Justin's Story Episode 7: Stronger than you...

Damage

Wow I've already made six of these dumb things. Time flies when you throw clocks or something. ANyway I made a new topic since I thought five episodes was enough for one. That's roughly 100 pages of reading. Thanks to everyone whose been reading and thank you person who clicked on this cause I ingeniously put "champ in the making" in the title. For every few episodes I'll put a little here's what's happened just so new comers can enjoy the spark noted version of my story without all the pesky time investment.

So far in the story. It's based on reborn. Justin almost died on the train. Got a shiny blaziken because he's black. Lives in a garden with a funny old man and some friends. Kicked the crap out of Fern. Pokemon are friends not weapons. Everyone evolved. Team magma is evil. Stormed the factory and fought Sirius. Julia beat him because he was a scrub. Blaze evolved and is less of a scrub. Luxcalibur is OU tier in the story. Time for the rematch. Any questions? well I'll make a topic for that too. Without further adieu (wow a rhyme) Here is episode 6 of Justin's time here in Reborn.

Hey there champ in the making...

InT. seacrest's Garden (Morning)

It is the morning after Justin and company's raid on the Meteor base. Justin and Blaze are laying down with their heads on Luxcalibur's back. Julia and Florinia are walking around the garden with the small Pokemon and Rebecca as their guide. Julia walks away from her group back towards Justin, Blaze and Luxcalibur.

Julia

Hey Justin.

Justin

Hey Jules, what's up.

Julia

(looking around)

Not much. Me and Rini were talking...

Justin

About me?

Julie

Yes we-

Justin

About how handsome I am?

Julia

No its-

Justin

Flattering but I'm saving myself for marriage.

Julia

(growing annoyed)

We need you-

Justin

Please contain yourself, Blaze still has his innocence.

Julia walks over and covers Justin's mouth.

Julia

We would like your help in restoring the the plant infested wards. Can you listen and not talk.

Justin waves his hands signaling "sort of". Julia steps back.

Julia

But we can't just send rookie trainers in and we can't exactly go to Beryl for potentially days on end.

Justin

Nancy is probably gonna send me in to deal with these issues.

Julia

Rini expected that. But we'd like to make sure you can handle yourself.

Justin begins laughing hysterically. Luxcalibur wakes up smacks him with his tail. Blaze snickers.

Julia

Thank you. So before you go anywhere we need to approve you as an official intervention trainer. This allows you to perform leader duties within set parameters.

Justin

These parameters are determined by-

Julia

Gym badges.

Justin

(snaps his fingers)

Well color me convenient!

Julia

So come by my gym whenever you're ready to get boomied again. Although with that Luxray-

Justin

He's not gym ready yet.

Julia

He's the strongest of your two Pokémon. No offense Blaze.

Blaze crosses his arms and looks away in a huff.

Justin

Yeah you saw him fight, he bat a three hunded fifty pound monster through four concrete walls and well over a thousand feet from the building. He can't control his strength...

(under his breath)

I'm pretty sure he's a legendary.

Julia

(disappointed)

So you're going to try 6v1 again.

Justin

Don't quit when you're wrong! Keep going until what's wrong is right!

Julia looks over at Florinia and shakes her head in disappointment. Florinia confirms with a nod.

Julia

Well... It was nice to meet you Justin.

Justin

Duh.

Julia leaves and Florinia walks over to Justin.

Florinia

Thank you for your assistance and saving my life. Please continue to grow.

Justin

Duh.

Florinia leaves. Shortly after Rebecca makes her way over to the over-relaxed Team Shenanigans.

Rebecca

I bet you're feeling pretty good.

Justin

I can only say duh so many times in a day.

Rebecca

(confused)

I'm sorry.

Justin

Its nothing. What's up.

Rebecca

Just checking in on you. You've been pretty busy these last few days.

Justin

Yeah, now I get to relax for a little bit with the boys.

Justin pats both his teammates who simply smile.

Rebecca

So you're not planning anything crazy.

Justin

Finished planning. The Obsidia and Beryl wards are in a nightmarish state, the police force is gone or being killed by the little shop of horrors monster. The Magma gang is still very much a threat.

Lux perks up at the mention of Magma.

Justin

Relax buddy. They aren't here.

Luxcalibur simmers down.

Justin

So yeah, I've been thinking about it a lot. Reborn is kind of the worst place on the planet. Making it an ideal training ground... Oh and I can help people... Yeah can't forget that part.

Rebecca

That sounds dangerous.

Justin

Dangerous is my middle name.

Seacrest pops in.

Seacrest

I thought it was "that".

Justin

(chuckling)

Hehe cute.

Rebecca stares confused.

Justin

Justin "that" weyland. Get it?

Rebecca rolls her eyes.

Rebecca

Please just be careful.

Rebecca walks away.

Seacrest

So boy...

Seacrest sits down in a chair across from Justin.

Seacrest

You really think Blaze can take 6 of them alone?

Justin

It will be tough, definitely but it's doable. I seriously can't bring Lux, he could potentially kill one of her teammates. Even with the bracers he's hits like a truck made out of acid and lightning.... thats on fire.

Seacrest

Just don't get your friend hurt because you're too stubborn to catch Pokémon.

Justin

That's not how I operate. If you gotta take someone from their home for them to help you then you need to find a new way to do things.

Seacrest

Didn't take you for a hippie.

Justin

Yeah I should get with the times and kidnap animals for money, I'm such a freak.

Seacrest

Hm... So when are you going to challenge Julia again.

Justin

Few hours, probably walk around the city and relax a bit before hand. Blaze you down?

Blaze stands up and extends a hand out to help Justin up.

Justin

(to seacrest)

He loves doing that... And having hands.

Seacrest

Spectacular.

Blaze goes to help Seacrest up with a smile.

Seacrest

I'm fine, claws on my hand doesn't feel as nice as you might think.

Blaze looks down in disappointment.

Justin

Don't be a jerk.

Seacrest

Your hand is bleeding.

Justin

(annoyed)

HE'S TRYING!

Seacrest

(sighs)

Help me up McNuggets.

Blaze perks up and helps Seacrest to his feet, he scratches his hand a little but it doesn't bleed.

Seacrest

Thank you.

Seacrest walks over and whispers to Justin.

Seacrest

If he scratches me again I'm clipping his wings.

Justin

But... He's only got arms.

Seacrest walks away.

Seacrest

I know.

Seacrest is gone leaving behind a very terrified Justin and a confused Blaze.

ExT. afternoon Opal Ward

Justin and Blaze are walking towards the main street and they see the house they first stayed in before they met Seacrest.

Justin

Look at that buddy. Our old home. Don't see our landlord anywhere though.

Blaze walks towards the door and knocks.

Justin

Doubt anyone's here. It's the middle of the day, he's probably working.

The duo hear a crash come from inside the house. Blaze looks at Justin in concern.

Justin

I mean... I've been wrong before.

Blaze busts open the door to see two Pokémon flailing about.

Justin

Love the heroism bud but not every problem is one you jump into.

Blaze yells out.

Justin

Yeah pot calling kettle black, I know.

In the house we see a table and some broken glasses around it. Dancing on the table is an extremely energetic Togepi and a Scyther that has scars on its face body and arms. What's truly distinct is the backpack it wears as well as its dogtags.

Justin

So... Are we interrupting?

The Scyther stops chasing the Togepi and looks at Blaze and Justin. Its mood changes from concern to serious as it glares our young heroes. It then puts up a guard.

Edited by Damage
  • Upvote 1

Justin

Just chill out a second, we heard noise and were checking on it. If you're cool, we're cool.

The Scyther drops his guard and looks suspectingly for a moment then extends its right arm.

Justin

Blaze buddy, I think he wants a handshake.

Blaze slowly walks forward and shakes the Scyther's bladed arm.

Justin

See we're all good pal.

As the three uncomfortably stare at each other, the Togepi runs off the table and begins jumping into Blaze then Justin. Justin kneels down and pets the hatchling.

Justin

Judging by the spill, guessing you were drinking something before Robotnik spilled it all.

Scyther nods. Justin pulls out water bottles from his backpack and puts one on the table and opens the other to bottle feed the Togepi, before he's able to the Scyther points to the bottle on the table to about half way and grunts. Blaze nods and opens the bottle and drinks some then places it back allowing Scyther to cut the top off without waste and in just as quick a motion he slides his blade under the bottle and brings it to his mouth to begin drinking.

Justin

I take it you've been trained to do that among other things.

The mantis nods in confirmation. He shakes his head instructing the Togepi to come to him and pours the rest into his friend's mouth.

Justin

So what's your name Soldier.

Scyther nods again in confirmation.

Justin

Blaze care to translate?

Blaze points to Justin's watch and squaks. Justin looks to see "Name. Soldier."

Justin

Hmmm lucky guess there.

The small egg Pokémon perks up.

Justin

And I'll take that to mean your name is Lucky because what's life without coincidence. So I'm guessing by the dogtags you've done a little bit of fighting.

The swordsman Pokémon stares at Justin expressionless.

Justin

Me and my buddy Blaze are going to show a gym leader how battling is done but before that... Care to spar?

Soldier drops the bottle and stands. He gently picks up Lucky and walks to the door signaling Justin and Blaze to follow. Once everyone is outside he puts Lucky down next to a dumpster besides the house and instructs him to sit but the small egg Pokémon runs in circles however he remains close to the house. Soldier walks to the middle of the gated area and Blaze meets him a few feet away. From his bookbag Justin pulls out three, two foot metal poles and tosses them to Blaze.

Justin

Just like we practiced buddy.

Soldier shakes his head and enters a fighting stance. Though his arms are bladed he takes a pose more akin to a boxer than a swordsman.

Justin

Interesting stance. Blaze, you're on your own this fight. Keep your head on straight or he might take it.... Annnnnnd go!

Blaze throws up each pole in succession but when he looks down he sees Soldier raising his scythe towards his neck. He bends over backwards to dodge the swing and kicks at Soldier's torso who blocks the strike. Soldier jumps backwards and his wings flutter momentarily to propel him back towards Blaze. Blaze jumps upwards towards the poles and Soldier follows suit. While in air Blaze kicks each pole downwards towards his opponent who gracefully flies around them. As the poles hit the ground they pierce. The mantis reaches his prey and begins thrusting his blades with near impeccable precision. He gets a few cuts in on Blaze who finally retaliates with Overheat which blows the green swordsman out of the sky and on to the ground. Blaze finally lands on one of the poles.

Justin

YES! ARCEUS DAMN YES! Only took you like a hundred tries.

Blaze waves Justin off.

Justin

He said realizing I'm the only reason he wins fights.

Blaze starts cawing violently.

Justin

I'm kidding dude. You're definitely better than Fern.

Blaze remains silent.

Justin

(genuinely sorry)

I'm sorry. That was uncalled for. Also below you.

Blaze turns to see Soldier below him doing a sweeping strike on the pole, he jumps off his before its cut in half and lands on his hands catching the broken half in his taloned feet. He moves his hands so he can spin and attack Soldier who backs up from the swinging kicks. He then throws the pole with his feet at his blade-armed opponent and jumps back to his feet. Soldier cuts the pole in half again but by the time he's done Blaze is atop another of the poles embedded in the ground.

Justin

Good going buddy. Obi-Wan would be proud. Now time for that ol' finishing move-

Soldier crosses his blades and taps them together.

Justin

Are you prepping or calling timeout?

Soldier drops his stance entirely with his arms plopped to his side.

Justin

I take it you have a question.

Soldier points at the poles in curious fashion.

Justin

Don't tell me you've seen a battlefield and think cheating is bad.

The old mantis shakes his head slowly then rolls his arm at the pole, pondering their use.

Justin

Well normally its a secret but you seem cool enough. Me and Blaze are fighting a leader with a gym that has been converted from a Powerplant. Pretty much a game of the floor is lava.

Soldier taps the poles and quickly and upon scratching it reveal that they're painted and is surprised.

Justin

Metal tips around wooden poles. Pierce the ground and make her think that she'll have us but when she gets close to a stunned Blaze-

Blaze pretends to be stunned lets out a flamethrower.

Justin

Boomies.

Soldier nods his head in approval of Justin's plan. Soldier walks over to Lucky and picks up the infant Pokémon then over to Blaze where he friendly extends his free arm and the two shake. Lastly to Justin where he shakes again then he goes towards the house.

Justin

Hey Soldier.

The mantis abruptly stops before entering the home.

Justin

We've got a far more comfortable home if you're interested. You can bring your... Son?

Soldier looks at Lucky who just happily waves his arms around then back to Justin. He nods.

Justin

Cool, you're gonna possibly love it.

Justin and Blaze lead as Soldier and Lucky follow the young duo.

ExT. Seacrest's Garden (afternoon)

Luxcalibur is standing in the middle of the garden with a serious look on his face. His tail is at attention and he glares at the wall of the garden turning his head ever so slightly every few minutes.

Seacresy

Looking at the boy... He coming back here?

Luxcalibur nods. He turns towards the front of the building and moments later enter Justin and Blaze laughing with Soldier and Lucky behind him.

Justin

On the list of things never to call the elderly by the way. Oldie but a goodie. Never heard the end of it.

Justin stops to see Seacrest glaring.

Seacrest

You never heard the end of it because Nancy is thirty you idiot.

Justin

We all make mistakes. Soldier Lucky this generic old man is Seacrest. Angry old and has a heart o' gold. He'll grow on you.

Seacrest

Or much like the boy... You wont.

Justin coos.

Seacrest

Shut up. You two hungry?

Togepi jumps out of Soldier's arms and runs towards Seacrest who completely changes his tone upon seeing the jolly young egg.

Seacrest

This one. This one I like. Happy and no sass. I've seen and loved ones like you a lot...

(unsure Seacrest pauses)

Justin

Lucky.

Seacrest

Your naming scheme is truly innovative.

Justin

Hey I didn't name him, his.... I still wanna say dad?...

Justin looks at Soldier who remains expressionless.

Justin

Yeah dad named him.

Seacrest

Speakin of. Are those dogtags?

Soldier nods.

Seacrest

You understand us I take it.

Soldier nods in confirmation again.

Justin

That's good, you can teach Lux and Blaze a thing or two if you have time.

Luxcalibur walks over to Soldier and scratches in the ground "dumb/nice". Justin reads it.

Justin

HEY!

Luxcalibur and Blaze snicker and Luxcalibur flees away from a chasing angry Justin.

Seacrest

So while here we just ask you behave in a respectable manner and we have no problem providing food for you and your child.

Lucky snuggles against Seacrest.

Seacrest

Who is easily the most welcome addition in recent memory.

Justin hollers from the distance.

Justin(V.O.)

I'm here too!

Seacrest

(annoyed)

Why aren't you getting your badge?

Justin stops chasing Luxcalibur who turns and sees his friend has gotten serious.

Justin

Just needed to clear the head. Blaze its time for round two.

Lux looks at Justin awaiting a call.

Justin

I want you there bud but you really outclass her and probably the next four gyms.

Luxcalibur jumps to Justin's chest and pounds lightly.

Justin

Last resort only... Lux? Am I clear?

Luxcalibur nods.

Justin

Blaze! Lux! Let's get us a badge.

Team Shenanigans leaves the garden.

Seacrest

Good luck dumbass.

ExT. Power Plant

Justin, Blaze and Luxcalibur are outside Julia's electric gym. Justin looks nervous for the first time. Blaze and Lux both pat him on the back.

Justin

I know I said we can always win another day Blaze but this time is pretty important seeing as how not much is being done in the other wards. We gotta get a move on. We will beat her this time. Let's do this boys.

All three cheer then head inside.

InT. power plant GYm room

Julia is on her phone heading out of the gym when she is stopped by Justin and company.

Julia

Finally wised up and brought your ace.

Justin

I bring myself to every fight.

Julia

Cute. I'd battle but I'm heading over to help Rini clear this mess up now.

Justin

I'll be joining you.

Julia

Not without the permitting trainer authority.

Justin

I've come to win it.

Julia

They both fighting?

Justin

If Lux needs to, but it may not come to that.

Julia

You really think Reborn leaders are that easy huh?

Justin

I think now you're underestimating me.

Julia

I'm glad to accept the challenge but if you lose this time Justin we will not extend the offer again.

• Upvote 1

Julia

You will be a normal trainer with limited access to hidden machines and huge restrictions on movements through wards and regions.

Justin

Hear that bud? Its now or never.

Julia

Ugh... Cmon.

Julia walks to her side of the gym.

Julia

Take your place challenger. This will be a 6 on 6 singles battle. The winner is decided when all 6 of the opponent's Pokémon can no longer battle.

(with little energy)

OTS we represent but alright alright alright... I'm wired so lets fight.

Justin

That didn't sound very wired.

Julia throws her first Pokémon it is an Electrode.

Justin

Ha! It's like those Russian dolls where a small one comes out of the big one but opposite.

Julia

Hm.

Justin

Alrighty Blaze, do the thing.

Justin throws Blaze the three poles to which he catches and subsequently tosses into the air. He consecutively throws the poles into the electrified arena one at a time a distance away from each other but before he is done Electrode begins to glow.

Julia

(unenthused)

Explosion!

Justin

WE EAT THOSE!

The explosion goes off, knocking out Electrode but Blaze emerges from the flames without harm.

Justin

And that's one babe...

Julia

Hm. Jolteon.

Julia looses a Pokéball and a spiked dog-like creature emerges. It looks at the space momentarily then releases a discharge.

Justin

ON THE ROOF!

Blaze hops to the top of one of the poles. He is unaffected by the stream of power surging through the room.

Julia

What... How isn't he?

Justin

I'd explain but you've clearly lost interest in me. Quick question though. If all these panels are destroyed does that affect power for the city.

Julia

Well no but-

Justin

Thank you. Blaze time to redecorate.

Blaze does a handstand on the pole and pulls it out of the ground as he lunges towards the others.

Julia

Stop him Jolteon!

The speedster cuts off Blaze in an instant and shoots lightning out of its mouth and Blaze takes the hit.

Justin

Blaze stay on those feet! Give em a thunder punch!

Jolteon inches closer but stops at Julia's command.

Julia

Jolteon stop! I'm not falling for that trap Justin.

Justin

(smirking)

Hehehe. He doesn't actually know thunder punch.

Blaze jumps back and tosses the pole into the ground behind him accidentally destroying two panels in the process.

Justin

Hm, that works.

Blaze then hops on the pole.

Julia

Hmmm...

Justin

I call a move then you call a move, that's how this works for some reason. Or are you just getting nervous. I know I'd be scared going up against the mightiest bird in the world.

Blaze scoffs and feigns blushing. Both Luxcalibur and Julia look upon the clownish youngsters with distaste.

Julia

Jolteon return.

Justin

BLAZE NOW!

Just as Jolteon is recalled to its ball Blaze jumps into the air and unleashes a massive Overheat attack smoldering half of the remaining panels.

Justin

You said something before about underestimating. You didn't look like you trusted me to be a competent trainer.

Julia

You're not as bad as I thought you would be but to be a trainer that actually works alongside the police force and helps stop dangerous activity you need to be smart too.

Justin

Well

(pointing to the ruined floor)

I tend to give thought to my fights.

Julia

(sighing)

Lastly you could take the arrogance down a notch.

Justin

(agitated)

That's kinda funny coming from the girl using her god damn B-team.

The is a moment of silence between the trainers. Blaze and Luxcalibur look at their angry teacher with unease. Justin glares at the now quiet cheerleader who is at a loss for words.

Justin

I came to Reborn for a challenge Julia. Give me one...

Julia smiles and walks towards a panel on the wall. She presses a few buttons and Pokéballs come from the wall. She exchanges the ones in her possession keeping her total at 5. She presses a large red button next to the dispension module and the panels that Blaze destroyed flip over, he jumps up grabbing his pole as the other two are destroyed and lost under the conversion. Blaze looks at Julia clearly annoyed by the loss of his weapons.

Julia

(far more perked up)

You wanted a challenge right!?

Blaze and Justin nod.

Julia

OTS WE REPRESENT SO ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT-

Julia summons her next fighter, the lightning drenched tarantula Galvantula. Immediately following its release it shoots webbing at ankle level and Blaze just avoids it by slamming his pole through a renovated panel and standing atop it. Justin looks at his partner confirming if he's okay.

Luxcalibur taps Justin's leg and points towards Julia who has already swapped her Galvantula for Emolga.

Justin

(sighing)

Awwwwww damn.

Julia

I'M WIRED SO LETS FIGHT!

Cut to black.

Julia

You're gonna get so boomied.

End of episode 6.

• Upvote 1

And that my friends is episode 6. Is it perfect? Probably not but its what I got. Comment as you please as any criticism is good criticism and I love to compare thoughts and analysis. So final note just as I'm actually doing a hardcore run of Reborn with the team I have in the story. Being Blaze the Combusken, Luxcalibur the Luxray, Soldier the Scyther and Lucky the Togetic (spoilers). For reference so you guys can understand the power difference. If Combusken is roughly level 20 in game. Luxcalibur is around level 55. Yeah a bit of a gap which is why in story he's the hero.

Finally that song you've been craving. This one is for Blaze and one of my personal favorites.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

So here's episode 7... wow time flies eh? This one is a little all over the place but mainly trying too hard to setup a whole lot. Next episode will flow a lot smoother. Justin's climactic battle with Julia in order to obtain all 8 badges... right? Well win or lose either way here's episode 7

"Stronger than you"

Int. seacrest's garden

Roughly an hour since Justin, Blaze and Luxcalibur's departure from the garden we see Seacrest and Soldier tending to the garden.

Seacrest

Not often I see anyone take this job so seriously.

Soldier continues to cut away at the bushes and trees as neatly as possible. He's doing an exceptional job at keeping all the hedge's edges even and clean.

SeACREST

Whoever trained you did well.

Next to the veteran Pokémon is Lucky. The small egg Pokémon does its best to mimic Soldier by waving its stubby arms at the bushes but failing to achieve the same effect. He looks up in disappointment at Soldier, who in the blink of an eye hacks away at the bush in front of Lucky. He then points at it and Lucky looks back at the trimmed hedge and returns to his jolly self. He then runs over to play with the small bug Pokémon in the garden.

SeaCREST

So you think you'll join the boy in his gym challenges one day?

Soldier pauses for a moment then resumes cutting without acknowledging Seacrest's question.

SeACREST

I suppose you have something more important to fight for.

Both Seacrest and Soldier look over at Lucky playing with his new found friends. Seacrest turns back to trimming. Soldier continues to look on.

A quick flash of Soldier cradling a small egg inside of a hollowed out tree, there's blood all over his body. Rain pours all around.

Cut back to Soldier now smiling as he sees the hatchling playing. He turns back and continues the yard work.

InT. Julia's Powerplant

The battle has gone on for a little while longer. Blaze is running around the electrified field as Emolga hails down bolts of lightning. Blaze is careful to jump between the gaps of electric webbing that Galvantula shot out.

Justin

Damn. The webbing is not helping, he needs to clear it if we're going to fight a flying type.

Luxcalibur howls and gets both Blaze and Justin's attention.

JuSTIN

I can't-

Luxcalibur pushes Justin back and howls again to Blaze and points to the corners of the arena. Blaze gives the "okay" gesture to his feline friend and begins running to the corner.

Julia

What did he say?

Justin shrugs in legitimate confusion. Blaze reaches one corner of the area and claws the webbing and picks it up.

JulIA

Emolga, stop him from whatever he's doing. Electro ball.

The small flying squirrel looses a bolt from its tail towards Blaze who effortlessly dodges it but the bolt comes back due to the electric grounding. Blaze runs, pulling up the webbing as he goes racing towards another corner.

JuLIA

Emolga Acrobatics.

JusTIN

Oh... I don't like that.

Blaze continues to the next corner and pulls the webbing off the ground and jumps over the electric rodent's aerial tackle and catches it entirely in the webbing, catching the creature off guard as well as Justin and Julia.

JuLIA

Clever boy.

JusTIN

Luxcalibur, you are so freaking smart!

Justin goes down and hugs and kisses the lion.

JusTIN

Alright Blaze, just... Show a little mercy.

Blaze grins maliciously as he opens his beak and releases a fire blast on the defenseless squirrel. After the fire and smoke subside the creature is seen with light burns and is recalled by Julia.

JuLIA

Its at this point that I'd say your entire team is actually capable of protecting themselves.

Justin goes to speak but Julia immediately cuts him off.

JuLIA

And before you say anything dumb-

JusTIN

I never say anything dumb. I'm quite the intellectual.

JuLIA

Ummmm... Sure. Jolteon lets go.

Jolteon returns to the field after Julia's summon.

JULIA

Agility.

After images of the speedster are seen all across the field.

JusTIN

This is a bad. Lux, any other brilliant plans?

Luxcalibur simply points his tail at himself.

JusTIN

(ignoring Luxcalibur)

Ok so Blaze, you remember that perfect guard technique I taught you?

Blaze nods. Justin whispers to Lux who stands at attention and his eyes begin to glow. He grins for a moment and begins following Jolteon with his eyes.

JusTIN

So Julia... What are your thoughts on Pokémon staying inside the ball?

JuLIA

Never thought about it.

JusTIN

You would think more people would.

JuLIA

So you think about that but not making them fight?

JusTIN

I've never made one fight in my life. Luxcalibur initially didn't want to fight because he was afraid of hurting someone. Now you see him.

Julia takes notice of the lion's weights around his legs and torso.

JulIA

Are those weights?

JusTIN

They cut his speed to a fraction of his top form. He's got about 2500lbs on him. I had the boys at Grand Hall rubberize him so his electric attacks are toned down too.

JuLIA

You're kidding.

JusTIN

(confused)

How is that funny?

JULIA

... Jolteon get close.

The after images all circle and enclose around Blaze.

JusTIN

Blaze, just stay calm and don't attack until you get a signal to okay.

Blaze takes a deep breath and closes his eyes.

JuLIA

Hyper voice!

Two after images rush Blaze and as Justin is about to make a call Lux grabs his leg to stop him. The first and closer image phases through the defenseless bird however the second stops behind him and solidifies. Luxcalibur roars and Blaze turns and throws up a white light emitting shield in front of his arm and is protected from the violent sound wave. Justin smiles.

JusTIN

TATSUMAKI SENPYUKAKA!

Blaze kicks Jolteon up into the air with an enflamed talon then jumps up and while in air releases a flurry of kicks upon the poor creature, the last kick sends it cratering into the panels destroying a few of them. Before the spiked animal loses consciousness it lets out a light wail and a small light rises from it before dissipating. Julia recalls her fallen friend.

JULIA

I'm pretty sure I said a singles battle.

JusTIN

Don't hate that my team supports each other on and off the field

Blaze raises a fist to his Pokémon partner and Luxcalibur lightly nods back.

JusTIN

You can send out Spider-Man, Blaze will make it quick and painless.

JULIA

(surprisingly perky)

Kay!

Justin looks on in suspicion as Julia resummons her giant tarantula Pokémon.

JULIA

Cover the floors Gary.

JusTIN

Ha. Garantula the Tarantula.

JuLIA

(coyly smiling)

Nobody ever gets that.

The floor is immediately covered in webbing, this time however Blaze was caught off guard.

JuLIA

Get him now Gary.

JusTIN

(flustered)

Damn it Gary, don't you dare!

Gary reaches Blaze and opens his mouth for an attack.

JusTIN

Blaze, perfect guard boy.

Blaze uses protect but the cunning Gary halts before his attack.

JuLIA

Disable.

A light sparkles at Gary's eyes and Blaze's arms and his light shield both subsequently drop and Gary begins inhaling strongly as a green life energy is sapped from Blaze who then falls to his knees.

JuLIA

Bounce.

Gary jumps into the air.

JusTIN

Not like this. Blaze roll over.

Blaze struggles to follow the command as sweat drips down the weak and disoriented foul's beak. Gary begins plummeting towards Blaze with sparks being released during his descent.

JusTIN

Flame thrower!

Blaze shoots a stream of fire upwards towards his falling foe which easily consumes the oversized bug. Gary hits the floor breaking some of the web that has trapped Blaze who is now able to stand. Gary is recalled by Julia as Blaze shows he is totally exhausted after the Giga drain on his body.

JusTIN

Stay with me buddy.

JuLIA

Alright time to boomie just like last time. It was fun while it lasted guys.

Red light pierces the arena. From it the metal monstrosity appears, its eye spinning wildly analyzing the opponents before it. It locks on to Blaze and slowly floats over.

JusTIN

(nervous)

Damn.

(thinking)

There's no way he can take a long fight with him now but if he can take it down in one hit... Maybe.

Justin pops up and points at the large UFO creature in front of Blaze.

JusTIN

Blaze, give him everything. AND THEN SOME! OVERHEAT

Blaze's arms at his side, his head tilts up and he screams as fire escapes from his body in small bursts then eventually a large explosion of flame goes off engulfing the two Pokémon battlers. Luxcalibur stands in front of Justin to protect him from the flames. Smoke puffs out after the flames begin to die and we see both Magnezone and Blaze are on the floor.

JusTIN

Double K.O... Blaze a double goes to the leader,

(urgency rises in Justin's scared voice)

I need you to stand. Cmon buddy.

Blaze is barely able to rise to his knee. He huffs heavily holding his chest tightly. He clearly does not have the energy to rise further.

JusTIN

And that Julia-

A small white light appears and falls to Magnezone, upon contact all of the burns across his body fade away and he returns to his space in the air.

JusTIN

Oh no...

JULIA

(confident smile)

Magnezone...

Beeping and clanks are heard as the monster closes in on Blaze. He eventually ends up with his eyball pressed uncomfortably to Blaze's beak.

• Upvote 1

JULIA

Boom...

Energy is siphoned from the panels turning them all to a listless gray. Magenezone's eyes spin around wildly until they stop focused entirely on Blaze and it fires a full powered surge of electrical energy that engulfs Blaze and blows away part of the wall behind Justin.

JusTIN

(sighing)

You tried bud. Arceus knows you tried.

When the light from Magenzone's attack fades we see Luxcalibur holding Blaze on his back. He has taken the brunt of the attack and Blaze is knocked out.

JusTIN

Thanks Lux, you're clearly a better partner than me.

Luxcalibur walks his wounded partner over to Justin who takes him off his back and loads Blaze onto his own back. Blaze wakes up momentarily to give the "okay" sign with his claws to Luxcalibur. Luxcalibur returns to the field and gives a serious glare at the metal beast that attacked his friend.

Dramatic music begins to play.

Narrator

And so ace versus ace. The match that had been long anticipated by Julia had finally come to pass. Which side would win could only be-

Luxcalibur's tail lights up and he bats the Magnezone out of the building. Outside we see it has crash landed into the power lines next to a child and his mother.

Kid

Told you UFO's exist.

We focus back inside on Justin and Julia's shocked expressions.

NaRRATOR

Remember when I opened these... I'm gonna talk to the writer...

Julia walks to the fresh hole in the gym and recalls her Magnezone.

JuLIA

Doesn't matter. I still have one-

Luxcalibur's eyes light up and he walks over to one of the still working panels and picks it up with his teeth. Justin looks upon shocked and Julia watches in disbelief and disappointment.

JULIA

(huffing and puffing)

That's no fair.

JusTIN

YOU WERE GONNA SURPRISE SHOCK BLAZE!

JULIA

(batting her eyelashes)

Maybe...

JusTIN

NOT COOL!

The camoflage wears off the masked Pokémon fish revealing the Pancake-like Stunfisk. Luxcalibur shakes his head rapidly while still biting onto the small fish until it gets to dizzy to remain conscious then tosses it over to Julia who catches it in her last Pokéball.

JusTIN

Had to bring Lux in after all. Good job boys, you keep making me proud.

Blaze gets off Justin's back and runs over to Luxcalibur and the two begin to cheer and play together.

JusTIN

(condescending)

Ohhhh now you can run.

Julia walks over to Justin yawning.

JuLIA

You get the.... hmmm

(falling asleep)

Need coffee.

JusTIN

Julia-

She puts a finger to Justin's mouth to hush him.

JuLIA

The whatchamacallit badge makes your team do stuff...

Julia falls over passed out and Justin catches her along with his newfound "Whatchamacallit" Badge.

JusTIN

Well boys. 1 down, only 7 more to go. LET'S DO THISSSSSSS-

Int. SEACREST'S GARDEN

The team cheers and we cut to Seacrest garden. Julia is asleep in a relaxer while Justin and company are silently drinking moo moo milk in an energyless fashion.

JusTIN

I'm going home.

SeACREST

(holding back laughter)

You said you wanted a challenge.

JusTIN

18 GOD DAMN BADGES AND.... HOLY CHRIST... AND AN ELITE FOUR!

(defeated)

I quit

Justin goes to walk away but Blaze grabs his arm.

JusTIN

Blaze I know I said the two of us can do anything but that's a lot. I just wanted to get through a league and shut my br- and go home.

Blaze caws angrily at his friend. Justin thinks for a moment and breaks in a frustrated yell.

JusTIN

DAMN IT. FINE BLAZE! We will fight all the gyms and have outlandish adventures.

(serious and in Blaze's face)

Just remember... You wanted this.

Blaze runs over to Luxcalibur and the two begin playing around the garden.

JusTIN

Well that was an ordeal. I ho...ly shit forgot that I had to help Flo-rini-robot in the vine ward, I should stop getting distracted.

SeACREST

I'll pretend that was a coherent sentence, if it gets you out of here.

JusTIN

Love you too! Blaze, we're out. Lux, you're on guard duty.

Blaze and Luxcalibur stand together shaking their heads.

JusTIN

Guys its a vine problem, that means grass types everywhere.

Solider walks up to Justin from behind, catching him off guard.

JusTIN

(surprised)

Jeez, need to put a bell on you.

Soldier points at Justin then to Blaze and Luxcalibur and points out of the garden, signaling the group to leave.

JusTIN

Think you can keep a look out alone?

Soldier clangs his arms together.

JusTIN

Alright...

Justin runs inside quickly then back out holding the same watch device that Blaze and Luxcalibur wear.

JusTIN

(panting)

Alright, this is how we call each other.

(wrapping the device around soldier's ankle)

Tap it if you run into trouble or just wanna say hi.

Soldier proceeds to test the device making Blaze's watch go off, he waves at its monitor and we see on Soldier's ankle a waving and smiling duo in Blaze and Luxcalibur.

JusTIN

You two are silly.

SeACREST

(sarcastic)

Wherever would they get that from?

JusTIN

No idea.

Justin begins walking out and his teammates run after him.

JusTIN

Later boys.

SeACREST

I have the strangest feeling of deja vu.

Opal ward streets (afternoon)

Justin is walking alongside Blaze and Luxcalibur. Blaze is sitting atop Luxcalibur reading a book with a load of scratches on the cover.

JusTIN

Nice day out huh guys?

Luxcalibur is distracted by the hustle of the city which is oddly busy today. Blaze is lost inside of his book.

JusTIN

Its cool, I like being ignored sometimes.

As the group continues down their path they hear a weak crying creature from an alleyway. Blaze puts his book away in Justin's bag and begins heading down the alley.

JusTIN

Guys can we ever focus on the one task we set out to accomplish?

Luxcalibur follows after Blaze. Justin sighs then follows the two between the houses past a couple of homeless people who seem to be gambling with a dice game. The Pokémon freely pass, however Justin is given a bit of a hard time.

Homeless man

(clearling mucus in his throat)

Hey!

(he spits in Justin's direction barely missing him)

What you doin' back here "trainer"?

The other gambling refugees laugh and assist in heckling Justin.

JusTIN

I actually don't want any problems-

HoMELESS MAN

What....

(angry)

You think cause we out here playin dice-

JusTIN

You're gambling.

HoMELESS MAN

On a nice day-

JusTIN

In a hidden dark alley way.

HoMELESS MAN

That we up to no good.

Luxcalibur turns back down the alley looking at the commotion.

JusTIN

(playing along)

Alright then... So what's up?

HoMELESS MAN

(shocked)

We uh.... just want....

JusTIN

(smiling innocently)

To?

The homeless man ponders for a moment before giving up.

HoMELESS MAN

Fuck it! Take his shit!

A lightning bolt shoots out and sends the man flying right into Justin's arms.

JusTIN

That boys is called a warning shot.

Justin announces to the onlookers who have gone from confident to terrified in a matter of seconds.

JusTIN

So anyone else want to play my game or is dice exciting enough.

The people quickly return to their game of dice, Justin lightly places the knocked out homeless man in the place he was in before attacking Justin. Justin even places one of the die in his hands as if the man is awaiting his turn then walks down the alley petting Luxcalibur as he goes. The two reach the end of the bleak space and there is a small opening with a large wire fence and a small rickety house that the homeless clearly use on occasion. The door to the building is already ajar and Blaze is nowhere to be seen. Justin and Luxcalibur look at each other then slowly walk inside to see Blaze sitting next to a crying Kirlia. He does his best to console her but she wont calm down. Blaze pokes at his watch for a moment and soothing music begins to play from it. The gentle tune fills the house and the weeping Pokémon begins to simmer down. Justin and Luxcalibur remain by the door to see what happens and avoid startling the young creature. Kirlia's tears turn to a nervous smile and Blaze takes her hand and begins to walk her out but her legs give way revealing a series of welts and scars on her legs in addition to the many that cover her body. Blaze slowly picks her up revealing a chain tying her down as if insult to injury.

JusTIN

(serious)

Lux.

Luxcalibur walks over and bites through the chain. Kirlia looks afraid of the lion who walks away after tearing through the chain.

JusTIN

Blaze, take her back to the garden then meet us at the eastern edge of Opal. We have to handle something.

Blaze lashes out in protest at Justin and Luxcalibur who are halfway out the door. Justin stops turns with a smile.

JusTIN

This one isn't a request.

• Upvote 1

Justin and Luxcalibur leave and Justin's expression goes from calm to furious. Veins can be seen in the young man's head and neck and red rises in his face. More than anger is in his thoughts. It is fury and his feline partner looks concerned about Justin's mental state. Justin approaches the homeless man who attacked him earlier and grabs him by the shirt and slams him into a wall. The attack grazes the man's skin on his hands and the back of his head. He's already bleeding a little.

JusTIN

Listen to me as I will not repeat one word.

The others rise up in opposition getting close to Justin.

JusTIN

Luxcalibur, if I see one of them within three feet of me, take their hands off.

The crowd looks on in terror.

JusTIN

What have you been doing to the Pokémon inside that house.

HOMELESS MAN

Nothing

(terrified)

I swear we don't do nothing to it.

JusTIN

So you're telling me those scars and the chain just appeared out of nowhere?

HOMELESS MAN

No... There's this guy. He's crazy. Like mad crazy. And he come mess with us sometimes too.

Justin cocks back and punches a hole through the concrete wall the man's back is pressed against.

JusTIN

(stress is heard in Justin's voice)

Who...

HOMELESS MAN

His name is Chris and... He aint right in the head. He does things to the Pokémon and even to us... You... Shouldn't talk to him.

JusTIN

I don't plan on talking to him.

Justin lets the man go and leaves the alleyway with Luxcalibur following after him. Upon leaving he sees a well dressed man about to walk in.

JusTIN

(furious with a stern look)

Yo.

The young upperclassman looks at Justin confused.

JusTIN

You Chris?

Chris

Those low lives sending another trainer to "handle" me? Listen kid, in Reborn only the strong-

Justin punches the smug teenager in the jaw knocking him back several feet. A few teeth drip out of the bleeding young man's mouth as he reels himself back to his feet.

JusTIN

No need for words. You disrespect people and Pokémon weaker than you and that's all I need to know.

The teenager stands and runs away. Justin bolts after him with Luxcalibur in tow. Justin runs by building after building looking down the pathways between them. Time slows down as Justin runs past one of the houses and is surprise attacked by an Onix's tail which sends him flying into an abandoned building. He craters into its wall creating an imprint around his body. His left arm has been devastated with the bone poking out in two spots. He remains motionless in the wall.

ChRIS

(words slur with the loss of his teeth)

Like I said kid, you fuck with high society you get fucked by high society. Now I think you owe me your bag for the teeth you knocked out.

Chris walks close Justin and reaches towards him but Justin wakes up and grabs Chris' arm who screams in fear.

ChRIS

(crying out in fear)

ONIX HELP ME!

The giant rock snake lunges towards Justin and Chris but is cut short by Luxcalibur who has its tail pinned under its front paw.

JusTIN

(cold)

Lux, give me a rock.

Luxcalibur looks on uneasy then hesitantly breaks off a piece of Onix's tail which causes the giant to bellow in agony before collapsing over. He then bats it over to Justin who catches it after letting go of Chris' hand. Chris runs but Justin throws the rock at his feet causing the terrified teen to tumble. Justin slowly walks over to Chris who is crawling away at this point. Justin kneels on Chris's back then turns him over and begins wailing on him with his good hand. After a few hits Luxcalibur roars to get his attention but he doesn't stop. In this moment the Onix breaks away from Luxcalibur and charges fervently towards Justin who stops the rock monster in its tracks with one hand.

JusTIN

(focused on Chris as Onix struggles against him)

You like feeling big I bet? Its nice to be stronger than other people, believe me I know what you're feeling. But you don't get there by beating down the weak.

ChrIS

(crying to the point of almost being incoherrent)

I'm so-so-sorry!

(bowing to Justin)

Please, I wont hurt anyone ever again.

JusTIN

No... No you wont.

Justin cocks his arm back again and swings downwards towards Chris's stomach but before contact he is suddenly lifted into the air and begins floating. At first confused then angry with the intervener. He looks around to see Blaze and Kirlia the latter of whom is using her psychic powers to keep Justin at bay.

JusTIN

BLAZE I TOLD YOU TO-

Blaze yells out, cutting Justin off. He goes on as if reprimanding his friend.

JusTIN

(slightly calmer but still angry)

NO! This type of thing-

Blaze places Kirlia down on Luxcalibur's back then bolts over to Justin and punches him in the face knocking the furious trainer to his behind as well as his senses as he slowly looks at what he's done to a child's face and the damage done to his own body. He remains silent for a moment processing the situation. He slowly stands up and pats Blaze on the back.

JusTIN

I'm taking Kirlia with me. If I hear the same story about you again...

(justin looks at his friends' worried expressions)

Just go.

Chris recalls his Onix and flees. Luxcalibur walks over with Kirlia.

JusTIN

Thank you Blaze. Thanks Lux. And thank you miss from stopping me from doing something I shouldn't do.

The ballerina-esq Pokémon smiles and gestures for Justin to move closer. She then raises her hands and a blue light emanates from them and slowly Justin's arm heals back, not without some pain to the adolescent.

JusTIN

Thank you. Blaze, head home. Make sure she's taken care of. Me and Lux are going to uproot this vine problem.

Blaze nods, taking Kirlia off of Luxcalibur's back. Blaze then raises a fist. Justin smiles and pounds it. Blaze and Kirlia go off towards the garden while Justin and Luxcalibur venture towards the Obsidia ward. We cut to Chris staring at Blaze and Kirlia entering the garden, he looks on furiously with the blood still fresh around his mouth. He's approached by Darm who has a new Darminatan next to him.

Darm

Hey kid. A Luxray from this garden give you trouble?

Chris looks at him suspiciously.

ChrIS

(the fear still in his voice)

Why...

DaRM

Cause that stupid fucking cat killed my partner and I'm gonna get it back. You down?

Chris wipes the tears and blood off of his face.

ChrIS

Yeah. Its asshole trainer took my shit.

DaRM

Well alright. Come with me, we got prepwork to do.

Darm and Chris walk away from the garden and we cut to black.

End of Episode 7.

• Upvote 1

And with the advent of episode 7 I can say that no more Pokémon will join team Shenanigans. That's it. Swearsie realsies. And with out I will show Blaze's new Kirlia friend's song. I think its fitting given her recent history. One of my personal favorites. Isabella's song. (spoiler)

• Upvote 1