Pokemon in Space [IC Chapter #03]

Bfroger6

(OOC: So... a lot of stuff went down and I couldn't really get this when I wanted to. It's not like there was more to what I was saying, though.)

Desmond

"Hmm..." He was deep in thought again. "So there was a bit more to it. Not as much as I was expecting, but..." It still felt like it was a bit too easy. Probably because he wasn't actually doing anything but watching. "Maybe I'm overthinking it a bit..." With that in mind, he figured there was nothing else to do but wait.

Edited by Komodojoe

'It is time...'

chapter1_by_ninjacyndaquil-db0u0xz.png

As Shelly checks her A-Comm, she sees a message on it.

However, before she could check it, the whole place shook slightly.

An earsplitting screech sounded through the hall, as all the panels began flickering on and off...

Looking around, you can see that they all display the same message:

"/ERROR/"

1 new message pops up on everyone's A-Comms.

And another.

And another.

Up to 12 before anyone could react:

"Evvbdy/plesrrrrrmainc@@@@@|||-"

...is all that is displayed before the Communicator crashes completely.

error_by_ninjacyndaquil-db0tv0y.jpg

The virtual world around you shakes again as if struck by an earthquake. You can see some of the panels falling off from the walls due to the force, striking the floor and covering your vision in a sheet of dust as everything breaks down...

As you open your eyes, you find that you are somewhere else. Somewhere new. Curious trees surround you, and there's only one path leading from the clearing where you are.

Your virtual Aether Balls have disappeared and so have the rings.

Furthermore, you seem to have been split up...

What is going on?

--------------------------------------------------

"President Haether-it's...it's...Nexus #08-!!!"

--------------------------------------------------

You have been transported...

(Current Location: ???; time is irrelevant)

Teams (3):

1. Emmanuel, Radovan, Sena

2. Desmond, Taylor, Kalva

3. Shelly, Kai, Anthony

dungeon1_crystalforest_by_ninjacyndaquil

Music: Atmosphere - Suspended Flow

All three teams find themselves in separate clearings, surrounded by trees that glow a luminescent aura around them.

Stones of various sizes are strewn across the place, shrouded by a moonlit night sky. It is relatively warm here, with all the heat coming from beneath the ground and trees that surround you.

Your A-Comms have resumed working. The clock function is unavailable, though.

"E-------yone, c----n you h---e---me?"

You hear a voice through the A-Comms.

[Explorer Lv1]

>Kalva and Desmond both notice small tracks skittering the area around them. Could this mean Pokemon are nearby?

>you've no Pokemon with yourselves, though

Edited by Bfroger6

Kai covered her eyes as the dust began to cover her vision. As she reopened them, she saw what had replaced the battlefield she had just been in. A clearing inside of what looked to be a forest of unnaturally colored trees. Looking to her sides, she saw two other students with her. A pretty girl that was still shorter than her, despite the two being the same age, and a boy that looked rather imposing with his suit on. 

“What’s with those trees?” Kai muttered to herself as she walked towards one of the trees, curious to see if the trees had really been as unnaturally colored as she had assumed. Outstretching her hand, she wanted to know what kind of texture the strange trees had.

When she opened her eyes, Shelly found herself...in a forest? It must still be a simulation then. There were only two people near her. One was a blond girl who had wandered off towards the trees. Shelly couldn't tell much else from behind. The other companion was a young man, with a somewhat odd hairstyle. Judging by his posture, he was likely a graduate of the richer academy.

"Well. You all just had to go and break the simulation, didn't you..." Shelly murmured as the world shattered around her. Shelly recalled there being a set of twelve messages on her A-comm before...whatever had just occurred...happened. She took a moment to search the A-comm for any sign of the unread messages. Perhaps there would be some info won why they were here?

In response to the static laden message which burst from her A-comm, Shelly carefully stated her current situation.

"This is Shelly Ashton, though you could probably tell from the signal. Anyway, I can here you, though you're breaking up a bit. I'm currently with two others in the middle of a forest."

Edited by Strider

KAI

Upon closer inspection, the trees appear to be made out of a translucent crystalline matter. The violet hue originates from below the ground and travels through the crystal, producing the effect observed by everyone.

SHELLY

Shelly opens the A-Comm's messages. Inside, there indeed are 11 unread messages, some of which have been completely glitched up beyond understandability.

There are, however, also those that can be decyphered:

#4: "SOOOOOO3mTh111111-w333ntwr0000000000000testtesttest"

#9: "wh333333ub3t-P, h1ssssc000000recrash------"

#10: "w3caaaAAAAnT-----the1iiss-s-s-sV333"

As she reads, the voice sounds again.

"OMG-some---ne's----ther----"
"----me t- thi---A-C----directly!!!"

The voice is abruptly interrupted by static.

However, after a couple of moments, ONLY Shelly's A-Comm buzzes again.

"Can you hear me now? We should be able to talk now."

"Loud and clear. So...could you perhaps fill me in on what just happened? I know you all like to have your fun with the graduation ceremony, but don't you think this is overdoing it a bit?"

Shelly had a few choice words in mind for the Academy team, but now was not the time, especially if this was a continuation of the test. She sighed, took a deep breath, and tried to remember a question that she had thought of earlier. No use. The sudden disturbance and brief moment of internal panic had derailed her train of thought quite thoroughly. She settled therefore on a more mundane query.

"So...um...How did you decide which pokemon to let each graduate use?" Shelly inquired, unsure what else to say.

Finally seeing a situation they feel capable of responding to, Taylor addresses the broken up A-comm message.  "I read you, but the signal is disrupted.  I will attempt to clear it up."  Taylor tries to adjust their A-comm to make the broadcast easier to understand.

Desmond

While Taylor messes with the A-Comm signal, Desmond takes a look at his surroundings. He had no idea of where they are now, but it was obvious they weren't in that virtual realm anymore, the lack of circles underneath their feet made that clear. He did notice something else by their feet, though-something that could easily be missed if you didn't have a knack of noticing small stuff, which he did.

There were small tracks spread out in the area, too small to be a human's, unless it was a small child, but who would let their kid run around by themselves in a place like this? He scanned the trail, looking to see if he can find the source without moving, lest he gets too close.

Radovan laughed quite joyfully at the scenery and shouted in his best Japanese man trying to convince anyone that he can speak English accent "It's, Showtime!" he then checked his A-Comm for any new information before resorting to roaming the surrounding area, looking for the other cadets and examining the floor of the forest, looking for any suitable branches.

2 thoughts went through Kalva's mind.

One was Oh no! Did something go wrong? Did P-AZ get injured and glitch us out?

And the second thought was GLOWING TREES!

Kalva looked around, noticing he was with two of the cadets. They must have been separated from the others.

According to the corrupted messages, Kalva mentally noted that this was most likely not part of their graduation ceremonies.

He glanced at his grubby white jacket he had planned to wear in the graduation, hoping that it wouldn't be roughed up too much out here. 

Finally, he found the scurried tracks in and around the trunks, and excitement started back up again.

Oh! Are we going to meet Pokemon? He quickly followed the clearest track. Ooh, I hope they're friendly! Maybe we can ask them to show directions!

Did we just transported here? Where the hell is this anyway? That's the only two thing on his mind, after he was transported.

Without anything to do, Sena decide explore around the glowing forest tree, trying to find any hint on where the hell are they.

On his exploration he finally got an information from the A-comm, infortunately all he could hear is just some gibberish words and buzzing, before finally he can hear a voice.

"yeah I hear you. Where are we anyway? This place doesn't look like that jungle Nexus, it's all glowy."

Edited by LeonVermillion

"Woah... " Emmanuel was amazed by the sudden change of environment. The sight of the simulation hall breaking apart was replaced with an otherworldly forest. The ground and the trees emitted a gentle heat, as if they were embracing the visitors.

16 hours ago, Bfroger6 said:

"E-------yone, c----n you h---e---me?"

"Not so loud, and not so clear either. Maybe it's the signal..." He muttered as he fiddled with the A-Comm. Twelve messages also clogged his inbox, but they all looked like garbled mess, suggesting the sender's panic.

He looked around, only to find Sena and Radovan remaining. "Let's go. The cleared-up path indicates creatures. We might be able to find a village or a den this way." He said, before moving along the lone path. It's nighttime, yet it's still warm. The material that composes the trees and the earth is packed with energy. This could be a possible solution to cheap energy! He thought, as he jotted down the qualities of the crystalline matter excitedly.

Radovan sighed and said in the most stereotypical soldier stuck in the front lines without a weapon voice he could muster "Command this is Radovan Tushar over, I seem to be in some form of forest, not looking forward to exploring an unknown situation without anything to defend ourselves with, over" he then nodded at the little boy's suggestion and said "Stay frosty then, we don't know if the inhabitants are friendly or hostile, for all we know command has just dropped us off in a target rich environment", he then picked up a nearby branch and said "Stick together" before attempting to sneak around on the path.

SHELLY

"Oh, it's like this super cool new system that allows us to poke inside your thoughts and then se-wait, are you even aware of your situation right now!? Graduation??? This isn't the graduation anymore! Holy shit kids these days..."

The woman's voice interrupts for a moment as she is approached by a pair of footsteps.

EVERYONE

Subtle buzzing is heard from everyone's A-Comm's, like someone's talking but the interference makes it impossible to decypher.

After a couple of moments though, the girl's voice can be heard again, blaring.

"SHUT UP I CAN'T DO THIS ON MY FUCKING OWN BRING ME MORE PEOPLE HERE ASAP INSTEAD OF GIVING ME THIS NONSENSICAL SHIT!!!"

"----------------------------------------"

GROUP 2 (DESMOND, TAYLOR, KALVA)

Taylor's A-Comm buzzes and a different female voice speaks through it (Kalva can recognize it if he's close enough to hear it):

"IS KALVA WITH YOU!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?" She shouts in a frantic voice. You hear some interference for a moment before he gasps and slaps someone. "TELL ME NOW!" She shouts at you once again.

As Desmond and Kalva follow the tracks, they find that they lead to the trail outside the clearing they found themselves in. The footprints are of a mammallian Pokemon, very small in size, quite possibly a rodent.

GROUP 1 (EMMANUEL, RADOVAN, SENA)

"Young one, you are indeed correct-where you have found yourselves is not Nexus #03. It is a new Nexus. An error happened an-" A deep voice sounds from the Comm but sighs and stops.

"WOMAN, CALM YOURSELF DOWN!!!" He shouts to someone he's in the room with. Afterwards, he gets slapped and the transmission ends.

Emmanuel can hear some sniffing sounds as he approaches the path.

GROUP 3 (SHELLY, KAI, ANTHONY)

The girl clears her throat. "Okie dokie, now that that problem's solved~" She chirps. "...let's get down to business. Firstly, report if anyone's hurt. Then please describe the environment you're in. We need to assess whether our preliminary scans have been accurate before we can send you exploration data. Oh, and my name's Ray, I'm Space Aether's main dispatcher!"

Edited by Bfroger6

Kai had walked closer to the other girl, hoping to get a listen to her A-Comm as they spoke. “Hi, Ray! I’m perfectly fine.” Kai spoke with a smile. “My body hasn’t been torn into shreds from being transported from some kind of virtual space to wherever the heck we are now, so probably.” Kai patted her torso, checking to make sure everything was exactly where it had been before. Finding nothing wrong, Kai looked at the girl holding the A-Comm. “Seems like you’re okay too, right?”

Not bothering to stop to let Shelly answer the question, she continued. “We’re in some kind of forest with crystal-y trees. They’re really amazing and beautiful. Maybe I should take pictures and send them to Mama.” Kai continued on, talking about random information that the others probably didn't care about.

"Yeah, I'm--" Shelly scowled as she was cut off by the hyperactive blond. While the girl was passing on the information about their current location to the dispatcher, Shelly had held out the A-comm to her. Now however, as the girl began to ramble, she pulled the A-comm back and turned away.

"So...yeah. None of us three are hurt. And what she said about the environment is pretty accurate. I'm pretty confused though...so we've graduated? That was all, no ceremony, just the test? And how exactly did we get here? Are we still in a virtual world?"

Edited by Strider

Desmond - Group A 2

Desmond scanned the tracks and noticed two things. First, he sees that the tracks led out of the clearing. Like, into the trees. The second thing he notices is that upon further inspection of the tracks themselves, they're the footprints of a small Pokemon, most likely a rodent of some sort. The third thing was- oh, wait... there were two things.

And on top of that, Taylor managed to get a clear signal, but the chaos he heard wasn't exactly expected, and that second part did cause some concern as well.

16 hours ago, Bfroger6 said:

"IS KALVA WITH YOU!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?" She shouts in a frantic voice. You hear some interference for a moment before he gasps and slaps someone. "TELL ME NOW!"

It then occurred to him that, oh shit, there was a third thing. It appears he wasn't the only one to notice the tracks. The other boy in the group, presumably Kalva, was following following the footsteps, not that "stand around with a watchful eye" stuff that Desmond was doing. The kid was bold, he'll give him that. Well, either that or naive, but that doesn't take away the fact that he wasn't as cautious. And given the current situation, that might not be a good thing. He tried calling out to the boy.

"Hey! Let's hold off on that for a minute. We have no idea where we are. It could be dangerous."

Actually, it probably was dangerous. Most rodents are small, but that doesn't mean they can't bite. Hopefully, he'll listen and come back, or at least take that into consideration so he's less likely to put himself in danger. There's no telling what he'll do until he does it, though.

Edited by Komodojoe

"Oh just great, before I could ask another question, they just cut the communiation." He sighed, "but this place is a new Nexus, which mean that we don't really know anything about this place... well except the tree here is all glowy. Emmanuel, Radovan, what pokemon do you guys think that would inhabit this place?" Leon asking his group.

"Something weird, it has to be something weird, I would guess psychic or fairy typed mixed with a tiny bit of grass, flying, and bug types, forming a little ecosystem, or I could be completely and utterly wrong and proceed to find a colony of hungry fire type Pokemon, in which case we run like hell" Radovan attempts to snap the branch in a very specific spot.

"That, my slightly effeminate friend, was a joke on the fickle and often times nonsensical nature of the universe, or to put it simply" Radovan visibly facepalms once before saying "I feel like staying here and enjoying the scenery would be a not so great idea" he then examines the path ahead of him, and readies his branch before sneaking down the path.

Kalva set off eagerly into the trail, when he heard the screaming voice from his a-comm.

Surprised, he nearly dropped his device, but having no way to actually respond, he simply stood there looking divided on what he should do. Meeting Pokemon was something he was eager for; but on the other hand, this person sounded like she needed help!

Kalva then heard, though a little distant, a familiar voice floating out of the clothed man's device. Gina! Oh, she sounds distressed.

He approached the clothed man and wrote a sign:

"please tell her i am safe"

He was nervous because the clothed man looked rather imposing to him, but he had to communicate with Gina first of all. 

"Hold it. Did you hear that? Sniffing sounds.Emmanuel told the others, and muted his A-Comm. He followed the sounds on tip-toes, slowly going off the path. He held his breath, becoming absolutely silent, as he neared the source of the noise. Getting warmer... getting warmer...