Amethyst

[E18] Un-stuck Me! The save file fixing thread

15 minutes ago, dimaria994 said:

i try to use my last backup file, but this file i corrupted, too...

Backups can corrupt in groups. Go back a few more.

Trying to load this save in episode 15 because 17 & 18 are unplayable due to constant crashes (guess my mac cant take it past 15). Now when i go back to episode 15 it keeps getting stuck at the starting screen with error message "Undefined method 'lastSave' for nil:NillClass." Ive been stuck at the nurture center for months and ive tried everything already. Can one of the saintly helpers please help me out ?i really want to continue my adventure at some point 😞

Game.rxdata

2 hours ago, Gargarensiz said:

Trying to load this save in episode 15 because 17 & 18 are unplayable due to constant crashes (guess my mac cant take it past 15). Now when i go back to episode 15 it keeps getting stuck at the starting screen with error message "Undefined method 'lastSave' for nil:NillClass." Ive been stuck at the nurture center for months and ive tried everything already. Can one of the saintly helpers please help me out ?i really want to continue my adventure at some point 😞

Game.rxdata

If you opened and saved your game in E16+ your save is incompatible with E15.

Spoiler

Hey, so Sayia was kind enough to help me with a previous problem, and was even so nice to solve the glass works puzzle for me, but once I lost the battle, the glass seemed to be set up in a way that made it impossible to get back in the pulse room. Apologies if i just suck at puzzles, but I think I'm blocked out now.

Game.rxdata

26 minutes ago, President Daddy said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Hey, so Sayia was kind enough to help me with a previous problem, and was even so nice to solve the glass works puzzle for me, but once I lost the battle, the glass seemed to be set up in a way that made it impossible to get back in the pulse room. Apologies if i just suck at puzzles, but I think I'm blocked out now.

Game.rxdata

Hm.. How about just restarting game with F12? If you saved again after losing the battle, just try using backup?

On 9/5/2018 at 11:02 PM, Walpurgis said:

If you opened and saved your game in E16+ your save is incompatible with E15.

Alright thanks did not know this. Ill try to export my reborn file to my windows laptop, maybe it works better with e18 there

On 9/6/2018 at 7:19 PM, President Daddy said:
  Hide contents

Game.rxdata

Spoiler

Cant you just pick espeon up and make your way moving the glass?

2 hours ago, Walpurgis said:
  Hide contents

The picture shows my dilemma. There doesn't seem to be a way to move the block on the top left, and I can't make enough room to pass through. Based on several videos I have watched of this puzzle, I do not think it is supposed to be that way.

Doc2.docx

9 hours ago, President Daddy said:

The picture shows my dilemma. There doesn't seem to be a way to move the block on the top left, and I can't make enough room to pass through. Based on several videos I have watched of this puzzle, I do not think it is supposed to be that way.

Doc2.docx

I didn't downloaded your save file again, but I think you should be able to come back for Espeon and move this block with his psychic powers. 

Can someone help me ? I have a few problems. I can't complete the sidequest at peridot ward because I chose cleffa at an earlier version. Is it possible to replace it with igglybuff ? Also, could I have my silver ring moved to the key items pocket and have a whismur, if possible ? I didn't get the event one and I gave away the loudred for the mega/z-ring sidequest. I'm sorry if it is too much trouble and I appreciate the help.

Game.rxdata

On 9/7/2018 at 4:19 PM, Walpurgis said:
  Reveal hidden contents

On 9/8/2018 at 4:32 AM, Sayia said:

I didn't downloaded your save file again, but I think you should be able to come back for Espeon and move this block with his psychic powers. 

No he can't. The block directly in front of his character cannot be reached from where he's standing. And its stopping him from being able to move the block to his left enough to pass through.

Spoiler

Hey everyone,

I’ve been playing since EP 15 I believe, and when I finished EP 16 I went into a hard grind, finishing almost all events and sidequests, getting available items and training new teams. Once I finished the checklist on “On the Hunt” ending with the hidden Expert Belt, I saved, and left the game for a while. I’ve had to change computers several times since but I always kept my savefiles on hand, backing them up on my USB.

When EP 17 released I attempted to play it but soon discovered that some time before I’d lost my USB, and that I was delirious when I thought about the Cloud backups I had done weren´t there. Looking for options, I went back to the old PC and attempted to recover the related archives. I managed to recover the current Game.rxdata (a brand new savefile created to try out Protean Froakie) and some of the older backups. Among those last ones were a big block of 107h 14 badges files from when I was hatching eggs (the most recent ones that work, and for sure older since the Expert Belt is still uncollected) AND the corrupted final file (judging from the date) where the grind would have been.

When attempting to run the corrupted savefile I get several error messages along the lines of “Incompatible marshal file format” and “End of file reached”, shortly before the .exe closes again.

I was wondering if there was any way to recover the corrupted savefile. If there isn’t maybe it would be possible to elucidate the cause of the corruption so that it doesn’t happen again.

Whatever the case I thank you for any help.

Some disclaimers that may be important:

When EV training I jumped back and forth between EP 15 and 16 since I found it easier, but there didn’t seem to be any issues when I finally reverted back to the EP 16 version.

As said before there is Protean Froakie savefile that was created from a New Game over the “Grind” savefile, but I’m certain I had backed it up before.

I also went on a savefile backup purge at some point, since there were over 4000 backups; I’m certain that somehow in that purge the backups of the “Grind” savefile were eliminated and I couldn´t recover them.

To be honest, I'm not all that hopeful, but you know, just in case.

Thanks for whatever help you can give 🙂

[Corrupted] 03-01-17 - 14 badges.rxdata

1 hour ago, Redroak said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Hey everyone,

I’ve been playing since EP 15 I believe, and when I finished EP 16 I went into a hard grind, finishing almost all events and sidequests, getting available items and training new teams. Once I finished the checklist on “On the Hunt” ending with the hidden Expert Belt, I saved, and left the game for a while. I’ve had to change computers several times since but I always kept my savefiles on hand, backing them up on my USB.

When EP 17 released I attempted to play it but soon discovered that some time before I’d lost my USB, and that I was delirious when I thought about the Cloud backups I had done weren´t there. Looking for options, I went back to the old PC and attempted to recover the related archives. I managed to recover the current Game.rxdata (a brand new savefile created to try out Protean Froakie) and some of the older backups. Among those last ones were a big block of 107h 14 badges files from when I was hatching eggs (the most recent ones that work, and for sure older since the Expert Belt is still uncollected) AND the corrupted final file (judging from the date) where the grind would have been.

When attempting to run the corrupted savefile I get several error messages along the lines of “Incompatible marshal file format” and “End of file reached”, shortly before the .exe closes again.

I was wondering if there was any way to recover the corrupted savefile. If there isn’t maybe it would be possible to elucidate the cause of the corruption so that it doesn’t happen again.

Whatever the case I thank you for any help.

Some disclaimers that may be important:

When EV training I jumped back and forth between EP 15 and 16 since I found it easier, but there didn’t seem to be any issues when I finally reverted back to the EP 16 version.

As said before there is Protean Froakie savefile that was created from a New Game over the “Grind” savefile, but I’m certain I had backed it up before.

I also went on a savefile backup purge at some point, since there were over 4000 backups; I’m certain that somehow in that purge the backups of the “Grind” savefile were eliminated and I couldn´t recover them.

To be honest, I'm not all that hopeful, but you know, just in case.

Thanks for whatever help you can give 🙂

[Corrupted] 03-01-17 - 14 badges.rxdata

Sorry, nothing can be done. You’ll have to through backups until one works. Delete your current “Game.rxdata” file and change the name of a backup to “Game”. These can corrupt in batches, so it might take a few tries.

1 hour ago, wcv said:

Sorry, nothing can be done. You’ll have to through backups until one works. Delete your current “Game.rxdata” file and change the name of a backup to “Game”. These can corrupt in batches, so it might take a few tries.

Oh, damn. Well, I figured as much, I'll just have to replay it then, haha.

Thanks for the help!

1 hour ago, Redroak said:

Oh, damn. Well, I figured as much, I'll just have to replay it then, haha.

Thanks for the help!

Just to be clear (not sure this is the case, but wanting to make clear) you don't have to replay the whole game. Just whatever was between your last working save and where you are now.

Hi, my game got stuck in E18 when I wanted to talk to someone. I got an error that the script took to long to load and the game was gonna reset. It then asked if I wanted to save the game and I pressed yes... Now only the quicksave button works... Can anyone unstuck me please? 🙂

Added my save file 🙂

Game.rxdata

5 hours ago, rakky said:

Hi, my game got stuck in E18 when I wanted to talk to someone. I got an error that the script took to long to load and the game was gonna reset. It then asked if I wanted to save the game and I pressed yes... Now only the quicksave button works... Can anyone unstuck me please? 🙂

Added my save file 🙂

Game.rxdata

I had the exact same problem, I got stuck when the script reset the game when I was talking to someone and I saved. However, I just deleted the save file (the Game.rxdata), then renamed the most recent previous save file to Game.rxdata, and I could start from my previous save where I wasnt talking to the guy anymore!

9 hours ago, rakky said:

Added my save file 🙂

Game.rxdata

Using backup should fix it without problems 😉

Here's the guide how to use it:

46 minutes ago, Sayia said:

Using backup should fix it without problems 😉

Here's the guide how to use it:

Thanks, I wanted tot do this, but one probleem... Somehow my game stopped making backups at around 13 badges, 250 hours into the game. Right now I'm more like 900 hours into the game with 18 badges andere alle obtainable Pokémon...