[IC] TotMV:G2: Servant's Quarters (Travel Phase)

Chevaleresse

A set of smaller chambers meant to house the staff that kept the castle maintained when it was inhabited. The bedrooms are functional, but not quite as spartan as the barracks, and unlike the former are individual; there's also a dining room that the servants likely used to take their meals when this was the seat of some feudal power.

Location Sheet

OOC Thread

Thread Rules:

Your character may only occupy one IC thread at a time. You must make a post clearly indicating that you are leaving the area this thread governs to move to another.

Post clearly that you are entering this area as well; one of these posts should be made for every active character during the travel phase.

During travel time IC, characters cannot move between areas. When there is a stop, characters may move.

Before posting in ANY IC thread, characters must be approved by the GM. 

• Upvote 1

Edmond is in Servant's Quarters

There had been a flurry of activity, as they had abruptly taken off, or whatever it could be called. The towns people had somehow initiated some form of autopilot function, and had immediately launched it, ignoring any and all protests. After a brief glance at the sheet hung up in the throne room, Edmond had hurriedly made his way back to his room, intending to pick up his purchases and proceed to the Engineering Bay, where he could continue to work with Tesla on repairs. He had snatched up his supplies, and been about to leave that section of the castle, when the air was rent by a tremendous roar. It was hideously overpowering, sending pain to through his entire body. He crumpled to the ground, clutching his ears, as the incessant torture wore on. The walls shook, dislodging small clouds of dust, as the castle begin its protracted traipse across the worlds. But then, after about a minute, the shaking ceased, and there was silence. Edmond unsteadily rose, balancing himself against the wall. He tugged at the doorknob halfheartedly, knowing that it was probably a fruitless endeavor.

It was.

...great

He turned away from the door, placed his items on the floor in the room, and then wandered back into the hall connecting the rooms.

"Anyone else in here?" he called, his voice ringing strangely in his ears. The sensation was somewhat familiar...

Oh wait... He smacked the wall with his hand, and gained nothing for it except a slight stinging pain on his palm. Temporarily deaf...well. I hope it's temporary.

I guess I'll just wait in the kitchen for now, and if anyone else is in here they'll probably come out here soon enough.

He took a seat at the table, and looked around.

Edited by Strider

NYAHIRO

Nyahiro beamed happily.

"Of course I'll help Bridgett-san." She said, "She'll always be safe with me around, Voice-san."

She put down the bento and picked up Bridgett, cheerfully carrying her on her back. Assuming the safest place to be the castle, Nyahiro took Bridgett in there. Upon finding a door, Nyahiro set Bridgett down and put the Dokodemo Dial on it. She turned the dial and opened the door, revealing the bedroom. Nyahiro picked up Bridgett and began to carry her inside, clearly heading towards the bathroom.

"It's very safe in here, Voice-san. I will undress Bridgett-san so she can take her bath." Nyahiro explained.

Bridgett could feel herself getting moved around by someone as well as voices on tell the other that she would undress Bridgett the protesting claiming the she was able to do so herself and should be set down tell she wakes, that voice was clearly Mornings Arrow.

At the sound of the voices Bridgett began moving about trying to free herself from who ever was carrying her. She managed to do so and fell a little bit opening her eyes as she hit the ground.

"Oow, that hurt." she said well rubbing her behind.  "Where am I?" She asked more to herself as she looked around the room that she hasn't seen before.

(OOC: To teh other people's: Nyahiro and Bridget are still in the Dial, if we finish up this interaction within a reasonable time frame we'll come out and hang with the people in this thread. We're in this thread because it was the emptiest and thus we were the least likely to be interrupting)

Nyahiro lit up like a Christmas tree upon hearing Bridgett's voice.

"Hello, Bridgett-san. I love you. Let's make babies." She said cheerfully.

She was so excited to finally get to talk to Bridgett she barely even knew where to begin. She actually did realize how this looked to Bridgett, but she simply couldn't find anything else to say.

"Oh, wait, I know. first I should make you dinner, yes." she said.

She stood and rushed out of the room.

"The bath is ready, please feel free to get started!" She called back.

In the kitchen, Nyahiro buried her face in her hands.

"Oh no," She moaned, "I should have just greeted her and given her the bento."

She stared down dejectedly at the forgotten lunch. She'd been so excited but also so unprepared to actually meet Bridgett, she had no idea how hard being close to her would be. It was like Nyahiro's heart was exploding out of her ears with every beat. She hadn't even introduced herself properly. But it was too late, the best thing to do now was cook a yummy dinner for Bridgett.

After finishing the preparations for dinner, Nyahiro knocked softly on the door of the bathroom.

"Bridgett-san, is the water okay?" She asked happily.

41 minutes ago, Nepgear said:

"Hello, Bridgett-san. I love you. Let's make babies."

Bridgett tuned and stared wide eyed at the girl blushing deeply "Um......." She couldn't get anything out before the girl started talking and left soon after leaving Bridgett alone in the bathroom she would guess.

"umm...Mornings Arrow." Bridgett asked as soon as she was able to "Yes My Lady" it chimed "Did I get kidnapped.?" Bridgett asked very worried. "Not likely. Unknown entity was assisting to bring you to someplace safe. Which is here. You should Clean up My Lady. ITs been Days and you have been fighting." Mornings Arrow replied

With not much else to do(and the water looking so inviting) Bridgett undressed and folded her cloths neatly setting them near by with Mornings Arrow and her glasses sitting on top and started to bath.

45 minutes ago, Nepgear said:

"Bridgett-san, is the water okay?"

There was as small squeak and as splash from the room. "Umm...Yes it is" Bridgett said a few moments later her voice slightly pained.

The kitchen was ancient, with rusted pots and pans hanging from the ceiling, a set of wooden cabinets which appeared slightly newer than any of the other wooden furniture, and a wood burning stove in one corner. The passageway leading to the bedrooms remained empty as the weary seconds ticked by. Edmond traced the grain of the wood with his fingernail, growing anxious.

After five minutes of immutable silence, Edmond slowly arose from his chair. So I'm either alone here...or no one else thought to come out to the kitchen. He slid the chair back in, aware of the screech of the stone on the wood floor. Proceeding from the assumption that if he could hear again, others could too, he called out, peering into the illuminated passageway.

"Hello? Might there be anyone else in here?"

Edited by Strider

18 hours ago, rustytengo said:

Bridgett tuned and stared wide eyed at the girl blushing deeply "Um......." She couldn't get anything out before the girl started talking and left soon after leaving Bridgett alone in the bathroom she would guess.

"umm...Mornings Arrow." Bridgett asked as soon as she was able to "Yes My Lady" it chimed "Did I get kidnapped.?" Bridgett asked very worried. "Not likely. Unknown entity was assisting to bring you to someplace safe. Which is here. You should Clean up My Lady. ITs been Days and you have been fighting." Mornings Arrow replied

With not much else to do(and the water looking so inviting) Bridgett undressed and folded her cloths neatly setting them near by with Mornings Arrow and her glasses sitting on top and started to bath.

There was as small squeak and as splash from the room. "Umm...Yes it is" Bridgett said a few moments later her voice slightly pained.

Nyahiro

As soon as Bridgett replied, the door flew open and a towel-clad Nyahiro barged into the room.

"Bridgett-san!" She said, "I have come to bathe with you!"

She ran over to the tub, her towel falling free as she went. But before she got there, she slipped and fell on her face.

"Adigo!" She yelped.

She lay there, sprawled out naked on the floor with her limbs and hair going every which way.

The asphyxiating silence began to unnerve Edmond, though not for any rational reason. It is simply that sense which pervades one's mind when they are completely and utterly alone, in a place devoid of life. The silence begins to echo like a noise unto itself, reverberating, constantly conjuring up dread, and the disturbances that penetrate that silence become all the more pronounced. In this abyss, every sudden noise or vibration--every sharp footstep, every quiet hesitant breath, every suspicious creak from the conspiring woodwork--every disturbance echoes, ascribing unto itself a singular importance. The mind thinks to itself, "There must be a reason for such a loud and obvious racket." It cannot supply that presumed reason, but it knows that something must be there. Something that has no fear, nor need to conceal its present, yet remains unseen. And so the horrors grow.

Edmond, in a perhaps futile attempt to preserve his tranquility of mind, took little care to step softly, almost hoping that a confident step might lead to increased personal confidence. He unlatched doors on both sides of the hall as he proceeded, flinging them open. The rooms were all similar, with a bed against the wall, a small dresser, and sometimes some worthless personal items and trinkets. Some of the knobs of the dressers had been removed, presumably for the small quantity of metal. In the corner of one such room was a decaying spinning wheel, a reminder of the ancient people who once lived there, forgotten by ages innumerable. Empty...empty...empty. Empty. Empty. Empty!

Every room. Empty. The floors were blanketed by a thick layer of dust, marred by a few of Edmond's own footsteps. As he flung open the final door, he caught a flash of movement, a person. He felt a brief moment of hope, but this was quashed all too soon. It was simply a mirror, mounted in an antique wooden frame. A spiderweb of cracks wound through the mirror, perhaps evidence of the struggles some cataclysmic battle, but perhaps simply destroyed through some mundane act of carelessness so many years ago. There was no way of knowing.

Alone. In a castle. Alone, in a castle traveling through the untold expanse between universes. He had been snatched from his home, flung into a strange and unfamiliar land. How ..how have I even made it this far? This is enough to overwhelm anyone...right? He could think of only one possible reason why he had been able to remain relatively calm, or nearly so. He had not been alone. I was not alone. Everyone had been equally confused, equally off-balance. He had been surrounded by people who were expressing the same emotions which he was experiencing. He had felt no need to emulate them.

He sighed, and sat down at the base of the wall in the hall across from his room, and pulled out the book which Solomon had given him earlier. Every so often he found his eyes wandering as his gaze drifted to nothing in particular. He would eventually refocus on the book, reading the previous sentence again, and moving on. In this way, the minutes slipped by...

Edited by Strider

Edmond smiled ruefully as he read. It certainly was entertaining...

Then, there was a noise, so faint that at first Edmond was convinced he was simply imagining it. But as it continued, he became certain. There was someone, or something in the hallway, though far off. Edmond jumped to his feet, and stumbled. His leg had fallen asleep, and he nearly smashed his head into the wall as he lost his balance. Luckily he was able to catch himself, and stumble down the hall.

"Who's there?", he murmured. Then he reconsidered, and shouted, "Hello? Is there anyone there?"

He turned the corner into the adjoining hall, peering into the dimly lit passage.

Edmond would probably want to withdraw his head fairly quickly, as the shouting quickly increased in volume with a flash. "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" Suddenly, there was a woman flying down the hallway at high velocity - something that did not appear to be voluntary - and ricocheting between the walls and floor. Each hit showed the telltale flash of a magical ward - not that Edmond knew exactly what that looked like - and a short interruption to the sound the woman was making as she grunted at the impact. She eventually skidded into a doorway and stopped there in a heap. "Oooowwww. . ."

At the first flash, Edmond had reacted on instinct, throwing himself backward from the apparent attack. He crouched against the wall as the flashes continued, accompanied by an increasing volume of shouting. Someone flashed by, followed by a gust of wind in their wake. There was a thud, followed by an agonized groan. Edmond peered into the hallway again.

The flashing has stopped...that's always a good sign, right?

At the end of the hall, the woman who had been in such a hurry seemed to be lying dazed. He approached her cautiously, fearing deceit in her apparent injury.

"Excuse me ma'am? Are you alright? Do you need some help?"

He offered his hand to help her up.

Edited by Strider

"Huh? Whuhhh, I'm fine, I think." Not seeming to notice Edmond's offer, she hoisted herself up off the ground using the bricks of the door frame, looking a bit unsteady. "Rough landing, must have miscalculated something. . ." She mumbled to herself before making an odd gesture and spinning on her heel to face Edmond, the new creases and wrinkles in her black dress smoothing themselves out without her touching them. 

Her face was almost stunningly beautiful, even if one found the coloration of her hair - a dark blue - or eyes - a color that looked like polished brass - strange or offputting. "Um, if you don't mind the question, where is this? Please tell me it's not Ravnica."

Edmond watched, somewhat concerned. This woman had just flown into a door at relatively high speeds, and was none the worse for wear.

"I have no idea where...Ravnica is...But, as long as it's not aboard a castle full of "heroes" traveling at unknown speeds through the void between worlds, you should be fine? I hope you will pardon my impertinence, but...who are you?"

Well...she's gorgeous...

With an effort, he tore his mind away from that, and began to focus on the more important topics. How did she get here? Where did she come from? What's Ravnica? Is she a witch, or does she just like that hat?

"Would you like to sit down?"

"Marisa. A castle flying between worlds? That's, um, a little crazy, not gonna lie. But weird things have been happening lately, and you don't look insane, so I believe you." She stretched her arms out above her head, wincing slightly. "Yeah, that's gonna be sore for a bit. . . Sitting down sounds fantastic."

"Well, it's always nice to hear that I don't look insane." Of course, he had briefly considered this possibility himself when he had first awoken. He shook his head.

"It has been a...strange day."

He led the way down the corridor, back to the kitchen. He pulled out a chair on each side of the table, and seated himself in the one facing the door.

"I'm Edmond by the way. I have no idea why I'm here either. Well...I suppose I do know, theoretically. The people in this castle have all been summoned from homeworlds to fight to defend the collective of universes from some sort of invasion. However, I don't really know why I was chosen...I've seen some possible gods here..."

He sighed, staring at his hands.

"In any case, where were you trying to go?"

"Gods? Well, if there's a bunch of people running around trying to save the universe, having gods show up isn't unreasonable. I know that bad things have been happening all over the planescape, so I guess this makes sense. Sort of. Anyway, I heard there was an unclaimed tome with some choice lore that no one had actually  on another plane, so I tried to jump there. Wasn't really expecting to hit a castle." She pats one of the books she's got hooked to her; this one's got chains all around the cover, which appears to be made of rock. "Just picked up this one out of a dungeon."

Planes...so jumping between them brings one into this void?

"So, are planes just layers of existence? Or are they separate universes? I'm quite ignorant about this stuff; only summoned about...eight hours ago? I kind of lost track of time..."

Edmond paused, uncertain how to continue. He was incredibly grateful for the company, but unsure of what to do now that he had a companion for conversation.

Hmm. Tomes?

"So these aren't your everyday books, are they? You don't just carry a history book around for fun, right? If you don't mind, what are they for?"

"There are a couple different ideas on what a plane actually is, but those are both valid theories. You normally can't get between them - let alone build a huge castle that can fly through the Blind Eternities. There's a lot of fishy stuff going on here. . . Hey, mind if I do something quick?" She didn't wait for Edmond's consent, instead starting to make some hand motions as if she was manipulating something in midair. "These are magic tomes. Well, I dunno if the one I'm after is actually magic, but it's probably got some interesting lore in it. They contain spells and help you focus on casting them. I take it there's not a lot of magic where you come from?"

"So people are not certain what a plane is? Hmm. About the castle...I don't think it could do this before today. It has a set of treads and an engine, so it was mobile before, but some people back where we first arrived attached some type of exotic engine, and insulated the rooms, allowing us to travel through...the Blind Eternities, you called them? We're basically stuck in this section until the castle makes a stop because they couldn't be bothered to insulate the hallways," he murmured ruefully.

"Well actually, you can probably leave at any time, right?"

It was a depressing thought. He had found a traveling companion, someone genuinely pleasant and intelligent. But, it's likely that she wants to continue in her search for that book, so I expect she'll be leaving fairly soon. Hmm. Maybe I can be of some use...

"So you're searching for magic tomes? There's a guy on board who might have some books of interest to you...Solomon apparently has access to some form of infinite library from a ring on his finger. However, his sanity is...questionable. In this case, questionable sanity would mean 'almost certainly warped by constant exposure to eldritch magic, with a lack of scruples, and a tendency to not think before he speaks or acts, to the detriment of some others here'. So there is that. The worrying thing is that he is the person I've conversed with most thus far today. I don't know if he has anything you might be looking for...but he would certainly have some...interesting...books. Anyway, the tome you were looking for. Did you want any specific spells or lore from it, or do you just collect them?"

Edmond watched intently as this woman...Marisa?...began to weave figures in midair, manipulating something unseen, for some inscrutable purpose. He followed the movements, transfixed. Magic had been possibly the single most exciting and most troubling thing he had seen today, even more so than the fact that he had been called upon to fight an invasion of the multiverse by "trespassers"...Even as a child in an advanced technological civilization, he had always wished to see people capable of more. As a boy, he had read more than his fill of stories about sorcerers, magicians, witches, wizards, and necromancers. As Edmond grew though, as happens with most children, he became disillusioned. He began to see the mundane and explainable in everything before having a chance to revel in the mystery. It had, perhaps, even been part of the inspiration for pursuing engineering. He wanted people to be able to marvel, and glory in the mystery of the technological advances, while he could continue to pursue new conundrums. Of course, then he had gotten caught up in a war...

The most disturbing thing about magic that he had seen today was its banal nature. So many of the people were using it, that it seemed more like something commonplace and mundane than magic. And now, when he had a chance to experience and investigate the mysteries of his childhood, he simply felt alone.

"No...there is no magic where I come from. It's interesting, I suppose... I always assumed that people would use the word magic for only that which they could not possibly explain. But in a world where magic is prevalent to the point of being mundane, some people would have theories about magic, and though they might not be certain, magic wouldn't be totally inexplicable, and thus not magic in my sense of the word. Then again, I wonder...we can't possibly be speaking the same language, right? That would be a coincidence of massive proportions...so I probably just hear the word 'magic' in my head for what I would think of as magic? Gah. This is all so confusing!"

Edmond sighed, and went back to watching her. She really was incredibly beautiful, though in a thoroughly natural way, seemingly not by any attempts of her own...Her eyes in particular were distracting; the color and reflection resembled that of copper or gold...or somewhere between the two.

"So what would you call yourself as a magic practitioner? From your garb, I would hesitate to guess witch, but there were times in my world where calling someone a witch was a terrible thing to do."

He had considered asking what it was she was doing, but upon consideration, had decided against it. She didn't seem to mean him any harm, and he would probably see the result of her sorcery momentarily, when she completed it. Part of his motivation, though, may have been to preserve this little mystery and curiousity that he felt growing. He felt so much more...interested in the magic, a bit less begrudging of its user in this quiet personal setting.

Edited by Strider

"Usually I just read up on them and move on. I sell them to people that can use them better than I can, usually, or trade 'em in for something else. I don't really live anywhere in particular so it's not like I can maintain a library or anything. Gotta get me a Bag of Holding sometime, chaining these things to my waist isn't the most practical thing ever. . . Book guy sounds like he might be more of a pain to deal with than he's worth, by the way." 

She continued to weave her magic, and a few lines started to appear in the air before her, shifting about and arranging themselves before breaking up. "Huh. . . A dragon? No, it's a little different, what is that. . .?" She muttered to herself for a bit, still manipulating her magic. "Sorry, getting some really weird readings off of this spell, so I'm trying to sort out all the distortion. . . Anyway, magic is something that follows its own rules, separate from the normal rules of the world. Such as, normally I wouldn't be able to slam into a wall like that and breathe normally, much less stand up and walk around. Or jump between worlds. So I guess it's an organized way of breaking the rules? I dunno.

Um, witch is probably an accurate term. Demonologist would be another, but they've both got unfortunate connotations that I'd rather avoid. I usually just use 'mage.' 'Sorcerer' works too but it's not strictly accurate. Aha! I think I've got it figured." Her expression was triumphant for a moment, and then quickly faded to something rather more irritable. "Great. That's definitely an angel. Bastards are so annoying. . . And that dragon-that's-not-a-dragon doesn't seem to be distortion, either. . . Who did you say you were traveling with again?"

"That's interesting...So you can see who's traveling here? Because you are correct. We have a dragon, an angel, who from what little I've seen, is rather...never mind. Anyway, we also have some form of demon, wizards, artificial intelligences, some mercenaries, the god I mentioned, and maybe a few others..."

He nodded. "I'll go with mage then, if that's what you would prefer. So are mages common where you come from, or are you somewhat unique in that respect? I would expect that in a world with magic, if there are any without magic, they'd be exploited or oppressed."

Edmond was about to continue, but then realized something. "You don't mind the barrage of questions, do you? I didn't mean to be so rude...If you want rest or perhaps simply privacy, I will respect that."

Edited by Strider

On 1/27/2017 at 6:58 PM, Nepgear said:

Nyahiro

As soon as Bridgett replied, the door flew open and a towel-clad Nyahiro barged into the room.

"Bridgett-san!" She said, "I have come to bathe with you!"

She ran over to the tub, her towel falling free as she went. But before she got there, she slipped and fell on her face.

"Adigo!" She yelped.

She lay there, sprawled out naked on the floor with her limbs and hair going every which way.

Bridgett was stunned still as Nyahiro burst open the door claiming that she was going to bathe with Bridgett that she couldn't even react until Nyahiro fell face first to the floor. Once she came to her senses she quickly sunk into the bath blushing profusely with her eyes closed.

After a few moments pasted of nothing happening Bridgett opened her eyes and saw Nyahiro lying on the floor in her umm....condition. Looking at her Bridgett spoke "Umm...A-are..y-you o-okay."

23 minutes ago, rustytengo said:

Bridgett was stunned still as Nyahiro burst open the door claiming that she was going to bathe with Bridgett that she couldn't even react until Nyahiro fell face first to the floor. Once she came to her senses she quickly sunk into the bath blushing profusely with her eyes closed.

After a few moments pasted of nothing happening Bridgett opened her eyes and saw Nyahiro lying on the floor in her umm....condition. Looking at her Bridgett spoke "Umm...A-are..y-you o-okay."

Nyahiro

Nyahiro didn't move for a while, she was sort of hoping Bridgett would get out and help her up and then they could have a sexy embrace. But Bridgett was clearly too shy for that, so she eventually gave up.

"I'm fine!" She said, springing directly from face-flat to standing, "It seems bathing with Bridgett-chan is not meant to be, we shall be together later. Anyways, the food is ready to be eaten when you're finished with your bath. Don't take too long or I'll get cold."

Nyahiro skulked out of the room, closing the door behind her. She dressed herself and waited in the kitchen for Bridgett.

Marisa shrugs. "I don't mind the questions. I don't want to jump anywhere while we're moving, anyway, so it's good to pass the time. You seem to be overestimating both the power and quantity of magic users, though. . . Certainly, there have been tyrant wizard-kings and stuff, but it's not like you're a second class citizen for not being able to sling a fireball whenever you want or something. And strong spells mean lots of preparation, practice, or both. You saw how much effort just went into a simple short-range divination; if a guy's gonna fire a disintegration ray at you, it's a perfectly valid solution to just punch the bastard in the face. Of course, usually I've got someone to do the punching for me, but that's another topic."