Reborn OU (New Showdown Tier)

Bazaro

There's a new tier on Reborn Showdown called Reborn OU (courtesy of @Swimming95) The tier is virtually identical to Gen 7 OU, but since Smogon's been slow on their OU balancing, we took a few preemptive steps forward:

BANLIST

• Greninja
  • Pheromosa
  • Tapu Lele
  • Metagrossite

Now, there's little point laddering this because being an "unofficial tier" means that it won't sync globally to all of Showdown, but don't let that stop you from enjoying the tier without fearing these obnoxious tyrants of the tier. Enjoy~

We'll keep an eye out for anything else that's ruining the tier, so the banlist is subject to change. Let us know if anything else sticks out as a problem below.

• Upvote 3

VERY interesting. I would love to help in every possible way. I miss having our own tiers a lot.

But if you ask me, the Metagrossite is totally overrated, it does not deserve a ban at all.

And... would a forum vote about wether allowing Pheromosa, Greninja, Tapu Lele, Genesect, Landorus (both forms) and Aegislash or leaving them banned be outside the question? I personally have serious doubts on them being banned.

In a perfect scenario, I would split Ubers for those dudes, for Shadow Tag and Arena Trap, and for anything else we end up having to boot out of Reborn OU, in particular, U-turn that is in my opinion the main reason Pheromosa and Landorus are so annoying and the main reason Shadow Tag and Arena Trap are so potent in this generation. But as long as we get a metagame gets decent, I totally won't complain.

Edited by SJMistery

If we should get rid of one staller, it should be the combination of Eviolite+Chansey. Mega Sableye can be taken down by indirect status like Scald's burns or Sludge Bomb's poison. But Chansey can undo in 1-2 turns all damage caused to the team, and can consistenly make any special attacker unusable. Chansey is even more centralizing than Aegislash, if you think about it.

But I recommend to simply pack your own cleric and a strong wallbreaker that can consistently threaten Sableye, Skamory AND Chansey.

EDIT: and why you MUST  only have to have generation 6 or 7 pokemon? why are things like Defog Empoleon disallowed?

Edited by SJMistery

The thing bout sab is that it prevents hazards up. Unless your sd lando-t/garchomp with rocks or rocks marowak its almost impossible to put up hazards on the other side which is what makes stall almost unbeatable. If hazards can go up in their side as well then they will also be punished for always switching around to their dedicated counters.