moment of instinctual panic, coupled with a slight hitch in her breathing. "No reason not to explore a little." She set of at a measured pace towards the machine labeled a "Voucher Generator". It was a reasonable first destination, and the smell of food, surprisingly familiar, indicated that maybe they were food vouchers. When she arrived, she inspected the machine from all directions, looking for indication of its function and methods of proper use.

The stuff on it that may have once been instructions have long worn away, there is a Hopper at roughly body height, and a hand crank on the side, it looks a bit rusty, but upon inspection, spins just fine, causing a grinding sound to be emitted from the machine.

Michael Mot

To an outside observer it would seem that a man dressed up as a particularly fashionable biker was staring at the "Voucher Generator" behind his face covering motorcycle helmet, seemingly trying to get the damn thing to start and grant him his Vouchers with sheer force of will.

His motorcycle was pretty noticeable as well, I mean it was a large white motorcycle with rainbow stripes and a suspiciously expressive headlight. It moved about behind the biker on it's own, as if waiting for the man to finally get up and do something, anything.

After a while it lets out a loud beeping noise, which causes the man to fall face first onto the ground, it appears that the man had been asleep the whole time.

Samantha has left the castle as it stopped, being curious about the destination.  When she sees the motorcycle guy fall, she rushes to see if there's anything she can do to help.  She doesn't have any healing powers, but she did take a Red Cross first aid course to get a babysitting licence a few years ago.  If he's as hurt as he looks like he might be, that could help.  She does bottle up the Phoenix Force as tightly as she can before she heads out, though, leaving herself looking as normal as someone with an X-Men superheroine's figure gets.  No sense advertising to the Kree and Shi'ar where they can find a Phoenix host to bombard from orbit if any happen to be around.  "Oh, jeez!  Are you okay, mister?"

Liliya

Liliya hadn't payed the man much attention as he fell. Probably isn't even human. How could she know what his habits were, or what actions of his--she didn't realize that she was assuming he for a possible alien to which that pronoun might not in any way be applicable--might signal a lack of personal wellbeing. With a careful movement, Liliya reached out towards the hand crank. To another, it might seem like she was waiting for something to stop her. Something which never came. Once she had assured herself of the safety of the endeavor, she turned the crank a few times to see what would happen, peering into the hopper to see whether anything was ejected.

Michael Mot

The man seemed to react to Samantha's voice, or at least you think he was reacting to her voice. It's not very clear why the man's first action after standing up was to kick the tires of the motorcycle, but after a while he looked at the two women who to him appeared to have suddenly popped into existence in the few moments he had nodded off to sleep.

He examined the casually dressed model that had asked him if he was fine for a moment, and he shook his helmeted face a few times.

Edited by Cronos5010
It's da squig

Liliya

"Oh? Weird." The instructions seemed to have long since been scratched away. Liliya glanced around, looking to see if there was anything around the parking lot. Parking garages are not usually the cleanest. She though perhaps she could find something, and drop it in the grinder to see what happened. No point in recklessly throwing something valuable in, after all. So, she began to wander about the nearby area, searching for anything that might be of interest.

Masaru wanders into the lot, rubbing his nap out of his eyes. "I smell food. Are we getting some?" He looks around a bit, taking in the general area. ". . . You know, normally this would be the part where I became concerned, but at this point I'm not sure if it's worth the effort of asking."

Liliya

"Well, let's see now." She grabbed some of the garbage, preferably nothing disgusting, and the pieces of rebar, and dragged them back (if she could) to the hopper. She set down the rebar, and placed some of the garbage in the hopper. "God, I hope this doesn't break it. It's their own damn fault if it does though, not giving instructions." She turned the crank a few times to see what would happen.

"Oh, hey Masaru. Not sure what's going on. There's this machine here, which appears to take stuff in and generate vouchers, but I have no idea what to put in it or what the vouchers are for. Based on my world, I'd guess that this is some sort of interplanetary rest stop or something. Parking garage for vehicles, food, a bit of grime... A way station of sorts, maybe."

(19, 9) The Machine shrieks as a crucial component it is lacking makes itself known. The machine whirs and slowly extrudes a thin ribbon of purple metal, which cools into a duller grey-purple color, which looks nothing like a food voucher.  It seems something has gone wrong with the device.

Liliya receives a spool of

(Tier 2 Level 35) Eldritch Metal Ribbon Spool: A roll of thin metal, infused with mysterious Void Magic, and obtained from a sabotaged food voucher dispensary.

Edited by Hal Henderics

Liliya

"Uh... I don't think that was my fault..." She picked up the metal ribbon, and stuck it in her pocket after it had cooled. Might be useful to someone...In a slightly hesitant manner, she circled the machine, looking for anything that could obviously be seen as broken from the outside. "I was really hoping to get a voucher for some food."

"Well, it doesn't look like we're getting any like this. . ." He looks quite disappointed, despite not really knowing how that machine correlated with food. Masaru frowned. "Is there something magical around here? Besides the usual of course. I've got that kind of feeling. . ."

Michael Mot

The motorcyclist saw the rather large castle parked somewhere in the middle of two inexplicable looking buildings. He had grown rather used to the idea of the other two buildings existing, but the castle was pretty new.

Which is why he ignored the smell of whatever heart attack inducing food that this place sold and rode on his bike once more.

As an afterthought he put on a plausibly French accent to say "Take care" to the casually dressed model with before he set off towards the castle on his motorcycle.

"Rude.  Who goes and says they're injured, and then rides off with barely a word like that?" Samantha complains at motorcycle guy's rapidly retreating back, "If you bleed out or something it's your own damn fault, chowderhead!  Wait, did you just say we're being watched?" Samantha turns to Masaru, looking worried, "It's probably not a good idea for me to try scanning minds, but maybe I can still sense them..."  Samantha uses her empathetic senses to search for emotions without an obvious source, hoping to home in on anyone watching the group from stealth.  This is something she can do without the Phoenix, so there's no light show.

". . . I mean, that's a possibility. It could also easily just be a magic item of some sort. You gotta have a nose for treasure like that, you know." Regardless, Masaru glanced around the area with mild concern before hunger overwhelmed caution, starting him up the nearby stairs and toward the source of the food odor. "Good to keep watch, I suppose. You never know who's going to be at these sorts of travelers' stops. Not going to get in the way of my snack, though."

Liliya

"Hmm? You can detect magic?" Liliya frowned at the machine, pondering. "Is this thing giving off any magic aura or whatever?" Perhaps he could diagnose the problem if there were any magical anomalies in the machine. Wait a moment. Did the man on the motorbike just fall face first on the ground, brush off assistance, and then wander off towards their castle? Hopefully there were some people, (perhaps Mar?) who would know to keep intruders out?

"Well, I suppose if this blasted thing won't work, we could try to sweet talk our way into some food..."

"I can, sort of. Never really trained in the sit-down, analytical kind of magic. So uh, if you want me to mess with that machine, that's two places it's out of my field. If you need me to hit it really hard, get ahold of me, otherwise I'm gonna go get food." He heads into the restaurant.

Those who enter the restaurant would find themselves entering an open area, a starfield swirls around an infinite void, a soap-bubble like barrier surrounds the area, a triangular platform made of stone tiles, a few of them are mirrored, in the reflection of the mirrors, horrible things writhe within.  In the middle of the platform, a counter has 3 cashiers behind it, In the three corners, there is a Black featureless drink dispenser, a Vending Machine of the same design, and a condiment station which seems to be rather standard, having various sauces in devices set to dispense them, forks and spoons made of plastic, or something that comes so close to seeming like them, but not quite.

Or maybe you are overthinking it.

The bubble presumably protecting the place from the infinite swirling energies seems to be branded with a logo that hurts to look at, it seems to have hues of red that are not normally extant, and shapes that don't fit into 2D quite right.

There are Three lines, containing various indescribable horrors.  A Large Skeletal figure seems to have duplicated himself, and is currently screaming at all three cashiers  of all three lines at the same time, apparently, his burger was undead, and he didn't order that.

He is taking up the line, and the three cat monsters that make up the serving staff just sit there with a nervous grin.  They clearly aren't being paid enough for this, they may not be paid at all, for all you know.