[IC] TotMV:G2: The Ballroom (Travel Phase)

Chevaleresse

The main event center of the castle, it consists of a massive room with a dance floor and fine engraved decor about the walls, connected by side doors to the main kitchen of the place, in order to make serving food to the esteemed guests faster and more efficient.

Location Sheet

OOC Thread

Thread Rules:

Your character may only occupy one IC thread at a time. You must make a post clearly indicating that you are leaving the area this thread governs to move to another.

Post clearly that you are entering this area as well; one of these posts should be made for every active character during the travel phase.

During travel time IC, characters cannot move between areas. When there is a stop, characters may move.

Before posting in ANY IC thread, characters must be approved by the GM. 

Andre decided to return to the ballroom. He figured it was the best place to work out and potentially show off since it was already a wise open space and he'd slammed a person in a suit of armor into the floor already. He wasn't really sure why Hiroki got pissed about it, he didn'tthink he caused her any permanet harm, and it was really fucking cool anyways. He does pushups sadly as he wonders.

Hiroki, for her part, has set up camp in on of the corners while she waits. She used her mech to carry a table over, and then spread her cloak across the floor beneath the table while leaving the tablecloth in place; she's currently curled up underneath the table, trying to catch a bit of shuteye before her next fight.

Eon

Having heard Cid's message, Eon decided to take himself to the ballroom. He could stay in some of the smaller rooms if completely necessary, but he preferred the open space. Reminded him of his space trips where he went around wherever he pleased. Getting there, he noticed Hiroki underneath the tables.

"That doesn't seem all that comfortable to me. Are you fine trying to rest under there?" he decided to ask.

"There's nowhere better to sleep." She couldn't exactly claim it was comfortable, though. She was used to expensive beds at home and the accommodations provided to the tournament participants; a stone floor with a cloak bundled up on top of it wasn't exactly the best surface for sleeping. 

Halley, already tired of waiting, decided to take the serving matters to her own hands, starting with the teammates in the closest room - the ballroom. "Anyone already hungry? The food's ready." She asked the others in the ballroom.

Eon

"I suppose so," Eon remarks, looking around the ballroom and seeing nothing that would constitute proper bedding. With that in mind, Eon goes a bit lower to the ground, some of the length of his tail besides Hiroki. "I'm not sure if you'll accept the offer, but I may serve as better resting material than a stone floor," Eon offers.  As he offers this he also notices that Lexiel has come by the ballroom as well, and gives a quick hello. He then hears Halley's declaration.

"Hmm, I don't require food personally, but thanks for the offer."

Lexiel raises an eyebrow at Andre.  "Somebody's wearing a costume?  Who?  Also, guys, the dragon smell followed us in.  They must have been a lot closer than I'm completely comfortable with if we still smell like them.  But yeah, I could go for some food.  A break from the old Golgari pay-per-meal box would be nice."

Edited by Zoe_Walker

Hiroki gazes at the dragon for a moment. That was. . . a little strange. Okay, it was really strange, but this had been a really strange day. And oddly enough, the celestial being didn't seem to bother her overmuch, though otherwise the room seemed to be getting a bit crowded. "Um, are you sure that's okay?"

Eon

"I don't mind much all things considered. Besides, it won't hinder me in any way, and you might get a bit more comfortable sleep," Eon states, affirming that he is fine with the decision. He then decides to respond to Lexiel's concerns, seeing as how they are still present.

"Don't worry Lexiel, I'll make sure that any dragons that come around don't bother anyone too much," he affirms, grinning a fair bit as well. Seems like she can't quite see through that halo of hers, Eon thinks to himself briefly.

Hiroki nods, clambering out from underneath the table and dusting herself off before wrapping her cloak about her. She stepped onto Eon's tail, gingerly at first, as if expecting to fall through or be burned. She let up briefly; the sensation of the dragon's exterior was odd, to say the least. Smooth, but somehow warm and cold at the same time. Still, it was better than the floor, and so she lowered herself onto it, curling up and using the cloak as a makeshift blanket.

"Food for one, alright." She turned to fetch a plate of food from the kitchen. Boiled cabbage leaves were lined up along the edge of the plate, with fried rice filling the center, dressed with ham bits, carp slices, corns, green peppers and rosemary. The smell of the dish wafted through the ballroom gently. She placed the plate on a buffet table in the corner, along with a basket of silverware. Barely anyone's hungry. The food will go cold sooner or later, soooo... She slipped back to the kitchen and locked the door.

"You might be smelling the dragon by you. Like, the one conversing with you. So don't freak out and try to kill him. Like, I suplex people for fun and to show my friends what I can do, but killing someone for the way they are ain't cool. Unless the way they are is committing war crimes. Still don't like Lance that much."

Andre frowns as he sets himself down on his feet.

"What?  No!  Why would I do that?  My old guildmaster was a dragon, and he was a perfectly nice guy.  I just don't want to get swallowed again," Lexiel exclaims, "It was bad enough the first time, but the second time the scaly bastard tried to wash me down with some sort of disgusting goblin beer.  There's a difference between caution and homicidal psychosis, you know.  I mean, most things have tried to eat me at one point or another, but I don't hold it against their whole species.  I-  Ohmygoodness this food is amazing.  I haven't had something this fresh in years.  And no fungi!"

"Everything was hand made..." Kenta says standing, he had heard about dragons but he had never seen one up close and the fact that he was in a room with one was slightly off for him. He looked at the Angel too and then began stretching keeping one eye on the dragon and the sleeping girl who he noticed slept soundly on the dragons tail. 

"Oi... Dragons are new for me, what do they call you?" he asks the dragon directly. 

"Cool, you ever seen a monolith? Nasty motherfuckers I tell ya what. Near impervious to everything, got a ton of health, and they can inflict instant death attacks. Ruddy horrible. Anyways, you guys wanna fight? If not I gotta do some magic training. Least that's what Nat said I need to do to get better at stuff like that. I don't believe it though, my muscles are so powerful that I can suplex robots and shit."

Andre shrugs as he stretches, his muscles glistening with sweat as he works out the kinks. Or maybe he's just showing them off. Either way, he's fucking ripped. Even his sweat smells of power, and not the rotten kind that comes along with stuff like necromanct, black magic, and Law School. It's more like a hydro-electric dam or a church.

"...  Eh, sure.  Why not?  It's been a while since I've had a friendly spar," Lexiel starts working at the seams of her mana gauntlet, "Just give me a second to get this off.  I find the spar feels a whole lot less friendly when people start losing teeth."

There's an audible cracking noise as Andre drops his hand wraps.

"Technically if I used this I would probably do less damage to you on account of them being holy... But where the fun in a spar where getting hit isn't a punishment? ... You know, I'm starting to realize why only Matt would spar with me back home."

"What, you think just 'cos I'm a mage I can't hold my own?"  Lexiel finishes unhooking her gauntlet, and sets it carefully on the table, along with a belt carrying several containers of a faintly glowing, blue liquid.  Safety attended to, she turns toward Andre, face set in a scowl, and drops into an incredibly rough boxing stance.  She doesn't come across as a complete amateur, to his experienced eyes, so much as someone whose 'training' has come entirely from infrequent street fights and bar brawls.  "Well, bring it on, ham fist.  I'll show you how we dance in the 19th district Wojeks, right before I knock your socks off!"

Edited by Zoe_Walker

Andre smiles for a moment as he pauses to get the giggles at Lexiel's odd trash talk out of the way. Then he straightens up and nods as he does a standing split before bringing his foot down like a sumo wrestler.

"Well, I'd deny it, but then I'd be lying."

With that said Andre takes off at a fast pace, before dropping into a slide to go between her legs and give her gut a good punch to get started. Gotta abuse the belly a little if you want to get a good fight going.