Justin's Story Episode 12: School for gifted youngsters

Damage

So Onyx Trainer's School or OTS as the top dogs are calling it has a few challengers. J-Stunner, B-Eazy, Soldier 76 and Vicky V. On the opposing side we have bush gardens very own Fern and Florinia. Who will win this epic battle? (I'll be honest its a two parter) Who knows? Read and find out in this high stakes battle to return the school to the students. Justin, Blaze and Soldier have a lot to fend off but when battling the desert rose simplicity may be key. Welcome to Florinia's school for gifted youngsters.

Int. Onyx trainer's school

Justin, Blaze and Soldier are walking down a hallway full of sobbing teenagers and knocked out Pokémon. One of Fern's lackeys from earlier walks from the end of the hall he is guarding to confront Justin and company. A tall blonde pale skinned young man wearing all red.

Skylar

Yo Justin.

Justin raises his hands to stop Skylar from talking, then quickly takes a fighting stance.

SKYLAR

Look, I'd rather not fight you.

Justin

That's because losing isn't fun.

SKYLAR

(sighing)

Tim. Bring her out.

A moment after Skylar's order a couple of men force Victoria out of one of the rooms and into the hallway.

JUSTIN

Where are you going with this?

SKYLAR

Take her, leave and come back when Fern says its okay.

JUSTIN

Couple things. First she can probably beat the brakes off of all of you. Second, we're in your school so this is hardly a threat. And lastly, really need you to focus here.

Justin punches through the wall next to him revealing a portion of a girl's dorm.

JUSTIN

I really don't mind hitting any one of you guys. So you sure you want to give me a reason.

All of the fighters look nervous but take a deep breath when Victoria speaks up.

Victoria

Skylar.

SKYLAR

Yeah?

VICTORIA

Please let me reason with him.

SKYLAR

I... In the room and no funny business.

VICTORIA

Of course not.

Victoria goes into the nearby room and Justin cautiously follows. Blaze and Soldier remain outside. Blaze's watch starts ringing and we see Lucky is calling. The young foul shows Soldier his son before we cut to inside the room.

InT. girl's dorm

Justin and Victoria are inside the room sitting down at the community table.

JUSTIN

So why are you playing along?

VICTORIA

Originally just wanted to see my old room. Do you like?

Justin looks around the dorm at pictures of Victoria, Amaria, Julia, Florinia and another red haired girl.

JUSTIN

Must of been a fun time.

VICTORIA

It was. If you can believe even Fern was occasionally enjoyable.

JUSTIN

I cannot.

VICTORIA

His sister used to be so different. She was much kinder and more open. But then Titania happened.

JUSTIN

I'm guessing that's red over here?

Justin points at the only unfamiliar party in the photos.

VICTORIA

Correct. Tania always had well... A way with words.

JUSTIN

Hm. Why'd you leave?

VICTORIA

I was needed back on Apophyl. Things get out of hand from time to time.

JUSTIN

So then why take the league challenge?

VICTORIA

My sensei thought it would be good preparation. What made you take the challenge?

JUSTIN

My brother already beat the league by me so...

VICTORIA

He.. what?...

Victoria stares in disbelief.

JUSTIN

Oh yeah I have a brother. He sucks.

VICTORIA

Who exactly is your brother?

JUSTIN

Some jerk.

Justin turns away but Victoria simply walks in front of him.

VICTORIA

Justin?

JUSTIN

Lance.

Victoria is shocked by the reveal.

VICTORIA

Wait... THE LANCE?

JUSTIN

Don't give him "the" hes an "a" Lance at best.

VICTORIA

So you came all the way to Reborn so you could one up your brother?

JUSTIN

Yeah. He took out the lame league, so I'll conquer the awesome one...

(under his breath)

Didn't think I'd be fighting my own team rocket.

VICTORIA

Wow Justin. You really want to beat him.

JUSTIN

I beat him once.

VICTORIA

Blaze isn't your first Pokémon?

JUSTIN

(changing the subject)

Umm.... Sure why not. Anyway was there another reason you played along with Team Fern?

Justin gives a cheeky smile hoping to distract Victoria.

VICTORIA

Hmmm

(glaring at Justin)

Fern has a surprising amount of control of the going-ons here at OTS. The students are all so obedient because it affects the funding of their clubs. So losing to you actually hurts them severely.

JUSTIN

So we tell Flo. She owes me one.

VICTORIA

That may be why he's trying so hard to keep you away.

JUSTIN

So you're saying I shouldn't fight these guys?

VICTORIA

I think you could return control to the students by fighting but more importantly Skylar and the rest of the students actually think its hilarious how much you rile up Fern. So he asked if you could take him down and record it.

JUSTIN

Never have I known how much I love school until this moment. Vic.

Justin throws his Pokégear to Victoria. She quickly starts up a video.

JUSTIN

My name is Justin and welcome to Just-an-ass!

Justin and Victoria leave the dorm in a Crib's styled fashion.

JUSTIN

Whats going on Reborn this is OTS you know we represent and this is my campus. Top dog and cat at the same time J-stunner bout to teach the whole class how to live.

Justin walks by Soldier and Blaze who are now wearing sunglasses.

JUSTIN

This is B-Eazy and you know we got Soldier 76 doin work. The bodyguards always guarding Reborn's finest. We heard about some poser trying to take my throne and figured, lets teach em a lesson in class. Vic catch my subjects candid before the king comes in.

VICTORIA

Yes sir.

JUSTIN

She's my mental health advisor. Keeps me all feng-shui and ish.

Victoria heads down the stairs.

JUSTIN

So Skylar right?

SKYLAR

Yeah?

JUSTIN

Any requests?

SKYLAR

If he pisses himself I will gladly give you my trust fund.

JUSTIN

Got any rare candy. For Pokémon. Apparently I have to specify that in Reborn.

SKYLAR

I have a few.

JUSTIN

Send em to Seacrest's garden by Julia's gym and we're even.

SKYLAR

Thank you.

JUSTIN

Its what I do.

InT. ONYX TRAINER'S SCHOOL lower Area

Justin heads down the stairs after Victoria. The students largely playing dumb to Justin's overacting in the school. Everyone goes about their business fully aware of what's to come. Finally Justin arrives at the entrance of Florinia's gym. Fern sits annoyed waiting for his only challenger.

JUSTIN

So this is the screw loose in the tool shed that calls himself... Uhhh. Shrub?... Bush?... Oak?

Fern

Fern.

JUSTIN

He's about to teach a master class in how to respect the top dog.

Justin stares into the camera.

JUSTIN

That's me in case you didn't know.

Fern takes a deep breath and approaches Justin.

FERN

I don't get you Justurd. Why do you always go out of your way to get slapped around. I tried to spare you humiliation and this is how you repay me. Fine. Just remember. I tried to help you.

Fern readies Pokéballs and summons his ace Serperior and Ferroseed.

JUSTIN

How about that. He actually managed to evolve two whole Pokémon. A world record for the world's worst.

FERN

Serperior, Ferroseed. Teach this novice a lesson.

Ferroseed spins wildly rushing towards Justin. He readies a kick like the previous encounter but changes at the last moment and grabs the spinning thorn Pokémon at the last moment. He then proceeds to slam it onto the ground, knocking it out.

JUSTIN

Oh my little grasshole. I've grown. You however have not. After I win today. You relinquish control of the student council to one of those idiots you had control the gate. Red was the only challenge so I say him.

FERN

Justin, if you actually manage to win, I will do just that.

JUSTIN

Why would you win Fern? You've literally never beaten me.

FERN

Because I'm the top god damn dog.

Justin sighs.

JUSTIN

Alright.

FERN

Serperior. Frenzy plant!

A large surge of thorned vines spike through the floor and Justin carefully dodges each one.

JUSTIN

WE JUST HAD A PLANT PROBLEM!

FERN

Serperior Iron tail.

The regal snake's tail lights up and it charges Justin to attack. Justin blocks the hammer-like tail but a puff of smoke reveals a substitute had been in effect.

JUSTIN

What?!

Justin looks around the room confused but is quickly ensnared by the powerful cobra wrapping its body around him.

FERN

You might think you had me all figured out but you didn't. Not using your Pokémon may have been the dumbest decision ever made.

JUSTIN

You missed my lecture earlier.

Justin laughs coyly.

JUSTIN

It was for Blaze and Soldier. I wanted them to see what their leader can do. And spoiler alert. Its anything.

FERN

Yeah sounds great. Serperior crush him until he decides to leave my school.

Serperior begins putting the squeeze on Justin whose countenance does not change.

JUSTIN

Or. And hear me out here.

Justin easily breaks free from Serperior and grabs its tail. He then begins to slam it repeatedly into the ground until it passes out from the damage.

JUSTIN

You recognize the true top dog.

FERN

Another fluke. THATS ALL YOU ARE TURD!

Justin rubs his nails on his shirt scoffing at the lost grass trainer.

FERN

YOU THINK YOU'RE SO AWESOME TAKING THE LEAGUE ON. FINE THEN. I'LL CHALLENGE THIS LOSER LEAGUE AND SHOW YOU WHO IS THE BOSS AROUND REBORN!

JUSTIN

Doubtful.

Fern feigns regaining his composure. His face is a giveaway for his actual mood.

FERN

Enjoy this win Justurd. It'll be the last one you have against me.

JUSTIN

Bet it isn't.

Fern leaves the hub in front of Florinia's gym.

JUSTIN

And that ladies and gents is how you knock a clown down a peg.

Victoria cancels the video.

JUSTIN

How was I?

VICTORIA

I used to think you were kinda cute.

JUSTIN

(sarcastic)

Awwww...

VICTORIA

Ready for your match?

JUSTIN

Yeah. I hope it'll be fun.

InT. onYX TRAINER'S SCHOOL Florinia's gym

Justin, Blaze, Soldier and Victoria enter Florinia's gymnasium and much to Justin's shock her gym is a desert themed battleground complete with cacti and dried out tumbleweeds.

JUSTIN

Wait what!

We here a camera snap and see that Victoria has taken a picture of Justin's shock.

VICTORIA

Maybe still a little cute.

JUSTIN

Wait time out. You knew about this?

VICTORIA

I went to the school and my sensei is a gym leader. I know every gym leader's layout.

JUSTIN

I planned for this since I fought Julia.

Florinia

Hello Justin. I am pleased that you have overcome both Meteor attacks and could make it to this arena.

JUSTIN

So you aren't a grass type trainer or...

FlORINIA

Indeed I am. I however has chosen a route that hinders mobility allowing me time to plan.

Justin applauds Flornia's methodology.

JUSTIN

Not bad Flo. Not bad.

VICTORIA

Good luck Justin.

A large viewing space filled with bleachers rests to the side of the arena. The space has a fair amount of students including some of Justin's recent challengers. Victoria makes her way to the front row.

JUSTIN

Julia didn't really believe in my talent when we fought so I didn't get the whole welcome to Reborn, we kick ass speech. I know its not your style but-

FlORINIA

I'm afraid I'm not one to comply with such paltry wishes. It is not my method of teaching or combat to intimidate.

JUSTIN

Didn't think so.

FlORINIA

That isn't to say I am not thankful for your endeavours at the waste center or during our battle with the monster Tangrowth. However those alone fail to merit the awarding of a badge.

JUSTIN

I understand.

FlORINIA

So allow us to begin our exhibition. Follow carefully class. The subject lacks sufficient knowledge to achieve victory.

Justin looks on confused.

JUSTIN

Excuse me?

FlORINIA

Expected outcome. Failure.

JUSTIN

(shocked)

W-was that smack talk? Did she just?...

(Justin is immediately amped up)

Blaze you're up.

Blaze ignites his palm before punching it then enters the sand covered battlefield. He sinks a little but moves around a bit.

JUSTIN

Careful. Sand limits motion.

(whispering)

See those rocks?

Blaze takes notice of the rocks and even the cacti.

JUSTIN

That's your best footing here. Make it work.

FlORINIA

Blaze, your initial partner from what I hear. Perhaps Breloom would be suitable.

Florinia throws out her first Pokémon which is the Mushroom boxer Breloom. Breloom wears a necklace with a large purple ball at its center. It shines brightly.

JUSTIN

Hey Flo, you wanna take the jewelry off?

FlORINIA

I doubt you'll be able to hit it.

JUSTIN

(sighs)

It just runs in the family huh. Blaze get to it. I'll chime in.

Blaze charges forward igniting his fists again upon reaching Breloom he begins wailing on the small mushroom mon which is far to slow or frail to fight at Blaze's level. Justin looks on in confusion.

JUSTIN

Is this bait? This feels like bait.

FlORINIA

Breloom drain punch!

The grass Pokémon launches a glowing dark fist but Blaze easily blocks it and parries with a kick to the chest accidentally breaking the purple gem. He throws up his hands and caws in an attempts to apologize. He looks up to notice that purple liquid is dripping down Breloom's chest and the Pokémon even drinks some of the liquid.

JUSTIN

Oh that's cute a little juice container.

FlORINIA

Breloom Dynamic punch.

Justin starts laughing.

JUSTIN

You think Blaze would ever allow that move to hit. In fact why would you even teach that

(sudden realization)

wait a minute!

Blaze begins to stagger before dropping to one knee in a coughing fit. From Blaze's perspective we see triples of the room and everyone in it. He struggles to stand and by the time he stands Breloom is at his chest with a fully charged Dynamic punch.

JUSTIN

BLAZE DEFEND!

Blaze throws up Protect at the last moment and the vicious blow is deflected by the white shield from his face to his torso. Upon contact we hear a rib break and Blaze is launched into a nearby boulder.

JUSTIN

Was that a toxic orb?

FlORINIA

Correct. By breaking it, a portion of its toxicity has been taken in by Blaze. With this field restricting mobility and the kicking up of sand combined with the poison, its safe to say that Blaze is not in for an easy fight even considering his typing.

JUSTIN

And I'm guessing that this is one of the rare Breloom with the ability-

FlORINIA

To turn toxins into nutrition. Yes Justin I know your team very well. Without the powerhouse of your team here I'd say this battle is far from something you can claim. Breloom, continue your assault with mach punch.

Breloom begins wailing down on a weakened Blaze with a series of high speed hits. After a long painful combo Blaze catches the Mushroom's fist and smiles.

JUSTIN

No energy attacks Blaze! You can't afford it.

Breloom starts throwing punches at close range but Blaze tanks the hits while his eyes are closed and he takes a deep breath.

FlORINIA

Breloom, remove yourself, his next attack will be dangerous.

Blaze's upperbody ignites and he bear hugs Breloom locking away any more attacks. He then charges into a boulder as the helpless grassling screams in pain. After collision with the rock Breloom drops out cold and is quickly recalled by Florinia.

FlORINIA

Blaze is a fair combatant on his own. I commend your efforts even in your weakened state. However your partner's failure to include a complete roster will be your undoing.

Blaze begins panting heavily and drops against the rock he previously crashed into.

FlORINIA

Torterra, come forward.

Florinia summons the second of her team. A large sand turtle with an immense tree and small boulders emerging from its back. Soldier attempts to enter the arena but is stopped by Justin who simply shakes his head.

JUSTIN

Alright Blaze, lets focus on keeping the distance and trying to overcome this poisoning okay bud?

Blaze nods and forces a weak smile.

JUSTIN

Attaboy.

FlORINIA

Torterra Sandstorm.

The mighty Torterra roars and a sandstorm quickly overtakes the field. Vision is distorted slightly in the field. Monitors drop down in front of the audience and overhead to allow people on the outside to view (to some extent) what is occurring on the battlefield. At the moment Torterra is attacking Blaze from a distance with its long vines. Blaze can only block with the poison flowing through his veins and the sand in his eyes.

JUSTIN

Forcing my hand Flo...

FlORINIA

My intention is to hold you as close to the ropes as possible.

Justin turns to the crowd.

JuSTIN

Hear that kids, your teach is kind of a freak.

Florinia turns away from the students blushing.

JUSTIN

Blaze. Get hot then defend.

On the screen we see Blaze jump in the air and release and overheat attack. The large whirlwind of sand turns into a storm of glass and flies all over the arena. Florinia is protected by a barrier but Justin is guarded by Soldier. When all the glass falls to the floor we see Torterra inside of its shell.

JUSTIN

You're welcome.

Blaze jets his way over to Torterra's shell and hops on top. He begins charging fire in both of his hands.

Florinia

Well played. I expect no less from you Justin.

JUSTIN

HA-DOOOOOO-KENNNNNNN

Blaze drops off the top of the shell in front of Torterra's face and releases a full powered Fire blast to the unsuspecting tortoise's face. The immense fire damage leaves residual flames all over the forest on its back rendering the Pokémon useless. Florinia recalls him.

FloRINIA

Time to control the field.

Blaze throws up more bile and Justin walks on to the field to carry him off.

JUSTIN

I'm switching out. This guy is a tad tuckered out. Soldier. You feelin' it?

Soldier gives a cool reassuring nod then slowly enters the sandy field.

FlORINIA

Cacturne, the field is yours.

JUSTIN

This normally goes without saying but killing them is off limits. Or even serious damage.

Soldier nods.

FlORINIA

Cacturne Destiny-

A puff of sand flies forward and lands on Florinia's feet, the next thing to grace her presence is the knocked out body of her cactus partner. The room stares in awe trying to comprehend what has just occurred. Soldier huffs in disappointment brushing off his right shoulder with his left arm blade.

JuSTIN

For those who missed it Soldier first class gave him a shoulder bump to the stomach. For those who wish to repeat it. Do plenty of squats.

Florinia recalls Cacturne and summons a Sceptile. The wild tree gecko walks around the field brushing is hands against all of the field. It looks at Soldier occasionally.

FlORINIA

I originally planned on having Sceptile fight Luxcalibur but since you chose to exclude him from the challenge I suppose this will have to do.

Justin throws his hands up in protest.

JUSTIN

Don't sell Soldier off so short. He's the most trained person in this room. He fought alongside Lt. Surge.

Everyone in the room starts murmuring about Surge's legacy.

FlORINIA

(stunned)

Is that correct?

JUSTIN

Yep.

FlORINIA

Then there is no need to hold back.

JUSTIN

Yeah... You're Fern's sister.

FlORINIA

Defender of the forest. One with the will to overcome corruption. Dragon of the sacred garden. Come forth and collect your power.

Florinia reveals a Mega-Bracelet holstered to her left shoulder.

JUSTIN

Ohhhh no....

A swirling ball of pink energy surrounds Sceptile and it quickly evolves into the highly agile Dragon Grass type Mega-Sceptile

JUSTIN

Ummm Soldier. Again don't kill him but at the same time, holding back is not ideal.

FlORINIA

Don't allow them an inch Sceptile.

Ignoring their trainers both Pokémon step towards the other and clash blades showing a sign of respect then return to their former positions readier than ever to begin their battle.

JUSTIN

Blaze wake up this is gonna be awesome.

In that instant both fighters disappear then several clashes can be heard all over the stadium. As if mimicking and old DBZ cartoon their battle transcends speed and all of its known concepts. Teleporting across the field in high speed flashes these two combatants revel in ecstasy throughout their intense battle. The monitor picks up blurs of the fighters along with puffs of sand popping where the two Pokémon clashed. The only ones able to clearly watch the battle seem to be Justin, Florinia and Victoria.

FlORINIA

Sceptile. The field is yours to mold.

Both Sceptile and Soldier separate. Sceptile digs its arms into the sand and they begin to glow a soft light green before trees and bushes and grass cover the entire arena changing it into a grassy terrain.

JUSTIN

So this is why you wanted Blaze out of the picture.

FlORINIA

Indeed. Your young pyro would have set the field ablaze and benefited greatly while my team would have suffered. A grass field would generally be more of a hindrance than a boon given the caliber of trainer in Reborn.

JUSTIN

Fair enough. Soldier let's take this chance to-

Justin is confused by Sceptile's disappearance.

JUSTIN

Wasn't he?

Soldier grunts and jumps on top of the newly formed trees.

JUSTIN

I think it can camouflage.

FlORINIA

A trait learned in its second stage of course maintained in Sceptile's adult form.

JUSTIN

Really wishing I had brought Lux.

Sceptile emerges from the top of the tree next to Soldier. Soldier quickly reacts and swings his blade down towards Sceptile's shoulder but is blocked by a white shield.

JUSTIN

Damn it knows detect! Soldier move!

FlORINIA

Thunder punch.

JUSTIN

NO!

The orbs on the Mega-monster's back light up with yellow sparks and the energy trails down its right arm before it punches Soldier square in the face sending it flying through several trees.

FlORINIA

I fully understand your belief in your team's abilities however I suggest you refrain from underestimating the talent of others. Continuing with such audacity may cost you more than a simple league match in the future.

JUSTIN

Soldier... Buddy? You o-

Soldier stands with static still fresh on his body. The old mantis clearly furious viciously clangs his arms together and disappears leaving a crater in the dirt and grass. In a moment several trees are separated from their stumps and fall slowly through the air, Soldier bounces from tree to tree until he is directly overhead his Mega-evolved opponent. He whizzes downward towards the Forest Pokémon.

FlORINIA

Leaf storm!

Sceptile raises both hands to the sky at his target and leaves, branches and trees from overhead begins to glow green with energy before flying towards Soldier. As they approach their target he disappears in a flash then reappears behind Sceptile. He swings his right arm blade through the ground, tearing it along the swing and everything cuts to black before the impact showing the terrified looks on everyone's faces.

End of episode 12.

Episode 12 was the most fun I had writing in some time. Hope you all can enjoy it as much as I did. Obviously wouldn't leave you all without a song. This episode is devoted to the stoic war veteran Soldier. I think its pretty cool and while I never played the COD games, I have them to thank for turning me on to this gem. Here ya go. Hopefully the next episode drops sooner rather than later amiright?