[OOC: READ FIRST] Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden^2 (Accepting Signups)

Chevaleresse

Support-focused Mirage Master from Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Read: Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem). Has buffs, a move that clears debuffs, and some attacks. She has a gimmick in that she's bringing over a mechanic from her game; Sessions. If an ally attacks with a type (say, a sword, or a spear, or fire-magic, etc.) covered by the skill granted by the perk, she will follow up with an attack of her own.

1MORE!!

Made a lot of changes to my character; highlights include:

Changed the fluff for the equipment

Edited the fluff and crunch of the actions to make them more viable; Arcane Burst is now called "Fell From Heaven" and has a two round cooldown period and deals 1.5 basic weapon damage + INT.

Maniacal Laughter is no longer a perk related skill

Mark Target has been changed Ahead by a single page; which is an ability that targets a single friendly character and grants them a +3 RES bonus, and grants them a +1 bonus that is added to the result of a roll used to determine whether or not an attack hits; the ability has three round cooldown period and the effects lasts for two rounds.

A new ability has been added to replace Maniacal Laughter; it is called Lorekeeper it is an ability with a four round cooldown period that doubles Solomon's total RES stat for three rounds.

A new perk related skill called Beware my might! has been added that deals 1d12 + INT + SYN, but this attack removes the RES he gains from his armour for one round; prevents the Lorekeeper action from being used for two rounds, and this action cannot be used when the buffs gained from Lorekeeper is active, and the ability has a four round cool down period.

Edited by Cronos5010

Loose-Cannon Miko:

Fluff

Name: Izumi Kurosawa

Race: Augmented Human

Sex: Female

Appearance: With an athletic build and youthful complexion, Izumi Kurosawa exudes a sense of energy and vitality, energy and vitality that are nowhere to be found in her tired eyes and weary face, the makeup barely covering up the cuts and bruises. Her eyes are the same color as the whiskey that she reeks of, her hair is sable, and rests just below shoulder height upon the pale white polymers of a form-fitting outfit. Traces of red rise upwards from the boots, while sparse plating covers the torso region, as much for the sake of the wearer's modesty as their protection. A pair of detached haori sleeves are secured to it just below the shoulder, concealing the empty mechanisms lying along the blades of the arms.

Personality: A heavy drinker with a complete disregard of authority and a bit of a reckless streak, Kurosawa isn't exactly the poster-girl for responsibility, though to her credit, she's more in a steady holding pattern than an actual death spiral. She joined the force because for all of society's flaws, it was still worth protecting, still worth fighting for. She joined because she had ideals, ideals she can't really remember right now, but ideals nonetheless, and when it comes down to it, she's at least loyal. Loyal, and, for the lack of a better term, stable. She's the sort of person who'll laugh bitterly where others would cry, who takes life's problems in her stride, be it her utter lack of friends, or the bullet currently leaving a pretty little exit-wound gaping out of her torso.

Statistics

Level: 3

EXP: 0

HP: 45

INIT: 1d20+8

Stats: 20/20

CON: 2

DEX: 9

INT: 6

RES: 0 + 4

STR: 3

SYN: 0

Equipment

Name: Procyon-12S

Description: Aragami Industries Procyon 12-Guage Automatic Shotgun, Shortened Variant. A gas-operated, stockless shotgun fed by a box magazine and commonly used by Civil Security forces. Its short barrel and pistol grip were designed with high-mobility close-quarters combat in mind. Constructed from sophisticated metamaterials, this weapon is exceptionally lightweight though this also means that its recoil is very hard to control without CivSec support.

Type: Weapon (Shotgun)

Damage: 2d3+DEX Ranged, 2d3+DEX Melee

Minimum Stats: 2 STR

Weight: 2

SYN Threshold/Bonus: N/A

Special Qualities:

• Efficient Fabrication: When the user respawns, they will have a copy of this weapon.

Name: Armanté Venetian Armor

Description: A bulletproof outfit consisting of light tan trousers, a powder blue shirt and a light black jacket.

Type: Armor (Light)

RES Bonus: 2

Name: Combat Plating

Description: Sparse detachable plates affixed to a combat suit for both safety and modesty reasons.

Type: Armor (Light)

RES Bonus: 2

Minimum Stats: 2 STR

Special Qualities:

• Efficient Fabrication: When the user respawns, they will have a copy of this armor.

Skills

Complexity: 6

Perks: 3/3

Perk - Storm Shepherd's Veil:

Sif's presence lingers within his hounds, and where they fight, dark clouds gather.

Kurosawa can fly and has a DEX*2% chance of dodging incoming attacks.

Perk - An Opera of Blood:

They aren't done with her, not now, not yet, and til their piece has played its part, it shall be granted life once more.

Upon "death" Kurosawa loses all her equipment and inventory and respawns back with her starting items (and combat suit) at a GM-dictated time and place.

Flaw - Faults of the Flesh:

She is human, close enough to it at least, and with that, comes weakness.

Kurosawa only gains 3 statpoints per Level Up.

Perk - Harbinger of Ruin:

Swearing fealty in spite of all regulations to Lady Sagai, Kurosawa is now able to conjure the impurity needed for curses at will.

Actions dedicated solely to inflicting ailments are abnormally powerful.

Actions: 12/12 AP

Basic Attack:

A swift attack made at high speeds.

Deals Weapon Damage based on whether the attack is Ranged or Melee.

Basic Defense:

The more material between one's body and one's foes, the better.

Reduce incoming damage by 50% after other reductions.

Affliction - Tempest Bloom II:

Assault the target with a series of viscous, maiming attacks, overwhelming their defenses.

Inflicts Overwhelm (-DEX to RES). 3 Duration, 3 Cooldown.

• LVL 1: Inflicts Overwhelm (-DEX/2 to RES). 3 Duration, 3 Cooldown.
  • LVL 2: Overwhelm is now -DEX to RES.

Affliction - Black Squall I:

A curse that severs the victim from all outside assistance.

Inflicts Isolate (victim cannot be buffed by others). 3 Duration, 3 Cooldown.

• LVL 1: Inflicts Isolate (victim cannot be buffed by others). 3 Duration, 3 Cooldown.

Heal - Purge Casket I:

A simple purification ritual that washes away impurity and seals it within a magazine.

Removes up to one Status Effect from the target, selected by them.

• LVL 1: Removes up to one Status Effect from the target, selected by them.

Utility - Scan I:

Call forth an avatar of Lord Sif, The Storm Shepherd to analyze hostiles.

For the remainder of the battle, reveal the HP (and any additional fluff data) of the target.

• LVL 1: For the remainder of the battle, reveal the HP (and any additional fluff data) of the target.

Affliction - Violent Recompense II:

A curse that draws harm to its victim.

Inflicts Remunerate (Allies targeting the victim with a negative action may reduce any of their current cooldowns by 1, including the action they used to trigger this). 2 Duration, 3 Cooldown.

• LVL 1: Inflicts Remunerate (Allies targeting the victim with a negative action will have 1 less cooldown on that action). 2 Duration, 3 Cooldown.
  • LVL 2: Remunerate now lets the beneficiaries apply the cooldown reduction on any of their actions.

Miscellaneous Abilities

Alcohol Processing Augmentation:

An augment that allows the user to 'safely' metabolize alcohol. Popular amongst college students and, less-than-scrupulous business people.

Allows Kurosawa to function in spite of the amount of alcohol in her system, protecting her body from the damaging effects and keeping her from ever getting too drunk.

Autodefenestration Blessing:

A standard-issue blessing amongst Civil Security personnel that allows them to crash through glass without sustaining any of the bruising or lacerations that one would expect them to sustain.

Allows Kurosawa to crash through panes of glass with surprising ease and safety.

Inventory

Edited by Empiricist

An action called Beware my might! has been added that deals basic weapon damage + SYN , but this attack removes the RES he gains from his armour for two rounds; prevents the Lorekeeper action from being used for two rounds, and this action cannot be used when the buffs gained from Lorekeeper is active, and the ability has a four round cool down period.

That seems rather excessive, since the default basic attack+SYN is a 2 turn CD

solomon: equipment is ok if slightly weak.

ahead by a single page is ok but be aware that attacks are autohit in this system and dodges are generally based on a d100 so +1 to the roll is near meaningless

beware my might is super weak and it should be a lot stronger for the penalties it carries

I forgot to edit a piece of that last post; the damage for Beware my might is 1d12 + SYN, and I changed the secondary effect of Ahead By A Single Page so that it gives them a +5 bonus to their dodge roll.

Edit: I'm thinking of making Beware my might 1d12 + Int + Syn but I'm afraid that would be overpowered, and is the +5 bonus in Ahead by a single page too small?

Edited by Cronos5010

inputted a change on Aurora's weapon as discussed on discord, though mostly went through and made minor tweaks to the personality and the flavor text for several things to uh... accommodate for the new backstory elements

Recording for later use

Brumos Nopella, a centaur Communer from DR. Basically, their things are, they have a Mana Pool, for all magic usage, an Elbow Grease Pool for All physical usage, and a series of abilities and spells which let them use nature as a weapon. Unlike a druid however, they do not fight for nature, but rather, simply use it as a disposable tool.

EDIT: Ignore this for now. Shion is still third seat, but Nyahiro now takes precedence

Behold, my ability to pump out characters far faster than the plot can accept them manifests itself. Shion won't be doing anything much for now, just sitting here waiting for Katsup to get himself killed~

Lawful Evil Supports are fun teammates

Name: 浅野死音 Asano Shion, ミラクル☆スター Miracle Star
Race: Mahou Shoujo
Sex: Female
Appearance: A short Japanese girl. Light brown hair tied up in a ponytail, brown eyes. Wears a white sailor fuku with a blue ribbon. When using a Magical Stick,blood comes out of her eyes and an emblem appears in her eyes and on her right wrist
Personality: A misfortunate young girl, Shion's father has abused her so much that she's a mere shell of who she could be. She always wished to be strong, to be able to fight back against life. When she was granted Magical Power by the Site, that wasn't enough. She sought out others and took their power for her own. It's always clear what she feels, be it fear or anger; she doesn't feel much else

Level: 1
EXP: 0

HP: 36
Init: 1d20

Stats:
Constitution: 5
Resistance: 3
Dexterity: 0
Intelligence: 3
Strength: 0
Synergy: 3
Complexity: (This one is complex AF, yay \^^/)

Perks:
-Misfortunate: Always uses SYN instead of STR for STR checks. Ignores STR penalty for Magical Sticks
-Magical Hunter: 2% chance to discover a new Magical Stick at the end of every encounter
-Mahou Shoujo: +1SYN per level
-Mahou Shoujo (flaw): -1CON per level

Equipment:

Name: Magical Stick 「Miracle Star」

Description: A pink and blue frisbee with a black six point star in the center. Causes emblem to become a black six point star when in use
Type: Weapon
Damage: 1d6+(CON+SYN)/2
Minimum Stats: 2SYN
STR Penalty: 10
Special Qualities:
-Misfortunate Magic: Lose 5% max HP every time you make a basic attack action
-Star Burst: Explodes into a bright light on contact. Enemies struck by Miracle Star have a 25% chance to fail their next basic attack

Name: Magical Stick 「Silent Warden」

Description: A bright pink toy police baton. Creates a steel cage around the user. Causes emblem to become a pink shield when in use
Type: Armor
Armor: 3RES
Minimum Stats: 2SYN
Special Qualities:
-Misfortunate Magic: Lose 5% max HP every time you make a basic defense action

-Safety Cage: Removes Magical Stick 「Silent Warden」 from being basic defense when unequipped (does not disable basic defense)

Name: Magical Stick 「Cancer Child」

Description: A red stuffed crab that reverses the effects of life lost when hugged. Causes emblem to become a red Cancer symbol when in use
Type: Bauble
Minimum stats: 2SYN
Special Qualities:
-Misfortunate Magic: Lose 5% max HP every time you perform a healing action
-Comforting Friend: Disables the Action Magical Stick 「Cancer Child」 when unequipped

Actions: 2AP
Basic Attack: Magical Stick 「Miracle Star」 - Deal Miracle Star's damage
Basic Defense: Magical Stick 「Silent Warden」 - Creates a temporary steel cage, reducing damage by 50% damage after other reductions

Magical Stick 「Cancer Child」: Heal an ally or self for 15% of missing HP. 3 turn cooldown
-Level 2: Increase ally heal to 30% of missing HP

Vengeance: Afflicts Shion with Misfortune, doubling the effects of Misfortunate Magic until the end of her next turn. Allows the activation of multiple "Magical Stick" Actions in one turn. Max sticks used is equal to 1+CON/5 and each stick may only be activated once. If Vengeance is used again next turn, Misfortune's effect increases by 1x (2x on the first usage, 3x for the next, etc)

Slaughter Mark: Take a picture of an enemy for the Slaughter Note. That enemy takes 2 times damage from allies for 1 turn. 8 turn cooldown
Level 2: Reduce cooldown to 7 turns

Inventory:
Slaughter Note
Polaroid Camera

Not all of my characters will be Japanese, I promise

So like, is this still open or is it full already because the IC is released? Any hard limits I need to be wary about? I might enter early but I'm in an exam period, but if there's some deadline I'll just allocate some time here.

So hi, I was wondering if could join this RP seeing this is getting all the fuzz in the RP section and also, i like to learn a RP with this type of mechanics, So without further ado.here it goes. lemme know if it anything needs to be change or did I did it right.

Name: Jezrael, The Hand of St. Duma or "Jesse"

Race: Angel

Sex: Testosterone over Estrogen

Appearance: Jesse appears to be a normal looking teenager wearing a high powered rifle rested on his back. Jesse stands 5'7 tall and has a thin athletically built frame. The demi-angel has a messy dirty blonde hair, blue sharp eyes, wears a printed shirt, a pair of comfy shorts and a pair of trendy chucks the humans of this earth use to wear.

Personality: Jesse's character is a bit childish and overcompetitive even in the smallest matters.He dislikes failure and easy gets frustrated when something doesn't go his way. He has a knack for solving problems and puzzles and can get serious when an occasion arise. Jesse likes to prove himself worthy by any means necessary. Other than that, He's quite friendly and easily to get along with.

Level: You start at level 1

EXP: Starts at 0. EXP will be awarded as players progress through objectives and defeat enemies.

Stats:

HP: 32

Ini: 3+1d20

Constitution: 1

Dexterity: 5+2

Intelligence: 4

Resistance: 1

Strength: 2

Synergy: 1

Complexity:

Perks:

Sniper's eye- Jesse's keen eyes lets him see beyond the normal eye: +1 dex for each level.

Boom! Headshot: Jesse attacks has (2*dex) chance to deal 2x.

Your lethal guardian angel: Whenever an ally is being attacked and that ally =< 50% health and is near this unit. Jesse deals 50% of his dmg to that attacking enemy. This move goes first. Procs only once per ally.

The angel without wings(flaw): Mounted enemies deal 2x more damage to Jesse.

Actions:

Basic Attack: Snipe -> Jesse fires a gunshot from his rifle dealing damage.

Basic Defense: Astral Shift.

Description: Do you believe in the holy ghost? Well, see for yourself.

Effect: Has a 2*dex chance to evade an attack

Phantom Bullet:

Description: Convert his bullet into Ghost property, Jesse's bullet can bypass his target and hits the very core of its mortal soul and jumps to another.

Effect: Jesse's attack damages all enemies(1d6+dex/2) and has 2*dex chance to inflict Curse. Affected units cannot be healed for 1 turn. If that unit regens during this effect is active, it deals damage instead. 2 turn cd.

Shhhhhhhhhhhh! Silence!

Description: Oh you got shot by my bullet? how are you gonna express your pain when i've taken your ability to speak?

Effect: Jesse fires ghost bullet that cripples his target to use their action skills for 1 turn, deals (1d6+dex+int) to an enemy. 3 turn cd.

Level 2: deal (1d8+dex+int), cannot be evaded.

Ghost walk

Description: Did you feel that? Did I send shivers to your spine?

Effect: Jesse goes into his ghost form and marches towards a certain spot,This allows him to inflict confusion (2*dex chance vs enemy's Cons) to enemy unit he passes. 35% chance to hit themselves with their own attack, last 1 turn. He gains +2 dex until the start of his next turn. 3 turn cd

Level 2: Additional effect: Enemy suffers -5 res buff for 2 turns

Specter's Hunger

Description: I crave something more.

Effect: Jesse marks his target and gains status 'Leech' for 2 turns. Free Action, 4 cd.

Leech: whenever this unit is attacked and got damaged by it. Heal (1d6) to attacker's HP.

Equipment:

Name: Azrael's rifle

Description: A sniping rifle wielded by the angel of death!? now you're just making that up.

Type: Weapon

Damage: 1d6+Dex

Minimum Stats: 2 Str

STR Penalty: 3

Special Qualities: 1.4xdmg against demon races

(Requires 15 int) 20% chance of reducing enemies res by -4

Name: Halo

Description: Angel stereotypes

Type: Bauble

RES Bonus:

Minimum Stats:

STR Penalty: 1

Special Qualities: +1 dex, +1 int, bound

Name: Brynhild t-shirt

Description: I got it on sale in the angel's convention last year.

Type: Armor

RES Bonus: +2 RES

Minimum Stats:

STR Penalty:

Special Qualities: + 1 cons on each 2 levels

Items:

A duffle bag, a bible and a sandwich

Edited by Ragnar

Ragnar I don't think that you can replace your armor's Resistance bonus with constitution; especially since every attack is auto hit, and Dexterity 4+5 is pretty high don't you think? also you only have 3 actions; basic attack and defense actions don't need AP to gain them, and I don't think that you can replace a weapon's STR penalty with DEX, and 2D6 + DEX is well... minimum damage 2+9, maximum damage 12+9; you're essentially performing a special action with a basic attack, and what with the perk that gives you a chance to deal double damage; I think you should take this up with Murdoc (Aka Adamance Ascendant) first.