[IC] TotMV:G2: The Suites (Travel Phase)

Chevaleresse

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jade immediately heads back to the room he was held up in last time they traveled. He then plopped himself onto the bed and rested as he waited to stop at their next destination.

Liliya-The Suites

After helping Sam, Liliya had wandered about the castle until the time to leave had arrived. Almost everything was in disrepair, but she had chosen the area that she deemed had been nicest at some point. There was nothing terribly nice in any of the rooms now, but that didn't bother her much. She entered a room, intent on checking for valuables, then getting some shut-eye.

Ghost

Ghost had remained in her room, slumber undisturbed even as the massive rumble of the engine's ignition sequence rumbled the castle. Her body lay sprawled unceremoniously atop a surprisingly clean and white mattress, supported by a bed frame that didn't look too worse for wear either. Tama Vajra simply hovered around the space idly, a tiny orb of static electricity and storm clouds that shed a violet glow on anything it approached. His motions were more out of the sake of pacing than trying to keep an active watch though, preoccupied with various matters of both past and present.

• 4 weeks later...

Mitsurugi wanders about the suites, lost in thought. She'd briefly tried to sit and meditate, but hadn't been able to calm herself sufficiently. Her gait was ghost-like, her movements nearly completely silent as she walked. 

Mitsurugi stopped upon sighting the unfamiliar boy. Now they're involving children in this, as well? And the poor thing doesn't even have a bed. . . A small part of her said that he could probably handle himself if he'd ended up here, and no one she'd spoken with seemed to be the type to abduct children - at least, not without good cause - but the motherly portion shushed it. She stooped down next to the boy and prodded him gently. "Pardon me for waking you, but I haven't seen you in this place before."

He slowly stirs, and upon seeing Mitsu, rubs his eyes.

"That's a lot of people, golly..."

He stands and puts up a loose salute.

"I haven't seen you either! I'm Laver, apparently, my trip ended here at this castle so we can help one another.  I'm the Heart Doctor, Pleased to meet you!"

"It's good to meet you as well, Laver. My name is Saigai Mitsurugi." She frowned - well, more than usual, anyway - at his initial comment. "Why were you sleeping on the floor there? I passed another room with a bed a short time ago; surely that would have been more comfortable." So he had somehow brought himself here? And had some sort of formal title, unless this was some sort of childish make-believe - which was highly unlikely given the situation. "And, what did you mean, lots of people?"

"There are beds here? I must have missed them... I was watching this dragon guy who was hurt, anyway, so I had to stay here in case he needed more healing."

He pauses.

"I don't know if you realize, but you have a lot of people on your person that love you a whole lot-a lot.  I am the Heart Doctor, that means I can see the emotional connections between people, and help them through those, and you are like a huge nexus of them, and none of them are going off in other directions, so all the emotional connections in your yarn-ball of heartstrings are really close to you physically, as close as I can see."

"I see. . ." A wave of guilt crashed over her, clearly visible on her face. "I. . . here. Let me show you." She reached to her left side and undid a small knot at her side. Mitsurugi pulled the sword and accompanying sheath out of the loop securing it, and held it in front of her on her palms. "This is where the people you see reside. Or. . . what's left of them. They bound themselves to my sheath so that they could sustain me, rather than be destroyed." Not that their faith had done any good; here she was, rather than in her home plane. She'd failed every last one of them; how could they not yet grow bitter? Did they simply not know better, disconnected from the world as they were? She blinked, trying to maintain composure.

"I've never seen this many emotional tethers in one place, tied to the same person.  It's intriguing.  It's incredible, is what it is.  I doubt an arrangement like that could hold itself together without such strong emotional bonds."

He rubs his chin, and pulling out his legendary tool, seems to tap something in the air that Mitsu may not see.

"It is quite bright and thick.  You must have been pretty popular, huh?"

Mitsurugi actually chuckles ever so slightly at Laver's statement; this quite possibly being the first time she has smiled since she showed up on the ship. "That. . . is simultaneously not far from the truth and not it at all." Her expression fades back to that faint sadness - or maybe that's just what her face looks like? "I was - am - a god of natural disasters; in this sheath is a small contingent of souls that worshipped me in life. And still do. . ." She ties the sheath back into its normal place. ". . . Thank you, Laver. Hearing that does make me feel somewhat better." 

The cursing stops for a moment, followed by several footsteps towards the door. 

The door opens to reveal Empi wearing a black shirt and what appears to be nothing else, the black shirt with "I WANNA TONGUE BATH" printed on in large white letters. Luckily, the shirt extends down over her waist and over her groin, so nothing can be seen. The room behind her is strewn with varying.....equipment that children ought not to know of and are best spoken of only in certain circles.

"Yes?"