[IC] TotMV:G2: The Barracks (Travel Phase)

Chevaleresse

A set of sparse, functional rooms meant to house squads of soldiers, connected to an armory, smithy, and mess hall. Unfortunately, the armory has largely been stripped clean, as has the mess, but the smithy still has a few miscellaneous mundane ingots and such left behind.

Location Sheet

OOC Thread

Thread Rules:

Your character may only occupy one IC thread at a time. You must make a post clearly indicating that you are leaving the area this thread governs to move to another.

Post clearly that you are entering this area as well; one of these posts should be made for every active character during the travel phase.

During travel time IC, characters cannot move between areas. When there is a stop, characters may move.

Before posting in ANY IC thread, characters must be approved by the GM. 

Mar Sits down on one of the cots in the Barracks.

"It seems we must now learn the virtue of Patience.  I will be meditating, I suppose."

Mar settles down on the floor, and forms a glowing sphere of mana in front of him. Like a campfire.  little flecks from his chest move to it, and flecks from it periodically move to himself, touching parts of his gear and body, then returning to orbit the Mana Sphere, as he examines them intently.

The Heartless, which has left the bottle to float nearby, gazes on in hunger, wonderment, and fear.

Edited by Hal Henderics

Argent sits across from mar. Watching his magic. it was interesting. Then he starts doing his own thing. Twirling hellfire in his fingers, forming a small hellfire dragon to circle around him. Shattering it into shards that danced around him like red and black stars. And so forth.

Edited by Endlessblaze

Hikari and the mini-Kagaris wander into the barracks. "There should be a training room or something around here... right?" Hikari says. Eventually, they find a decent-sized room, clearly intended for sparring but not bad for the pair (or trio? Do the mini-Kagaris count as a single person or two?)'s intentions. 

Edited by Twinwolf

"I have been contemplating your Hellfire once more." Mar says, looking at Argent as he makes it flow around him in various forms. "I believe, that I simply lack the tools to work it."

"How so?" Argent says, as A hellfire butterfly lands to rest on his finger.

"Well, If the flakes were not stable, and the flames themselves were not either, I simply lacked the fine control to strike it perfectly."

"A rock is only adequate for my work."

"So you need something sharper?"

"Something stronger, to transfer more of my energy into the material."

"I have a shard of Adamantine Ore, but I doubt that would even be enough."

"Well if it's just ore it's probably a little lacking..." he looks at the entry to the smithy and allows the butterfly to shatter into shards and dissipate "I MIGHT be able to power a smelter with my hellfire, I could try to refine the metal at least a little, and shape it into a chisel. Would need a cast though. I never actually learned black smithing."

"There are casts here, as you can see." Mar gestures at the shelf holding them.

"Mmmm...want to try it?"

"Well, of course, if you feel your hellfire is up to it."

"I think I can manage."

"Hmmh." Mar nods, handing over the Adamantine Ore Shard, but not before breaking off a piece of it for storage. The heavy dull blade is given to Argent

He turns it over in his hands. Examining it "So what exactly is this stuff?"

"Pure Adamantine Ore, I obtained it from the Sacred Home Mountain, I probably would have made a small knife or some such from these remains, but a Chisel needs both my power and a strong material."

"It's mana type does something odd. It seems to make things stronger, like how an ant is strong for it's size, or how a small stick holds it's weight better than a giant log, with less creaking and groaning"

"Mmmmmm. Alright. Let's try this out" he dissipates all his active hellfire and stands up. Heading into the smithy

Mar Casts his mana into his Familiar, feeding the greedy creature a pittance for it's loyal waiting. It absorbs it with horrific glee.

Argent, recalling some of the things his magic teacher used to do and talk about, attempts to smelt the ore, fueling the smelter with intense hellfire

Mar looks on, then aids in casting it in a Chisel Mold, before Cracking off the tip while it is still hot so it will be stronger.

The Possessor Watches all of this from it's safe little bottle.

Name: Adamantine Chisel
Description: A Sharp Tipped Chisel Made of Adamantine, Forged with Hellfire itself- ???
Type: Bauble
Minimum Stats: 3 Str, 3 Syn
Weight: 0
SYN Threshold/Bonus:

???

Additional Effects:

???

Mar sits there and ponders.

Edited by Hal Henderics

What a busy day, today. Leon sighs to himself.

He decide to find a place in the Barracks for him to sleep, anywhere is fine for him, heck he could sleep on the floor if he have to.

On his search of a place for him to sleep, Leon found Mar and Argent working with something. He notice the bottle on Mar's waist is black and has little kirby eyes and a squiggly mouth.

"Mar, what the hell is this?" As he look to the bottle a bit closer.

"A Dark Creature that fought against us in securing this place.  I have since begun the process of Taming it.  And Bending it to my will."

Mar Gestures, glancing at the Heartless.  Which Emerges almost at his Will it seems.

The shadowy ball is covered in blunt spikes, and smokes like an oil fire.  It is Shivering lightly, Twitching maybe? It seems very pleased, half lidded at the meal of mana it absorbed.

It is covered in Chains, which trail to Mar, around his Arms and Chest, one set of chains is glowing and transparent, the other, Hard Metal.

"As you can see, It responds well to my... Methods... of initializing domestication."

Edited by Hal Henderics

"A dark creature you just fought for reclaiming this place? and you're trying to tame it?" Leon laughed.

"I didn't know you have a--" Leon looked at Mar, and he know, the Orc is serious. "dammit... It's... harmless right? Like really harmless? and what does it do?" Leon wanted to poke it, but he decide that poking it might anger the little fella.

Solomon remains in the barracks, eating pork rinds, staring at the device the shrinkwrapped dame had left in the barracks, it was corrupt, he could sense the magic leaking out into the manasphere, affecting outcomes, trying to turn every roll of the dice into snake eyes basically, despite everything he still remembered that part of his job involved making sure that something like this wouldn't tear open a hole in space time and letting the horrors loose into the world, if this world even had horrors that is, Solomon wasn't one to steal things, but he made damn sure to keep it in one of his sacks to prevent it into falling into wrong, childlike, and obviously demonic hands, he would have to remind the dame to take better care with her eldritch creations next time.

(OOC: Emp said yes to this by the way).

Solomon turned to face Mar and the Argentine, and proceeded to cast his fate altering spell, again, this eldritch device needed to have it's opinions overwritten after all....

"It possesses things, taking control of that which has no will of it's own.  Of course, Thee chains mean that if it possesses something, I can remove it easily, and Outside of a possessed object, it cannot act."

"Thusly, there is no danger, and I can demonstrate the Price of Disobedience to it without it having any illusions of victory."

Mar nods.  And it returns to the bottle.

"If it could possess people, then it would not have bowed to me so easily, after all."

About halfway through argent realizes he's hit a wall.

he has no idea what to do next, and he's pretty sure he's missing something.....

"I....don't remember the rest...."

he looks at Solomon 

"I don't suppose you know how to use this do you"

Edited by Endlessblaze

Solomon stops to ponder Argent's question, and he opens a certain extremely thick book and flips through it, "Sure, if I had a week to memorize everything and a modern smelter....y thing, I may be able to do this properly.".

Edited by Cronos5010

Mar speaks with Argent about his hellfire Once More, this time though, Mar is prepared, and transmutes the hellfire into a solid form, before flaking it apart into a carved sword and flakes.

He cracks a Stone into a handle, and infuses it with a Glowing Blue Mana derived from water.

Argent Carefully Slots this onto the blade, Completing it, It is a shortsword, though strangely enough, it has the handle and hilt of a Zweihander.

It seems Mar knows either very little, or very much about aesthetics...

Argent seems to enjoy his new weapon

"This is coooollll....well..hot. Maybe a little to hot. I wouldent hold this if I were you. Can you make a scabbard for it so I don't burn anything?"

(Do you even know how to use that?)

(Hey I know a little!)

Edited by Endlessblaze

"thanks."

Name: Hellfire Sword
Description: A sword Made of Hellfire given form, it has a Glowing Blue Stone Handle, in the form of a Zweihander's Hilt, despite it being a normal shortsword.
Type: Weapon
Damage: 2d4+STR
Minimum Stats: 4 SYN
Weight: 2
SYN Threshold/Bonus: Every 5 syn (starting at 10) adds a d4 of damage.
Special Qualities: 
Burning: This weapon inflicts SYN damage to both the wielder and the victim when used to attack; recoil is reduced by RES.

Edited by Endlessblaze

Theodore

Theo remains in the barracks, still working on his disco ball. He remains silent for now, choosing to instead provide background music for the many inventions being made. 

((No link this time. He just plays some ambient music you might hear in a montage if invention in a movie))

"I have crafted enough eldritch equipment to provide an interesting subject for a cosmic horror fantasy novel today, and I now have a golden silk long coat, so you know, it's just a regular Wednesday" Solomon watches Theodore's attemps at fixing the disco ball "This would go a lot better if you had glue".

Stifling silence.

"Traitor"

A field of eyes

"Traitor!"

A pyre for the dead

"Traitor!"

A blade, curved in its macabre grace.

"TRAITOR!"

Visrii woke up, the phantom sounds still ringing in his ears.

"Damn it..." He murmured, feeling weak and tired as if he had been fighting an endless battle.

He had fallen asleep again, unwittingly during their transit to the town. Thankfully, it looked like nothing had happened since then.

Painfully, Visrii stood up, noting dimly that his wounds had partially recovered from the battle. His ankle was still sore, prickling every time he moved it, but it didn't hinder his ability to walk or run. That was enough.

But he also noted something else. Sure, the time was night when he had been sucked into this world, and so he had right to be tired. But the other implications still loomed. He held his head and thought no more of the experience.

"Where are we headed?" he asked the group in the room.

"Boldy to where no one else have gone before, these are the voyages of the castle tank badass", said Solomon with a wide grin "But no seriously I think we are on autopilot right now, apparently we are here to be the saviors of the multiverse or something, it's pretty weird, wait, have you been sleeping this whole time?".