[IC] TotMV:G2: The Ballroom (Travel Phase)

Chevaleresse

"No problem." Halley replied, feeling somewhat glad that the girl wasn't as angry as before - though that was probably the food doing all the work. She had just finished the last of her drumsticks, but she scrapped the idea of leaving. Instead, she rested, staring blankly at the ceiling bulbs that lit the kitchen. She was pleasantly surprised by them still working well. She didn't want to fall asleep yet, as they were bound to hit their destination sooner or later.

The ship rumbled, with the engines groaning audibly but not deafeningly as they had previously, announcing the hodgepodge craft's arrival at their first destination. A familiar voice crackled to life over an unseen intercom. "Cid here. Once this piece of shit stops moving you should be good to walk around. Mostly. None of the nasty stuff from between worlds likes to hang around. Just remember to get back into one of the safe zones before you launch again." It was now time for those going to explore - and possibly save - this world to leave while the rest moved on; the group would be back once their missions were complete.

(You are now free to move between zones, or leave on a subplot. However, please only make ONE move.)

Chronos (In Hiroki's head)

A strange crackling sound resounded in Hiroki's ears. In a way it felt like it was coming from inside her own head.

"Hiroki." A deep voice cut clearly through the static, "This is Chronos, the Planes are in danger. Whatever is happening out there, it's started a leak here. Tempest was created to be able to interface with other universes, but there seems to be a hole in the membrane that allows this. The being leaking through are very resistant to Favor for some reason, making it impossible for me to clear them out on my own. I tried contacting Watcher and Merlin, but neither of them is responding, so I'm going to pull some of the warriors the multiverse has brought together and bring them to Tempest. There's an ancient device in the Plane of Wrath that can dispel that which can dispel creatures back to their place of origin, I'm going to have you help me get it. Please warn the following that I'm summoning them: Argent, Dimitri, Atton, Eon, Prei, Snow, Victoria, Leon, and Tesla."

The static stopped suddenly and it seemed that Chronos was gone. It didn't even give Hiroki a chance to decide whether she was okay with being its errand girl, let alone if any of the warriors it was calling actually wanted to come along and clean up its trash.

Chronos? What-? Chronos, the entity responsible for protecting the Planes. And it wanted her to go get people to help protect Tempest? And spoke to her inside her head? Was she really the right choice - of course she was, she was one of the strongest fighters that Tempest had ever seen, but. . . She didn't even know some of the names. Prei? Atton? Still, she supposed she could start with Eon. She gingerly set down what remained of her drumstick, unable to find a trash bin, and headed out toward Eon. "Um. . . A being from my home world, sort of, told me to tell you that it was summoning you and a few others to defend it."

"Well, I can certainly contact most of the mentioned people, though a few of them I can't claim to know. Nevertheless, I'll attempt to make contact with everyone mentioned," Eon replies before setting up a telepathic link with the mentioned group of people.

To all who can hear this, I am Eon, and apparently you have been selected to help deal with some issue in regards to Hiroki's home world. Apparently the individual is summoning all of us, so prepare yourselves, Eon broadcasted, unsure if the ones that he did not know would receive it.

• 2 months later...

Dackly arrives in the Kitchen, Lounging on Gozer as the conversation continues between her and Hayle.  At the same time, Dackly's Critical eye looks over the food available.

Dackly hums and haws, before speaking.  "I think I will make Stir Fry with Meat Stuffed Peppers.  What do you think, Gozer?"

"I don't have taste buds."

"And?"

"Stir Fry can be a bit greasy."  Gozer admits.

"Good Point.  Hayle? Thoughts or ideas?, Oh, and of course, the Alcohol thing, we never concluded that."

Following the duo into the kitchen keeping her hands lightly clenched together in front of her. ”Stir fry is fine, though I'm just anything you make will be fine.” She spoke with a small smile on her face. She's starting to get comfortable and used to being around these two. ”Also, what is alcohol? Where I come from we only use herbs and healing magic to heal wounds.”

"Do you have booze?  Alchohol is the stuff that makes all Booze intoxicating, at the same time, pure alcohol is a strong poison of sorts, it is one of the only substances that can kill anything immersed in it, but, it is actually able to kill off anything that would get into a wound, and is able to cleanse it like a liquid flame, almost  It's harmless to touch, but it does cause discomfort when applied to open wounds, due to it's stinging."

Dackly says, taking out her rapier and slicing vegetables, the hellfire edge doing very little to the veggies at all with this level of exposure.

"It is usually made with Distillation, which is boiling something to gather it's vapors with a special device."

She finishes slicing up the vegetables, and begins cutting the meat, Chicken should work nicely.

”Oh, like beer? Oh yea we definitely have that.”  She started blushing in her embarrassment, she wasn't exactly of age yet so she never looked too much into it. She then noticed Dackly's adeptness with cooking and was impressed. ”Wow, you're really good at this aren't you? I don't think I could cook like you can.”

"Ahh don't be so dismissive, you are a magic user, cooking is merely following instructions with enthusiasm and passion, did you not follow the studies of magic with enthusiasm, passion, book reading, and learning?"

Dackly comments, the tip of her tail snaking into a drawer for a wide pan, which oil is poured into as the chicken is dumped inside, meanwhile, her hands are busy emptying Bell Peppers, turning them into hollow veggies to be stuffed with ground meat.

"Dackly is also a spoiled brat, leading her to learn cooking to spare herself meals that fail to live up to her standards."

Dackly chops a little bit harder after that, cringing slightly for a moment.

Hayle chuckled after Gozer's last comment and her smile grew larger. She noticed Dackly speed up after it which made it all the funnier. ”Heh heh, I guess I'm sorta passionate about magic. I just don't think ice would be helpful in cooking. Well, besides storing meats or cooling drinks.”

"Well, Let's see, There's ice cream of course, which requires careful and even freezing to prevent it from becoming unsavory..."

Chop Chop

"There's Gelatin, which must also be cooled to solidify it..."

Chop Swoosh flip chop chop CHOP

"Baguettes simply MUST be prepared in a way that requires a period of frigid cold, to solidify the layers of dough and butter that lead to it's beautifully texture-rich flavor."

Shwoop (pause)... Flip, plop, sizzle, sizzle...

"There is also frozen pops, tasty drinks turned to solid ice, which are licked until gone, like a candy, and their brother, the shaven ice, where ice is shredded, and then sweet syrups are poured over it."

Shuff scoot sizzle shuffle sizzle scoot sizzle.

"Some cakes are better kept cold than hot, especially vannila ones with some odd frosting."

Sizzle.... Swoop plink, chop chop chop.

The meat finishes cooking in the oil, and vegetables replace it in the pan, imitating it's meaty bretheren's dance of culinary preparation.

At the same time, Dackly continues simmering the sauces in a secondary pan.

”Shredded ice huh...” Hayle ponders for a moment, rubbing her chin. ”That seems relatively easy to make. You think we anything here that can shave ice? More importantly, do we have anything that can be used as a syrup here? It'd be hard to eat just shaved ice with no flavor, right?” She wasn't expecting much, however. Who would have syrup just lying around?

"Sadly, no, it seems whoever Stocked this kitchen neglected to stock it with anything sweet, But, I usually eat ice chips whenever It's hot outside, we could put some ice chips or snow in the stasis cabinet up there for if we go to another desert world, and shred them with something or other if we ever get some sweets."

Dackly's face briefly changes to a grimace at the incompetence in the kitchen, but quickly wipes it from her thoughts as The Vegetables finish Frying, and the Sauce is perfect, she then tosses the meat, vegetables, and sauce mixture into a single mass in the pan, and simmers them a bit more.

After Navin had reentered the castle, he had ended up wandering over to the ballroom area, and had leaned against the wall of the big room in order to get a little bit of rest -- he had suddenly found himself inside of the castle only a few minutes after a fight after all, and that exhaustion had lingered with him. Sleeping against a stone wall wasn't a very difficult thing for him either -- Navin had slept under far worse conditions before, after all, and he had learned to make do sleeping just about anywhere if he had to, out of simple pragmatism.

Sounds and smells wake Navin up, and the Indian superhero slowly stands up, blinking the sleep out of his eyes. He stretches his arms a little, his shoulder lightly popping as he moves his right arm in a circle, and then leans against the wall for a couple of moments -- alright, he's still just a little tired, but he's not exhausted, so that will do just fine. Navin walks towards the kitchen, briefly waiting at the doorway, and Dackly, Gozer, and Hayle would see the Marathi man in his slightly gaudy white superhero outfit take a polite posture before speaking. "I hope I'm not intruding. I do not believe I have met any of you before, and I figure that if we are to be in here while this castle is... traveling, it would be a better idea for me to get to know the people here with me rather than just continue sleeping in the corner."

"She is Dackly, and I am Gozer.  We are the best of Friends, and Dackly has a healthy fear of fire due to her being made of plant matter, and loves making friends, while I am more down to earth."

"Nah, he's got a head full of rocks." Dackly comments cheekily, as she stirs the pan.

”No... it's alright. We'll just have to try another time...” Hayle spoke a little disappointed. Oh well, there's always next time I guess... She then turned around to see a strange man had walked in. She got all nervous and tensed up. She kept her head low and had her hood cover most of her face. ”Um... H-hi. We're... I mean, Dackly and Goner are making some food. I s-suppose if there is extra you could have some. I-I mean, if you want to.” She spoke really softly and meekly.

Navin put his hands together and bowed lightly to the two of them when they introduced themselves. "My name is Navin Gopinath Mhasalkar, and it is my genuine pleasure to meet you. You needn't worry about flame from me -- I may have the power of creating explosions, but it is something I use sparingly and only when needed, as well as something I have learned to use very precisely -- I wouldn't harm a teammate."

Then the meek girl spoke up, and Navin bowed to her as well. "Ah, I don't doubt the quality of your cooking, but I'm afraid that I will have to decline. I am something of a member of the lactovegetarian tradition whenever circumstances allow. It's a religious matter, ahimsa. ...my apologies if I am making you uncomfortable."

Dackly looks horrified.

"Nyx Forgive me, I had no clue we had dietary needs aboard, I'm so sorry, give me a minute and..."

Dackly quickly takes the remainder of the sauce from before putting it in and sets it aside, and prepares sliced vegetables in a completely separate pan, she is sweating a bit.

"Will Vegetables fried in vegetable oil with Stir Fry Sauce offend your sensibilities? I really should have known better."

The Normal Stir Fry is finished, and set to the side.

"Haylee, could you set that stir fry into containers? about 20 should do.  Put those in the Stasis Cabinet over there."

Dackly gestures as she puts a touch of pepper in the pan.