SWM modular modpack [E19]

Waynolt

On 1/25/2018 at 7:48 AM, Waynolt said:

That's a quite complex problem.
You see, as Aironfaar pointed out the system in this mod could be used to mix-and-match your choice of mods, but that would only happen if other modders adopted it too.
As it is currently, adding the line

Dir["./Data/Mods/*.rb"].each {|file| load File.expand_path(file) }

to the Scripts.rxdata file included in another mod will allow it to load the components from mine; this would make it possible to mix the two to an extent, though incompatibility issues are still possible and hard to predict.

Thank you for taking your time to reply to me

Hey man, this time in a public message, too: Thanks for creating a compatibility patch for the Follower Mod!

I think I spotted a bug. Not quite certain yet whether it's just because I did it in debug mode, but I figured I'd report it before I forget about it and edit in the info whether the bug persists in the regular version later.

If you send away your current follower with the EggPicking mod, the follower doesn't update. I guess you'll need to either update Personthing's part of the scripts or add a modified version of EggPicking to the compatibility pack to trigger the update if necessary.

1 hour ago, Aironfaar said:

If you send away your current follower with the EggPicking mod, the follower doesn't update. I guess you'll need to either update Personthing's part of the scripts or add a modified version of EggPicking to the compatibility pack to trigger the update if necessary.

Fixed and uploaded as v27 of the EggPicking component :)

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, rwbonesy said:

Is there any chance of the old Insurgence patch being updated for this new patch format?

If that's the "no exp over the current level cap" part of PR Mod Menu then it could be updated with this format (although without an edit it would likely conflict with ExpShareFullTeam)... but why?
I mean, common candies are pretty cheap and readily available...

But common candies are money that could be spent on other things that aren't a mechanic I don't really care for. (Insurgence is  [thus far] the only thing I don't like about Reborn)

However I have to wonder if the other plugin thread's plugins could achieve a similar result by fiddling around with stuff.

Edited by rwbonesy

6 hours ago, rwbonesy said:

But common candies are money that could be spent on other things that aren't a mechanic I don't really care for. (Insurgence is  [thus far] the only thing I don't like about Reborn)

You can get 10 for 3000, and they will last you a pretty long time (especially if you rotate the team's leader or use the Exp Share mod).

Anyway, I've added it to the v31 of the mod pack - please note that it requires the component ExpShareFullTeam to be present too.

In future if you want to do this with multiple pokemon, I'd recommend looking into the shared box mod which is part of @Waynolts "select weather" modpack (it could really use a better name at this point)

@DreamblitzX is probably right here... "select weather" is no longer a good representation of all this mod does.
I'm renaming it, taking inspiration from Trumpkin's nickname.

• Global Mods
44 minutes ago, Waynolt said:

@DreamblitzX is probably right here... "select weather" is no longer a good representation of all this mod does.
I'm renaming it, taking inspiration from Trumpkin's nickname.

I was thinking something with "modular modpack" has a nice ring and helps describe how it works, especially with other people now making "modules" for it too.

Just my 2 cents

Whoops. Looks like I've been a bit out of the loop. I ended up creating an Insurgence option in my own mod pack that doesn't interfere with your Exp. Share mod.

What I came here for, though: @DreamblitzX asked whether I could add an option for backup save files to be preserved. I've looked into it, but I'd have to dig into how the RMXP deals with save files and what kind of file operations are possible with RMXP's implementation of Ruby to do so. Since you've already created the Shared PC mod and changed the function responsible for saving games, would it be okay if I forward that request to you? The way the save file creation and management works, I guess it would be best to change the line responsible for the deletion of backups exceeding the number set in the options to something that simply moves it to another folder if that's possible.

Also, a request of my own: Is it within reasonable effort to add a "skip to next morning/day/night" function into your UnrealTime mod? Maybe from another entry in the Pokégear or something.

I was thinking something with "modular modpack" has a nice ring and helps describe how it works, especially with other people now making "modules" for it too.

Sounds good.

2 hours ago, Aironfaar said:

Whoops. Looks like I've been a bit out of the loop. I ended up creating an Insurgence option in my own mod pack that doesn't interfere with your Exp. Share mod.

Nice!

I've deleted my version of it (no reason to keep redundant components around).

What I came here for, though: @DreamblitzX asked whether I could add an option for backup save files to be preserved. I've looked into it, but I'd have to dig into how the RMXP deals with save files and what kind of file operations are possible with RMXP's implementation of Ruby to do so. Since you've already created the Shared PC mod and changed the function responsible for saving games, would it be okay if I forward that request to you? The way the save file creation and management works, I guess it would be best to change the line responsible for the deletion of backups exceeding the number set in the options to something that simply moves it to another folder if that's possible.

Done (simply commented out the part that deletes older saves).
(Having them moved to another folder is a can of worms I'd rather not open without a very good reason :P )

Also, a request of my own: Is it within reasonable effort to add a "skip to next morning/day/night" function into your UnrealTime mod? Maybe from another entry in the Pokégear or something.

SetWeather already offers this option: if you have both SetWeather and UnrealTime installed, then amongst the weather options you'll find one that changes the time and date.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Waynolt said:

Nice!

I've deleted my version of it (no reason to keep redundant components around).

Just in case anyone follows this thread and doesn't want to research, I'll just shamelessly plug the link here to spare them a search: http://www.rebornevo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/32888-additional-options-mod-v3-e171/

Done (simply commented out the part that deletes older saves).
(Having them moved to another folder is a can of worms I'd rather not open without a very good reason :P )

Point taken, lol.

Thanks for creating the mod! Not only did you already modify the game saving process, this kind of mod is also way better suited for your mod pack than for mine, considering that the user probably either wants to keep all the backups or just sticks with what the in-game option allows for. No setting for that needed.

SetWeather already offers this option: if you have both SetWeather and UnrealTime installed, then amongst the weather options you'll find one that changes the time and date.

Oh. Oh! Awesome! Thanks for pointing that out, I'll immediately reinstall UnrealTime, haha.

• Upvote 1

• Global Mods
4 hours ago, Thomer said:

In this mod, is there an option to limit my level cap according to the GYM I'm currently at?

You can get the additional options mod from here:

which has the exp limiter as one of the options, stopping your pokemon from gaining xp while at the level cap, which is gym dependant

50 minutes ago, ChickenRocks said:

but i do not know how to use the shared box mod

1. Load save #1
2. Put mons in the last box (auto renamed "Shared box")
3. Save
4. Rename save #2 to game.rxdata
5. Load save #2
6. Done; the mons in the last box (auto renamed "Shared box") will be those you put in it during step #2

tried it! Thanks for the fast response hahaah

hoewver, when i rename the save file #2 game.rxdata and try to load it, the game creates another save file with the name game.rxdata in the same folder!

am I doing something wrong?

Edited by ChickenRocks
pressed enter by mistake

28 minutes ago, ChickenRocks said:

tried it! Thanks for the fast response hahaah

hoewver, when i rename the save file #2 game.rxdata and try to load it, the game creates another save file with the name game.rxdata in the same folder!

am I doing something wrong?

At the end of step #4 your savegame should be named "game.rxdata"; if there isn't a "game.rxdata" or if the game had to create a "game.rxdata", then you are doing it wrong.

You see, the game only loads the file called "game.rxdata"; any other file in the folder is either a backup or a file created by this mod.

If you have 2 "game.rxdata" then it's an extension problem: set it to show extensions, and make sure that your savegame #2 has not been named "game.rxdata.rxdata"

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

Here's an idea for a new mod component: Mining walls never collapsing

Sure, it's simple enough - but you'll have to pay for the mining equipment :P
(= the wall won't collapse as long as the player is spending money on mining equipment)
(I know, it doesn't make sense that the player can get the materials shipped wherever they are in at the moment, but imho the wall not collapsing shouldn't be free either, as it would make the minigame pointless)

• Global Mods
35 minutes ago, Waynolt said:

Sure, it's simple enough - but you'll have to pay for the mining equipment :P
(= the wall won't collapse as long as the player is spending money on mining equipment)
(I know, it doesn't make sense that the player can get the materials shipped wherever they are in at the moment, but imho the wall not collapsing shouldn't be free either, as it would make the minigame pointless)

Fair enough (not like some of the other mod components aren't a bit cheaty though too lol) 

It shouldn't cost too much though, otherwise it wouldn't be worth it (also mining rocks are technically finite, and you have to pay for blast powder for half of them anyway.) 

actually there's an idea. would it bee too complicated to have it consume 1 blast powder to refill the crack meter to full (empty?) upon the wall almost collapsing?

40 minutes ago, DreamblitzX said:

Fair enough (not like some of the other mod components aren't a bit cheaty though too lol) 

It shouldn't cost too much though, otherwise it wouldn't be worth it

At the moment it costs 10 per hit (20 for the hammer) (cumulative: 1st extra hit is 10, 2nd is 20, etc)

40 minutes ago, DreamblitzX said:

actually there's an idea. would it bee too complicated to have it consume 1 blast powder to refill the crack meter to full (empty?) upon the wall almost collapsing?

Wouldn't be complicated at all - though I'm unsure if that's better.
Mmm... what about party HP instead? If you have unfainted Rock or Ground types, then each extra hit costs them some HP (as if they were personally holding the wall up while you finish).