[IC] TotMV:G2: Engineering Bay (Travel Phase)

Chevaleresse

Edmond piped up as the woman mentioned being new, "Have you had everything explained to you yet?" He was awaiting Mar's cooking with some strange combination of hunger and trepidation, his own project finished by now. As a test, he was recording Mar's actions as he cooked.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Infusing Mana into the ingredients.  Gravity to make the meat weightier, Life to make the Vegetables livelier."

"There are few things worse than weightless meat and listless vegetables." He says.

He breaks the vegetables up by hand, cracking them into crisp strips, rigid and stiff.

The Meat is thrown into a pot to boil, after he notes it has become chewier.

"The boiling water will break down the meat, forcing it to release it's nutrients, the vegetables, meanwhile, will be cooked within a tight vessel, to prevent them losing nutrients through lost water."

He explains, summoning up a block of soft, glowing red rock, and wrapping the vegetables in it, before putting it over another heating element.

6D bowed to the human that had just appeared - "Yes! I look forward to working with you!" she said cheerfully, before straightening and turning back to Mar. "That's interesting! I've studied old human cooking books, and it seems very different than what you're doing. How are you doing this stuff by hand?"

"My Soul produces Mana, which obeys my will and intentions."

"This mana changes when it touches a substance, changing in properties.  Carbon attunes it to life and softness, calcium, to Death and Hardness, Gems to Elements, Iron to Force, Silicon to creation."

"When it has only touched air, it is almost invisible, taking the form of a wave."

Mar summons a mass of it into his hand, where it takes the form of an almost mirage-like invisible haze.

"It is Raw." Mar retorts.

"Even Simple enchantments are beyond me, as I am."

"But it does have it's uses." Mar says, pulling the steamed vegetables out of the red rock, before he erases it with a cold wind.

"The most useful thing I can do with it right now, is Synthesize magical substances from raw mana, and transmute substances using that same magic."