Reborn/Rejuvenation EXTREME Version

12 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

Any changes to the mod compatibility plans with the E17 release? (I'm still hoping my playthrough of this can be with the custom music pack because I haven't really been able to try it yet)

I dont think it would work because it would change the trainertypes file, which would overwrite my own new trainer types...
But if it makes you feel any better, i've already added some custom music to the game :P

@whomst'd've'n't Is there an Archeops with Rock Head that can learn Head Smash, Brave Bird and perhaps Flare Blitz?

Thats for me to know and for you to find out ;) 

Edited by whomst'd've'n't

• 4 weeks later...
  • Global Mods
4 hours ago, whomst'd've'n't said:

Haven't posted here in a while, but i'm pretty much just waiting for e17 lol.

Also... It's almost time to get  s p o o k y  :D

Aren't we all? Any rough idea on how much time it'll be between E17s release and the release of this? Also I hope Your pokemon editing adds lots of good coverage moves to pokemons movesets because It's always really annoying to have an offensive pokemon that has nothing much good outside of dualSTAB (I'm looking at you honchkrow)

1 hour ago, espeon860 said:

so just to let people know reborn hardcore is being discontinued so yeah i think?

Yea Hardcore got discontinued =(. oh well.

9 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

Aren't we all? Any rough idea on how much time it'll be between E17s release and the release of this? Also I hope Your pokemon editing adds lots of good coverage moves to pokemons movesets because It's always really annoying to have an offensive pokemon that has nothing much good outside of dualSTAB (I'm looking at you honchkrow)

I'd say within a month or two, but im bad at keeping promises so thats just gonna be an estimate :P
And every single pokemon gets some decent coverage, I tried to make absolute sure that everything gets at least a few good STAB while leveling up/evolving. 
Basically what i did when making movesets, is past lv35 is when i start to give them "good" moves, for example moonblast/earth power/flamethrower/thunderbolt/scald etc.
I tried to make to make movesets as diverse as possible to really make anything viable, but sometimes i had to stretch logic just a little... But i mean hey, it's Pokemon... Ekans can Earthquake but Kyurem can't, nothing made sense to begin with.

• Global Mods
7 minutes ago, whomst'd've'n't said:

I'd say within a month or two, but im bad at keeping promises so thats just gonna be an estimate :P
And every single pokemon gets some decent coverage, I tried to make absolute sure that everything gets at least a few good STAB while leveling up/evolving. 
Basically what i did when making movesets, is past lv35 is when i start to give them "good" moves, for example moonblast/earth power/flamethrower/thunderbolt/scald etc.
I tried to make to make movesets as diverse as possible to really make anything viable, but sometimes i had to stretch logic just a little... But i mean hey, it's Pokemon... Ekans can Earthquake but Kyurem can't, nothing made sense to begin with.

Sounds great, having a diverse set of powerful moves is always satisfying. It always feels a bit weird when your neutral STAB is technically better than your SE coverages because their power is mediocre. (very common for Hi Jump Kick users lol) and a bit of logic stretch is ok. It's pokemon after all

One thing i forgot to mention, is that i actually buffed/tweaked a few moves to be a little stronger or more consistent, one example is Shadow Punch. For some reason, its base 60 while all the other punching moves are base 75. So i buffed it to 75, along with Dizzy Punch which was 70.

And also one thing I'm not going to do, is literally anything with TM's. I want you to know that the first time i ever opened the tms file, I laughed and closed it immediately. It wouldn't actually be that hard to edit which Pokemon get what TM's, but it would be so incredibly tedious that it just wouldn't be worth my time. So what I did is add TM moves to all Pokemon's move sets while I went back through them the second time, I figured it would just be easier to do that over the TM's considering i was going back through it anyways.
Here's an example with Chimecho:
[358]
Name=Chimecho
InternalName=CHIMECHO
Type1=PSYCHIC
BaseStats=95,50,93,135,106,111
(HP,Atk,Def,SpA,Speed,SpD, Essentials is weird)
GenderRate=Female50Percent
GrowthRate=Fast
BaseEXP=149
EffortPoints=0,0,0,0,1,1
Rareness=45
Happiness=70
Abilities=LEVITATE,FLAREBOOST
HiddenAbility=STEELWORKER
Moves=1,HEALINGWISH,1,SYNCHRONOISE,1,WRAP,1,GROWL,1,ASTONISH,1,CONFUSION,4,GROWL,7,ASTONISH,10,DISARMINGVOICE,13,YAWN,16,PSYBEAM,19,MIRRORSHOT,22,EXTRASENSORY,27,HEALBELL,32,HYPERVOICE,35,PSYSHOCK,37,SHADOWBALL,42,FLASHCANNON,44,CALMMIND,47,PSYCHIC,52,THUNDERBOLT,57,HEALINGWISH
(Usually i gave TM moves that would benefit it more later in the move sets, like Flash Cannon to abuse Steelworker, and Thunderbolt to achieve near-perfect coverage within its move set)
Another thing i'm not touching is Egg Moves, mostly due to the fact that I already gave everything their good egg moves by level up, and some Pokemon just don't really gain much from their Egg Moves anyway. Also breeding is tedious and probably wont be used considering you won't be able to go online with this mod.

Edited by whomst'd've'n't

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Alright so I just finished playing e17 and I noticed a handful of bugs that definitely be fixed, so I'm probably not gonna start working on this until the full release to ensure I don't have to update all my stuff multiple times, It'll just be a hassle I can avoid by just starting later.

Also I'm probably gonna have to replay the entire game again just to re-familiarize myself with everything, along with finding any new things that could be useful to me. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Global Mods

Nice! still pretty hyped for this because I've been kinda itching to do another playthrough, but don't want to just do the 'standard' game again (will probably wait for E19 to do that) and challenge runs have never been super my thing.

18 minutes ago, whomst'd've'n't said:

I did in fact give it Aura Sphere, although quite late in its learn-set.

YAY!!!!! FINALLY MY DREAM HAS COME TRUE!!!!! It doesn't matter even if it gets Aura Sphere at Level 90 or so, but, for the first time, Gardevoir with Aura Sphere. It SO suits it.

On 12/30/2017 at 2:17 PM, espeon860 said:

will you show all the changes add to the mons just curious?

Yeah the PBS files are gonna be in the games folder, the pokemon file can just be opened with notepad and you will be able to see everything i changed.

So after taking a look at the new PBS, the trainers file looks... Very organized. I might just redo all the trainers... again. It sucks but if i redo them now in this way that its organized it will make my life 100000000000000x easier whenever i update to newer versions. This will also make it easier to keep it more like e17 and not e16, because in e17 a lot of leaders and trainers were tweaked and I honestly was going to keep it the way i had already edited it because it was going to be easier, but this will definitely be better in the long run.

hullohullo Ive been stalking for a long time and i'm quite excited for the release.

Some questions tho

Did mah boi slaking receive any buff and

Does liquid voice for primarina gives a power boost to moves affected by it