Jump to content
Waynolt

SWM modular modpack [E18.2]

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, KSmeat said:

Hey

 

I really like this mod. One question though, you know how you can do the shared pc thing, and pick whatever starter you want?

Well I was wondering if any pokemon in the shared pc would count in the pokedex and so on. Like say youve caught it, seen it etc?

 

I'm wanna do a do-over so I have all the (original) starters. And wanted to know if it would count in the Pokedex/Pokemon count when withdrawn from Shared PC.

No, pokemon from the shared box do not count towards the seen/owned in the Pokedex (this can be changed if it bothers you of course... :P )


Pokemon from the "ChooseStarter" component do count for the Pokedex though: for example, if you choose Fennekin and then use the mod to change it to Skorupi, your Pokedex will state that you never saw nor owned a Fennekin and that you saw and owned a Skorupi.

EDIT: Actually, it would make more sense if the pokemon in the shared box were marked as owned as well... ok, changed it so that the Pokedex gets updated with the mons in the shared box.


(If you're planning to use the "ChooseStarter" component, then make sure to save and reload after using it but before withdrawing your mons from the shared box - EDIT2 save/reload no longer needed)

Edited by Waynolt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Waynolt said:

No, pokemon from the shared box do not count towards the seen/owned in the Pokedex (this can be changed if it bothers you of course... :P )


Pokemon from the "ChooseStarter" component do count for the Pokedex though: for example, if you choose Fennekin and then use the mod to change it to Skorupi, your Pokedex will state that you never saw nor owned a Fennekin and that you saw and owned a Skorupi.

EDIT: Actually, it would make more sense if the pokemon in the shared box were marked as owned as well... ok, changed it so that the Pokedex gets updated with the mons in the shared box.
(If you're planning to use the "ChooseStarter" component, then make sure to save and reload after using it but before withdrawing your mons from the shared box)

Okay thats awesome. I'm a bit of a completionist so the fact they werent showing up as caught and/or seen etc. bugged me. Big time. xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Waynolt said:

Actually, it would make more sense if the pokemon in the shared box were marked as owned as well... ok, changed it so that the Pokedex gets updated with the mons in the shared box.

That's a pretty solid change, thanks for that!

However, you may want to add a check whether the Pokémon in the shared box that you're about to add to the Pokédex is actually an egg. Right now, you're adding the Pokémon contained in eggs to the Pokédex, too.

Edited by Aironfaar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Aironfaar said:

However, you may want to add a check whether the Pokémon in the shared box that you're about to add to the Pokédex is actually an egg. Right now, you're adding the Pokémon contained in eggs to the Pokédex, too.

Good point... done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wondering, because the only edit to the scripts file is the line to load the mods and the mods themselves are external files, would the mods work for things like altered versions of reborn or rejuvenation if the same line was added to their scripts file? or would the mod files themselves still be sensitive to changes in the scripts and stuff that those other version/games would have?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, DreamblitzX said:

Just wondering, because the only edit to the scripts file is the line to load the mods and the mods themselves are external files, would the mods work for things like altered versions of reborn or rejuvenation if the same line was added to their scripts file?

Adding the same line would make rejuvenation load the external mod files, and as long as the function they are overwriting isn't too different from the one in Reborn it should work.

 

58 minutes ago, DreamblitzX said:

or would the mod files themselves still be sensitive to changes in the scripts and stuff that those other version/games would have?

Depends on the mod file; the simple ones will work no problem, the others may have some strange behaviour or outright bugs...

You can try, but make sure to have a backup copy of your savegame first (just in case).

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Btw what do you use to edit the scripts file? I assume doing it in RXMP is the standard, but I don't have that. I tried to get an editor for it, but it seems to stop working after about a minute of use...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

Btw what do you use to edit the scripts file? I assume doing it in RXMP is the standard, but I don't have that. I tried to get an editor for it, but it seems to stop working after about a minute of use...

I'm using a free editor called "Gemini"

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I got it installed on Rejuvenation for science. here are the results for anyone curious. 

 

Starter Selector doesn't work, presumably due to the different map ID. I wonder if one random map would allow you to do it there...

NoTMX seems to work well, even for magma drift and rock climb. It does also seem to let pokemon who know fly naturally use it outside of battle even without the required badge (but only to a few early locations.)

The titular select weather doesn't seem to work, as whenever you select a weather option it says it's "forbidden by the plot". it also removes rift dex and rift notes, and adds an online play option that crashes the game. also maybe caused it to rain inside?? 

Everything else seems to work fine, so that's nice. 

 

This was more of a proof-of-concept test, but it will be useful for when Reborn Extreme is released and I play that.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

So, I got it installed on Rejuvenation for science. here are the results for anyone curious. 

 

Starter Selector doesn't work, presumably due to the different map ID. I wonder if one random map would allow you to do it there...

NoTMX seems to work well, even for magma drift and rock climb. It does also seem to let pokemon who know fly naturally use it outside of battle even without the required badge (but only to a few early locations.)

The titular select weather doesn't seem to work, as whenever you select a weather option it says it's "forbidden by the plot". it also removes rift dex and rift notes, and adds an online play option that crashes the game. also maybe caused it to rain inside?? 

Everything else seems to work fine, so that's nice. 

 

This was more of a proof-of-concept test, but it will be useful for when Reborn Extreme is released and I play that.

 

... you might also want to keep a close eye on UnrealTime, due to its close relationship with the weather system XD

Edited by Waynolt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Waynolt said:

... you might also want to keep a close eye on UnrealTime, due to its close relationship with the weather system XD

I did a couple quick uses and it seemed to work OK, but maybe it would bug out if tested more extensively?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

I did a couple quick uses and it seemed to work OK, but maybe it would bug out if tested more extensively?

UnrealTime changes the setWeather function; I don't know if Rejuvenation uses a setWeather function similar to the one in Reborn, but if it's different then UnrealTime will cause bugs related to the weather.

Edited by Waynolt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, youkiralf said:

in this episode can we get honedge?

Afaik you should be able to get Honedge in E17.

 

48 minutes ago, youkiralf said:

sorry if this is not the right topic to ask it.

It is not :(
(Though this mod does let you get Honedge as your starter if you so wish)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The TMX mod is super useful, but it does not let you use moves like "headbutt".

Could you please include those as well? Right now, when this mod is activated, even if a Pokemon has the move headbutt, it does not show up in the list of moves to use outside of a battle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sacred King said:

even if a Pokemon has the move headbutt, it does not show up in the list of moves to use outside of a battle.

Whoopsie, my bad.
Trying to make the edit more versatile, i accidentally removed an important line :o
(Headbutt could still be used by activating headbuttable trees and objects, but still... should be fixed now in the list too)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Waynolt said:

Whoopsie, my bad.
Trying to make the edit more versatile, i accidentally removed an important line :o
(Headbutt could still be used by activating headbuttable trees and objects, but still... should be fixed now in the list too)

Thanks for the super fast fix! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the previous version there was an aaa text file that allowed us to toggle which mods were active, since its not there now is there any way to toggle specific mods to be off?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

O nice, the learn egg move mod is really helping me solve the problem with breeding. Thanks man :).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You keep thanking me, and I'm starting to feel like an ass for never replying... just wanted to let you know that I appreciate it, even though I prefer not to answer so that the thread doesn't get needlessly long or hard to navigate. :P

Merry Christmas!

 

5 hours ago, TwinAero said:

In the previous version there was an aaa text file that allowed us to toggle which mods were active, since its not there now is there any way to toggle specific mods to be off?

Yes: just remove the files you do not want from the Mods folder.
(Don't rename them, since as long as they are in the Mods folder they will still get loaded).

Edited by Waynolt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OMG YOU'RE A GOD @Waynolt

I was jsut thinking about how I'm going to be able to transfer my perfectly bred mons to my new savefile to replay the game!

Every bit of this mod is fucking amazing I WOV U <33

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I downloaded the mod, deleted the files I didn't want (EXPShare, TypeBattleIcons, SetWeather and UnrealTime) and moved 6 Pokémon I wanted to transfer to my next file into the Shared Box - Box 50.

However, when I tried to start a new Savefile, this popped up:

 

 

And after I tried to open the "Scripts" Folder, this happened:

 

(It's saying that the Archive either has an unknown format or is damaged).

 

Do you know what might be up with that?

 

Yours sincerely, 

Luna

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Arigato-Lunakun said:

Do you know what might be up with that?

Sure: starting a new game without softresetting from another savegame doesn't agree with the pokedex being changed.

Also, it means that I should remember to test everything 3 times instead of 2.
Anyway, it should be fixed now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just saying (though I probably already said this), I love your mods and thanks :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Waynolt said:

Sure: starting a new game without softresetting from another savegame doesn't agree with the pokedex being changed.

Also, it means that I should remember to test everything 3 times instead of 2.
Anyway, it should be fixed now.

Wait, I've actually been helpful?

o.o

 

Hihi, thank you for your efforts, we all really appreciate it. ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...