Ace Trainer Ella accepts the new challenge

StarAngel17

Hello~ I saw HeroVoltsy on YouTube playing this game and decided that it would be the perfect game to play while waiting to ring in the New Year.

I gladly boast the following Pokemon related achievements:

~Haven't lost a battle since my very first playthrough of my very first game

~Champion of every region to date

~Have created my own Pokemon game before (never finished cause I lost my program, but that is besides the point)

~Own at least one version of every gen (emulator or hard copy)

~Currently have 4 hacked games (soon to be five when this download finishes)

Non-Pokemon related hobbies:

~Cosplay

~Writing stories (proudly authored 4 originals, 6 fanfictions, and close to 200 one-shots [original or fanfiction])

~Drawing (though not very often)

Can't wait for this download to finish so I can ring in the new year with what sounds like the most exciting Pokemon hack I've ever heard of~

Welcome to Reborn, Ella. I hope you'll enjoy the challenge the Reborn League could offer to you, just like the other trainers here. May Absol's Super Luck be with you ...

[HorribleSubs]_Bakuon!!.jpg

I'm having a Suzuki for New Year's breakfast. You ?

Edited by Nagisa_Hideyoshi

Welcome to Reborn! May your streak of winning every battle keep up throughout everything the game throws at you c:

As a small side note, though: Reborn isn't a hack, it was made with RPG Maker and as far as setting and story go, is completely original.

Hopefully you'll enjoy it~

Thanks for the tips. The game does look pretty crazy from what I've seen so far, but it only makes me more exctied! ...and worried because of the extreme level jumps between npc's.

Edited by StarAngel17
spelling mistake bothered me

Yeah, you'll definitely do well to be careful before charging into battles - the game is designed to be difficult, and sometimes even the regular trainers have 'mons with neat movesets on them.
There's a lot of tips that can be given for the beginning of the game, but if you're determined to not lose any battles, my best suggestion would be to make sure you visit the Poké Center often, even in between random NPC battles, and search for hidden items when you can. There's lots of them, and you never know when those potions and status healers may come in handy...
It is definitely possible to beat the game without losing - I know of at least one person who managed to nuzlocke it blindly. But if you charge into plot-heavy parts or boss battles without preparations, it can make for some surprises for sure c:

Welcome to reborn and happy new year!
Just one advice, there is a way to win every battle that reborn have to offer,  Even if the battle seems impossible at first

Take this advice to heart and have fun with this amazing game ^^

Welcome to Reborn, the land of crushed dreams for some and pokemon paradise for others.

Here's hoping your winning streak keeps up, and a few words of advice: try to always have a pokemon with Nature Power, it often comes in handy when you truly need it, and NEVER underestimate your opponent. You should also abuse the Save button, and get lots of potions.

...Ok I'm done. XD

GOOD LUCK!!! (and happy new year!)

54 minutes ago, StarAngel17 said:

Well, I haven't lost a battle yet in Reborn. I even beat both of the rivals :3

Be careful, like Ama said, don't ever take the gyms lightly. Rivals maybe easy (I love whipping Fern's team) but Leaders are whole different level. Unless you're strong as Bibs, the legendary Nuzlocke Emperor ...

P/s: Always think that the enemy always has the counter for your counter, also for your counter to counter that counter earlier.

Edited by Nagisa_Hideyoshi

Welcome to Reborn! A land where all of us enjoy being made to suffer because of Ame's creations :P 

Hope your streak continues! (here's a heads up: Garchomp ;) )

and see you around the forums! 

5 hours ago, StarAngel17 said:

I gladly boast the following Pokemon related achievements:

~Haven't lost a battle since my very first playthrough of my very first game

~Champion of every region to date

Oh my, such boastfulness - is this the exhilarating swagger of youth?
Don't worry, we were all like you when we first came here

With starry eyes we eagerly  set forth on this journey, only to face the horrors of Reborn

We all floundered, many failed... but a few succeeded

Do enjoy this wonderful game you're about to play

We can't do much for you, but we can give you this assurance:

This game can be beaten despite not seeming to be at times

~ I guess what I'm trying to say is, welcome to Reborn

Welcome to Reborn, friend! You'll have a fantastic time here. Be sure to check out some of the other fan-made games while you're around!

Edit: Also, your perfect record may not be so perfect as you play Reborn.

Edited by Dypatome

18 hours ago, StarAngel17 said:

Well, I haven't lost a battle yet in Reborn. I even beat both of the rivals :3

I don't think rivals will be an issue most of the time. But some Gym leaders will.

I honestly think is not possible to beat reborn for the first time without ever losing a single battle, just like it's imposible to play pokemon online without ever losing. Gym leaders have very effective,and also unexpected strategies sometimes. You have to bring the right counters for them and send out your pokemon in the right order; there's no way you can get this right EVERY TIME by chance alone (Unles you research what awaits you before gym battles, which takes a lot of fun out of the game in my opinion). 

Good luck and don't let a couple of defeats get to you, reborn is not supposed to be that kind of game anyway.

Edited by Aloha