Pokemon in Space [IC Chapter #03]

Bfroger6

Emmanuel recomposed himself, getting a hold of the situation with the information his A-Comm was feeding him. The strange specter who bore a striking similarity with Uno... She was most notably weaker on the Defense side, but her Aqua Tail would be able to KO everyone's Pokemon in one hit, including Nicaea who would resist it!

And of course, that meant that he had to mount an offense with Poochy before things spiral completely out of control. He sideeyed the chief for a split second, before beginning to carry out his plans.

"Your vendetta has nothing to do with those two. Let them go, now!" Emmanuel shouted, affirming his position. "Poochy, use Bite and drag her down!"

With a valiant ruff, Poochy dashed forward, approaching the ghost girl from the side and leaping to sink her jaws into the ghost girl's waist.

Bite (6963 Atk Value) on Ghost Girl.

Radovan let out a loud annoyed grunt as he recalled his Sableye into it's Aetherball, "Never a dull moment in this job huh?," he stated as he summoned and literally tried to throw his Larvitar in the Ghost Girl's path and shouted, "Larvitar! Cover her vision, and the Chief's retreat with SANDSTORM now!."

#04 TOWN - FESTIVAL NIGHT

EMMANUEL, RADOVAN, CATHODE & SENA

*+Chief, Rubia, Zeta, Ghost Girl?, Leader*

:::RESOLUTION:::

Suzie's Curse

Suzie's Attack and Defense rose!

Suzie's Speed fell!

Turn order has changed!

As the Ghost Girl leaps to attack the Chief, Sena starts squirming, successfully calling Verna out. The little bat Pokemon is squeezed between Sena and the Ghost Girl so when she Screeches, Sena would have to cover his ears lest he risk suffering temporary hearing impairment as a result of the attack's proximity.

Verna's Screech: 89 - no effect

However, Verna is unable to let out a sound fast enough, as the Ghost Girl is moving too fast. Verna is thus pushed into the Ghost Girl's body, unable to properly execute the Screech.

However, as the Ghost Girl's distracted and only moving in a straight line towards the Chief, she doesn't manage to react to Poochy jumping at her from the side in time.

Poochy's Bite (6963 Atk Value) on Ghost Girl

No miss

Crit: 86 no crit

Flinch: 93 no flinch

The Ghost Girl takes 145 damage!

"AAARGH-!" The Ghost Girl yelps in pain as Poochy bites hard into the side of her torso, pushing her attack trajectory slightly towards the side. The Chief grits his teeth and braces his arm for impact with her leg. A cracking sound is heard as he uses the arm to push himself against the attack and to the side, as suddenly a Sandstorm starts brewing over the entire battlefield, impairing everyone's vision. The Chief falls off the stairs and into the forest around you, as the Ghost Girl falls over the other side of the stairs, also into the forest.

The Sandstorm is raging!

The Ghost Girl takes ??? damage.

Poochy takes 5 damage.

Verna takes 5 damage.

Ghost Girl's Fountain of Life activates!

The Ghost Girl recovers ??? HP.

BattleScreen by ninjacyndaquil

Ghost Girl? (♀), Lv: 20

HP: ####################

ATK: 120

DEF: 48

SP.ATK: 90

SP.DEF: 184

SPE: 108

Nature: Gentle (+SpD/-Def)

Ability: Fountain of Life, ---

EP: ---

Moves: Aqua Tail (19,440 Atk Value), ---

Turn order: Ghost Girl? -> Verna -> Larvitar -> Suzie -> Poochy

Player Pokemon Status

Suzie (85/85), Atk +1, Def +2, SpD +1 (sandstorm), Spe -1

Larvitar (117/117), SpD +1 (sandstorm)

Poochy (75/80)

Verna (80/85)

:::COMBAT PHASE PAUSES:::

As they fall on the ground next to the stairs, Sena and Leader are momentarily released from the Ghost Girl's grasp. Sena finds himself laying next to the Ghost Girl, with Verna flying next to him and Leader unconscious on the other side of the monstrous woman. Poochy is next to Leader and closer to the stairs and the rest of the party. The Sanstorm makes it difficult to make out more than the silhuettes of his friends up on the crumbling stairs, destroyed by Suzie's Rock Tombs. The Ghost Girl grunts painfully on the ground as a wave of warmth washes over her, easing up some of her injuries. Sena has a moment to escape from the Ghost Girl, but there's no way for him to pick Leader's unconscious body up and escape fast enough. If he wants to escape, he's gonna have to leave Leader behind.

What will Sena do?

1. Escape and rejoin the party?

2. Stay with Leader to protect her?

The Ghost Girl seems to be recuperating from her crash landing and failed attack, also being attacked successfully by Poochy. The rest of the party can either go check what happened to the Chief, since he most likely requires medical attention, or continue fighting the Ghost Girl. Splitting up is also an option, so several people can go check Chief out while the others attack the Ghost Girl.

Among Cathode, Emmanuel and Radovan, what will each of them decide to do?

1. Assess the Chief's condition?

2. Continue fighting the Ghost Girl and rescue Sena?

Not wasting anymore time, Emmanuel gave chase to the fallen Ghost Girl, bracing himself through the raging sandstorm kicked up by Radovan's Larvitar.

"Sena, get away from there! I'll buy you a bit more time!" He shouted, as he swiped Poochy back into his arms - and then, continued his assault, by launching her right into the Ghost Girl.

Poochy would then pin the Ghost Girl down on the ground with her fangs, ruffing as she tightened her bite.

Technician Lv. 1 (+Priority), Poochy uses Bite (6963 Atk Value) on Ghost Girl.

"Sorry, Em! Leader safety comes first. Just keep that woman occupied!" Said Sena, who is now trying to wake up the Chief, he did accept her request to find the ghost girl well... albeit forcefully "C'mon chief wake up! Look she's here right now!"

she's not waking up! dammit I have to buy some more time until she wakes up.

"Alright I ain't going to let her ecape! Let's use this sandstorm to our advantage! Gust on ghost girl face!" Verna nodded, she flew in front of the ghost girl and flapping her wing creating some wind which is blowing the sands the ghost girl with Sena cover his face from the Verna's gust combined sandstorm.

• 2 weeks later...

Radovan decided that the if the chief was half the man everyone else claimed him to be, then he could take very good care of himself for now, which is why he seemingly callously ordered his Larvitar to, "Larvitar! Get in close and use Screech on the Girl!," as part of the impromptu three pronged offensive that Sena, Radovan, and Emma seemed to be in the process of cooking up, since let's face it, it's going to be hard for her to attack anyone with a face and area full of sand, and ringing ears.

Cathode was about to run towards the chef, but Emm beat her to it, and judging too many people clustered near the target would put them in a disadvantage, she opted to stand her ground and go on the offensive.   Poocy seemed to have a good momentum during his current attack, so he should use it to get away from her pretty fast.

Which lead to her next decision:  
"Nice Poochy and Larvitar, but you better get away from there!  Suzie use Rock Tomb on her now that shes down!"

The empowered serpent proceeded to do just that, while also seemingly roaring at Poochy to jump off the fallen target.

EMMANUEL, RADOVAN, CATHODE & SENA

*+Chief, Rubia, Zeta, Ghost Girl?, Leader*

:::RESOLUTION:::

Emmanuel and Poochy wasted no second to continue the assault on the Ghost Girl. With Emmanuel's quick thinking, Poochy, thrown at the Ghost Girl, managed to act before the Ghost Girl could react, once again biting hard into her torso.

Poochy's Bite (6963 Atk Value) on Ghost Girl

No miss

Crit: 14 no crit

Flinch: 11 FLINCH

The Ghost Girl takes 145 damage!

The Ghost Girl has flinched!

The Ghost Girl screams and trashes as the intense pain cuts through her body. She's too shocked to act, giving the others a chance to continue beating down on her.

Verna starts blowing the sand at the Ghost Girl with her Gust attack. However, the winds blown up would also strike Poochy.

Verna's Gust (4172 SpA Value) on Ghost Girl and Poochy

Sandstorm combo - the attack with reduce the targets' Accuracy (30% chance)

No miss

Crit: 19 no crit

Accuracy drop (Ghost Girl): 40 no accuracy drop

Accuracy drop (Poochy): 91 no accuracy drop

The Ghost Girl takes 22 damage!

Poochy takes 126 damage!

Poochy has fainted!

Verna's Gust creates a small tornado blowing sand at the Ghost Girl. However, as the Sandstorm rages, the winds hit Poochy as well, blowing her off the Ghost Girl's body and unconcious on the ground next to her.

Next, Larvitar jumps up and Screeches at the Ghost Girl.

Larvitar's Screech on Ghost Girl

Miss: 59 no miss

Ghost Girl's Defense harshly fell!

Suzie wouldn't have to roar at Poochy as the unlucky pupper had already been blown away from the Ghost Girl's body by Verna's attack. She'd be able to cover the Ghost Girl with rocks without a hitch.

Suzie's Rock Tomb (9153 Atk Value) on Ghost Girl

Miss: 21 no miss

Crit: 27 no crit

The Ghost Girl takes 381 damage!

The Ghost Girl has fainted!

With the rocks tumbling down upon her, the Ghost Girl can only hopelessly watch as she's crushed by them. Emmanuel, Radovan, Cathode and Sena all see a bright red light flash from underneath the rocks as they thumble down to the ground, as if the Ghost Girl's body has simply vanished from under them. Moving the rocks would reveal what appears to be a bright red, translucent looking Shard.

:::COMBAT RESOLVED:::

Verna has gained 140 Exp!

Larvitar has gained 140 Exp!

Suzie has gained 140 Exp!

Poochy has gained 70 Exp!

Sableye has gained 50 Exp!

Sena has gained 55 EP!

Radovan has gained 45 EP!

Cathode has gained 55 EP!

Emmanuel has gained 45 EP!

The party received Ruby Shard!

Sena has gained 5 EP for failing to run away from the Ghost Girl.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Zeta and Rubia aren't coming your way. You should probably check out whether they're with Chief on the other side of the crumbled stairway. Leader in unconcious and is gonna have a lot of explaining to do once you get her somewhere safe and tend to her wounds. It'll be up to Sena to reveal how much, or how little, he's pieced together about her from their short-lived interaction.

Radovan did what he thought anyone else would do in this situation really. He stopped to take a couple of deep breaths to keep himself from having a heart attack or something as the shifting sands settled, and he returned his Larvitar to it's pokeball before he punched Sena hard on the shoulder, "You've got some explaining to do young man, everyone was busy being worried sick about you while Uno was actually being sick, never disappear on us like that again!," he said in his best old grandmother impression.

He then smirked a little at Sena as he started to take a couple of steps towards the weird girl that had attacked them earlier, "But really though, it's good to have you back, but try not to get kidnapped while investigating a missing person' case next time, or maybe do, I don't really care; just don't make a habit of it."

He mumbled a bit to himself as he stood over the fallen leader, something to do about, "Not knowing just what to do with you," before he let out a slight laugh, and mimed pulling out some cuffs to mime binding her hands behind her back with, and picked up his opponent and went home, or well, went to check up on the chief.

"ahahaha ouch. that hurt ya know." Said Sena painfully as he rub his shoulder that was punched by Radovan. He then looked at all of his friend faces, whatever the case, he did made his friend worried since he was carried by the ghost girl. "yeah sorry for making all of you worried, no worries though, I'm fine... I think." without missing a beat he looked at the Ghost Girl. He wonders about the girls origin, her connection to both Leader and Uno, but suddenly he remember one thing. Somthing he almost forgotten.

Frogadier

is he safe? that is all Sena could think about, right now. "uhhh sorry guys I have another important thing to do!" after he says that, Sena rushes back to the abandoned aquarium. "I'll explain about what I know later!" Said Sena as he run leaving his friends follwed by Verna who was still flying around.

Emmanuel hastily ran to Poochy's aid, recalling her back into her ball. A bit stunned and a bit startled, he watched wordlessly as Sena ran back up from where the Ghost Girl had come from.

He had but a sigh. "Same here," he uttered to Sena. Everyone had their own priorities, after all. And so he hurried down the aquarium hill, rushing to a nearby center to treat Poochy's wounds. "I'll need a moment for Poochy. See you later," was what he told Cathode.

• 2 weeks later...

[Sena and Emmanuel have left the scene]

RADOVAN & CATHODE

*+Chief, Rubia, Zeta, Leader*

Sena and Emmanuel each rush their own way while Radovan goes to check on the Chief. On the other side of the rubble that was a staircase up the island hill just moments ago, he finds Rubia and Zeta kneeling over Chief. Zeta and Rubia turn their heads toward Radovan and Zeta runs up to him. "Radovan, have you neutralized the threat?" Rubia interrupts as Zeta hugs him.

Radovan hears a grunt coming from the Chief as he pushes himself up with one arm. The other arm flails limply by his side, bloodied and bruised. It looks to be crushed almost completely. "Go to the town to report to any active Space Aether officials you can find. Take the girl with you, she'll be taken into custody." He says, standing up.

"Radovan, where are the others?" Zeta calls out to him suddenly. "And the ghost lady?"

Sudden exhaustion washes over Radovan and Cathode...

They fall to the ground unconcious.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

#04 OLD AQUARIUM

SENA

*+Frogadier*

Sena runs up to the Aquarium. The pain in his burned cheeks and nose has been growing more unbearable with each step he takes, but he manages to get to the Old Aquarium. There, he finds the Frogadier laying on the ground, with visible burn marks on its head and limbs. It's barely conscious and looks towards him as he approaches, but it cannot stand up.

Exhaustion washes over Sena...

He falls to the ground next to Frogadier, unconsious.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

EMMANUEL

Emmanuel rushes over to an active Space Aether station where he can heal his Pokemon. The crowd gathered in the town seems to have developed into a sort of dazed mob, probably from the drinks and from the lightshow that had been visible from the Aquarium and the hill, a lightshow Emmanuel took part in.

"The Ghost Girl, it was the Ghost Girl!"

"She's going to take us all!"

"I shouldn't have come here for the festival, I'm leaving tomorrow-"

He hears the people around him, but ultimately safely reaches the Station. Exhaustion washes over him...

...and he falls asleep at a chair at the Station, waiting for Poochy to be taken care of.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#04 TOWN - UNO'S RESIDENCE

Cathode, Emmanuel, Radovan and Sena wake up. Cathode wakes up in the women's chambers while the boys wake up in the room prepared to them by Uno when they arrived.

"Good morning, Cathode." A smile greets her as she wakes. It's Zeta, kneeling cross-legged by the futon. "Uno taught me how to sit like this! It's a tra- tradition here." She says in a happy and proud voice. Next to Zeta, Cathode's daily clothes and belongings are neatly placed. She can take them if she wishes and descend down into the living rooms and the kitchen with Zeta. She feels like she's starving!

The boys wake up with their belongings next to their futons. They also feel very hungry.

However, in Sena's case, his A-Comm is missing. The only things next to his futon are his one Aether Ball and his daily clothes. There's no sign of the Frogadier.

The clock on the A-Comm tells you all it's 14:30, or 2:30 pm. You seem to have overslept by a mile! You can't even remember the last time you slept this much, but you feel reinvigorated. Why you all fell unconcious is still a mystery though. Might just have been from the fighting, but it was still strange.

[Everyone descends into the kitchen.]

---

"Good morning." Uno greets you in an apron. A wafting smell of home-cooking reaches your noses, salivating your mouths. You notice Uno's apron to be quite dirty from fresh food stains, but more importantly, she seems as fit as ever! "I tried cooking, but I just couldn't do it, so I arranged for some help.."

Background by ninjacyndaquil

"Oh shut it."

"Hey guys!"

Two head peek in from the kitchen-Betani and Jenny. They seem to be busy preparing the food.

"This is the last time I do something like this for you, are we clear?" Betani points a spatula at Uno, a slight blush on her face, and Uno just smiles. "I am truly grateful. Without these two, I don't know what I would've done!" She says.

Zeta observes them with a smile on her face.

But the only thing on your mind is still food.

---

[Lunchtime]

---

You're dining, sitting on soft pillows around a really short table. The food is very good, a testament to either Betani's or Jenny's proficiency? Maybe both? Do you dare ask?

Either way, lunchtime is as good a time as any to demand some answers.

[What will you ask?]

Radovan didn't ask too many questions as everyone had their...was it even brunch by this point?; simply relishing the meal and the opportunity to actually rest after a very long day. As the meal itself drew to a close he finally started to wonder what happened the other night, and he awkwardly glanced at Zeta before he asked, "So...are Chief and Rubia alright? I think I kind of...passed out for no apparent reason back then."

Emmanuel muttered something beneath his breath, as he finished up his meal. He felt like he was dreaming. Maybe it was because of the food, which tasted like heaven. Or maybe it was because he couldn't believe everything else he was seeing, especially Uno, who apparently got healthy again all the sudden.

"Uno, you look fine again. What happened?" He asked, curious about her condition.

• 1 month later...

#04 TOWN - UNO'S RESIDENCE

*+Zeta, Uno, Betani, Jenny*

Music: Curiosity of an innocent star

Background by ninjacyndaquil

"The Fhief and Rubia are fine, yesh!" Zeta spoke up with her mouth full as Radovan asked the question. She gulps down with a smile on her face and continues. "The Chief had to go to a hospital though. His arm was broken or something. He didn't seem too worried, but we definitely were! Both for him and for you!"

"You've scared us all." Uno adds, nudging Betani, who seemed unwilling to say anything. Jenny nods enthusiastically too.

"However, to answer your question..."

Music: Utopia

"Honestly, I was fine on my feet before you've returned yesterday. My strength returned to me all of a sudden, as if it had never gone in the first place. I cannot say I understand, but... Could it have anything to do with that other me I've heard about? The Ghost Dancer who's kidnapping people?"

Uno's words turn the atmosphere sour. Her calm voice never wavered as she spoke, bringing about a calmer mood at the table. Everyone had to turn to the tall woman, her blue hair hanging downards as she directed her eyes towards the crossed legs in her lap.

Suddenly, Betani's hand finds itself on Uno's knee. "Don't speak of what you're about to speak of." She says harshly, but Uno shakes her head.

"If it's posing a danger to others, then I must. If the Ghost Dancer is in any way connected to me and my past, then I-" Uno is interruped as Betani suddenly stands up from the table, nearly flipping over the plates over at the side where she'd been sitting.

"FATHER SAID NO! SO SHUT UP ALREADY!" She starts to walk away as Uno stands up as well in shock, fingers intertwined over her stomach. "I never should've come here." She adds, closing the sliding door behind herself.

"B-betani!" Uno runs after her, disappearing out of the mansion.

---

"T-that didn't turn out all that wellll.................." Jenny says as she picks up your plates. You'd returned to the mansion after your search for the two adopted sisters yielded no results. You'd finished your lunch or not, but it was time for some cleaning. Jenny vounteered to take that duty upon herself and was currently washing the dishes.

The sun will set soon, but you've heard the festival was going to be cancelled for the year. The Ghost Girl, even if she'd been defeated, had completely soured it for everyone... People have lost loved ones to her kidnappings and were afraid after the battle that occured just on the prior night. After all, the Ghost Girl had nearly killed the Chief, everyone already knew that in town.

Your A-Comms suddenly start beeping. You pick them up and it's Ray.

"Cadets, good evening. I trust you're fine." Her voice is perky and she winks at you from the hologram. However, noticing your expressions, she quickly grows awkward, realizing she'd said too much too soon. "O-o-or not, I suppose. Well, you're in good health from the readings I have here, so..... well, this is difficult... You guys have been appointed a new mission. Oh this is gonna be so difficult...... You're to try and lure the Ghost Girl again. With Sena as bait. The President approved of this... sorry... it's beyond me." She looks away on her hologram. You can infer from her slouched back and a long sigh that she's not okay with this. "Please read the following..."

[NEW MAIL (1)]

[New Mission Acquired]

[CAPTURE THE GHOST GIRL - from Chief]

Chief: /We don't know the status of the Ghost Girl. If my doubts are correct, then she's- no, it's not gone yet. Not completely. Since I'm out of commission, and we know she wants Sena, your orders are to recreate the situation from yesterday. Sena is to split off from the group together with former Cadet Student Rita, who we've been informed Sena should recognize as the girl going by the name of 'Leader'. Meet with Space Aether Cadet staff in front of the Tri residence to take former Cadet Student Rita in your custody. Do NOT remove her constraints, as her Pokemon and A-Comm have been untraceable since yesterday night. She might have a trick up her sleeve. Sena will escort her towards the Acquarium, which has been evacuated. The two of them are to wait there until the Ghost Girl appears, then Sena is to hold her off until the rest of you arrive at the scene and capture her ALIVE. Defeating her would only cause her to dissapear again and we'd have to repeat the process. Not to mention you would be punished for failure to comply with your orders.

Sena will also receive an Aether Ball containing a fighting-fit Pokemon inside. He should be familiar with the Pokemon in question and will use it to hold the Ghost Girl off on his own, even if it has to fight beyond its limits. It's been equipped specially for this purpose. Additionally, the Aether Ball will only unlock once the Ghost Girl's readings have been recorded in HQ.

The safety of the people of the Wailuda Triangle is your top priority. The Acquarium and the streets will be evacuated, but we're talking long-term here. If the Ghost Girl escapes this encounter, the entire Nexus will be in danger. Remember that./

[NO NEW MAIL]

---

The mission description leaves you speechless. A knock can be heard at the door-must be the Cadets arriving with Lead- no, Rita. Her name is Rita. And a Pokemon for Sena... Which Pokemon is it?

"I don't understand! Why did Betani and Uno leave? What does this mission thing say? Guys?"

[You should probably answer the door...]

[What will you do?]

“Well... this situation is quite chaotic...” Said Sena while he’s swiping the floor of the mansion, his injury seems to have healed as he was able to help the other cadets on searching for the two adoptive sisters.

As he continue doing his chores, the other cadet’s A-comm started beeping, without missing a beat he decide to see the hologram from the other cadets. Hopefully this is a good news. Ray show up as a hologram, giving the cadets an awkward greeting and a new mission for them. Baiting the Ghost Girl with him as the bait.

“Alright... I really hate doing these kind of chores but I will do and this time, I will try my best not to be a burden like last night.” As he clench his fist, first thing first, he need to meet Rita. Even thought he barely remember what happen last night when falls asleep, he knows what pokemon, Rita brings for him. As he was ready to open the door, Rita and the other cadets already arrived at the other side of the door. Without any doubt Sena open the door for her.

#04 TOWN - UNO'S RESIDENCE

*+Zeta, Jenny, Rita, 2 Cadets...*

Music: Utopia

Sena opens the door.

01 RitasReturn by ninjacyndaquil

Before him stands Rita, the short dark skinned girl who broke his A-Comm and made put him in danger just so she could meet the Ghost Girl. But gone is he perky attitude, as two stern Cadets stand on both her sides, keeping close watch at all she does. Her hands are tied behind her back and her head is pointed towards her feet. They must've put her into custody since she was captured yesterday. After all, from what Sena could infer, she was a runaway student... or something.

"S-sena?" Her eyes brighten as she sees him, but her lips don't form a smile. Her expression remains worried as she bites her lip and looks away from him, turning her whole body in the opposite direction so that Sena was now facing her back. Her body shakes a little to what Sena can assume is the rhythm of her sobbing quitely. She seems to be embarrassed to show it.

The Cadets escorting her approach Sena, handing him an Aether Ball and a brand new A-Comm. "You will need this to fight the Ghost Girl. We will leave Former Cadet Student Rita in your care as per Chief's orders." They salute you before marching away without a word, and you're left with only Rita, whose spirits are uncharacteristically low.

It will soon be time to leave, so you have but a moment to speak with her...

[What do you say to Rita?]

“I’m still a part timer working under you, Leader. Soooo lead the way, we still have the makeshift stage we made for her in that aquarium.” He pats her right shoulder. “I will help you meet the ghost girl.”

#04 TOWN - UNO'S RESIDENCE

*+Zeta, Jenny, Rita*

01 RitasReturn by ninjacyndaquil

Her back straightens when Sena puts his hand on her shoulder, most likely out of surprise. She remains standing calmly for a couple seconds before using her shoulder to rub her face into her collar, drying off the tears before turning to Sena with a small but determined smile on her face. She nods. "Thank you, Sena, I knew I could count on you!"

[Sena's bond with Rita has leveled up to ☆☆!]

-Leader can now use Trickster lv 2-

-forces an additional Hit/Crit/Effect roll on an action taken by a target afflicted by a status condition, picking the result(s) of the user's choosing-

---

Rita looks at the rest of the party almost apologetically, but seems to change her mind at the last moment. "I have further details on the plan. You guys need to stay a good distance away from us once we go lure the Ghost Girl. Else you'll be ruining our shots at getting her to appear. That's why Sena got this new Pokemon to fight the Ghost Girl with. So he could buy time for you to get to us from your hiding spot." She says with a strong voice, the role of Leader reawakening within her. "Get ready so that we can move out as soon as possible, the Acquarium is still a ways off."

-------------------------------------------------------

#04 OUTSKIRTS - The crushed stairway

*+Zeta, Rita*

[Night is slowly falling...]

Jenny left you on your way towards the Acquarium. She said she wasn't a Cadet anyways so she was gonna get in the way. Either way, you've made your way to the staircase on the road where last night's battle took place. The area around the stairs has been isolated by blockades like one would expect at a crime scene. Rita made her way up by the rubble of the stairs before turning towards the party. "You should stay here. It's close enough to the Acquarium but not too close. The Ghost Girl should feel safe enough to attack with you this far off. She'll think she has enough time to capture me and Sena." She nods confidently before continuing. You feel how odd it is to follow the orders of someone who is obviously bound and had been stripped of her Cadet education because of unknown reasons. She wasn't official Space Aether personnel anymore, yet she pretended to lead this expedition.

"Be on guard, your A-Comms should go off once it's time to come support the two of us. Any questions before we start?"

[Do you agree to Rita's terms or will you protest?]

Chief's message did not sit well with Emmanuel at all, even though he knew this would have to be done for the safety of the entire nexus. Perhaps it was because he felt threatened, for the first time. Or perhaps it was because that he had to rely on Rita, who obviously had plans of her own - evident from the events that took place last night.

But he wasn't exactly in a position to protest either. He didn't have a better plan. And so he sighed and nodded.

Radovan simply made sure to pay close attention to where Rita's hands were whenever possible as he listened to 'the plan' and nodded, chances were high that this could all go horribly wrong anyway, but he was quite sure that Sena wouldn't let his A-Comm get broken like last time, and that they should be able to arrive at a reasonable amount of time.

Cathode, who had partly reverted to her past silent self  after that whole incident,  mulling about the happenings, and trying to make some sense out of them,  could only nod,  feeling that she was more deprived of  good options, than the one who was bound and deprived of freedom.  She ran a finger over Suzie's ball, as a way to calm herself and mentally prepare for what was to come.

Sena nodded with Rita’s plan and her orders. He already experienced her leadership firsthand so he could trust her, and also because he, like everybody else knows that there is no better option available.

He took a deep breath, trying to collect himself. I can do it, this time... for sure...

SENA

#04 OLD ACQUARIUM

*+Rita, Ghost Girl*

Music: Boundary of human desire

As Sena and Rita arrive at the Acquarium, all is silent. The wrecked acquarium is eerily silent and one could easily disregard the signs of yesterday's chase between Sena and the Ghost Girl as mere ages old damage from 10 years ago. However, to Sena, the cracks in the floor and the remains of the spikes sticking out of them are a sore reminded to his defeat, and the disappearance of Frogadier. The Aether Ball weighs heavy in his hand... It wouldn't open to him yet. Not until they confront the Ghost Girl. But then which Pokemon will emerge? Frogadier? Was it captured yesterday?

Sena's A-Comm buzzes. It's Ray.

"Sena, all's clear on the radars. There're no civilians around so you should be able to let loose against her. We'll be monitoring your situation and assessing the Ghost Girl's data as you fight her. That should give us a clearer insight into her statistics and abilities. From what we know, she acts as a human, but her composition is energy-based, so she's physically more similiar to a Pokemon. That's why she can use Pokemon moves. Her energy signature is water but we've found traces of ground type energy in the area as well. When you fought her, it seems she'd also used some ground type moves. The moves she used.... we have no data on them in the computer, but they appear to be extremely powerful moves... Be careful and stay in touch."

[The call ends.]

Left in the silence, Sena notices Rita's smile. "We'll do it this time, I'm sure. I just need to... Motor, where are you?" She whispers the last part, but it's audible enough for Sena to hear. "Psst, Dolly, I'm here... We'll talk to mama finally. So come out."

As if on cue, Sena sees two Pokemon emerge from the rubble. Or well.... one Pokemon and a floating A-Comm, colored red. It's Rita's Shuppet, Dolly, and err...

"Motor, Dolly, you're here!" Rita brightens up. As the floating A-Comm approaches, Sena can see a holographic projection of a Rotom's face over it. It floats over to behind Rita and, after a couple moments, her restraints click and fall to the ground. "There, that should gives us a better chance to fight off anyone who tries to get in our way." She snickers, like a child preparing a big prank.

Sena might try to reach for his A-Comm, but the signal has been cut. It must be Motor's jamming. Rita...Leader... she was in control of the situation again, and his friends weren't close enough to reach them before she does whatever she was planning on doing.

"Sena." Rita starts circling around him, Dolly and Motor floating behind her back. "Remember 10 years ago, at this Acquarium? We survived, but a lot of people didn't. My... mom didn't survive. But the Ghost Girl, the Ghost Girl is bringing everyone who's survived that event to come rejoin with their loved ones! She's one of us, one who lost a lot on that day, so she understands our pain. I know, because I checked the databases with Motor's help. Every disappearance so far has been linked to the destruction of the Acquarium. She'll come for us, and she'll take us to meet our families again. I need her to help me bring mama back." She stops as you hear another set of steps approaching from the stage you built the previous night.

"She's here!"

background_by_ninjacyndaquil-dcs2pzw.png

"Sena, Rita." The Ghost Girl speaks. However, she is not alone. Behind her, laying on the stage, Sena can see the frame of Uno's unconcious body. The two women are identical, save for their clothing.

"I have come for you. Will you join me willingly or must we fight again?" Her demeanour is calm. It seems she will only fight if you so choose.

"I'm going willingly! You're a ghost, so you can help me meet my mama!" Rita excitedly runs up towards the Ghost Girl. She looks at Sena with her beaming eyes saying 'come on, let's go'. However, Sena can feel the Aether Ball in his hand buzzing a couple of times. It must've been powered on.

[Rita's hand is outstreched to Sena.]

a. Take her hand and join the Ghost Girl.

b. Open the Aether Ball and fight the two of them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#04 OUTSKIRTS - The crushed stairway

*+Zeta*

Some time passed after Sena and Rita have left. They must've reached the Acquarium by now, so your job is to lay down and wait for the HQ's signal. However, as more time passes, something feels wrong. As if on cue, your A-Comms buzz on. It's Ray.

"Guys, emergency! We've lost contact with Sena's A-Comm. I-Iunno why, it's like yesterday, something's jamming the signal. Please hurry over to the Acquarium!"

“Alright thanks for heads up, Ray.” said Sena as he close the A-comm. So she’s basically a water ground type pokemon? Damn... if only Emmanuel was here, otherwise fighting the ghost girl would be a lot easier. Without missing a beat, Sena decide to check around the place, while Rita called her two pokemon, Dolly the shuppet and Motor the... Rotom? A rotom A-comm, neat.

And it somehow jam Sena’s A-comm signal. “errr Leader? Can you ask Rotom to stop the radar jamming?” The girl seems to refused his request.

“What are you thinking?!” Sena angrily ask. Without missing a beat, the girl began to circling him, telling him a bit about her past. She actually have the background with him, the same pain. So this is why want to meet the Ghost Girl.

The Ghost Girl appeared, and this time is a bit more benevolent, reaching Sena with her hand that is similar to Uno. Telling him to join her.

She would be able to revive anyone...? Even mom and dad? No... that is not possible, There is no one with a power to bring back the death to the living... nor they should, but it’s them we’re talking about... wouldn’t we want to see them again? Is this what they want? Reviving them? What would they say?

Will they be happy?

Or disappointed...?

Sena began to reminiscent his childhood, that happy time with his parent, his everyday life, his birthday... everything. He come up with a realization

no they...

they don’t want this. This is madness. A total madness. I know they would not agree with this whole shenanigan, and because of that... I...

“I want...

to meet them...

to see them...

to tell them how much I miss them...

but...

This is not right... this is not what they want... this is not what I want, Leader.” Sena pop up both of his aether ball, the mysterious pokemon would probably appeared in front of him. While Verna as adorable as she looks tried to put up an angry face flying beside Sena not letting her guard down. “I already told you that I will do this right, but this time, not just for me who has been affected by that incident, but for you and anybody else. I will not hesitate, Ghost Girl, I swear, I will take you down.”