[IC] TotMV:G2: Throne Hall (Travel Phase)

Chevaleresse

"Sounds like we are eating meat!"

Mar laughs loudly, he sounds exited greatly.

"Oh you are bringing the memories back, why, once, my clan hunted down a Ouroboran Hydra, the fight lasted for weeks of swapping schedules and indeed, we had a camp right in the damn lair due to us having to fight it for so long!"

"It sounds perfect, pardon my reminiscing."

Edited by Hal Henderics

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marisa raised an eyebrow, then grinned. "You remind me of some old friends. I should visit them, I wonder if old Krosh is still doing alright. . . Anyway, before we head off, I don't believe we've been introduced. I'm Marisa, and you?" She waits for the orc to introduce himself before continuing. "Anyway, yeah, I know a place that's got perennial wyvern problems, so they put out contracts for people to hunt 'em down as needed. You get to keep whatever you can carve off of the things and a money reward besides. I do need a way to actually get you there, though, so uh, do you know how to fly this thing?" She makes a vague gesture toward the ceiling. 

"I'll just have to figure something out, then. What about you, big guy? You look like the type that likes to punch monsters on the face, you game for hunting some?" Marisa turns to lob the question at Andre before proceeding into the throne room proper, past the strange white room and its mysterious reactor. "That thing has some seriously weird stuff going on with it, by the way. I'd be careful with it."

Andre follows so he can answer the mage. He'd complain but given her looks she'd probably turn him into a slime for a long time or worse.

"How big? I'll do it anyways, but I'd like some warning on the power level... Also, can you eat them? If I can I'm gonna make some jerky with it. Got a friend that eats... everything we kill that doesn't explode or liquefy."

"Uh, hmm. . . I think it's Tigrex season. Well, it's always Tigrex season, the bastards are too hardy to only be active around a certain time of year, but I think it's mating season over there, which means lots of even more aggressive than usual pseudowyverns. Here, let me just. . ." She trails off into something unintelligible; an incantation? She makes a few gestures, and after a short moment summons an image.

latest?cb=20131127155953

"Pretty sure you're allowed to eat 'em, since the muscle isn't worth a whole lot. Though I've been told they're not that great of eating. Oily, stringy, and tough."

"Alright, great." Marisa claps her hands and rubs them together eagerly. "Hokay, that throne's gotta be where you control this from, right?" She skitters over to the seat in question, dodges around the control panel, and plops herself down, her hat tilting slightly as the sudden descent lifts it off her head by the tiniest bit. 

"This is, uh, a lot of levers. A seriously large number of levers. But, um, I think if I yank this one here. . ."

Marisa, Mar, and Andre depart for Val Habar. . .

• 2 months later...

Aurora

With the portal having been completed, Aurora soon left the Orc to his own affairs once again after the castle took off. She returned to the Servant Hall, young Snake accompanying her as before. Seeing as they seemed to be the first, and only, two in the space, the Spider receded to her nest up in the rafters of the Entry hall. Her eyes slowly begin to fade to silver yet again as she lays her head down upon a tight bundle of silk, Snake coiling up beside her as she begins to drift off...

• 4 weeks later...

Aurora

With a sizable chunk carved from her to go meal, and the rest saved somewhere for later, Aurora settles into her usual place in the rafters of the entrance hall. Silver eyes are clearly visible in the darkness, along with the sound of ravenous feasting.

Kino and Enma

After leaving the Grassweed Forest, the spiritual duo of sisters enters the Throne Hall of the castle, the first they had ever been in, piquing their interest in their individual ways. Enma excitedly roams about the castle hall in excitement and jubilee of their new surroundings, as Kino surveys the architecture of the room, admittedly impressed by its structure.

Edited by Noir

Samantha decides to greet the unknown possible nun who has entered the area.  It's usually a good idea to get to know the people you're going to be working with, and anyone in the castle is probably a potential ally.  Also, it's kind of weird feeling two emotional signatures from one person; the last time she felt something like that was when she briefly encountered one Doctor Bruce Banner at a very carefully managed Avengers publicity event.  "Erm, hello!  You're new.  Or maybe I'm new?  Well, we haven't been introduced yet.  I'm Samantha."

When the castle stops off and picks up those who had helped the Overwatch team in Rio de Janeiro, Isobel and LOTUS reenter the building, and stay in the Entrance Hall for a little while as the others come in, deep in conversation between themselves.

"Look, I... just don't really like the way you looked at that, you know? We're here to help people, right? But you were so cold about the thing with Sombra, and I just... it isn't right."

"Well, Isobel, if you want to make moral decisions you are completely capable of doing so on your own. My purpose and my skill is in analyzing situations logically, and to fulfill the twin goals of helping you, my holder, and of helping many of my previous holders, I am going to do exactly that."

"Yes, but... doing things right hasn't hurt us so far, yet?"

"It hasn't hurt you, but some of my previous holders were not so lu... shh."

Though she immediately wants to ask what LOTUS is noticing, Isobel does stop talking, and then hears the voice from the throne room area -- but it doesn't appear to be any sort of plotting, and when Isobel peeks in from the corner, she sees what are probably just two more arrivals, given how the two had been summoned themselves. LOTUS shifts the expression on his screen to a vaguely wary one, but it's hard to tell given that it's just a dot face.

"Oh, hello...? Would you perhaps be new arrivals summoned to this castle?"

Kino and Enma

Kino's attentions turned to the woman who had addressed her, and in the distance, undetected by her, Enma watched the exchange between the mysterious newcomer and her sister unfold, sidling closer, swirling from pillar to pillar to reach her sister as she interacted with the newcomer. She seemed...odd, in a way, in that her features, while human, hinted to something...more. Something stronger than the average human. Nevertheless, Kino relented to the admittedly comforting idea of having altruistic conversation given to her, as she straightened herself and replied to Samantha. 

"New to this castle may w-", She quickly corrected herself, "I may be or not, a pleasure to make your acquaintance. My name is Kino."

Now who's this face of freckles? Doesn't look fully human, though. 

Hush, sister. Search the castle more, why don't you? It would seem a fine playground for you.

Really? You don't think I'm going to have fun while you hang out with some weirdo though, do you?

If you want to have fun, have it before we must regroup again. That's all there is.

Enma then promptly wandered around to continue her enjoyment as Kino continued her conversation with Samantha. Enma's presence often posed as a distraction for her conversations, even when they were both once still alive. Having decided to ask of something important of this new person before her, she would spare a bit of her mischievous sister's freedom while she gained answers on why she -- they -- were here. 

[Wyvis enters the Throne Hall]

Wyvis returned from the battle in Rio, all the blood and debris washed off his armor. His weapon had been stowed away at a nearby armor stand, and now wore casual clothing (the 'T-shirt' in Rio, he found, were quite comfortable.) 

"So this must be our base of operations! Quite grand, I must say, fitting for heroes of the multiverse." He spotted Isobel and Lotus in the room as well.

"Hello, Ms Isobel and Lotus! I am glad to see that we have made it back safely after all!" He turns to the newcomer. "Ah, new arrivals! Hello, my name is Wyvis of Nivinuxis. Pleased to make your acquaintance!"

Isobel smiles and waves when Wyvis greets them. "Hello, Wyvis! I have to admit, I was kind of unsure about everything when we set off for the mission, wasn't sure I was up to it, but I guess that everything did work out after all!"

LOTUS looks briefly upwards at Isobel. "Don't go getting TOO comfortable with these missions, they are combat missions to unknown places, after all."

"Yes - our group had fantastic teamwork; I'd say, with synergy like previous, we'd have no trouble vanquishing the Trespassers!" Wyvis grins. "True, caution should be part of one's mindset, but surely you must commend yourself higher. After all, we did save a city from destruction."

Wyvis looks around for something, momentarily confused, then chuckles at his own disorientation. "Ah, I must remember we are in the multiverse. The Guards have a tradition of having a drink after every successful mission, but I suppose there are no bars in this castle."

"Hello," Samantha says awkwardly, "Um, I don't mean to be rude, but... are there two of you?  I have to ask because I can feel two sets of emotions from you, and the last guy like that... well, you wouldn't like him when he's angry.  And the second set just left.  Is there someone invisible in here?"  She tenses up a bit at that, like she's expecting to get jumped by an invisible person at any moment.

"Plus I'm pretty sure this place is just... super, super old, anyway, and I'm not sure there'd be anything that would still be drinkable, which is a shame. I like a good glass of wine or two myself! I'm a plant nerd who worked next door to a bar, after all, hehehe. I wonder if we'll end up somewhere we can snatch something to drink next time."

"Incredible prioritization there."

"Oh, shush."

"We have a saying amongst the Guards - 'a good drink and a jolly friend is the fuel of the heart'! The way I see, we can do with a brewery in this castle. After all, we can expect this mission to be quite extensive, no? We should set up a bar somewhere in the castle; preferably with a nice view."

A foul stench and a noise containing a mixture of scraping and clattering presages the arrival of a malformed creature looking somewhat like what would happen if a child's drawing of a spider came to life and was made of stone. It rides in a glass vehicle that allows the spider's misshapen limbs to pull it along with articulated glass "gloves" for them, and contains the rest of the spider's body - which is constantly leaking some sort of noxious fluid - like a large beaker. Additionally, the contraption has wheels on the bottom. 

The bizarre creature doesn't seem hostile, mostly just scraping past the group as it excitedly(?) skitters about in its own haphazard manner.

"What, a room with a nice view of the horrible swirling void or whatever is surrounding the castle? Oh man, do we even have windows? If we do I hope they're reinforced."

"I think LOTUS might be right about the view thing, but yeah, that does sound nice! My talent lies in botany, but I'll have you know that I've actually bartended a few times at the station I worked at back in my world. Wine's my favorite, but I can brag that I know my way around my drinks! If we actually go and set up a bar and get some drinks to go with it, I'll happily run it." Isobel practically swells up a little with pride on this topic.

She holds her nose when the apider goes by, though. "Eugh... what is that...?" 

LOTUS shifts his screen-face to look up at Isobel, then makes it a smirk. "Haha, no nose. If I was a complete moron, I'd take the opportunity to start calling you inferior organics at this point."

Edited by Powder Miner

Venus

Venus adjourned to the castle after his engagements in Rio. Admittedly, despite a rocky start, the end, much like any well-established play in theater, was what mattered most above all things, and he was admittedly pleased with his performance that day, despite the travail he had to endure previously. Much of his previous discontentment had thus since dissipated, and what the artist required was a moment to retire after the admittedly tiring performance he had tended to. 

A putrescent smell wafted around the room as the artist made his presence in the Throne Hall, earning the unpleasant receptions from most present in the vicinity, as Venus shrouded his cloak over the lower half of his face, attempting to block out the irksome smell. He raised a brow as he joined the others in their attentions to the source of the odor -- a misshapen arachnid skittering its way without regard for the others present, contained in a glass device of sorts, presumably to aid its movement. The image spurred disgust as much as it inspired in Venus the possibility if Aurora, who had aided him with the gold nugget long before they had dispersed to their own missions, had anything to do with the eldritch deformity before him. Had she bred herself a crippled progeny and modified the wine bottle he had given her in exchange to compensate for its disability? Nonetheless, however, apart from its discomforting presence, the spider-like creature seemed to forebode no significant harm otherwise, and Venus decided to entertain such abhorrent thoughts no longer.

His attentions then returned to Wyvis, whom at the moment was in conversation with Isobel and LOTUS -- from the distance he was at, he could only gather that they were speaking of...fine drinking? Perhaps he should have spared his last bottle of wine. His was an individual whose face Venus had seen most throughout his work in Rio, having trained with him in the same room in shooting, and also having fought with him during the rescue mission in which they partook in together. For the first time, Venus found himself admitting to his credit especially so out of all the other members who had participated in the same mission with him -- his presence was admittedly vital to Venus' own contributions during the battle, but for a reason other than the fact that Wyvis had given ample support to the team. It was the sensation of when he had cast his blood magic on him, and how it had maintained for quite a period during that battle. It was not art, but it certainly pertained to something that Venus genuinely enjoyed -- that made him feel good. The sensation of blood rushing -- it felt different, different from what the excitement and euphoria of any suspenseful performance had managed to give him thus far. Akin to a drug, it had the effect that was almost addicting, one that he could not comprehend, but that in itself was what made it more powerful -- more fascinating. More inspiring.

A moment of hesitation stopped him, knowing that he wasn't one to interrupt two people in conversation, even if they had at least familiarized with each other to a degree, having engaged in the same mission together. In the end, however, he relented to his curiosity and approached his two previous teammates. 

"A bar would amount to a splendiferous proposition, yes." He began, taking a bow. "Unknotting oneself in leisure with a glass of fine wine does pertain to quite the pastime. A surprise it is to see the both of you here again, though. It was a fine performance we made, you two and I, and the others previously. And how are you two faring this salubrious day, pray tell?"