Reborn/Rejuvenation EXTREME Version

• Global Mods
9 hours ago, BRS swag said:

oh nice. can't the sp.atk and speed be interchanged. swampert is better with physical moves and how about sap sipper as its ability?? grass moves won't even affect it.

the blissey with multiscale

the metagross with huge power

I feel like these are going a little too far. having 140 attack and 100 speed with 120/90/90 bulk and literally zero type weaknesses on a starter pokemon is silly.

as it is it's a very good bulky physical attacker that should be tough to take down. Grass is still a big threat but it should be possible to take a hit from some things with filter, and usually if you're leaving swampert in on a grass type, you're doing something wrong.

19 hours ago, whomst'd've'n't said:

Yeah but you could say the same for your own team.
There will be many different pokemon available early on, much much more than what reborn currently offers. This is due to how hard this mod is going to be, I needed to buff the availability of reborn city.

I actually meant the players team. The gyms use Pokemon that are already set up to be difficult but half that difficulty is assuming the player doesn't have access to Pokemon equally powerful. That won't be the case anymore with this mod, so will likely require buffing in other ways.

For example, there are fields which are easily manipulated but usually require a specific Pokemon to do so, usually a much weaker option then you normally consider. Now, that Pokemon breaks the field and is as strong as the leader's so it become twice as easy to win.

• Global Mods
On 27/05/2017 at 3:16 AM, MetrololAce said:

I actually meant the players team. The gyms use Pokemon that are already set up to be difficult but half that difficulty is assuming the player doesn't have access to Pokemon equally powerful. That won't be the case anymore with this mod, so will likely require buffing in other ways.

For example, there are fields which are easily manipulated but usually require a specific Pokemon to do so, usually a much weaker option then you normally consider. Now, that Pokemon breaks the field and is as strong as the leader's so it become twice as easy to win.

I think with something like this, it's really hard to know how difficult it will be without actually playing it, and will probably vary a lot from person to person.

I also think it'll be a fun and interesting experience, regardless of how difficult it turns out to be.

just my 2 cents.

1 hour ago, DreamblitzX said:

I think with something like this, it's really hard to know how difficult it will be without actually playing it, and will probably vary a lot from person to person.

I also think it'll be a fun and interesting experience, regardless of how difficult it turns out to be.

just my 2 cents.

Yup, agreed entirely. That's why I warned about it. The idea behind the game sounds really really cool, but in doing this it would actually be easy to make the game much easier, as part of Reborn's challenge curve is dependent on field manipulation. 

I'm not going to argue on difficulty as there are other factors outside of powerful mons that make a game difficult, but giving players better mons pretty much negates all difficulty. Hardcore's late game suffers heavily from it. Im not trying to back you away from doing this, but I'm merely giving a warning it might not be as easy as you think. Be ready to do testing and revisions. Lots of revisions. I am interested to see how far this project goes.

56 minutes ago, Commander said:

I'm not going to argue on difficulty as there are other factors outside of powerful mons that make a game difficult, but giving players better mons pretty much negates all difficulty. Hardcore's late game suffers heavily from it. Im not trying to back you away from doing this, but I'm merely giving a warning it might not be as easy as you think. Be ready to do testing and revisions. Lots of revisions. I am interested to see how far this project goes.

I realized this, I have moved on to doing trainers and i had noticed how easy it is just to use a setup move and sweep everything.
Needless to say, i have moved setup moves waaaaaaaaaay back on most pokemon movesets. Or even just removed them completely (Well sorta, you can still get them through TMs and breeding... But if you go through that much prep just to beat some AI, you kinda deserve the win.)
But yeah theres undoubtedly going to be some balancing, I went back through the list and realized i gave some things ridiculous stats and/or abilities. For example... For some ungodly reason, I gave Farfetch'd PURE POWER with 165 base Attack... Now, it may have been a typo... But considering I do these mostly at night, maybe i was just so tired i wasnt even thinking, but yeah... lmao. 

Also, I loved Reborn Hardcore, it pretty much inspired me to do this =] The only reason i got into this is because i spent 20+ hours trying to figure out how to get the select weather mod working on the same script as the Hardcore one, and all that led to Pokemon Essentials editing, RPG Maker shenanigans, custom script stuff and more... So thanks xD.

Edited by whomst'd've'n't

Just now, whomst'd've'n't said:

For example... For some ungodly reason, I gave Farfetch'd PURE POWER with 165 base Attack... Now, it may have been a typo... But considering I do these mostly at night, maybe i was just so tired i wasnt even thinking, but yeah... lmao. 

It would be good to have a Farfetch'd that was actually useful, so maybe you should consider keeping this one.  It probably still has crap bulk (and maybe speed), so using it would be a challenge to actually use it's power.  I somewhat used Farfetch'd in Blaze Black 2, where they buffed all it's stats........then gave it Defeatist.......

2 minutes ago, seki108 said:

It would be good to have a Farfetch'd that was actually useful, so maybe you should consider keeping this one.  It probably still has crap bulk (and maybe speed), so using it would be a challenge to actually use it's power.  I somewhat used Farfetch'd in Blaze Black 2, where they buffed all it's stats........then gave it Defeatist.......

I did actually keep Pure Power, but halved its attack. So 85. Which is still really good. I also made it faster and changed its type to Flying/Fighting, as i saw much more potential in that over its only logical normal stab being the moves it already gets. 

Just now, whomst'd've'n't said:

I did actually keep Pure Power, but halved its attack. So 85. Which is still really good. I also made it faster and changed its type to Flying/Fighting, as i saw much more potential in that over its only logical normal stab being the moves it already gets. 

I guess it works, as long as it's faster.  Doesn't seem like it will be much better though.....wouldn't halving the attack just keep it essentially the same?  Then again, EV training Attack might make it better than default Farfetch'd with Pure Power.....not entirely sure how to crunch those stats right now.

Edit: Probably should look how Pure Power really works first

Ironically, the typing change is just what Blaze Black 2 did, even down to making Fighting it's other type.

Edited by seki108

5 minutes ago, seki108 said:

Ironically, the typing change is just what Blaze Black 2 did, even down to making Fighting it's other type.

Yeah whenever im stumped on ideas, I take a look at some other fan games that have done this sort of thing. Didnt really do that for farfetch'd, but for some pokes that are just really bland it definitely helped out a lot.

On 28/05/2017 at 7:26 AM, DreamblitzX said:

165 attack pure power Farfetch'd with adamant nature and full attack EV's holding a stick with a priority move.

Wheck :V.

My oh my, no pls XD

So since Zen Mode Darmanitan is technically its own pokemon, I decided to try to make Zen Mode a decent ability.
And now, Zen Mode activates after you take any damage at all... Which means you can use Flare Blitz, take a little bit of damage, and then transform to a form with much higher defenses to take whatever hit is coming your way, while also being able to utilize a special moveset and the Psychic type.

Figured I would share this because I thought it was somewhat creative =]

Just letting everyone know that as soon as Rejuvenation V9 drops ALL progress is going to halt for a week or two :P
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I'M HYPED.
Also as for where I'm at on progress currently, I have just finished all pokemon editing (again) and I'm back to trainers and encounters, as well as in game events for some rarer pokemans.

So, I have finished playing through rejuvenation and im planning on picking this back up tommorow... But I actually have a question for anyone who reads this that knows the answer... Am I allowed to add gen 7 mon/mechanics into reborn? I remember seeing a mod that added the starters in, but idk if adding an entire generation will be uhh... acceptable. 

If you know if this allowed please let me know so i will know what im doing tommorow xD 

I'd be fine with personally, since i'm kinda putting off doing a full playthrough of Pokemon Reborn until the next version for all the gen 7 content, so i'd love to see the gen 7 mons in the mod early and i'd be interested to see what changes were made to them.

Guess I should give some updates eh?

Amethyst has given me permission to add gen 7 to the game and even helped me out a lot so big thanks to her! :D
Atm, I'm going back through the pokemon file updating everything to gen 7, which is harder than I thought it would be.
I want to maintain consistency, but its pretty hard when a lot of gen 7 abilities dont make much sense on a lot of gen 1-6 mons, and then I gotta go through moves too which is just another nightmare.
If you guys have any suggestions on what gen 7 Abilities/Moves I should give to some mons please feel free to leave a message here or PM me :)
For example, I gave Cradily Water Compaction as I saw it would be really fitting, and Vespiquen Queenly Majesty, for obvious reasons.

• Global Mods

Sounds like you're doing a great job with this. I'm not super familier with the gen 7 content but I'm sure you'll do a good job. maybe something like comatose would fit snorlax?

• 3 weeks later...

Guess i should give an update, all of gen 7 is done and all i have left is trainers and encounters. After that it will be playtesting time.
Also... If you're a fan of a certain Pokemon that should be GETTING IN THE BAG, you'll be in for a pleasant surprise on your way to Calcenon ;)

• Upvote 2

So i feel like talking about my plans cuz im bored. 
When this mod is completely done and i'm ready to release it, I'm actually gonna release quite a few different versions of it.
These will probably include:
-My own version, with trainers having pokemon that can abuse all the buffs i am giving them. Along with many other custom stuff.
-A randomized version. Randomizers are always fun. I'm even going to make a completely custom trainers.txt for this so you wont have the entirety of Aya's team being poisoned by black sludge ;)
-A version thats even more heavily modded, including mods that i find are popular. Im probably gonna get requests for this anyway so might aswell make it ahead of time. (Although Reborn Hardcore is probably a no. The trainers in that mod are carefully devised by Commander so I dont want to make a version of his mod that completely negates the name of the mod itself... It would be so easy with the buffs.)
-Sandbox Mode. I probably gotta get permission for this but if all goes well then I will definitely include a version with this.

21 minutes ago, whomst'd've'n't said:

-A version thats even more heavily modded, including mods that i find are popular. Im probably gonna get requests for this anyway so might aswell make it ahead of time. (Although Reborn Hardcore is probably a no. The trainers in that mod are carefully devised by Commander so I dont want to make a version of his mod that completely negates the name of the mod itself... It would be so easy with the buffs.)

If you want to take the Hardcore trainer files and use them in a combined mod you can, but uhhh Hardcore really isn't an easy mod to combine with and is more or less only add-on friendly since I had to do quite a number of in game events and a few custom scripts. Don't let the game difficulty be a reason to not include it. Some people may actually like that and it doesn't really harm me in any way.

• Global Mods

I feel like randomized might fit quite well with this because the power levels are so skewed anyway. Would it just be a version that was randomized once and then distributed, or one that's different for each person (something included to self randomize, or a script at the start of the game), or one that randomizes on the go so fights are different each time you try them? I'm not sure if option 2 or three are even (easily) possible with RPGmaker/essentials, but they would be cool. If you go with option 1, then if it wasn't too much work it might be neat to try to optimize the teams of major fights after they've been randomized (with items and maybe moves)

On 7/3/2017 at 7:17 AM, DreamblitzX said:

I feel like randomized might fit quite well with this because the power levels are so skewed anyway. Would it just be a version that was randomized once and then distributed, or one that's different for each person (something included to self randomize, or a script at the start of the game), or one that randomizes on the go so fights are different each time you try them? I'm not sure if option 2 or three are even (easily) possible with RPGmaker/essentials, but they would be cool. If you go with option 1, then if it wasn't too much work it might be neat to try to optimize the teams of major fights after they've been randomized (with items and maybe moves)

Basically, the only way that I know how to setup a randomizer is basically have the script pick a number between 1-802 everytime you get an encounter or everytime a trainer sends out a pokemon. So if you battle someone twice, they will not have the same team... I'm not sure if theres any workaround to this, unless if i make like... 100 random teams for each leader, and then have the script pick a number from 1-100 each time you start the game, so they will then keep that team. However, I don't know if my logic there is even correct, and if it is, it would be EXTREMELY tedious and just not worth imo :P

Also, i've decided that im going to include a mode that ups the difficulty even more for those who are completely insane like i am :D
Basically, this mode will be called "Legendary Mode", and well, as the name implies there will be legendaries involved. I was originally going to just figure out a way to add some other legendaries into the plot and involve it in the mod, but I realized that A LOT of people don't like that sort of thing, especially boss battles.
So yeah basically just a mode that takes the difficulty a few steps forward, with new trainers, a really long sidequest involving El's Ditto (you can probably see where thats going ;) ) and probably some more stuff that i'll have to think about.
Obviously though, this mode doesnt really make much sense, because in normal reborn all the legendaries seem to be very inactive. So it's purely there just for a challenge, and to show off legendaries because I did buff them as well ;)