So kids, here's that 8th episode. I'm cranking them out lately and I feel pretty good about this bold attempt. So I decided to do two things I've been wanting to practice more. "B story writing" and "show don't tell" I commented on another writer needing to do this and decided my own medicine might actually be tasty. So in this episode I focused on Blaze, Justin's best friend and Combusken and Isabella, the Kirlia that Blaze rescued in the prior chapter. The two share a bit of time together in this episode showing how Blaze represents a lot of what Justin teaches. But I've avoided the talking Pokémon route so while they talk to each other (mainly Blaze talking) we are left to fill in the blanks of what he said. Not how he said it. Does it work. is it dumb? I uhhno. You tell me. And in the grand new fashion of the site changing it up I decided to do the same and start making these episodes have their own post. I originally liked seeing the post numbers hit over a hundred but I figured easier readability is a little smarter. So here is episode 8 "Underbelly" bone apple teeth everyone.

Int. seacrest's garden (afternoon)

Blaze has just arrived to the garden holding the very wounded Kirlia. Nancy is at the desk in the main lobby and rushes over towards the two.

Nancy

(concerned)

What happened?!

Blaze nods his head towards her legs.

NaNCY

Alright, we'll take care of her. Bring her to the infirmary.

Blaze follows a rushing Nancy into the back room where some beds and medical equipment are setup. It isn't well setup like most Pokécenters but it has enough to make do.

NANCY

Please.

(nancy gestures to set her down on a bed)

Was it a fight?

Blaze shakes his head.

NaNCY

It doesn't matter. We'll have her fixed up soon. You did good getting her here Blaze.

Blaze nods then proceeds to walk off but is gently lifted off the ground by a psychic energy. He turns his head back to see Kirlia weakly reaching out as Nancy turns towards him.

NANCY

I think that means she wants you to stay.

Blaze looks at his watch then out the doorway and proceeds to drop his head for a brief moment. When he raises it again he displays a cheerful smile and caws while laughing, seemingly assuring his new telekinetic friend he will stay. He turns soothing music on via his watch and holds her hand.

NANCY

You may want to hold tightly, there's been some severe trauma to her ankles and I can't guarantee this will be painless.

Kirlia gazes upon Blaze with a worried expression. He simply pets her hand and caws gently calming her down if only slightly.

Outside the doorway we see Seacrest holding Lucky, peering into the infirmary from a distance.

Seacrest

Would you look at that. A shred of maturity coming from one of the boys. I may even be proud of the chicken tender... If he can keep from burning my garden until the boy gets back.

(tickling Lucky)

What do you think are the odds on that?

Lucky cheers while in Seacrest's arms

SeACREST

You're right it is hilariously low. I hope you stay my favorite Lucky.

Lucky turns and hugs Seacrest. He sighs joyfully.

SeACREST

I think the odds on that are pretty high.

ExT. Obsidia ward/Opal ward divide

Justin and Luxcalibur are reaching the end of Opal ward where it meets with Obsidia. Luxcalibur looks at his friend every so often with concern.

Justin

I'm okay.

Luxcalibur keeps his eyes fixated on Justin as they walk. Justin is clearly flustered but no longer angry as he was when we last saw him.

JUSTIN

I...

(trying to think)

I don't like how some people treat Pokémon... Believe me, my family hasn't been the best when it comes to em, we fight dragons virtually every day to get stronger. I've hurt a lot of people and Pokémon just to get stronger so maybe I'm a hypocrite but...

(Justin stops)

I decided... I don't want to get strong that way. What good is beating on someone who doesn't want to fight ya know...

Luxcalibur jumps up and puts his paws on Justin's shoulders. Justin hugs his jungle cat friend.

JusTIN

I can't promise I wont freak out ever again if I see people like that... But I do promise next time I'll listen when I hear you yelling.

Luxcalibur gets down and purrs as he smiles.

JusTIN

(whispering)

I'd rather not have you punching me in the face to get my attention too.

The two continue walking to see officers at the dividing barricade talking to a woman.

Florinia

Yes thank you, I believe I'll be going back alone. Julia has failed to answer and I can only assume she's run out of caffeine, regardless I have to continue my efforts in resolving the damage to these wards.

Officer

Yes ma'am. If you'd like for one of us to accompany you it-

Justin and Luxcalibur reach the gate.

JusTIN

Would be unnecessary. Her high level trainer body guard is going to assist.

Florinia turns to see Justin flashing his "badge"

JUSTIN

One "whatchamacallit" badge, showing that I Justin Weyland have been given authority by Nancy and the Reborn association to act within reason on matters that threaten this region or it's peoples safety.

Everyone looks on skeptically.

OfFICER

Check his Pokédex.

One of the officers walk over and scan it with a strong pronged device. It beeps for a moment then the color turns yellow.

OFFICER 2

(surprised)

Well I'll be damned. Kid's telling the truth.

JuSTIN

Hey Lux, "duh" as a catchphrase. Yay or nay?

Luxcalibur shakes his head.

JusTIN

Doubly noted.

OFFICER

Miss Florinia, your order?

FLORINIA

Considering. Justin, what did you learn from your battle?

JUSTIN

Go hard or go home dawg.

FLORINIA

You do understand this to be a viral plant infestation that threatens to destroy the city literally from the inside.

Justin notes of the vines tearing through the grounds and buildings. People nervously walk around them, some whipping around more violently than others causing passerbys to take extreme caution.

JuSTIN

Yes Flo-rini-robot.

FLORINIA

I can expect your total seriousness while taking care of this matter?

JuSTIN

I'm all serious'd out. I can promise that neither of us will die, how's that?

FLORINIA

Bear in mind that I take no responsibility in what you do here. That was waived when you decided to join this cause.

Justin salutes and Luxcalibur follows suit.

JuSTIN

I'll die for my country captain.

Florinia begins walking towards the Obsidia ward center. Justin awkwardly passes by the stiff upset guards who don't allow space for Justin to easily pass.

JusTIN

Just... Gonna... Squeeeeeeeze on in guys. Don't move or anything.

FLORINIA

Do your best to follow my lead and we may end this trifling matter without harm.

JuSTIN

The rundown?

FLORINIA

Observe.

Justin looks further around the ward to see widespread devastation. Malignant growth occupies much of the architecture. The only building that thankfully hasn't been damaged in any way is the Pokémon center.

JUSTIN

Looks pretty bad Flo.

FLORINIA

Agreed, the current status of this ward is deplorable at best. However we need merely find the seed of this disaster and we can avert further catastrophe.

JusTIN

So you thinking the people that blew me up and setup the poisoned plant are behind this.

FLORINIA

I can arrive at no other conclusion...

Florinia notices the crevice that currently divides the city in half.

FLORINIA

We have however arrived at an impasse.

JUSTIN

Its a small gap. I'm sure me and Lux can clear it.

FLORINIA

I feel as though gap is undervaluing its size. Its roughly thirty feet in diameter.

JuSTIN

Yep. Hop on Lux's back and we can get to that very ominous looking forest.

Justin points to the floral outbreaks core.

FLORINIA

Obsidia park. A viable source as its the largest source of green in this ward.

JUSTIN

Neat. Let's go.

Justin gets ready to take off but Florinia grabs his arm.

JUSTIN

(annoyed)

What the floatzel?

FlORINIA

Perhaps something waits for anyone who would dangerously traverse across.

(she pulls out a Pokéball)

Venasaur.

The plant dinosaur emerges from the ball with a mighty roar next to Justin.

JUSTIN

(covering his ears)

Okay I am RIGHT next to you!

FLORINIA

Use your vines to bring me across the crevice.

Venasaur uses its vines to gently pick up Florinia and slowly carry her across the hole in the ground. Slowly but surely she safely makes it across without harm.

JUSTIN

Look at that. Now its time for me to safely follow without any mishaps whatsoever. Time to jump without any fear of repercussion at all.

Justin starts running and jumps above the gap.

JUSTIN

(mid hop)

Can't imagine anything going wrong here.

Several vines pop up and grab Justin by his arms and legs.

JuSTIN

(terrified and screaming)

I'VE SEEN ENOUGH HENTAI TO KNOW WHERE THIS IS GOING! LUX HELP!

Luxcalibur roars and Venasaur shoots razor leaf in unison with vine whip freeing Justin and catching him in friendlier vines and reeling him to safety.

JusTIN

Man this journey sure does have some unexpected twists and turns huh guys?

Luxcalibur looks down the abyss with his eyes in full glow.

JusTIN

Is there a lot bud?

The lion simply nods.

JuSTIN

So... Flo, much like the street there's gonna be a similar dissection going on here.

FLORINIA

It would appear so. Take the southern route. It will lead you through the underground paths.

JUSTIN

Rife with danger?

FLORINIA

That would be the safest assumption.

JUSTIN

Alright, sit tight and try not to get famous on vine.

FlORINIA

(beat)

I'll pretend as though I did not understand that.

Justin chuckles as he and Luxcalibur head down the streets towards the ghetto.

FlORINIA

You would do well to exercise caution. A good deal of the people comment on the underground coming alive which may be tongue for dangerous Pokémon.

JUSTIN

I will be careful. Swearsie realsies.

Florinia recalls Venasaur and ventures towards the jungle that now covers Obsidia Park.

InT. SEACREST'S GARDEN (Late AFTERNOON)

The garden has a few trainers in it, some are battling the local Pokémon while others are simply enjoying the nice day. Seacrest is sitting in a relaxer with Lucky, both are asleep. Soldier is sitting next to them meditating. Rebecca is monitoring a battle. We see towards the back of the garden Blaze is with Kirlia helping her walk along with Nancy. Every so often a blue aura covers her legs.

NANCY

I'm sorry but if you use your psychic power to assist in walking your legs wont regain their strength.

The young esper looks saddened and drops her head. Blaze raises her head high and gestures to mimic him as he takes a deep breath then proceeds to move forward one step at a time. After following the young foul's instructions Kirlia is able to take four unassisted steps before pausing to take a break. Blaze cheers and Kirlia weakly smiles.

NANCY

Very good. You're already making significant progress.

Blaze helps her to sit down.

NANCY

Perhaps a break is in order. The medicine you've taken does a great deal for recovery and pain but not much in the way of energy. I'll go get something for you to eat. Blaze please stay here.

Blaze nods as Nancy walks away. Blaze then looks at Kirlia for a moment then puts up a finger asking her to wait. She looks confused as he runs off, much to her dismay.

As he passes Seacrest and company Lucky wakes up and begins looking around. He notices Kirlia and runs over to her and begins jumping around her. He slows down a bit when he sees the bandages around her legs and lightly rubs them as if to mend the pain. She picks Lucky up and hugs the vibrant egg.

After a moment Blaze runs out with something curled in his fist.He puts his finger in front of his beak instructing her to be quiet as he reveals a rare candy. He unravels the small treat and gives it to her. She reluctantly eats it but shortly after finishing she is revitalized and jumps to her feet. Astounded by the return of strength she hugs her newfound hero. Blaze slowly sits her back down and instructs her to stretch. Nancy returns from the building holding a tray with two servings of soup and crackers on it.

NanCY

Onion soup for you.

Nancy places the bowl on Blaze's lap who is unaffected by the heat.

NANCY

And minestrone for you.

Nancy gives the tray to Kirlia. The two begin eating, Blaze shares some of his food with Lucky who is dancing around the tray.

NANCY

We can continue more tomorrow if you're feeling up to it.

Kirlia nods as she eats her meal.

Ext. obsidia ward Underground entrance (Dusk)

Justin and Luxcalibur are walking through a large alleyway. Wind carries many Hoppip gently through the air. As they flutter about leaves casually fall from them and around our heroes.

JusTIN

At least there is something nice around here.

Luxcalibur looks up and a leaf falls to his face. He takes a moment for it to register. Justin flicks it off his face.

Victoria (O.S.)

It is rather pleasant to see them so carefree even with all the unpleasantries going on.

Justin turns around to see a short pale skinned girl with black hair. She wears a white and black kimono with the tao of harmony crest filling in the space at the bottom of her wardrobe. She speaks calmly with a familiar softness in her voice.

JuSTIN

Well hello there.

VICTORIA

Hello sir.

JuSTIN

At the risk of sounding clichéd, what's a nice girl like you doing in the bad part of town.

VICTORIA

(smiling)

That's a strange question given there isn't really a nice part at the moment.

JuSTIN

(chuckling)

Fair enough. How have you been Vicky?

VICTORIA

Quite well Justin. I haven't made much way in gym battles due to trying to help people in the wards who have been suffering from attacks by the terrorists.

JuSTIN

Team Meteor. My guess, they're hunting the Super Clefable of legend.

VICTORIA

Team Meteor huh?

JuSTIN

Yeah. I met their leader or some high ranking guy with a red eyepatch. I'm guessing he was up there because he was smart enough to not mention the plan or his name.

VICTORIA

I'll be careful around them.

JuSTIN

Good. Well me and Lux are heading through the underground to reach the park. I'm guessing you had a similar plan?

VICTORIA

I do. If its all the same to you can I join?

JuSTIN

(smugly)

I have a certain authority to do this. I don't know if-

Victoria flashes her "Enhanced trainer's licence".

JUSTIN

(disillusioned)

Apparently I'm not even special.

VICTORIA

I work with the fighting type leader very closely. She suspected I'd run into trouble and this allows me to work virtually unhindered.

JuSTIN

Well... alright then, shall we?

Justin bows, allowing Victoria to lead the way. After she passes, Justin and Luxcalibur follow her into the building that leads underground.

InT. obsidia depths

The underground is an expected horrid sight. Garbage and filth coat the walls and floors in spades. A large population of homeless enter and exit the downtrodden area casually. An older dark skinned man with a patched up black fedora, a worn black vest covering a black dress shirt and torn dress pants as well as old dingy shoes is seen watching over everything going on. After a moment he takes notice of Justin and Victoria. He smoothly strolls over and speaks to the two in a rusty jazz like tone.

Clean

Hello hello! I must say welcome to this cornerstone of wealth and class.

Justin and Victoria look on the eccentric man confused. Luxcalibur however goes over to him purring causing the man to pet him.

CLEAN

A fine welcome my feline friend. I must say your courtesy is impeccable. You friends now... Whom do I hold the honor of speaking with?

JUSTIN

(reluctantly)

Justin. And she's Victoria. You are?

CLEAN

Well my name is Niles but as I am a man who embodies the highest of low society the boys have dubbed me the honorific.

(he bows with a flare of his hat)

Clean.

ViCTORIA

You do look very nice sir.

CLEAN

(laughing)

Thank you dear. But please call me Clean. Sir was my father.

JuSTIN

I figured he'd be Mr.Clean.

CLEAN

You my friend have a fine wit about you.

JuSTIN

(smiling)

Thanks.

CLEAN

However even the brightest of minds can stand to have a bit of knowledge or two imparted upon them. That is of course if you'd care to share what I have.

VICTORIA

We would be rude not to accept such a generous offer.

CLEAN

Such an outstanding young couple. Could do with seeing more like you. Well you should well know that this particular sub-section of the city isn't exactly known for habitability. And with the vine outbreak we've got a little more than the gangs to fear.

VICTORIA

Is there something down here to worry about?

CLEAN

And then some young lady. You see the Pokémon that normally relax down here to hide from trainers have been very rattled and in turn have become a little violent. Crying shame for them but for people that they already distrust...

JuSTIN

Got yourselves a veritable lion's den.

CLEAN

I'm afraid so. What's worse, Types that would normally attack each other or stay alone have banded together in a sort of "enemy of my enemy" mindset.

JUSTIN

That's actually kind of scary. So is that why you're hanging out up here? To give warnings to trainers?

CLEAN

That is the responsibility I have so humbly decided to oversee.

VICTORIA

That's very kind of you.

CLEAN

What can I say, kindness is the one facet in which I have a limitless wealth of. Another note for you kids before you begin your treacherous date. I tend to help the folks who live down here but I'm not exactly a trainer so my offensive capabilities are rather limited.

JUSTIN

If we see people under attack help them?

CLEAN

If you'd be so kind.

VICTORIA

It would be our pleasure.

Justin and Luxcalibur begin to walk away but Clean calls out to them.

CLEAN

I'm sorry to add so much inconvenience however I do have but one more humble request.

Justin and Luxcalibur pause to here out Niles' plea.

VICTORIA

Its no trouble at all Clean.

CLEAN

Thank you. Some time ago I befriended a tough little creature. It was a Scraggy if my lack of a biology degree holds up any. It much like myself had an innate desire to help others. Haven't seen it since the lockdown but if you see one with a cheek scar and white scarf, would you be so kind as to not hurt it?

VICTORIA

Absolutely.

CLEAN

Thank you.

The group resumes their journey down the stairs, further into the depths of Obsidia.

CLEAN

Be careful down there kids. The underground is most certainly alive.

The group is gone from sight and Clean sighs. He takes a breath smiles and waves to more of his peaceful homeless brothers and sisters.

InT. sEACREST'S GARDEN (night)

The garden is much quieter now. Blaze is seen doing push-ups while Lucky and Kirlia watch. Nancy and Seacrest are talking while heading inside. Soldier is sitting in a tree overseeing the entirety of the garden. After a few peaceful moments a large explosion knocks down the same wall that Luxcalibur busted down before.

SEACREST

Can't have anything nice.

Blaze jolts up and stands in front of Lucky and Kirlia. Soldier perks up slowly but doesn't move from his perch. Bursting from the still live fire and smoke is a Darmanitan that rushes forward and slams Blaze into a wall.

Darm

Now I know you folks have better fucking manners than this.

Chris

They don't need to. Once you show disrespect to someone its over.

Upon hearing Chris' voice Kirlia is visibly upset.

DARM

That is a valid point my friend. Anyway. Where's the old shit? You here gramps?

Seacrest walks out to the center of the garden meeting Darm and Chris halfway.

SeACREST

You kids don't know when to quit.

DARM

Don't quit when you're wrong. Keep going until what's wrong is right.

SEACREST

You're gonna be going for a long damn time boy.

ChRIS

That's the plan.

An Onix blows past Chris and Darm and heads right for Seacrest but Blaze cuts off the ferocious tackle raising the dirt beneath his talons and catching Onix's head in his hands.

DARM

Hey new Darm Jr. You ain't allowed to slack.

The Darmanitan flies over in a Flare Blitz crushing Blaze between himself and the Onix. He then uppercuts Blaze into the air and proceeds to run up Onix who raises his body.

ChRIS

Good job Onix.

DARM

Keep up the synergy boys!

The burning ape continues his assault while running up the rock snake's spiraling staircase of a body and bats Blaze higher and jumps off Onix's head to punch Blaze back downwards. Onix uncurls around him and bats the outnumbered bird into the streets and a large amount of blood can be seen upon his landing. Kirlia runs past everyone and makes it over to Blaze despite Chris' warning.

ChRIS

You touch that fucking thing and I swear to god I'll hurt you bitch.

She attempts to heal him even though Chris' warnings grow louder and more severe.

CHRIS

DO. NOT. HEAL. IT.

Kirlia stops as Blaze lets out short weak pants.

DARM

Go handle that. I got community service with the elderly.

Darm walks over to Seacrest and holds him up by the collar.

DARM

I don't give a damn about that Michael douche.

SEACREST

(confused)

Michael?...

DARM

I want the fucking dumb animal that killed my buddy.

SEACREST

Why would I tell you that?

DARM

Because if you don't-

Darm punches Seacrest in the face.

DARM

I'm going to fucking kill you.

Seacrest responds clearly in pain and shock.

SEACREST

Alright alright!...

(deep breath)

I.. i... I think he's off-

DARM

OFF WHERE?!

SEACREST

Recharging the batteries to your mother's dildo.

Darm smiles, lets Seacrest down and even brushes him off.

DARM

You know. If you weren't such an idiot. I would kind of like you.

SEACREST

Sorry. I never did like Burning man.

DARM

Hm. Junior, fuck him up please.

Darmanitan rushes towards Seacrest readying a full haymaker which has been doused in fire to ensure the elderly's end. Seacrest closes his eyes and the burning simian passes right through him as blood splatters on both Darm and Darmanitan.

To everyone's surprise Seacrest is unharmed. Darm looks around to see what happened but can't figure out how Seacrest is still alive.

SEACREST

What the-

DARM

Fuck.

Soldier is standing behind Darm and facing Seacrest. He lets out a mild grunt as he bobs his head apparently asking if Seacrest is okay. Seacrest nervously nods. Soldier turns and faces Blaze who is slowly rising to his feet in the street and gives the same emotionless head tilt. Blaze caws affirming his ability to continue the fight. Darm turns around and a lump hits his stomach. He pauses for a moment and realizes it is Darm Jr's arm. He lets out a horrified scream as he sees his partner is on the floor crying. Blaze looks at the tree where Soldier was nestled and notices that it was over fifty feet away and stares in shock at the mantis' unprecedented speed. He then pats Kirlia's back and walks back into the garden and points Chris and his Rock monster out.

DARM

All of you assholes are gonna die tonight I shit you not.

Soldier cleans the blood off his armblade with a light swing then proceeds to walk over to Lucky and kneels down and pats his forehead against Lucky's who simply smiles and dances around his father. Soldier then stands and turns just in time to effortlessly block the one armed ape's fruitless attack.

DARM

I think we have a new target. And a reason to pull out the only mothafucka madder than me!

Darm tosses a Pokéball into the air and out erupts the volcano-camel Camerupt spewing fire around its immediate area. Darmanitan jumps on its mountain-like back grinning as the two face Soldier.

Chris

I'm just gonna guess you one of the dipshits the stole my property.

(to Kirlia)

Hey useless get the fuck over here.

Kirlia looks at Blaze momentarily.

CHRIS

Don't look at him. Look at me and get over here. NOW!

Just as she begins to walk away Blaze stops her by grabbing her arm. He then stands between the two as Chris yells on unintelligibly. He plays with his watch a little and shows her the screen. It reads Isabella. He then points to her and caws loud and angrily, seemingly implying she now has a name. She continues her upset countenance and he grabs both shoulders and looks seriously at her and barks what appears to be an order but is something more. She nods weakly and Blaze steps forward to face Chris and his Onix. His arms and legs burst at the joints with fire that oozes a bright crimson red and sunsetting orange. The adolescent foul is clearly ready for battle.

CHRIS

Since you missed out earlier, I'll be nice enough to repeat myself. You fuck with high society. You get fucked by high society.

End of episode 8.

Sooooo Underbelly was fun. A little play on words as Justin, Lux and Victoria travel to the underbelly of Obsidia. The other side is underbelly is the most exposed and vulnerable side of any creature or person. To show it is scary and this is exactly what Blaze and Izzy (Isabella) show each other. Anyhow I know how you guys love these songs... maybe. So here is the theme for Team Magma. rawr. Don't forget to like share and subscribe.... oh wait. Just comment and criticize.