[IC] TotMV:G2: The Suites (Travel Phase)

Chevaleresse

Gabriel takes this as an invitation to sit next to her, an invitation which he takes, sitting as comfortably as he can next to her at a distance which he could easily turn into a hug, if she needs one.

"I'm.....not gonna lie, I feel the same too. Real crazy, huh? We go from Shadows to fighting.....whatever that was. And......we could at least go home, after all that. This.....I don't even know if we can. You're right to feel a little weirded out by all this. So do I."

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isobel Low and LOTUS

Isobel waves off Rory's concerns. "Ohhh, I see, that's who you are, then. And... hmm. We actually haven't spent much time in the castle compared to the worlds we've been on, so I suspect that any food farming I do would just be a supplementary thing, though perhaps I should do some. If I actually need more seeds, though, I'll be plenty able to harvest them either from the other plants in here or plants on-world. I actually only found this place today -- I'm not sure who actually made it, but it's a little bit of a godsend for me, 'cause I'm a botanist by trade and this is something I can do. And, yeah, I think the people here capable of getting food are me and whoever made this place. But you should be able to stock up next time we go somewhere." Isobel then turned to Hiroki. "Do you want something?"

The tablet in Isobel's apron spoke up again. "I will note that how long we actually spend in the castle is an unknown factor; it's currently traveling between dimensions, but we aren't actually the ones controlling its path, I suspect something on behalf of the multiverse is doing so. Last time, however, it did not take long enough for survival to be a factor -- a day and a night, and then we stopped off somewhere for a little while."

Perlita Diaz

Perlita let out a long sigh, looking extra glum when she thought about the inability to go home, curling into herself just a little more. "Do you think we're just going to be stuck here doing this forever? I mean... I would keep doing it... because it's the right thing to do and a lot of people depend on it. And it's nice to get to stay somewhere else just for a little while, b-but... I didn't want to be gone from Roswell forever. I don't even know if we're going to see any of them again. And what about that thing at home -- the, the aliens and Shadows and all that. Will someone else take care of it? Will Malachi? I-I don't know... there's so much to worry about, both stuff at home and stuff here, a-and it's just a lot to deal with."

Rory looks at the tablet for a bit before shrugging. "A day and a night doesn't sound like much admittedly. But out in the field, when you can get attacked at any moment, you don't have the luxury of eating any time you want. Or, to quote Chef, "YOU NEED TO MAKE SURE YOU GOT A FULL TANK BEFORE YOU RUN WILD BROOOOTHER!", end quote." A modern person would probably note that the voice he used bore a resemblance to Hulk Hogan's.

Hiroki was about to shake her head. . . but thinking on it, she really hadn't eaten much lately. She'd been too nervous to even think about trying to get anything down - and while she was still decompressing, to understate the issue, she really did need to eat. "I could, um, use something." She wasn't a particularly picky eater; despite what one might assume from her appearance, she was willing to try basically anything. Though she did have a proclivity for sweets that she would never admit aloud.

Isobel reached into her fruit bag, her fingers clasped around something, and she pulled it out to reveal that it was an orange. "Ah, well, how does this look? I'm afraid it's not a full meal but I don't have a full meal on me, really. I suppose I could try to cook some of that rice or corn for you, but I've been kind of busy trying to get some of my healing poppies to grow..." Isobel lapsed into silence, clearly thinking, but her tablet didn't remain silent.

"Isobel, keeping people alive later is more important than being nice. If either of you two can cook for yourselves you should do so, if not then I suppose Isobel can--"

"I can do it if I want to, thank you very much, LOTUS. ...but, that said, it probably would be best that I continue my work. If you need to, I can make something and share it, but otherwise, well... I don't actually know where you'd get cooking equipment. Maybe the Servants' Quarters or the Ballroom? I guess you could probably also just make do with some of the powers we have around here. I can give you more fruit if you want it, though."

Rory sighs and takes the fruit. Better than nothing. "I guess I can cook on the blade of my gunlance... Well come on Hiroki, looks like we're gonna need some wood." With that Rory heads off to find some scrap wood to form the foundations of the cooking fire.

Hiroki had been about to reach out and take the fruit, but was beaten to the metaphorical punch. "There's a kitchen, um, in here somewhere." She glanced back toward Isobel and LOTUS. "Thank you for, um, the orange, anyway." She made a note to poke around this room later. Green, growing plants weren't an incredibly common sight around the barren Tempest, and it would be interesting to talk to Isobel about them at some point. LOTUS was interesting to her too; she wasn't sure if she wanted an AI with that much independence in the Knight, but it was possible he could help her improve the computer systems in her armor.

6D, who had followed Hiroki and the others like a lovesick puppy because she had no idea where she was even supposed to be, stood behind the others quietly. It was another human, oh gosh... she wanted to bow again, but she was still self-repairing the earlier damage, so she settled for a quiet, somewhat awkward wave. Oh, great, one hundred percent normal human greeting and not just making a fool of yourself. "H-Hello. I'm new as well. It is good to meet you. Yes." Nailed it. 

Rory cuts up the orange with an almost comically large as he waits before handing it back to Hiroki in more manageable, sliced form. "Oh, I'm sure there's a kitchen. But it's going to be farther to walk to than I'm really willing to go just to slightly cook some fruit, and given this is an ancient piece of architecture it's going to be old enough that we'd just be cooking on a slightly safer fire anyway. So might as well doing something closer anyways."

"Each section has, um, its own section. The only wood you, um, will find is rotten beds." That was. . . she wouldn't say asinine out loud, yet, but it was highly questionable to just start a fire in an enclosed room rather than finding the kitchen a few doors down. She took the orange and peeled back a section slightly, nibbling it. Fresh fruit wasn't terribly common where she was from, either, with the main source of food being Gluttony and its icy farms. Not that she'd never encountered it; at the very least, the gods spent plenty of money on catering. "What do, um, you have to cook, anyway?"

Isobel opened her mouth as Rory took the orange right out of her hand, only to shut it once Rory decided to cut it up. Well, she wasn't sure that was all that necessary, but alright. Before she could open her mouth, however, LOTUS took the opportunity to chime in. "Unless you would like to kill everybody in this room from smoke inhalation, I highly recommend you not go breaking things to start a fire in here. I wasn't aware there was a kitchen here and I suspect Isobel was not either, but go use it instead of ending everyone's lives but mine. ...and, if my scans are accurate, the android girl's as well."

Speaking of said android girl, Isobel looked at 6D's awkward demeanor and then smiled and waved back at her. "Hey there. Oh, I haven't actually introduced myself! My name is Isobel Low and the AI down here is LOTUS." She then turned to Hiroki. "There are bags of corn and rice over there, and some walnuts over there, I think they would be good choices for cooking."

Rory holds up his apple. "This. Might try to find a rat and make do if there's nothing else." Rory shrugs. He rather liked rat as a food. Rodents in general really. "Also, didn't know or expect there to be a kitchen here. I mean, the barracks it'd make sense, but this looks like a slightly nicer area, probably for guests."

Hiroki made a face at the suggestion. Maybe the snake tongue should have tipped her off about the man eating rats. . . "There's a kitchen in all, um, the living sections. The one here was probably for, um, cooking food for room service, um, or something." She also wasn't really sure what the value of cooking an apple was by itself. Was she responsible for watching this guy to make sure he didn't set anything on fire? He didn't seem particularly responsible himself, and apparently thought that random fruit needed to be cooked to be eaten. . .

Rory nods. "Well, I'll see what I can rustle up for protein."

With that Rory heads off to hunt down some meat. 

If anyone bothered to check the kitchen after Rory went to hunt down some rats. They would not that he isn't there at first glance nor were there any signs he was using the equipment. At least not until they looked at the corner on the same wall as the door, where he's sitting on a bucket, eating his apple with a blank expression..

"......yeah. I'm not sure I'd stay here, honestly. We still got things at home to deal with. But.....it would be the right thing to do, to stay here and help. Stuff like this was never my strong point, huh? Always a little indecisive. Anyway.....I'm sure Malachi's got things handled. It's Malachi."

6D did bow now, although not as sharply as she had with Hiroki. "Good to meet you!" she repeated. "I am YorHa Defense-class Unit 6. You can call me 6D, for short! Your AI is right, I'm an android. So you don't have to worry about food for me." 

After a few moments of quiet, 6D's support pod abruptly speaks up. "Recommendation: Unit should explore the castle in order to develop a map."

6D considered that for a few moments, then nodded, bowing to the group. "Excuse me. I need to familiarize myself with the area, if we will be staying here for a while." After waiting a few moments to see if there is response, she straightens and turns on her heel, heading in a random direction.