Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Focus Sash?

Gab1

Question

16 answers to this question

Focus Sash
hidden in a rock at the right in the ledge rows under the Grand Stairway, hidden in a barrel in the Byxbysion Tunnels after reaching the Byxbysion Grotto and entering the hidden door behind the left light pillar/reactor

Hide contents

capture012_zpsc3udqtjx.pngcapture025_zpsz6qkpawt.png

Why not use this next time:

Edited by Lightseeker

Pokemon with Sturdy can substitute more than adequately enough for this item, but i think early on you don't find any (first ones i noticed around were Donphan and Geodude?)...

Btw, Donphan can also have Endeavor as an egg move (when bred with, for example, a Rattatta that knows it).

Swinub can learn Ice Shard (which essentially is a Quick Attack supereffective vs Garchomp), so you can use him after Endeavor. Alternatively, Donphan can learn this move too as an egg move if you wish.

IIRC you can easily catch a Phanpy (which evolves in Donphan) and a Swinub in the cave near Shade's gym.

Edited by Waynolt

you can also use intimidate on 2-3 pokemon, switch them so that garchomp gets -6 attack and then you start hurting it. toxic is good in this manner too, but he gets full restore. what i would use is 3 pokemon with intimidate, switch them to get the lowest attack stat for solaris, use a knock off user, if you can provoke him to launch a phisical attack you may use sticky barb (department store) and toxic, it will be beautifull. The ballon you can get in department store is good to lure a dragon rush (just switch for the pokemon with sticky barb). Just be carefull that all your pokemon or have an hold item or are speacial attackers

1 hour ago, GS BALL said:

Too much hassle. Wild Donphan come with "Scary Face" and "Earthquake" (but are rarely encountered)... One Scary Face on Garchomp, then Perish Song from Jynx and there you go. You rescue Smoochum in the same cave you get Donphan and if you postpone evolution until 45 level, you get the Perish Song at that level, instead of much later. (also, Jynx is naturally fast, with high sp.att. and has very dangerous typing for enemies, so it can get you going for long)

I still think the lowest-hassle-method-of-'em-all is to use a sturdy Bonsly... give him enough common candies (if needed) so that it can fully heal with the cheapest potions, then allow Garchomp to Struggle itself to death :lol:

you can use ep 15 to do it (that way i got it) but some rain days are also windy (at least I see hoppips near the slums)

On 08.01.2017. at 4:21 AM, Gab1 said:

Can I find a focus sash early in the game? I would want to beat Solaris in a new playtrough with Endeavor-Quick Attack Rattata.

It wont work, or your rattata has to be strong,

Spoiler

the garchomp has leftovers, donphan is better, has sturdy (no need for focus sash), with breeding it can learn endeavor and ice shard, even with super heated field it would do more than 1x damage and it might work, or you have to use something with knock off first. with heart scale or with common candies on another sturdy donphan (since it learns it at level 19 and evolves at level 25), breeding shuckle or tirtouga can help too. basically if you cant beat it with donphan alone you can use one of these 3 options, all with sturdy, and you have 2 pokemon able to take down any pokemon

phanpy has to be pick up and when it evolves it will be sturdy donphan

Just wanted to add that Sturdy/Focus Sash->Endeavor->Quick Attack/Ice Shard doesn't work unless you have Quick Attack/Ice Shard  on a second mon with very high Attack: Solaris' Garchomp seems to have Rough Skin (it did when I tried), so your first mon will kill itself after Endeavor.

And then Solaris will Full Heal the Garchomp, so good luck using Endeavor again now that the first mon is fainted and the Focus Sash is used.

I can confirm though that a Sturdy mon with lots of potions can beat it. (Used all my common candies on my Sturdy Magneton, then kept feeding it Lemonade until Garchomp struggled itself to death - used about 60 lemonades, luckily I had stocked up 99 of them at the Spyce and never used them XD )

Edited by Waynolt

On 2/10/2017 at 5:58 PM, GS BALL said:

Pseudo legendary, with strong and STAB moves, at level 75, while yours can only be 45 (if you want them to obey). Actually, Donphan with Sturdy is needed, so as to use Scary Face twice, then Jynx to use Perish Song. I even used Glare with Arbok, just to be certain...

Oh, shoot, my bad-I always confuse Scary Face with Mean Look, and thought that you were using Scary Face to make sure Perish Song would work. 

Alternatively, any Pokemon with Endeavor while holding a Focus Sash will work if you also have Vanilluxe with Snow Warning.

Send out Vanilluxe - Snow Warning kicks in

Garchomp takes out Vanilluxe

Send out Pokemon

Garchomp attacks - Focus Sash kicks in

Pokemon uses Endeavor

Pokemon Faints

Hail strikes

Garchomp Faints

Edited by Animefan666

The above strategy is valid, but only once E17 (and, thus, Gen VII mechanics) are released. As of right now, there are a number of ways to cheese the battle, the simplest being Prankster Perish Song Murkrow.

Another option is to bring a mon with Intimidate (I used Luxray, though Mightyena would arguable work better because of Earthquake) as well as a male Meowstic with Charm and Prankster. Bring the Garchomp's attack as low as it can go and you should be able to stall out his moves without needing to spend too many resources(The Garchomp actually goes into Struggle mode surprisingly quickly).

I used sticky barb. You just need something with knock off like Donphan (with sturdy), another mon with the sticky barb (any Pokémon would do)

Then another Donphan with sturdy and endeavor (with some item)

Optional a Pokémon with fling if the attacker isnt physical

Edited by Anti_Hero