[OU] Stall ZZZZZZ

Cool Girl

Stall ZZZZZZ

mandibuzz.pngchansey.pngsableye-mega.pngheatran.pngtoxapex_sprite_by_luigi_player-daq8l64.gif.7d4ad512fd73370aad51247aadd11de7.gifskarmory.png

Hey guys, Cool Girl here bringing you another RMT. So, I wanted to try out stall and well, I saw this core of Mandibuzz + Chansey + Mega Sableye, so I thought why not try it out! Without further ado, let's get to the team! :D Before we start, I want to give credit to Skitty who really helped me build the team, so give her a big round of applause! :D Now, time to get to the team! :D 

_630__mandibuzz_by_theadorableoshawott-db6ol5f.png.jpeg.f7001b6de6149078e99d3512724daf29.jpeg

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers  
Ability: Overcoat  
EVs: 224 HP / 176 Def / 12 SpD / 96 Spe  
Bold Nature  
- Knock Off  
- Foul Play  
- Roost  
- Defog  

Mandibuzz is my counter to Landorus-T. Nothing much to say here, except that it can also get rid of hazards and items. Also, Foul Play is not only a great counter to Landorus-T, but it also helps deal damage to other pokémons.

easter_was_over_by_boke_0327-db65fhz.png.jpeg.2d3db4902b088ac6e3a704968befacd1.jpeg

Chansey @ Eviolite  
Ability: Natural Cure  
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD  
Bold Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Soft-Boiled  
- Aromatherapy  
- Seismic Toss  

Chansey cures the team here. Plus, Seismic Toss that deals a bit of damage. Don't have a fourth move 'cause I'm not sure what to put.

mega_ohh_no_by_foxeaf-db2cwmt.png.jpeg.571281478110e62dfc4ebde43f757a37.jpeg

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite  
Ability: Magic Bounce  
EVs: 240 HP / 56 Def / 212 SpD  
Impish Nature  
- Knock Off  
- Protect  
- Will-O-Wisp  
- Recover  

Mega Sableye can counter hazards while also doing burn hax. Nothing much to say here.

magma_storm_by_cosmicsprinkles-db9jewt.png.jpeg.bc644f3383256aeeb38a2b53376681d7.jpeg

Heatran @ Leftovers  
Ability: Flash Fire  
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
- Lava Plume  
- Stealth Rock  
- Taunt  
- Earth Power  

Heatran is a pokémon on this team that deals damage and can also prevent hazards from coming out.

toxapex_by_meltedsandwich-db7fnqh.png.jpeg.beff61e0e219a9ef6a498dfbbf01311e.jpeg

Toxapex @ Black Sludge  
Ability: Regenerator  
Bold Nature  
- Toxic Spikes  
- Haze  
- Scald  
- Recover  

For those of you who see my other RMTs, you may remember this Toxapex set. Toxapex prevents bulking and also sets up hazards. It also has amazing recovery with Black Sludge + Regenerator. It also works well as a wall.

skarmory_finished_by_starredshadow-db9g39n.png.152ef94e6c7dd8088a84d29180ec3292.png

Skarmory @ Leftovers  
Ability: Sturdy  
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe  
Bold Nature  
- Spikes  
- Roost  
- Whirlwind  
- Counter  

Skarmory is the hazard setter in this team. Roost for some recovery and whirlwind so that it can deal some damage with hazard. Counter is there to also possibly KO some pokémons.

Importable Team

Spoiler

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers  
Ability: Overcoat  
EVs: 224 HP / 176 Def / 12 SpD / 96 Spe  
Bold Nature  
- Knock Off  
- Foul Play  
- Roost  
- Defog  

Chansey @ Eviolite  
Ability: Natural Cure  
Bold Nature  
- Soft-Boiled  
- Aromatherapy  
- Seismic Toss  

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite  
Ability: Magic Bounce  
EVs: 240 HP / 56 Def / 212 SpD  
Impish Nature  
- Knock Off  
- Protect  
- Will-O-Wisp  
- Recover  

Heatran @ Leftovers  
Ability: Flash Fire  
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
- Lava Plume  
- Stealth Rock  
- Taunt  
- Earth Power  

Toxapex @ Black Sludge  
Ability: Regenerator  
Bold Nature  
- Toxic Spikes  
- Haze  
- Scald  
- Recover

Skarmory @ Leftovers  
Ability: Sturdy  
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe  
Bold Nature  
- Spikes  
- Roost  
- Whirlwind  
- Counter  

Thanks guys! :D As usual, feedback is greatly appreciated! :D Thank you and until next time! :D 

They are such adorable Pokemon's.. :) 

Nice selection keep it up :) 

They are the best along with their strength... :D 

Really liked that mega sableye :) 

Edited by S.paul

the only thing that doesnt sit well with me is foul play and will-o-wisp cuz they kinda defeat the purpose of each other but then again its not on the same mon so it just depends on how you'll play it. Also personal preference baneful over toxic spike. Goodluck on playing with stalls :) I find them hard to play with sometimes but its useful for practicing predictions and switch ins

6 hours ago, sailboat said:

the only thing that doesnt sit well with me is foul play and will-o-wisp cuz they kinda defeat the purpose of each other

Foul Play's damage isn't reduced if the opponent is burned. Foul Play calculates the opponent's attack stat as yours for this move, while burn doesn't reduce the attack stat itself but it halves physical damage in general (which has the same result, but it's not the same).

As for the team: Stall without an Unaware user loses to almost every set up mon (Toxapx can't afford to Haze against everything)! Swap Heatran with Unaware Clefable. Wish/Protect/Moonblast/Calm Mind is probably what you should go for.

Since Heatran was your Rocker and Chansey has a free slot, you can put Stealth Rock on her. Or you can give her Toxic for pokemon that aren't affected by Toxic Spikes like Latios, Lando, Charizard, Zapdos, Rotom etc. If you choose for Toxic, Clef can be used as your Stealth Rock user, although CM is usualy better in stall

Why does chansey only have 3 moves? Even if you don't know what to run you could run like toxic or anything on it. Mandibuzz seems redundant with Skarmory, Mega Sableye, and Toxapex around as well. Also for stall there is very little toxic here, which doesn't let this team amount to much.

Edited by Personthing

• 3 weeks later...

nice team i really like the sable teams in the meta right now, have you thought of adding defog to skarmory, and swapping mandi to dugtrio or something? a sash set can trap and revenge kill a lot of threats to stall, IE: lele, hoopa-U heatran zard x etc, might be something to try out otherwise really nice team. for chansey i would add toxic or wish for the last move. 

edit: the clefable option over mandi looks good too for the unaware user, if she uses rocks you can add protect or toxic to heatran too to break down opposing stall

Edited by Batman