E16 Public Release now available!

Amethyst

Just now, Cronos5010 said:

Have you fixed the weather problem?

its not exactly a weather problem its a new system.

Ame said when i asked:

there is!
the first thing to know is that it is kind of a little bit busted as of the community release, but has, we dearly hope, been fixed for public
it works on a 5 day cycle updating every 8 hours (instead of a 7 day cycle updating every day)

9 minutes ago, Amethyst said:

sorry dear, slight typo; should be fixed.

and it tried to be a thing, but didn't do it very well.

Her name is Aya and it's cause she doesn't care about the rules.

Well I'm downloading it so it's time I finally get to work on this behemoth project of mine.

• Administrators

Yes, it is, assuming you update! You will always need to be on the latest version to play online!

We had to take it down to update and to fix a small issue with speed ties  but it should be all set by now.

(ps: dig the name. nico robin was the best character in that show. ^^)

• Upvote 1

Wonderful! Thank you! I restarted for the community release and I just finished Julia. I'll switch over to this public release and I will have so much fun!

Things I look forward for E17:

- All the move animations! I want earthquake and surf!

- Desert area == Gible? Want want want

- Hunting for new bugs! Scizor? Yes. Words like "exhiliarting"? Definitely!

- All those tiny teasers and updates that make me appreciate the vast amount of work the development team gets done.

- To be surprised, entertained, and shocked... or pummeled.

Just wondering why you put ~50 hours of playtime? Is that nominal? To me, it takes more like 100 hours from start to finish.

Edited by Busti
edit

Hi, first of all I wanna say thank you to Amethyst for this great game , Im new in this forum btw!, Well Im about to finish chapter 15 , can you guys tell me how to update to episode 16, step by step I dont want to mess up my saved file xD .

PD: Sorry for my english , is not my native language >.< 

4 minutes ago, Knightwalker said:

Hi, first of all I wanna say thank you to Amethyst for this great game , Im new in this forum btw!, Well Im about to finish chapter 15 , can you guys tell me how to update to episode 16, step by step I dont want to mess up my saved file xD .

PD: Sorry for my english , is not my native language >.< 

Welcome to the forum Knightwalker :) 

Just make sure you first save in the same room as Ciel (the last gym leader in Ep. 15)

This should be the room inside the circus tent.

You can close the game after saving in there.

Then download the latest version of Reborn (Ep16 Community RElease)

and simply play :) 

Hope that helps :D 

Edited by Nico_Robin

Ame, what the relationship point does ? Is it the similar to certain games like Persona series or there are some pokemons and items that can only be acquired by achieving certain level of relationship ? Or its just dating sim ...

Youjo_senki_vol2_cover.jpg

PLUS ULTRA!!

Edited by Nagisa_Hideyoshi

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Busti said:

Just wondering why you put ~50 hours of playtime? Is that nominal? To me, it takes more like 100 hours from start to finish.

I try to pick a fairly average number, and many players won't thoroughly grind or explore, especially when not between episodes.

1 hour ago, Nagisa_Hideyoshi said:

Ame, what the relationship point does ? Is it the similar to certain games like Persona series or there are some pokemons and items that can only be acquired by achieving certain level of relationship ? Or its just dating sim ...

PLUS ULTRA!!

They're just there for later. Don't expect too much of them. 

57 minutes ago, loveDBZ said:

Would you suggest those who downloaded the Community release, now download the public release ? 

Yes, please do! There are multiple bug fixes for many a thing. Also you need the latest version to play online.

37 minutes ago, Howin said:

Is the soundtrack still compressed in this release? If so, do you ever plan in listing an alternative non compressed download? 

Thanks for everything! 

I'm 99% sure the public release has uncompressed music. 

Thank you Ame and the team for the great work!

Just a quick question, if I update my game from the community release to the public one, will my current relationship variables be reset or is everything going to be kept?

Trying to stay best buddies with Cain and Cal