How to beat Shelly

Foat Gucker

So my team is weak to Ancient power, and I can't really grind my team because the only place to grind is the cave with all those rock-types (and I have three flying types). 

Now, I have a lvl 38 Dunsparce, but there's that level 35 cap. Should I risk it or grind?

Also read that regenerator Tangela is impossible. Living proof that it isn't:

Screenshot (1557).png

For the level caps you can buy common candy ( in obsidia ward ) to make it back to lvl 35.

you need indeed a good rock type like graveler , you can also catch a klink to tank against her 

I'd definitely recommend grabbing a rock type. sudowoodo are a good choice, and you can find bonsly in obsidia park

as for grinding, go back to the place you rescued victoria. the unown give tons of exp. and there's no risk of encountering rock types.

Could you tell us what pokemon you have on your team? That way we might be able to help you further.

I recommend setting the field ablaze using a move like Flame Burst if you can. As for grinding, if you go to the lowest floor of the cave under the grand stairway, you can fight unowns which are relatively easy to beat and give good exp. You can also grind in one of the alleyways (either the Aqua or Magma one). If your pokemon goes above level 35, you can use Common Candies to reduce your level.

Ep 16 buffed shelly HARD(with just an AI fix lol). She's much harder now compared to the last 2 episodes.

Rain dance(which she uses turn 1 everytime) shuts down the burning field strat and Masquierain can become annoying in the rain if you keep alive for too long. I'd suggest using fake out on Illumise(who should be your first priority) to stop turn 1 rain dance and then using flame burst/fire pledge on her. If you KO her immediately somehow that'll make the rest of the fight MUCH easier, but if she's still alive try to KO her following turn as shelly heals her....if that's impossible try taunt which will also stop confuse ray.

For yanmega you want a rock type move, and careful as it's her strongest pokemon and unaffected by the burning field damage since it flies.

Anorith is NO JOKE. It's easy to underestimate but it's surprisingly strong and faster than you think. 

Wormadam is likely going to be replaced by Rimbombee or Araquanid next episode. Not terribly difficult to beat with fire moves and it doesn't deal a whole lot of damage, though the struggle bug debuff is annoying.

Volbeat is easy when alone as it usually spends a turn setting up and if the burning field is up it'd likely be halfway to nearly dead provided you attacked.

What is your team anyway?