Reborn/Rejuvenation EXTREME Version

The original post of this was super outdated so ill replace the explanation with this link as it is much better explained there

I have started working on Rejuvenation Extreme, and it will be released sometime after v13.

• Upvote 1

• Global Mods

At first I thought this sounded similar to Reborn Hardcore, but it actually sounds pretty different. Sounds like quite a neat idea! The whole "everything is overpowered" thing can make for an interesting dynamic (kinda like 300% smash bros) and can change what's valuable in a pokemon. Because the buffs would be nonlinear and include movesets as well as stats, it would be interesting to train lots of pokemon do experiment and find out which ones were now great, so maybe an early lucky egg and/or exp share would be a good idea because of that? It would be interesting to see which pokemon saw the greatest improvements, having potential in a certain area but not normally having that stats or moves to pull it off.

I think fully removing online is probably a good idea for this.

Edited by DreamblitzX

Btw, if you guys have ideas/suggestions of what buffs i should give to a certain pokemon go ahead and tell me =3 (preferably not in this thread so theres no spoilers)
Who knows, maybe whatever you suggest might have been one i was gonna get stumped on lol.

So i guess i didnt really think of how long its gonna take to go through ~700 pokemon and tweak each and every one of them... Im only up to Spearow so far lmao.

SO. If you would like to help in creating the mons, please PM me with a mon that you have buffed =3 I'll add your forum name to the credits list when the mod is done!

Preferably in this format example:

Pokemon: Venusaur
Stats: 102/82/115/127/125/90
          hp atk def spa spd spe
Abilities: Regenerator/Chlorophyll (You dont have to give the mon a new ability if its abilities already fit it well)
New Level-Up Move Suggestions: Sludge, Giga Drain, Sludge Bomb

And yes, this is actually the Venusaur I've already edited so YAY SPOILERS! Although, i guess i should spoil something every now and then so people know what they are getting into... This is what every mon is gonna be capable of lmao.
But please, if you do submit something make sure it makes at least some sense. I dont wanna see a 250 speed Sceptile just because its fast lol. im saving that for ninjask
Also, please try not to make things that are just in another league of broken... Basically if its not a legendary and its BST is over 750, you're doing something wrong :)

That being said, I'm not normally a fan of NPC's using legendaries, but I think maybe in this mod it would be more acceptable for a few late game NPC's to have a legendary... 
For example: (e16 spoiler)

Spoiler

DJ Arclight might pull out a Zapdos during your battle at Devon or something

In Pokemon Rejuvenation a few late game NPC's have legends on intense mode, and i feel like it actually fit well due to the games difficulty, and i feel like it will fit here too because i have a feeling this is going to be the hardest reborn hack just based on the starters ive done and the ideas ive gotten so far... lol.

But yeah, please give me some feedback if you like these ideas. I'm mostly doing this for my own playthrough but if im gonna put this on the forums when im done with it, I wanna make sure im not being an idiot or something xD.
(Also im adding this to the original post)

On 5/17/2017 at 8:56 PM, Another Retired Shipper said:

600 BST Furret, neat

About 30% into gen 2 and I figured I would give some sneak peeks.

Pokemon: Furret
BaseStats:95,120,85,85,95,135
Abilities: Technician/Infiltrator
HiddenAbility: Forewarn
NewLvUpMoves: Crush Claw, Zen Headbutt, Covet, Thief, Acrobatics

Edited by whomst'd've'n't

Just now, whomst'd've'n't said:

About 30% into gen 2 and I figured I would give some sneak peeks.

Pokemon: Furret
BaseStats:95,120,85,135,85,95
Abilities: Technician/Infiltrator
HiddenAbility: Forewarn
NewLvUpMoves: Crush Claw, Zen Headbutt, Covet, Thief, Acrobatics

Noice, thanks^^

So i guess i should give some updates, I'm currently about halfway done editing gen 3 pokes and gen 1-2 and 5-6 are done.
Also gotta do all the trainers and most encounters still, for encounters i've already went into the game and added my own events in and stuff so thats partially done.
And when all thats done, i gotta test the game and stuff to make sure its even possible to beat, and to make sure i didnt break anything lol.

Overall, I'd say im already about 50% done with this project =]

So i need some feedback, while going through all these pokemon i realized that A LOT of them arent going to be as good as i want them to be solely because of their typings...
Do you guys think that changing their type can be a solution? Or is that going to far... For example: Luxray is ass. I gave it Strong Jaw as i thought it would be a fitting ability, but the only stab move that gets boosted by strong jaw is Thunderfang, and I believe Wild Charge would be better anyways... BUT, if it was Electric/Dark type (like it should be ffs), it could be much much better, dark is a pretty good type and SJ boosted Crunch is nothing to laugh at.
So yeah... Lemme know your guys' thoughts on that because I'm scared that if i did that without saying anything, that i'd get some backlash for going to far lol.

I actually really enjoy it when pokemon get their typings tewked, makes them seem little fresher if that makes sense and its not like the canon games haven't retcon'd typings before so I'm all for it.

Also Electric/Dark type Luxray would be sick

• Global Mods
7 hours ago, whomst'd've'n't said:

So i need some feedback, while going through all these pokemon i realized that A LOT of them arent going to be as good as i want them to be solely because of their typings...
Do you guys think that changing their type can be a solution? Or is that going to far... For example: Luxray is ass. I gave it Strong Jaw as i thought it would be a fitting ability, but the only stab move that gets boosted by strong jaw is Thunderfang, and I believe Wild Charge would be better anyways... BUT, if it was Electric/Dark type (like it should be ffs), it could be much much better, dark is a pretty good type and SJ boosted Crunch is nothing to laugh at.
So yeah... Lemme know your guys' thoughts on that because I'm scared that if i did that without saying anything, that i'd get some backlash for going to far lol.

Type tweaks are good. the ol' drayano romhacks do a few of these like electric/dark luxray and bug/water masquarain (you could have a look at some of those maybe for ideas). Also a question, is this going to make everything (that's fully evolved) a more similar power level, except for certain things like pseudos and legendaries that should be stronger, or is everything getting a boost of a similar size?

On another note, sort of as an address to the part about thunderfang, I wouldn't mind a few tweaks to move powers and effects either. nothing major though.

Will pokemon availability be likely to change at all with the shifts in power level? things that are cut from the current basegame could be more ok to have in this version.

I was gonna ask about TM's but with moveset changes it might not be very necessary, at least for STAB moves.

9 minutes ago, DreamblitzX said:

Type tweaks are good. the ol' drayano romhacks do a few of these like electric/dark luxray and bug/water masquarain (you could have a look at some of those maybe for ideas). Also a question, is this going to make everything (that's fully evolved) a more similar power level, except for certain things like pseudos and legendaries that should be stronger, or is everything getting a boost of a similar size?

On another note, sort of as an address to the part about thunderfang, I wouldn't mind a few tweaks to move powers and effects either. nothing major though.

Will pokemon availability be likely to change at all with the shifts in power level? things that are cut from the current basegame could be more ok to have in this version.

I was gonna ask about TM's but with moveset changes it might not be very necessary, at least for STAB moves.

I'm literally buffing everything to the point where I look at the pokemon and I think "Yep, thats probably Uber material". So yea, Pseudos and legendaries have also got boosts, but of course theres still gonna be mons that are better than others just because of movepool limitations, which im trying my best to fix. I've given many pokemon TM moves in their lv up moveset, and i've also given mons moves that they didnt previously have... which is pretty hard because sometimes to make a mon good, i gotta make a bit of a stretch.

Idk if im going to do move buffs, considering im already 500 mons into the list and i dont really wanna go back and change even more moves.

And as for Pokemon availability, Ive made every non legend pokemon in the game obtainable, although i might make quests for the pixie legends or something.

Edited by whomst'd've'n't

Although it went for a more balenced approach, Blaze Black/Volt White 2 had many changes to abilities, moves, and types (in a few rarer cases--such as serperior getting dragon typing).  The download for the romhack includes a full stylized guide (in the vein of the old official Strategy guides) highlighting the changes, if you want any ideas.

Overall, the idea integers me, although it will have to get in line behind me finally playing Rejuvenation when v9 comes out and Spork.

6 minutes ago, seki108 said:

Overall, the idea integers me, although it will have to get in line behind me finally playing Rejuvenation when v9 comes out and Spork.

Yeah, I'm actually gonna wait until I'm done with my own V9 playthrough and a little longer after that until the hype dies down, and then I'll release this mod (If it's even done by then).
I dont want to get completely overshadowed by V9 lol.

• Global Mods
3 hours ago, seki108 said:

Are you sure it doesn't string or float you? sorry I'll leave except I probably won't

14 minutes ago, DreamblitzX said:

Are you sure it doesn't string or float you? sorry I'll leave except I probably won't

Autocorrecting softwares are some of the biggest trolls.  I'm certainly not deflecting responsibility for not double checking after it.  Certainly not.

how about swampert with          Hp/Attack/defense/sp.atk/sp.def/speed

100      130      100        60     100     90

blissey              255      5          60        90      135     80

metagross        80       140      130        60      120     80

7 hours ago, MetrololAce said:

This is a great idea, but just take a look at what this does to gyms and other key encounters. Buffing weak Pokemon can easily make some teams op thanks to fields and even against legendaries will own.

Yeah but you could say the same for your own team.
There will be many different pokemon available early on, much much more than what reborn currently offers. This is due to how hard this mod is going to be, I needed to buff the availability of reborn city.

5 hours ago, BRS swag said:

how about swampert with          Hp/Attack/defense/sp.atk/sp.def/speed

100      130      100        60     100     90

blissey              255      5          60        90      135     80

metagross        80       140      130        60      120     80

The swampert currently is:
120/140/90/100/90/60
Filter as its Hidden Ability

oh nice. can't the sp.atk and speed be interchanged. swampert is better with physical moves and how about sap sipper as its ability?? grass moves won't even affect it.

the blissey with multiscale

the metagross with huge power