Gen 7 Sprite Pack

Amethyst

• Administrators

Hello,

Since we've finished the Gen 7 sprites for Reborn, I also want to make them available for other projects to use without having to wait for E17.

These are 5th-gen front/back-styled battlers for all Gen 7 Pokemon and Formes. Canon shiny and egg sprites are included.

You can use it in your projects as long as you credit the included list of people.

Shout to Jan, Zumi, Bazaro, Koyo and Smeargletail for helping with this. <3

https://www.rebornevo.com/downloads/Gen7Sprites.zip

I'm really curious as how Alola forms will introduced on Reborn...

Oh! and Silvally & UB's ofcourse!

I was ready some months ago to make a thread asking you to make Silvally a Meteor mon for the battle for Arceus but I heard that you won't add Gen7 until the game is finished, then when you changed your mind S/M was out and Silvally was a mon with just 570 BST

Edited by Qaaz

• Veterans
15 minutes ago, Slicster said:

Amazing work as always.

Regarding 7th Generation, will you be making a topic page where fans can send their ideal shiny so they might make an appearance in Reborn/Rejuvination?

I think these will be created for Rejuv and Reborn separately, as Jan is also working on a community shiny project for Rejuv, and Ame also did this for Reborn.

It's up to them separately in the end, I think.

• Administrators

The pack has been updated with some minor fixes to the base sprites (mostly transparency) and a script code to position A-Exeggutor's sprites in the summary screen and dex. The link is the same as the first post. 

That and if you're not confident in your skills you can focus on an area(spriting, music, mapping, tiling, or scripting) and join a team. It's far easier to develop a single skill instead of several, so it would be far better for someone not certain of their skills to do that.

I am making my own fangame alone, but I've had several years of experience as a both an artist and coder, so what you should be aiming for is getting the experience required right now rather than making a full-fledged game.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my....  I'm really loving the sprites!  Makes me anticipate for Gen VII in both Reborn AND Rejuvenation.  Hell, it makes me want to even start over Rejuvenation when V9 comes out.  ...I may as well do that.

On 22/01/2017 at 8:12 AM, Amethyst said:

if you want to do it, do it. you're capable. just go for it. either it works out because you're capable enough already, or in trying to do it, you become capable. 

On 22/01/2017 at 3:29 PM, Sarun said:

That and if you're not confident in your skills you can focus on an area(spriting, music, mapping, tiling, or scripting) and join a team. It's far easier to develop a single skill instead of several, so it would be far better for someone not certain of their skills to do that.

I am making my own fangame alone, but I've had several years of experience as a both an artist and coder, so what you should be aiming for is getting the experience required right now rather than making a full-fledged game.

You two are too kind. I will try to follow what you both said