Pokemon in Space [IC Chapter #03]

Bfroger6

Sena sighed as he see his friend left them to the source of the sniffing sound, he decide to follow the guy, hopefully finding any pokemon that might lives here. "You coming? We might find something interesting." He calls to Radovan.

Edited by LeonVermillion

"Kalva is currently with me," Taylor tells the person on the other side of the A-comm, following Kalva and Desmond as they walk off.  Taylor doesn't really want to leave yet, but splitting up is a terrible idea.  "Please calm down.  Panic will reduce your effectiveness greatly, and your volume will alert any dangerous humans or Pokemon in the vicinity.  If you are incapable of lowering your voice, I will be forced to block your messages until a safer location is found."

GROUP 1 (EMMANUEL, RADOVAN, SENA)

Radovan attempts to break a branch off at a very specific place but fails to do so as the branch is made of a highly durable and unbendable crystalline structure and he's just a human being.

Meanwhile, as Emmanuel and Sena stray towards the woods, something small and dark grey in hue jumps out from behind some rocks and lands a few paces in front of them.

dungeon1_crystalforestg1_by_ninjacyndaqu

"Booof!!!"

The Poochyena barks at you. It might be aggressive, but you never know.

GROUP 2 (DESMOND, TAYLOR, KALVA)

"I won't believe you until I see he's saf-wait what are you threatening to shut me off!?!?! Who do you think you are talking to your senior officer like this??? I'll have you know I can get your ass kicked out of Space Aether before you even blink! Yes I can do that, and I'll do that unless you take your A-Comm asap and give me a video feed of Kalva!!!" The woman on the other side of the A-Comm yells again. You can hear the frustration and worry in her voice. Her threats sound genuine, but only Kalva knows for sure Gina doesn't have enough authorization to do that. Alas, he's mute and can't tell you.

GROUP 3 (SHELLY, KAI, ANTHONY)

"Right, mhm." Ray mumbles. You can imagine she's nodding right now and taking notes. She then sighs. "Gee, are you still on about the graduation? Girl you've gotta calm down about it, you've graduated, so it's all fine. The official ceremony has been postponed. Also, you're not in the Ather-Net anymore. You're in Nexus #08, a new Main Grid Nexus that had just popped up and that our brilliant techs couldn't predict so this whole mess came to be. And yes I'm referring to you, you shitheaded doughnut-sucking sorry excuse for a high-ranking Space Aether Tech Officer, you should be ashamed of yourself. Oh sorry, there's some poor guy complaining over here." Obviously, that last part doesn't refer to either of you three. "Aaaanyways, you too should chill, Mr.....Dex, correct? I'm supposed to give you intructions until the President arrives at the dispatch site and takes control over the situation so I'll tell you everything that's happened: you faced against our Security Officer, P-AZ, in a mock battle orchestrated by the President to promote the newest revolutionary system Space Aether has been meaning to implement-the Aether-Net. However, when you beat P-AZ, his program glitched out and caused the whole major error-show you witnessed by running some self-destruct sequence. At the same time, Nexus #08 popped up out of nowhere when we tried to extract you from the Net and it totally jammed all our systems and swallowed Micro Grid Preservation Centers 900,445 through 2,080,478, including the outpost we were gonna extract you to that's been linked to the Aether-Net. So you ended up in #08 as a result. Yeah, a major whoopsie on our part."

"IIIII'm just gonna make something clear-we've no clue what kind of Pokemon you may find there and no clue about the environment as well. We're running scans but it'll take a while. For now, you should probably find a safe location, stay put and wait for further instructions."

Emmanuel stepped in and ducked before the pooch. He picked up a crystalline branch with his right hand and asked "Mind helping us out? We'd appreciate it if you can find food for us." Judging from how the Poochyena was smelling things, he could tell that there was food to be found around here, whether it be berries or other preys.

Emmanuel clenched his right hand a bit, ready to parry a sudden Bite attack with the branch should the Poochyena become aggressive.

Radovan walked over to Emmanuel's current position and he saw the poochyena, he also remembered how unbreakable the branch had proven to be, which is why he immediately picked up his A-Comm and said "Requesting immediate assistance, a wild Pokemon has been encountered, it appears to be a Poochyena and the malfunction has left us without any Pokemon, and while I have a rather sturdy branch with me, I feel that if a Pokemon can be defeated by hitting it with a stick, we would have a lot more cadets now wouldn't we? Is it theoretically possible for one of you to use the exact same thing that led us here to get us something usable? An Aetherball or a non wild Pokemon with its Aetherball would be useful, also one of my companions appear to be talking to it while poking it with a stick, I may have to brush up on my dancing skills".

"Emma lower your guard, if you make any sudden move or doing something suspscios it will attack, Radovan don't be fucking ridiculous, don't try to make it angry!" Sena took out something from his pocket, a berry, an Oran Berry to be precise, "here, you can trust us, okay? We just want you to help us on getting out of this glowing Forest." Leon extend his hand to the Poochyena trying to get it's trust.

"I think that I am Space Aether personnel in an unknown and potentially hostile location.  I know that you possess the illogical belief that I value my rank and status above the lives of myself, Desmond, and Kalva.  It is likely that you are emotionally compromised.  Please state your name, rank, and serial number for the record, before placing a superior officer on the line," Taylor replies stoically, "However, I shall not block you at this time, as your volume has decreased to levels that do not raise our odds of being consumed by a local predator."

Radovan simply brings his A-COMM closer to himself and says "Also I find it rude that I have yet to hear your name, but if this device fails to carry the urgency of my tone then I apologize as well, the signal here is spotty at best, but no seriously send help whenever possible, or I shall be forced to attempt to play a game of oh look something interesting is happening over there, with an actually rather cute Poochyena", he then logs of, stares directly at Sena, and says "Rude, do you kiss your mother with that mouth?".

“An entirely new Nexus? That sounds amazing! We get to be the first ones to explore it, then?” Kai shook her arms around in front of her, excited to start what would technically be her first mission as an Aether Cadets. “A whole other world, uncharted. All for us to explore!” Kai fidgeted around with her own A-Comm, looking for something to help her chart her own map.

“Can we go now? I wanna see what’s around here!” Not bothering to get an answer from anyone, Kai already started walking. Kai turned herself around as she spoke, walking backwards towards a direction. “C’mon, waiting around is gonna get you nowhere. Let’s go!” Turning herself back around, Kai continued onward, waiting for the others to follow behind.

"Ah, ok. Yeah, sorry about harping on the graduation...It's just confusing. Alright then." Shelly turned back to the blond and the aristocratic man.

"I suppose we should go then?"

Shelly followed as Kai began to walk in a seemingly random direction. As they walked, Shelly looked around, searching for any possible hills or high ground to try to steer Kai towards. Have a vantage point from which to survey the surrounding landscape might be safest.

Edited by Strider

Kai looked over her shoulder, seeing Shelly moving her head around. “Ya seem a bit high-strung, don’tcha?” Kai spoke to the other girl as she was walking. “Just lookin’ over your shoulder all the time.” The girl gave a toothy smile as she pointed out her actions. “But hey, if you see something, don’t feel too shy to say. Though, is shyness is much of a problem for ya?" Kai stretched her arms out, putting her hands behind her head.

“Hey, I never did get your name. My name’s Karla, but people always call me Kai. What about you? Got any goofy nicknames I can call ya?”

"Oh, I'm just trying to keep an eye on the terrain. They did tell us to look for somewhere safe. I'm mainly looking for high ground." Kai was the girls name? It seemed vaguely familiar, so Shelly posited that she must have previously introduced herself, and Shelly had forgotten or not been paying much attention. Typical.

"Nice to meet you, Kai? Do you actually prefer Kai over Karla? Or do people call you that whether you prefer it or not?" Shelly had had prior experience of the ferocity with which people clung to the nicknames that they were comfortable with calling people...

She tried to recall whether there had been any nicknames from her family and friends in #02 that she had appreciated. She drew a blank. "I'm Shelly. I suppose that if you come up with some nickname, I'll be fine, so long as it isn't insulting or anything." Shelly howeverwas secretly hoping that Kai would fail in this goal.

Kalva rolled his feet nervously. Although the argument didn't seem like it would heat up too much, Kalva never liked any sort of arguments. Last time he... never mind. It was never healthy thinking about it anyway.

Knowing that Gina wouldn't be happy with the stoicness of this peculiar accompany, he took out his own a-comm and sent a textual message through it to Gina see if he could communicate that way.

"hello is anyone their there"

Edited by PigeonOfAstora

The Poochyena growls at Emmanuel as he approaches it and holds a branch. Upon closer inspection, the Pokemon appears wounded-a rather unsightly cut runs down the left side of its body. The wound looks fresh and the Poochyena limps with its left back leg. Maybe that's why it's growling and barking? Well anyways, when it sees Sena holding out an Oran Berry, it sniffs it before gladly sweeping it from his hand, holding it in its snout. It then limps a couple of steps away towards the forest and digs in.

"..." The Poochyena sits down and looks all three young Cadets over from top to bottom. It also keeps looking behind itself as in fear. 

While looking the boys over, it focuses on Emmanuel, specifically the branch in his hands. It still carries a faint purple glow despite having been broken off Lone Star knows how long ago. The Poochyena whines. You see it's trying to get back up to its feet and getting to Emmanuel but it just can't get itself back on that injured hind leg of its.

Radovan's A-Comm buzzes.

"We'd gladly help you but you're the ones that crashed the very system we used to transport you here. We're trying to get it back online but that means running all the backups through the servers and loading the whole P-AZ program up again. Oh, my name's Robert, and the other guy that called you was Terrence. He's currently in the medical wing of the HQ. Wait a second, did you say you encountered a Pokemon? Oh gee, I dunno what to do in this situation.......someone please send help and some doughnuts over heeeeee--------" The transmission ends...

"Why you little..." As Taylor probably expects the woman to start shouting again, she is thankfully interrupted by the message that arrived at her A-Comm. Apparently, with the fixed communication channel having been established, Kalva's message got through. The woman gasps. "Kalva, you're really there! Oh I'm so glad! I don't know what I would've done had something happened to you! I feel totally responsible for this-had we not arranged for you all to be transported to our outpost, you wouldn't have been put in danger! Kalva, please forgive me!"

"Srsly, no comments about the whole process I just described? Sheesh. Oh whatever, just find a safe place to stay until the Prez contacts you."

Kai and Shelly can see a path leading off the clearing, lined with stones strewn around. Somewhere in the distance, through the translucent trees, Shelly can see what appears to be a small hill with a square on top of it, devoid of trees. Their only option would be taking the path. Or maybe jumping into the forest, although that would not be recommended as the crystalline trees have very sharp branches.

Suddenly, however, they hear skittering coming from the clearing they were just on their way of leaving.

Anthony, who hadn't yet gone to follow them, sees three shadows slinking across the ground from one side of the clearing to the other, picking from the ground the one thing all of the kids had purdy much forgotten everything about in the meantime for some reason-the P-AZ Mechamon toy. The shadows grab it and disappear into the forest before Anthony can react.

(OoC: the P-AZ Mechamon is no longer in your possession. Whoops.)

Emmanuel looked at his branch, then back to the pooch, and understood what it wanted. He slid the glowing branch into its easy reach. At a closer glance, its hind leg seemed to cut. "A cut... a slash wound? We have to get outta here. The predator must still be near. I don't want to be mince meat today." He alerted the others. "We should take the Poochyena elsewhere to treat it."

hopefully that should gain its trust...

While watching the Poochyena eating Sena listen to Emmanuel's alert and nodded, "yeah I agree but question... any of you wanna carry the Pooch?" He asked his two new friends.

Edited by LeonVermillion

"I'll carry it." Emmanuel got closer to the Poochyena and grabbed it by the body with his arms, careful not to squeeze the hind legs. The fur was warm, although it reeked of a light smell of dogs. "Man, you are dirty," He joked lightheartedly with a smile. "let's go." He carried the Poochyena back to the main path and moved on.

Kalva quickly replied,

"um its not your fault. we re all safe here too. but how do we get back"

As an afterthought, he typed in a " : ) " emote, just to emphasise the point that everything was alright.

Though he was worried for Quina back at the base, Kalva thought that Gina blamed herself a little too much. He could tell not a single part of this whole thing was Gina's fault.

Perhaps it was something to do with them knocking out PAZ instead of pacifying him?

Edited by PigeonOfAstora

Radovan sighs after watching his teammates attempt to carry the Poochyena "Command be advised my teammates are attempting to carry the Poochyena with them, it appears to be wounded and isn't currently hostile over, and while I understand that material help is unlikely at best, I do hope that you can get that system fixed ASAP over.".

Shelly, oblivious to the recent theft occurring behind her, pressed onwards along the path. She could not tell whether the summit of the hill she saw in the distance cleared the treetops, but the square on top had piqued her curiosity.

"Are you okay with following the path to that hill? We might be able to get a clearer view of the landscape, and there is that weird square thing..."

After waiting for a response, Shelly quickened her pace slightly, heading for the hill.

Edited by Strider

Just as oblivious to the thieft as Shelly, Kai nodded her head in agreement. “Yeah, I bet there’s something cool over there.” Immediately after answering, the girl already ran through the path, not caring for the pace of the girl she was with. As she ran up, she continually turned her head around, hoping to see something in the wilderness around them. “I hope there’s some Pokémon nearby. I wanna see the amazing creatures in this Nexus!”

The Poochyena weakly wags its tail as Emmanuel places the branch next to it. As it grabs it in its snout, the faint glow it radiated strenghtens, enveloping the Pokemon's entire body.

The cut seems to fade before your very eyes, growing shallower. The Pokemon raises to its feet, walks over to Emmanuel and ruffles its fur against the boy's leg, allowing him to carry it.

Music: Won't you come with me?

Upon closer inspection, it seems to be female.

[Emmanuel befriended the Poochyena!]

[Do you want to give it a nickname?]

There are no more broken branches around you.

The A-Comm is unresponsive.

As the group proceeds down the main path, they encounter no problems.

Thick forest of luminescent trees surrounds the path. After a short while of walking, they come to a fork in the road.

Further down the left path, they can hear dozens of little skittering steps, while there's no indication of any events occuring down the right path. The Poochyena is calm for now, resting in Emmanuel's arms.

Until a set of faraway angry cries coming from the left trigger it and she raises her ears in alert.

"Boof!"

As everyone's busy with the A-Comm argument with the feisty Gina, except Desmond, only Desmond notices something off...

Like some skittering and three pairs of watchful eyes burning themselves into the back of his head...

Chills run down his spine...unsure whether he should turn around and face the horror or not.....................

Music: Atmosphere - Watchful Eyes

Gina takes a breath to say something, when she suddenly audibly gags.

"Kalva..." Gina yelps, basically a whisper over the A-Comm. "Watch out, we're reading several life signs nearby..behind you all..."

Chills run down everyone's spines. You can feel the hungry eyes filled with hatred. What horrific Pokemon do they belong to? Something scary...

REALLY SCARR-

"Pat. Rat."

You hear an commanding cry coming from behind you. As the party turns to face the Pokemon, startled by this sound, the cry turns into a chant...several different Pokemon at the same time...getting faster...and faster until only their cries can be heard. Their vicious, murderous cries.

patratevent_by_ninjacyndaquil-db1f6r6.jp

"Patratpatratpatrapatratpatrat!!!"

Oh boy, they're Patrat... What should you do? They glare at you...and you know how territorial these rodents are. There's probably dozens of them hiding in the woods ready to jump you and tear you limb by limb...

As Anthony approaches the site of Mecha Paz's kidnapping, he suddenly trips up and falls down on his face. Something grabbed his leg.

When he looks behind himself to see what it is, he's met with two pairs of gleaming, emotionless eyes.

sableye_by_ninjacyndaquil-db1f8lv.jpg

Music: Atmosphere - Watchful Eyes

The Sableye look at one another and grin without making a noise. They focus their attention on the defenseless Anthony on the ground, their sharp talon-like claws twitching and crackling...

Meanwhile, the path Kai and Shelly follow turns left. They reckon they could reach the hill if they continued following it. However, somewhere from that direction, they hear a bark...

Edited by Bfroger6

"We must run," Taylor informs his companions, "Patrat are extremely territorial, but they are unlikely to pursue us beyond their claimed area."  He then follows his own advice.