Pokemon in Space [Interest Check]

Bfroger6

Space - the final frontier...

...the only frontier left...

Okay, that might've come off a bit too edgy.

Anyways, yeah, welcome to a world where space no longer exists and humans and Pokemon have long abandonded planet Pokearth before it got obliterated by an unseen force like the rest of universe.

Nothing exists anymore except the mighty Space Aether Foundation with the technology to create new mini-worlds for humans to inhabit. These mini-worlds are known as Nexuses and they look like spheres from the outside, but when entered they have the sky and water and everything else one might need to survive. Nobody really knows how they're made, but eh, nobody cares. Basically, Nexuses are worlds freely created by the Foundation to serve as a replacement for Pokearth. There's a lot of them, btw, because it's apparently easier to sustain many small ones than one big one.

Pokemon are inadvertedly treated as tools in this spacey society, only used by Space Aether Employees. Usually they're placed in any one of the 1,076,999 different containment facilities around the general perimeter of the Space Aether HQ.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a story of a group of young Space Aether Employee Cadets starting off their service to the Foundation.

This is a story of trust and friendship and space without space!!!

This is...

logo_by_ninjacyndaquil-dasp8xr.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello hello, and welcome to my lovely little Interest Check thread.

My name is Froger and I am here with a tale I want to tell. It is about Pokemon, and space, but not space, and a lot of other stuff thrown all together in a single batch!

So how did I come to the idea of hosting an rp? Well, Pokemon Sun & Moon came out and I finished my version of Sun. I don't have to explain it got me back into a pretty Pokemoney mood, right?

Oh, but this wasn't just a sudden decision. Nonono, I was actually planning this for a while. So don't worry, I actually put some thought into this.

Not to keep you waiting for too long, lemme start preaching my rp idea to you.

***STORY***

This rp is going to be set in a post-apocalyptic universe where all the stars and planets have vanished during what is known as the Great Catastrophe. Of course though, this knowledge has long been lost to the nether-drifting humanity, so you don't know anything about how life used to be. You're used to living in your little Nexus, going to your little Space Aether Academy and now being a happy-go-lucky Space Aether Employee Cadet preparing for your first Space Mission in Anti-Space. Anti-Space is lack of space, duh, because space disappeared. All Nexuses are constantly traveling through Anti-Space and the goal of humanity's journey is to reach the one lone star which still shines in the distant nothingess in hopes of recreating the universe.

However, unauthorized Nexuses have begun popping up en route on your journey and it's the Space Aether's job to neutralize them before they start posing a serious threat to the society.

I'll reveal more in the OoC.

Moving on...

***MECHANICS***

To make things more fair and easier to manage, I'll be involving stats in this roleplay. First off, no, don't worry, battles are not gonna be turn based. You'll be able to freely roleplay your battles. With a couple of restrictions, as I've already said.

-> Stats:

Important stats in Pokemon are, as well all know: Hit Points, Attack, Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense and Speed. For the purposes of this rp, it won't be necessary to calculate your Pokemon's stats by level, EVs and IVs. We're only gonna need the Pokemon's Base Stats and level to be able to calculate the stats important for this rp. To illustrate, I'll be taking Arceus as an example (because it's flat 120 across the board).

***Arceus's base stats***

HP - 120

Atk - 120

Def - 120

Sp.Atk - 120

Sp.Def - 120

Spe - 120

Above I've presented Arceus's base stats. In my rp, these stats would only be applicable on a level 0 Arceus. Why? Because I'm gonna be calculating stats by multiplying the base stats with the value of x1.00 + 0.01 per level. So a lvl 1 Arceus is already going to have its base stats multiplied by 1.01, bringing them up by 1, up to 121 across the board. On level 100 our Arceus would have its stats multiplied by 2.00, so basically, they'd be doubled.

For every 20 points in either Atk or Sp.Atk, a Pokemon's according attack power raises by 10. For every 20 points in Def or Sp.Def, a Pokemon takes 10 less damage. Max HP is calculated by multiplying base HP by 2.00 after multiplying it with the level value. So a lvl 100 Blissey would have 255 * 2.00 * 3.00 = 1530 HP. Pokemon with higher Speed can both move faster and act quicker in battle. Generally, two Pokemon with Speed stats differing by less than 20 can move equally as fast, but the Speedier Pokemon will still act first in the turn order.

Pretty simple, right? Let's see how it applies in battle.

-> Battle system/Moves:

The turn order refers to the order in which players will be able to post during combat. When initiating combat, the first post is usually going to be you and your opponent throwing your Pokemon out. After combat is initiated, I'll compare the Speeds of all Pokemon involved and post the turn order.

More importantly...

For the purposes of this demonstration, we'll be taking a look at our dear Arceus again. Battle are going to be freely roleplayed, so you can use your Pokemon's moves however you'd like. Heck, use an offensive move supportivly! Creativity is always welcome. But I am going to be complicating this system to remove any problems with vagueness about how or when or why your opponent's Pokemon is still standing after you've blasted it with a direct Hyper Beam.

So let's have a level 100 Arceus use a Hyper Beam. A level 100 Arceus has 240 Sp.Atk and Hyper Beam has a power of 150. For every 20 points of Sp.Atk, Hyper Beam's power goes up by 10. In Arceus's case, it goes up by 120 and then up by *1.50 because of the Same Type Attack Bonus. The final power of Hyper Beam is (150 + 120)*1.5 = 405. Arceus is attacking a lvl 100 Blissey using this Hyper Beam. A Blissey has 135 base Sp.Def, on level 100 it grows up to 270. And it has 1530 HP. For every 20 points in Sp.Def, it is going to take 10 less damage from Arceus's attack if it fails to evade it. Since it has 270 Sp.Def, Hyper Beam is going to do 405 - 130 = 275 damage, bringing it down to 1255/1530 HP.

Items which raise stats or attack power work exactly how you'd imagine them to work, so a Silk Scarf-wearing Arceus's Hyper Beam would grow by an additional *1.10 after calcing the final power, upping it to 445, while an Assault Vest Blissey's Sp.Def would go up by *1.50, up to 405. Oh, and all decimal numbers are rounded down. I forgot to mention that. Damage cannot be lowered under 1, so even a lvl 1 Caterpie is gonna be able to damage a lvl 100 Arceus. But only slightly.

Another new aspect of battling is going to be clashing moves. Physical moves clash with physical moves and special moves clash with special moves. A move can clash another move if its resulting power is equal to or greater than the opponent's move's resulting power. If it's greater, the move will be able to clash through the opponent's move.

Status moves cannot be clashed but can be avoided by smart usage of another move. If a move has a secondary effect, I will randomize whether or not the effect applies. You're gonna have to trust me not to cheat. Why the heck would I even wanna cheat? I'm the god of this world-less world. >:]

You'll be able to learn new moves after returning to HQ and talking to one of the NPCs. You'll have the ability to choose any move in your Pokemon's moveset under its current level. So like a Move Relearner, only free. Because Heart Scales don't exist anymore. Rip.

Got all of that? Good! I worked really hard to try and implement a battle system into my Pokemon rp. Of course, I'm open to suggestions and/or questions regarding it, because I may have missed a point or two.

-> Leveling

Pokemon level up by winning battles. I'm still thinking about how to implement this. Maybe say that you need to defeat two Pokemon of a similiar level and same evolution tier to level up, or one Pokemon >10 levels higher than you. Or four Pokemon 5 levels lower than you. Or one Pokemon of a similiar level but higher in an evolution chain. Maybe get two levels out of an evolved Pokemon >10 levels higher than you. Or two levels out of a Pokemon two tiers above you. Generally, Legendaries always fall in a special category. They may not even earn you levels, instead earning you something even better! Yes, I think I'll be going with something like this.

I'm very open to suggestion about leveling.

-> Dungeon Crawling

Have I mentioned Nexuses are going to be this rp's main dungeons and that you're going to be exploring them? No? Whoops~ Well, you are. At the start of a mission I'll be posting up a map of the Nexus Dungeon with a marked goal you need to reach and enemies or wild Pokemon standing in your way. While traversing a dungeon, you'll be able to move to any point of interest within a post, no matter the distance. This will be to minimize the dungeon crawling and make the experience more enjoyable. If an obstacle stand in the way to your point of interest, you're going to be stopped when you reach it and will need to remove it before you can advance. Special Cadet Skills will help you with this.

***MAKING YOUR CHARACTER***

Name:

Appearance:

Personality:

Backstory:

Starter:

Special Skill:

-> Name

Knock yourselves out. Future is spiffy.

-> Age

Anywhere between 11 and 25. Youngest Space Aether Employee Cadets start their cadetship at the age of 11 after finishing the Space Aether Academy. The regular populace usually starts the Academy at age 11 and finishes the 3 grades somewhere at age 17 after failing each year at least once. If you have the money, you can try again until you're 25. If you don't have money, you become a Space Aether Janitor. If you fail after turning 26, you become a Space Aether Janitor. It's simple.

-> Appearance

Your appearance and out-of-work wardrobe. Because Space Aether has regulations and uniforms. You can choose between a jumpsuit and a regular shirt and pants kind of uniform here for guys and a jumpsuit or shirt + skirt for girls.

-> Personality

Again, knock yourselves out. Anything goes, pretty much. There's no limit to how much you write in here.

-> Backstory

You'll be able to write this better when the actual OoC comes up if people show interest and I post stuff about the world. No paragraph limit once again. I won't be accepting your char if you only write one sentence though.

-> Starter

You've all requested a Pokemon from the Space Aether Foundation when you were given your jobs. This can be any Pokemon which is first in its evolutionary chain. Pokemon that don't evolve can't be requested. You'll be able to catch any Pokemon during Nexus Dungeons and every Nexus Dungeon is going to have its own unique ecosystem and obtainable Pokemon.

-> Special Skill

You will be able to pick one skill out of a set of skills when making your character. I will be posting these skills in the OoC, because I haven't made them all up yet, but they'll be useful both in and out of battle. Some examples I can give are these:

Resourceful | Allows the user to see special points of interest during Dungeon Crawling or during battle. These can turn the tide in your favor if investigated or made proper use of. |

Poke-Pro | Once during battle, the user can choose to use this skill to boost a stat of their choosing of their active Pokemon for the duration of the battle. |

Ninja | You move first in the turn order unless another character with Ninja has greater Speed than you. |

***Conclusion***

I'm inexperienced at hosting, but I want to try. This is a story I've had in mind for some time now and I want to share it with the world and have the world enjoy being a part of it. Roleplaying is an awesome medium and it's already given me a lot of fun times. What I want in this rp is people doing just that-having fun. I'm already making artworks for NPC, but I still have no clue how to properly draw dungeon maps. I'll try my best, of course. Also, I'm open and will appreciate any help if you see something wrong with my systems, because god knows how many mistakes I tend to make while making up all my ideas. Feel free to ask questions. This is basically just a draft. I'm far from making an actual OoC.

Enjoy!

Froger out~

Edited by Bfroger6

For dungeon maps, my personal recommendation would be either using roll20 or drawing programs that support layers. I personally use the latter on top of a pre-made grid map, as it makes it easy for me to move icons on the map without damaging the map itself.

You can tell that I'm interested.

deepnight.net/tools/tabletop-rpg-map-editor/

This works pretty well for me, you can also get Tiled online, both of these programs are free and they can be used to make maps.

I am interested in this RP, just gotta wait for an actual OOC post.

Scratch that, I already have this idea of a laughing man with a three headed dance battling dragon in his team, gonna write down everything that isn't the backstory.

Edited by Cronos5010
Aaaahahahahahahahahahahahaahaahahahahhaahahahha

I would suggest that for PvP pokemon move usage, that you have both parties relay their moves to you through private messaging, in order to further prevent meta gaming, since let's face it, they're still pokemon trainers, even if they are in spehss.

Well, it took me a couple days to read and process this, but I'm definitely interested.

Also, in regards to how the EXP/level system should go, I do have a suggestion. It's from an RP i wanted to do. You know, the one that I wanted to do last year that ended up falling through the cracks? Yeah, that one. I mean, I still want to do it, but I want to be sure I've got my stuff IRL together first.

*Ahem* Anyways, I more or less took the Star Point system from the Paper Mario 64 and TTYD and modified them for use in a level-based system like this. If I remember right, and I think I do, the amount of exp you got depended on your opponent's Pokemon's level, got an increase of decrease depending on yours and their evolution stage, and you got a bonus if they were a boss. It went something like this:

21 or more levels below: 0 exp. If no experience was rewarded during battle, then they will get a total of 1.

16-20 levels below: 1 exp

11-15 levels below: 2 exp

6-10 levels below: 5 exp

Between 0-5 levels away (from either above or below your Pokemon's level): 10 exp

6-10 levels above: 20 exp

11-15 levels above: 30 exp

16-20 levels above: 40 exp

21-25 levels above: 50 exp

(With both Pokemon having the same amount of stages in their evolution chain)

Same evolution stage: no exp change

With their evolution stage higher than yours: x1.5 exp is rewarded, rounding up, double exp if two stages below.

With your evolution stage higher than theirs: x.75 exp is rewarded, half exp if two stages above, both rounding down.

(A 3-stage evolution vs. a 2-stage evolution) Note: I honestly can't remember what I wanted to do here, but I think this is it...

Normal exp would be granted for first and second stage Pokemon if the opponent's Pokemon is in the first of it's two stages. 75% of that would be granted to a third stage Pokemon. The opposite would be applied if it was the other way around. Normal exp from first and second stage Pokemon and x1.5 exp from a third stage.

Normal exp would be granted for second and third stage Pokemon if the opponent's Pokemon is in the second of it's two stages and x1.5 for first stages. Again, the opposite is applied for the other way, with normal exp from second and third stages and x.75 from first stages.

And, of course, you would get a major exp boost from bosses and legendaries. How much of a bonus you would get depends on the difficulty.

Well, it was something like that, anyway. Actually, I think those numbers were supposed to be a little bigger, or at least a bit diferent. This was more or less an example... and more or less off the top of my head. I didn't even look up the actual system (it's still on my computer somewhere). You're more than welcome to use it. Wouldn't be showing it if I didn't want you to. You can take it, mess with it, take stuff, add stuff, subtract stuff, multiply it, divide it. You get it. Do what you want with it. You don't even really have to use it. It is just a suggestion, after all.

*Ahem* ...I'm getting carried away, aren't I? In that case I'll just leave you with this abnormally large wall of text. Good day!

Edited by Komodojoe

Awww, thanks guys, I'm super glad for all your help! Without further ado, I'll be replying to everyone in order...

@IntSys I don't feel like really making the maps in roll20, haha. Thank goodness I'm familiar with some drawing programs, like SAI~

@Cronos5010 Thanks for the online map makers, I opened them up and they look pretty neat. I wonder if I may be able to make full use of them running through some image editing program. I'll definitely be trying it out.
Also, well, I was thinking of just letting you guys post your moves up in the OoC to keep things simpler, though I think I get what you're saying. It'd be better if people didn't know which moves the other players have in their arsenals as if not to metagame and take up moves that could beat those moves in PvP. In battles against NPC enemies this issue is alleviated because you won't even get to see your foes' stats, lol, let alone their movesets~ 

I'll definitely consider it

@AGuyPassingThrough Yesss! I'll most definitely try to get this up there! Until then, do not lose hope, my dear friend you!

@Komodojoe This sounds interesting. Would you mind if I PM'd you about it? Because I'd also need to set how much exp is needed to level up at which level which is kind of a scary issue I'm facing, haha. It'd be nice to playtest this system and see for myself how it works. Thank you for you help, of course. I'm very grateful that you'd be willing to let me borrow this system ;]

There are also some things I've missed in my first post. For example, I wrote that the HP modifier is 2.00, but it's actually 3.00. I'll be correcting that. Also, I forgot to specify what clashing through meant. Clashing means that both attacks get cancelled when they meet. Clashing through means that one attack beats the other in power and only the weaker attack gets cancelled. For example, you cancel your opponent's Return with your Earthquake because you have higher Atk stat and you can still use your attack to damage the opponent. I apologize, I know it's self-explanatory and you probably understood what it meant in my first post, but I still felt the need to write a proper explanation for it.

Oh, and I wrote that Silk Scarf modified the damage by 1.10, when it actually modifies it by 1.20.

Natures are also a thing and modify stats by 1.10. I'll be randomizing three possible natures for a Pokemon you catch or receive, starters included, and then you'll be given a free choice between those three.

On the topic of starters, as I've said, all Pokemon that evolve are available, so if you wanna take a pseudo-legendary, be my guest. However, those do usually take a longer time to evolve, now don't they~? >:]

Oh, and Type:Null isn't available, btw.

Pokemon that evolve by trading can also be evolved by talking to a specific NPC. You'll be able to evolve a Pokemon that evolved at max friendship after going through a set number of missions/sub-missions together with that Pokemon. You'll be notified once your Pokemon is ready to evolve.

While I'm working on my concepts, I'll introduce an NPC...

spaceaetherpresidenthaetherfin2_by_ninja

Space Aether President Haether & Porygon-AZ

-The young president of Space Aether Foundation; cheery, outgoing and excitable; nobody knows how she keeps her hair up like that at all times-

-Porygon-AZ will coordinate your missions; he's gonna be sending messages to your Aether Communicators as you traverse the Nexus Dungeons and you're gonna wanna go to him if you're looking for your next assingment-

-----------------------------------------------------

The main method of communication between Space Aether Employee Cadets is the Aether Communicator, or the A-Comm. It will display the scanned Nexus Dungeon map for you and indicate your mission goal. After Mission #1 it will also display the available Pokemon in the area and serve as your Pokedex, so you'll be able to see what are your options for a new partner and have enough time to make a decision. You'll be able to use it to communicate among yourselves if you get separated or directly with Porygon-AZ at the HQ.

Additionally, on every mission, the minimum number of players deployed will be 3. You'll have a choice whether to go on a mission or stay at the HQ when the time rolls around. At the HQ you'll also be able to participate in missions. Sometimes, Porygon-AZ will request for some of you to stay grounded and perform some duties inside the HQ, like investigations and whatnots. These usually yield less Exp because battles aren't mandatory and you won't get a chance to catch new Pokemon, but the info and rewards you might get out of these Sub-Missions will be invaluable.

Catching Pokemon works simple when ordinary wild Pokemon are in question. You're usually gonna be able to outright catch your desired Pokemon after dropping its HP.

Oh, and we don't use Poke Balls at Space Aether. Instead, we use specifically-prescribed special Space Aether Balls. They're like, totally better.

symbol_by_ninjacyndaquil-daugeb4.png

There's also gonna be an evil team in this rp. What might this Symbol of theirs mean???

Froger out~

4 hours ago, Bfroger6 said:

@Komodojoe This sounds interesting. Would you mind if I PM'd you about it? Because I'd also need to set how much exp is needed to level up at which level which is kind of a scary issue I'm facing, haha. It'd be nice to playtest this system and see for myself how it works. Thank you for you help, of course. I'm very grateful that you'd be willing to let me borrow this system ;]

I wouldn't mind at all. In fact, it'd probably be better if we did and sorted it out because, let's face it, I never exactly tested it out myself. Also, in the games I got the idea from, the exp (star points) you would have to get to level up would always be 100, but the amount you would get would decrease every time you level up. Plus, the max level was like, 30 or something, which is why I messed with it a bit.

...But that's all for now. I get the feeling we're going to discuss this for a little while, so it's probably best to do this when you're ready.

Yuss, I am definitely going to create my "Man who laughs constantly while his Hydreigon named Kaiser decimates your team", eventually anyway; will there be a limit for nicknames?

And why does that symbol remind me of the Illuminati?

@Cronos5010 I suppose there'd be no limit for nicknames though people in Space Aether don't usually give them. Space Aether Employee Cadets are usually the only ones that permanently receive Pokemon for themselves. Keep in mind this would probably be the first Pokemon you ever had or have come in close contact with unless you were involved in a certain incident as a kid (which will all be in the story part of the OoC). It would definitely be the first Pokemon you can call your own, since Pokemon are for use by Space Aether only and bringing them out into public is prohibited so even if your family was in Space Aether too they wouldn't have been able to give one to you as a child. As such, having a Pokemon will be a new and strange but also exciting experience for the PCs.

Btw, when requesting a starter you'll only be writing which species of Pokemon you'd like. Once you receive them you'll be free to choose Natures, nicknames and the likes. I'll be taking care of their initial moves.

***UPDATE***

-> Exp System

The Exp system will use Komodojoe's idea as its basis. New suggestion is that the Exp multiplier be determined by the difference in the number of EVs the Pokemon involved yield. For instance, Parasect yields 2 Atk and 1 Def EV, which equates to 3 EVs in total. A Fearow yield only 2 EVs. Therefore, Fearow will receive a *1.50 modifier to the earned Exp value after beating Parasect, even though they are both evolutinoary stage 2 Pokemon. A Spearow would get a multiplier of *2.00 beating a Parasect. (what the heck though, who gave Parasect 3 EVs, lol, Parasect will be the Audino of this rp except easier to kill xD)

Trainer controlled Pokemon give +10 additional Exp.

It takes 100 Exp for a Pokemon to level up.

-> Special Skills

The special skills Poke-Pro and Resourceful are removed. Instead, they will be replaced by these new skills:

Attacker | Once per battle, raise your active Pokemon's Atk and Sp.Atk stats by 1 stage until it switches out or is defeated |

Defender | Once per battle, raise your active Pokemon's Def and Sp.Def stats by 1 stage until it switches out or is defeated |

Dungeoneer | Allows the user to detect special hidden points of interest on the dungeon map |

Adding more new skills is in progress. Good thing is now we have 4 instead of 3!

-> Accuracy and Evasion

Moves which either lower or raise the accuracy or evasion of the battlers have their effects revoked. Instead, these moves will now affect the chance of infllicting added effects with moves by the values of *0.25, 0.28, 0.33, 0.40, 0.50, 0.66, 1.00, 1.50, 2.00, 2.50, 3.00, 3.50, 4.00. A Cleffa targeting a Riolu with -6 evasion after 3 Metronome invoked Sweet Scent will have a 40% chance of burning it after hitting it with Flamethrower. However, the same would only apply to a move such as Ancientpower if Cleffa had +6 accuracy. The Riolu's chance of inflicting added effects would not be lowered because its evasion got lowered, tho. A Cleffa with -6 accuracy would only have a 2.5% chance of inliftcing a burn with Flamethrower.

So go cray cray with dem Mud Slaps to keep that Cleffa away from you, yo. I like Cleffa tho.

Also, keep in mind that moves like Smokescreen can still be used to flippin' blind everything with smoke. It's just that accuracy and evasion are useless in my battle system so I just changed what they do.

-> Turn Order

The turn order cannot be changed mid-battle if a Pokemon raises its Speed stat though it will still let the Pokemon move faster in comparison to the opponent.

-> Priority Moves

Moves with priority don't act first but instead cannot be clashed with moves that have lower priority than them. They can still be clashed with the moves of the same or higher priority, though.

Because status moves cannot be clashed, the abilites Prankster and Triage will be edited accordingly. Abilities like Dazzling and Queenly Majesty, as well as the Psychic Terrain still prevent moves with priority from being executed. Also, Gale Wings no longer affects status moves because of this. (haha, it got even more nerfed now~~~Talonflame rip)

-> Abilities

Wild Pokemon (and starters) will have one of their possible abilities randomly assigned to them upon a succesful catch/acquisition. Perhaps someone very nice from the Space Aether NPC Staff could help you if you don't like the abilities you ended up with. There's a catch tho and it's that they're only gonna do it... for a fee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! o-o

Oh, and there's always going to be a 5% chance that a Pokemon will have its Hidden Ability (except with Starters, rip).

-> Egg Moves

There's no breeding, but there's gonna be a way to get these.

I need to roleplay a battle against myself to test this stuff out. For now I have no clue what to do with flinching, lol. More info will be added/changed after I do that.

p.s.

Do give suggestions or ask questions if you so wish ;]

I'm just making these posts so I don't forget anything I want to add. Also, posting it up on the forum really gets me to think things through the way I wouldn't if I just jotted it down in my notebook because it's sort of more final, so everything first goes here before I write it down for myself and I like to hear people's opinions as well.

Btw I'm still a long ways from finalizing this project.

Froger out~

The deino line has no hidden abilities.

How would TM/HM moves work? some of the HM's are pretty good when put on certain pokemon, so how would we get them? since TM's technically don't have a limit as to when a pokemon can get them, other than you not having the TM/HM, or the pokemon just not being able to get it in the first place.

You'll find TMs in dungeons~ They'll be laying on the ground. You can also get them from some fights.

***Update***

World Map, v.1

worldmap_by_ninjacyndaquil-dava7wm.jpg

7 main Nexuses + 1. 

1,076,999 smaller Nexuses -> Pokemon facilities (stars inside the Nexus grid).

12 training facilities (only one visible on the map).

Dungeon #1 Map - Crystal Forest F0

dungeonmap_crystalforest_by_ninjacyndaqu

X - target (can be a PvB battle).

! - PvWP battle.

!! - More difficult PvWP battle.

| _ - doors (unlockable).

? - unspecified point of interest.

Red - visible.

Green - only visible to Dungeoneer.

You can't proceed without interacting if a point of interest is in your path.

-> Status Inflicting moves

Moves that inflict special status conditions and things like Leech Seed have an innate fail chance equal to 100% - their Acc. They only take effect on the turn after the target has been confirmed hit and I've rolled the fail chance.

Paralysis lasts for 3 turns. It drops the effective Speed stat of the afflicted by half and makes them act last in the turn order.

Burn drops the effective Attack stat of the afflicted by half, therefore dropping their power. Does 1/16 max HP damage.

-> Triage/Prankster

Triage gives +3 priority to damaging draining moves, making them unclashable by anything in a lower priority bracket.

Prankster lets you target two Pokemon at once with a status move (such as Leech Seed) that would otherwise target only one. Status moves targeting the user work normally.

-> OHKO moves

OHKO moves have 0 power and are, therefore, easy to clash. Well, more like disrupt, as they're actually insanely powerful. If they hit though, you get insta-KO'd. So do beware.

(gee, I do wonder if flinching the enemy might help with this in some way, hmmmmmmmmmmm)

-> Inclusion of PC vs Wild Pokemon battle style (PvWP)

This will work like normal Pokemon battles to minimize time consumption. All moves and abilities work like they do in the games. Actually, all of it works like in the games, except stats and calculations.

Trainer battles, dungeon bosses and legendary Pokemon use the new system. (PvP/PvB)

-> Flinch

Flinch pushes the target to move last in the next turn. Also, their attacks receive a -1 priority penalty for that turn.

First dungeon will be a test-ride. Possible tweaks will happen after it's done~

And I think that's all. I'll be finishing my designs and plot overview, then posting the OoC next. Don't expect it to be out in the next couple of days, though. I'll try to make it as soon as possible. Expect it to happen in the next couple of weeks.

p.s. I'm excited, haha!

Froger out~

This looks interesting. Out of curiosity, if I have a decent understanding of physics, can I abuse it considering that these battles are occurring in space?

If so, peg me as interested. If not, still peg me as interested.

First of all, Hype!, and second of all, I actually thought this would take longer, it seems about time to dust off the good old organic character generator (My brain), so yeah the TM thing seems about right, (come watch me not share it with anyone) I assume that the TMs will be brought back to base?

So yeah, look forward to me PMing you with my tentative char sheet.

This definitely has piqued my interest! I used to be in a Pokemon RPG a few years back and it was a blast and I've always wanted to get back into one.

I cant wait to see any further developments you make and or share with us : D

12 hours ago, Mogget said:

Out of curiosity, if I have a decent understanding of physics, can I abuse it considering that these battles are occurring in space?

You can only abuse your character's understanding of physics, if they have any~ Don't forget it ain't you that's in the actual game.

Also, not all battles will be in space. It depends on the Nexus. Or if you're fighting outside of a Nexus, but that would be anti-space.

8 hours ago, Cronos5010 said:

I actually thought this would take longer, it seems about time to dust off the good old organic character generator (My brain), so yeah the TM thing seems about right, (come watch me not share it with anyone) I assume that the TMs will be brought back to base?

It might take longer. What I wrote is still the most optimistic outcome, haha. I'll update you all on it if I see I won't make it in time. I do have the start and finish in mind. I still need to worldbuild all of the main Nexuses one by one though.

And about the TMs...they don't exist in your society anymore. You think Aether still uses DVDs? Hell naw, TMs run on BlueRay nowadays. So when you find 'em, do what you want, but you'll have to consider your circumstances working in a team and under Porygon's watchful eye~

7 hours ago, Silver871 said:

I cant wait to see any further developments you make and or share with us : D

Thx~

49 minutes ago, Cronos5010 said:

Quick question, if I sent you a personal message containing a tentative character sheet, would you be annoyed?

I wouldn't be annoyed, I'd be glad~

But the viability of this varies on the goal you wish to accomplish by sending me your sheet now. If you just want to show me your personality and Pokemon without asking me tricky questions about your possible backstory now that the plot and history hasn't been revealed yet (which I honestly do expect is what you wanna send me your sheet for~), then yep, you can send it to me. Everyone can send them to me for that. Because the only reason I could see against you sending me your tentative character sheet would be that it could induce a sense of you getting some sort of special treatment, but once the OoC is up, everyone who wants to participate will have to PM me their sheets before posting them anyways, so I'd say it's okay, especially since I am not gonna reveal anything to you and if something slips from me Imma post it right in this thread and also say that everyone else can do the same if they're bored. Seeing what Pokemon you'd all wanna start with could help me balance out the early stages of the game (since I'm still inexperienced at this stuff, and usually the games only have a limited choice of mons while these Poke-rps usually let people choose ANYTHING which I'm afraid could give me problems), though I already have a design that I think could incorporate literally any Pokemon and type combination of the players' partners.

Do keep in mind that overhyping right now when the start of the rp is still a ways off could lead do disappointments if I have to postpone it for any reason.

tl;dr

If you wanna discuss backstory, there's gonna be a time for that when the actual sign-ups start. If you want to do anything other than discuss backstory and world elements, then sure, send it~

Froger out~

p.s.

I mean, it would give me something to do and look at while I'm derping, lol, so I personally ain't against it xD

I love looking at characters.

Also, you seem to be pretty excited so who am I to crush your drea- oh wait, yeah, I'm the GM of this roleplay. It's my job to do that~

p.p.s.

Wow that was long. But I have to be fair. Have a nice image.

Nexus #00 - Space Aether Foundation Headquarters + Aether City

(aka, where you live at the start of the plot)

hqfin_by_ninjacyndaquil-davmeyx.jpg

I'm interested in this. This will be only the second game I have joined on this forum, so forgive me if I have an unusual method compared to others here. (I usually rp on Bay 12)

Should I make a character sheet now? Or are we waiting for the actual OOC thread? Or something else?

39 minutes ago, S34N1C said:

Should I make a character sheet now? Or are we waiting for the actual OOC thread? Or something else?

You should probably wait for the OoC unless you really want to send it now. I won't give you any feedback yet though even if you send it, other than about the technicalities if you perhaps missed something from the updated.

I mean, I wrote a whole megapost about it, lolz, haha

Also, I forgot an important category in the character sheet section - Appearance. Whoops. I'll add that, though it ain't as important right now as it's gonna be when the OoC goes up.

generally speaking, simply stating one's intrigue in an interest check thread is never confirmation or reservation for a spot upon launch. Though, this is of course, Froggers rodio and perhaps I might be wrong, but just generally... if someone wants to participate, they have to make a showing of their commitment through creating and submitting an actual character sheet. 

Again, Bfrogger is likely to give a more concrete answer here himself, but... if sign ups and rosters around here were all based on statements of interest made on prototype/ early peeks of the RP's structure alone, then we would have alot more roleplays that would've crashed and burned before they made it off the runway and into the air. The reason most hosts don't do sign-ups based on Int Checks alone is because: Expressing interest at one point in time doesn't guarantee that said interest will hold up once presented with the final product, or that folks won't simply forget in the time between the idea's proposition and it's final presentation.

Yeah you don't get any perks just by showing interest. If you want in you gotta post when the actual OoC thread is out and I tell you all that sign-ups are open. Then you character needs to be accepted. If it's not good, I'll help you fix it. But if it keeps not being good, I'm not gonna accept it.

Interest checks are, to me, basically just to see if something's worth doing. Since I'm a goddamn Wimpod I would've completely abandoned this had I gotten no replies when I posted the thread. Rip me. Also, in this case, I used the interest check to showcase my new system and get some feedback from people on it. So while I definitely am grateful to you for showing interest and, in a way, cheering this project on, it's not gonna guarantee you getting in. I'm gonna be fair. Some people may not have posted here but are interested. Or some people are only gonna notice it when I post the OoC and sign-ups. So everyone gets equal chance to get in, just how it's supposed to be ~

Froger out~

Aren't interest checks used by GMs to check if the roleplay will have players or not?

Anyways, the system looks nice coming along, though I can see that status moves and flinches are going to be a lot less effective in battle. Fine by me, I abhor flinches.