Fire Emblem on the Forums: Sea of Crossroads [IC]

krim

Karik_No_Way.png

“Oh, um, thank you.” Karik was surprised to see the rather imposing man on a horse speak to him. He seemed a lot more silent than he expected. How the heck does he keep his horse steady on a boat, though? “Aye’ll make sure my technique gets stronger. It wouldn’t do to have one of yer soldiers holding back their mates.”

Karik_Lets_do_this.png

“Oh, my name’s Karik, by the way.” Karik didn’t want to seem rude around the rather nice Nomad, giving him a rather polite bow as he spoke. “It’s a pleasure to meet you, sir.”

tumblr_og1qiyXXfW1vbmrpfo4_100.png

"Spoken like a warrior."

The young child's demeanor and speech are different from what he's used to, but since he'd arrived on Versidia -- no, before that, even -- he's gotten more accustomed to encountering people and customs vastly unlike his own. It's jarring, still, and likely won't stop being so for a while, but this boy both displays a healthy ambition and a respect for his elders, which, speech and mannerisms aside, show him to be worthy enough in the nomad's eyes.

"Idei of the Nayavu," he answers in equal measure. Then, a beat later, remembering that most he has introduced himself to recently have not heard of his tribe nor even known much, or anything, about the tribes of Arcadia in general, he clarifies: "I'm from the sands of Arcadia. Have you . . . ever been there?"

Who knows, given that this child seems to have worked with sea marauders for some time now; perhaps his travels on boats have taken him there before.

Edited by rokubiraijuu

Karik_Better.png

“Arcadia, huh?” Karik closed his eyes, trying to remember the details of the place that he had remembered. “Ah yes, Arcadia. A desert island located slightly southeast of Versidia. Many nomadic tribes exist on the island, taking refuge in oasis villages spread throughout the entire island. Like many islands across Veritias, the church’s influence is strong throughout the island.” Karik smiled, happy to know he still remembered everything the information he learned about the islands.

Karik_Calm.png

“Oh, um, but Aye’ve never been there meself.” Karik’s smile went away, losing its emotion as he continued. “The pirates wouldn’t let me leave the cabins when they went out and about, so I just stayed inside.”

Karik_Lets_do_this.png

Karik shook his head around, trying not to think about it. “Aye bet Arcanos be an amazing capital, though. Maybe Aye'll see it meself, someday.”

Surprised by the sudden lucidity of his description, Idei simply blinks, caught off guard -- what had moments before been a boy of curious speech patterns and a heavy accent commonly associated with the pirates he'd been traveling with had suddenly become a voice much cleaner in diction, as though the account is not precisely his own but rather recalled from a book, word for word. Surely then this child can't be just a simple pirate if he could read, could speak in such a way; he had overheard his plea to Belros that he had to return to Versidia and wonders whether the child comes from one of the families of high status he has seen since the beginning of his days with the guard.

Whoever he is, he's a little more than meets the eye. That much is clear from the way his tone wavers slightly by the end of his words; there is something else there besides a young visage and unsteady hands. And then just as quickly, he reverts back to his usual way of talking.

tumblr_og1qiyXXfW1vbmrpfo2_100.png

"I can't stay with the Guard forever," Idei replies with a touch of wistfulness, though it's difficult to discern in his conservative monotone. "My tribe is still waiting for me to find them. I've only been to Arcanos once before for a short time, but when I go back, maybe I can bring you to see it."

Edited by rokubiraijuu

Karik_Lets_do_this.png

“I’m… not so sure about that.” Karik gave a fake smile, trying not to dishearten Idei. “Once I return to Versidia, I doubt I’ll be leaving for awhile. Once thing’s for sure, it's unlikely that I can stay with you all.”

Karik_Calm.png

The members of the Royal Guard seemed so nice. Well, other than that red-haired woman that yelled at him just because he was trying to speak with his friend, Biden, though Karik probably got to her at a bad time. But otherwise, they certainly did feel safer than the pirates. They were seemed to supportive and kind, and they were hired by the Royal Family, so of course they were. Still, as much as he’d love to, he didn’t feel at his safest with them. Versidia was where he could feel at his safest.

Edited by InnocentBoy

Of course, he understands having greater priorities. More than most, he knows how it pulls at the strings of the heart to have something waiting for you, something you must return to. Until then, everything else feels transitory, no more than a temporary engagement, an evanescent home, and one's eyes are turned always to something lingering just out of reach, out of sight. His smile is solemn, but genuine. If this child has something like that, then it is only right to help him regain it as soon as possible. In his place, Idei would feel the same.

tumblr_og1qiyXXfW1vbmrpfo4_100.png

"I understand."

[Enemy Phase]

Mercenary 3 Moves to J13 and attacks Karik

(Karik is inspired!)

(Karik is ready to deflect!)
(Karik is carrying someone)
(Mercenary 3 has the advantage)
Mercenary 3:
Attack: 8
Hit: 86%
Crit: 2%
Karik:
Attack: 14
Hit: 59%
Crit: 0%
Mercenary 3's Attack: 99, miss.
Karik's Attack: 1, hit!
Mercenary 3 takes 14 damage!

The mercenary, having watched one of his men fall and another turn traitor, decided to deal with the turncoat. However, even while carrying someone much larger than he was, Karik was still able to deflect the blow and strike the mercenary in retaliation.
"Can't believe this, I tell the lad to deal with the enemy and instead he joins them. Guess I'll need to teach 'im a lesson," Wakin snarls before walking towards Karik, preparing his hatchet.
Wakin Moves to L12 and attacks Karik

(Karik is inspired!)
(Karik is ready to send the enemy to the locker)
(Karik is carrying someone)
(Wakin is inspired!)
Wakin:
Attack: 9
Hit: 83%
Crit: 6%
Karik:
Attack: -
Hit: -
Crit: -
Wakin's Attack: 9, hit!
Karik takes 9 damage!

Karik attempts to dodge the hatchet coming towards him, but the person he's carrying makes it difficult, causing the hatchet to gash the boy on the side. Wakin only laughs as he prepares another hatchet.

[Ally Phase]

Madante_New.png

"Well what's this? It seems we have someone else on our side now, and those pirates aren't too pleased about it. Still, any enemy of theirs is a friend of mine as far as I'm concerned," Madante remarks as he goes towards the boy and the mercenary who attacked him.

"You there, my name is Madante, and these are my men from the Royal Guard of Versidia. Now that introductions are out of the way, we must attend to these cretins," he states before striking.

Madante Moves to K13 and attacks Mercenary 3

(Madante is inspiring others!)
(Mercenary 3 is inspiring others!)
Madante:
Hit: 91%
Crit: 11%
Mercenary 3:
Attack: 8
Hit: 81%
Crit: 1%
Madante's Attack: 2, hit!
(Madante's sword glows: 23)
Madante defeats Mercenary 3 with 9 damage!

Madante's quick strike overwhelmed the already wounded mercenary, dropping him to the ground.
Turn 4
Turn4Map.png
Cadence's Imbue activates
Karik's Renewal activates
Cheat Sheet

Enemies: Health, Location, Weapon

Pirate 1: (0/22) (G10) Iron Club (44/45)

Pirate 2: (0/22) (H7) Iron Club (45/45)

Pirate 3: (0/22) (G10) Iron Club (43/45)

Pirate 4: (0/22) (J8) Iron Club (44/45)

Wakin: (24/24) (O14) Iron Club (45/45), Hatchet (34/35)

Pirate 7: (22/22) (I26) Iron Club (45/45)

Pirate 8: (22/22) (N25) Iron Club (45/45)

Pirate 9: (22/22) (L30) Iron Club (45/45)

Pirate 10: (22/22) (S21) Iron Club (45/45), Vulnerary (3/3) (Droppable)

Pirate 11: (22/22)(U15) Iron Club (45/45), Iron Lance (Droppable)

Pirate 12: (22/22)(G20) Iron Club (45/45), Iron Knife (Droppable)

Mercenary 1: (0/21) (J11) Captured

Mercenary 2: (0/21) (H13) Iron Sword (43/45)

Mercenary 3: (0/21) (K15) Iron Sword (44/45)

Mercenary 4: (21/21) (T28) Iron Sword (45/45)

Mercenary 5: (21/21) (T23) Iron Sword (45/45), Vulnerary (3/3)

Mercenary 6: (21/21) (U21) Iron Sword (45/45), Vulnerary (3/3) (Droppable)

Archer 1: (0/20) (H8) Iron Bow (42/45)

Archer 2 (Agrev): (0/20) (K10) Iron Bow (44/45), Vulnerary (3/3)

Archer 3: (20/20) (M27) Iron Bow (45/45)

Archer 4: (20/20) (P27) Iron Bow (45/45), Iron Longbow (30/30)

Gonzap: (26/26) (U28) Airmd (30/30), Hatchet (35/35)

Enemy Stats

Pirate

abasepiratetemplate.png

Note: 2 speed

Wakin

1minibosstemplate.png

Note: Wakin w/ Hatchet will have 12 Might and 94 Base Hit

2 speed

Gonzap

1GONZAP.png

Note: Gonzap w/ Hatchet will have 13 Might and 92 Base Hit

5 speed

Mercenary

amerctemplate.png

Note: 5 speed

Archer

1archertempalte.png

Note: Archer 4 w/ Longbow may have 11 Might, 79 Base Hit, and 10 Evasion

5 speed

Players: Health, Location, Weapons

Rayne: (18/19) (K9) Iron Javelin (43/45), Vulnerary (3/3) Dismounted
Belros: (19/19) (J9) Iron Dagger (42/45), Vulnerary (3/3)
Cadence: (20/20) (G13) Iron Rapier (31/40), Vulnerary (2/3)
Emilee: (16/17) (G12) Heal (27/30), Vulnerary (3/3)
Darius: (19/20) (I9) Flux (38/40), Vulnerary (3/3)
Idei: (18/19) (K8) Iron Bow (39/45), Vulnerary (3/3)
Chirya: (16/20) (H11) Vulnerary (3/3)
Karik: (15/23) (J12) Iron Axe (43/45), Vulnerary (3/3), Iron Sword (43/45) Captured Merc 1
Allies: Health, Location, Weapons
Madante: (21/22) (K13) Allegretto (-), Vulnerary (3/3)
Exp Tracker: 20/100

foqQJiP.png

Looks like their boss won't just sit back while there's betrayal going on. "This isn't good, looks like one of their leaders is coming after Karik." Belros knew he had to step in, even with Madante the leader could still cause trouble. But his dagger couldn't do as much damage to him, either way no way he's going to ignore this. He runs towards the two and as he gets closer he notices something strange in Karik's possesion. "Is that a sword? It'll definetly do more damage than this dagger, maybe he'll lend me it for a bit."

MKRj07N.png

Belros shoved himself inbetween both Karik and Wakin and almost imidetaily after he turned his head back spoke firmly and loud to Karik. "Quick, pass me that sword!" He wasn't as adept with a blade as he was with a dagger, but he certainly can inflict more damage with a larger blade. He just hopes that swaping weapons will actually make a diffence.

Move to K12 and Trade with Karik

Karik_Better.png

Karik looked, wondering who the heck was the one to throw that Hatchet. It was certainly a man he recognized, given that he was just talking to him a few minutes ago. “Ey, Aye regret nothin’, Wakin! Ye’re a pirate, though. Ye should know all about mutiny, right?” Karik gave a wink as he continued, ignoring the slight pain from the axe. “This mutiny just happens to be doin’ a lot better.”

MKRj07N.png

"Quick, pass me that sword!"

Karik_Lets_do_this.png

Karik saw Belros dash between them, asking for Biden’s sword. “Thanks, Biden! Who knew this thing would be so useful? Certainly wasn’t very for ye.” Putting his foot beside the sword on the ground, Karik kicked it toward Belros. “Quick, before it slides overboard.”

Trade Iron Sword (43/45) to Belros

oFAdgyX.png

As the sword slid by his feet he squatted down and grabbed it by the hilt. He held it up like he does a dagger, with the blade side down. "Thanks!" he said to Karik before turning towards Wakin. "Alright you fiend, lets see you try and hit me!" He spoke smugly towards Wakin right before dashing in to give him a couple sword gashes across his chest. He could feel the difference in weight of the sword compared to his dagger. It was more bulky and less mobile, but it came with larger blade length. If only he was able to bring a set of knives with him then the range wouldn't be too much of an issue, but alas he doesn't have a set on him at the moment.

Place a couple of gashes on Wakin's chest with the Iron Sword

Now that what seems to be one of the pirates' more formidable warriors is upon them, there is little time for idle conversation. At the sight of the hatchet lashing out at a throwing range, Idei instinctively tenses; his bow would be of little use here in terms of harming the man without retaliation. And as he watches the hatchet spin through the air and strike the defenseless child -- of all targets! -- tearing open a wound on someone who used to be one of their own, the nomad's blood simmers low and cold, fingers itching to draw his bowstring and let the rogue answer for his dishonor with an arrow tip to the throat.

But it's easy to see that what had hindered Karik's ability to evade the strike has less to do with his own ability and more with the weight of the mercenary man still on his back. It can't be easy for a child, even one as precocious as him, to carry such a cargo without being weighed down.

tumblr_inline_ofzyoxoVfM1tu2j7t_540.png

It's not easy to urge Kite into motion when the stubborn stallion insists on planting his hooves at the motion of the rocking ship, but he manages it, drawing up alongside the boy and reaching out to pull the salvaged mercenary off his back. "Give him to me."

Mercenary_1.png

"Ohh . . . will this ever end? You're not going to kill me, are you?"

tumblr_og1qiyXXfW1vbmrpfo3_100.png

"If it were my choice, death would be the only honorable end for you."

Mercenary_1.png

"Oh, gods -- "

tumblr_inline_ofzyoxoVfM1tu2j7t_540.png

"But I will honor Cadence's decision. Go." Releasing the man's arm, he backs Kite up a step, giving a jerk of his head to indicate the the man is free to run, and will not be stopped.

Move to J11, take Mercenary 1 from Karik and Release.

Edited by rokubiraijuu

(Belros is Loyal!)
(Belros will attack twice!)
(Belros is inspired!)
(Belros has the advantage)
(Wakin is ready to deflect!)
Belros:
Hit: 100%
Crit: 1%
Wakin:
Hit: 53%
Crit: 4%
Belros' Attack 1: 38, hit!
Wakin takes 9 damage
Wakin's Attack: 59, miss.
Belros' Attack 2: 22, hit!
Wakin takes 9 damage!

Belros rushes in and slashes Wakin's chest. Wakin tries to strike him with his hatchet, but is unable to make contact. While he is still reeling from his axe smashing the planks of the boat, Belros goes in for another strike, wounding Wakin quite severely.
Cheat Sheet

Wakin: (6/24) (O14) Iron Club (45/45), Hatchet (33/35)

Mercenary 1: (0/21) (J11) Released

Enemy Stats

Pirate

abasepiratetemplate.png

Wakin

1minibosstemplate.png

2 speed

Gonzap

1GONZAP.png

5 speed

Mercenary

amerctemplate.png

Archer

1archertempalte.png

5 speed

Belros: (19/19) (K12) Iron Dagger (42/45), Vulnerary (3/3), Iron Sword (41/45)
Idei: (18/19) (J11) Iron Bow (39/45), Vulnerary (3/3)
Karik: (15/23) (J12) Iron Axe (43/45), Vulnerary (3/3)
Exp Tracker: 23/100

tumblr_og1qiyXXfW1vbmrpfo3_100.png

"Give him to me."

Karik_Lets_do_this.png

“Ah, thanks, matey.” With a quick toss over his shoulder, Karik handed the Mercenary off to Idei, knowing he’d probably do a better job of taking him away. Besides, he needed his full strength for this. "Aye owe ya one."

“Hey, Wakin!” Karik dashed past Belros and Idei, approaching the enemy Pirate from his western side. “Remember when ya wanted to show off yer fancy club?” Karik gripped onto his axe, his eyes darting to vital areas, a giant grin on his face as he prepared himself. Even if he wanted to strike those points, this felt much better to him. “Why don’t Aye take a close look at it?!” With a quick strike, Karik swung his axe low, hoping to incapacitate Wakin’s legs.

Move L11 and Capture Wakin for that sweet Hatchet and Club

Edited by InnocentBoy

(Karik is inspired!)
(Karik is ready to send the enemy to the Locker)
(Karik is attempting a capture)
(Wakin is ready to deflect!)
Karik:
Hit: 67%
Crit: 0%
Wakin:
Attack: 10
Hit: 78%
Crit: 6%
Karik's Attack: 37, hit!
Karik captures Wakin with 9 damage!

Being careful not to miss his mark, Karik strikes out at Wakin. Though he tries to deflect it, his hatchet is brushed aside as Karik's axe hits its mark, bringing Wakin down for Karik to capture.
"You gotta be kidding me. Yer supposed to be some weak runt. How could...this happen," Wakin mutters as Karik hefts the man onto his shoulders.
Cheat Sheet

Wakin: (0/24) (O14) Iron Club (45/45), Hatchet (33/35) Captured

Mercenary 1: (0/21) (J11) Released

Enemy Stats

Pirate

abasepiratetemplate.png

Wakin

1minibosstemplate.png

2 speed

Gonzap

1GONZAP.png

5 speed

Mercenary

amerctemplate.png

Archer

1archertempalte.png

5 speed

Belros: (19/19) (K12) Iron Dagger (42/45), Vulnerary (3/3), Iron Sword (41/45) Took a turn
Idei: (18/19) (J11) Iron Bow (39/45), Vulnerary (3/3) Took a turn
Karik: (15/23) (J12) Iron Axe (42/45), Vulnerary (3/3) Carrying Wakin, Took a turn
Exp Tracker: 23/100

“Yer supposed to be some weak runt.”

Karik_Tease.png

“What can Aye say?” Karik took the Iron Club attached to Wakin’s belt, his Hatchet also dropped to the ground beside them. “Aye’ve a good reason to fight this time. It helps ye fight sometimes.”

Karik took a look at the Iron Club he took from Wakin. “Wow, this thing ain’t even that cool-lookin’.” Karik dropped it onto the floor, leaving it to pick up later. “Now, this Hatchet.” Karik picked up the small axe that Wakin dropped as he struck the blow that brought him down.

“Aye wonder..” With a flick of his wrist, Karik threw the axe out towards the sea, forgetting he was on a ship… somehow. Despite his worries, Karik was right about his guess. The spinning Hatchet swung right back towards him and he caught it in his hands.

Karik_Lets_do_this.png

“Well, this thing oughta be a boat load o' fun.”

UVXgbnW.png

"Heheheheh..." She couldn't help it... she found herself chuckling as the spectacle unfolded yet again, this time with an even bigger and burlier man being hefted... "I'll admit, however you're doing this, it's pretty amazing. Just look at him, a grown men, helpless as a ragdoll in your arms. You're something else, taking his dignity so easily..."

She stopped her chuckling though, expression darkening as she took a closer look at just who he had captured... the fucker who'd been giving orders when they first boarded the ship.

JRu0Bd2.png

"I'm afraid we can't spare this one though..." she said, hand on her hilt. "your mercenary friend was one thing, but this guy... he's something else entirely, I can tell from his eyes. I try to break him down, he'll just keep resisting till he ends up dead. And if we just let him go, even stripped of his gear, he'll only find another scumlord captain to take orders from... He's a like a hound, a mad hound, who goes around preying on wandering children. And where I come from, we've only one way to deal with mad hunds..."

Move to L13, advocate for Wakin getting the death penalty! (AKA, hold and be savage)

Karik_Talk_to_Me.png

“Wait, you mean..?” A chill ran down Karik’s spine as he realized what Cadence asked. “Yes, of course.”

Karik_Calm.png

Karik threw Wakin onto the floor, the man near silent and not responding much, probably from his rather dangerous injuries. “Guess now’s as good as time as any...” Karik put the Hatchet and Club aside, reaching for his axe. His hands wavered as he began to raise the weapon off the ground.

"It's easy. He's already down. Just need to raise up my a- huh?" The axe felt different. It felt strangely heavier to the young boy. Karik tried to lift it off the ground, but he wasn’t able to bring it up far. Barely past his waist, but no farther, certainly unable to be high enough to finish him off. “Dang it, why is this thing so heavy?”

g8ewicv.png

"... I'm afraid you're feeling is the weight of a human life." Cadence answered "killing isn't easy, unless you've got a few screws loose or simply have no soul, but no time is ever as hard as the first... at least, that's what my grandfather said. If you can't lift your axe now... I guess it just means that some part of you just isn't ready. but... it is precisely in moments such as those, when the body seizes up, or the mind falters and begins to doubt itself and the situation it's found itself in, that more than ever a warrior must reevaluate just why they are prepared to take the life of their foe, remind themselves of the significance such an act as taking away sons and daughters from from their parents or fathers and mothers from their children carries. Weigh the cost both to themselves, and to those they might be seeking to protect if they lower their weapon... and in that moment, decide whether it is better to express mercy, or exact justice. Just as I did with your friend. So too must you do with this scumlord here...

But if you don't feel alright making this choice... you don't have to be the one to do it. I suggested it in the first place. If it's anyone's responsibility to make sure he harms no one else at the end of the day, it would be mine..."

Karik_Seriously....png

Karik listened to Cadence, his eyes refusing to look up from his prisoner. His hands were still shaking as he gripped onto his axe. This wouldn’t be the last time. Their destination was a long way, and getting back to Versidia would take more than just sitting behind the others and taking the weapons off of enemies. He couldn’t spare everyone he met. There’d come a time where mercy would only lead to his own danger, and maybe even others’.

g8ewicv.png

“Weigh the cost both to themselves, and to those they might be seeking to protect if they lower their weapon... and in that moment, decide whether it is better to express mercy, or exact justice.”

Karik_Seriously....png

“This man… He doesn’t deserve mercy. None of these men do. The things they've done, to me and to the many they have or will cross paths with. Unforgivable."

g8ewicv.png

"But if you don't feel alright making this choice... you don't have to be the one to do it. I suggested it in the first place. If it's anyone's responsibility to make sure he harms no one else at the end of the day, it would be mine..."

Karik looked down at Wakin. He remembered something one of the pirates told the young boy. “C’mon, once you get a taste for blood, you’ll stop being dead weight.” Once you get a taste for blood, it becomes easier. That’s what Agrev meant. Once he did this, perhaps it’d get better.

Karik_Seriously....png

"I won't pass the responsibility off. This is my choice to make.” Something felt different as Karik held onto his axe. The weapon felt just as light as it used to feel, and his arms stopped shaking. Karik raised his mighty axe with both hands, eyes locked to where he must strike. Like an executioner, almost. Karik’s axe fell, hitting its mark.

Karik_Calm.png

“...The deed is done.”

Edited by InnocentBoy

KkPQGBp.png

The scene happened... a lot faster than Rayne could've comprehended. One moment she was protecting a nearly helpless young boy, and the next he was forced to so something so grisly... at such a young age. She, didn't know what to feel really. She just felt entirely empty inside. As she just watched innocence die before her eyes. Maybe the kid wasn't all that innocent, he was stuck with this lot after all, but her ideals just couldn't help but scream at her that his wasn't right.

I became a Pegasus Knight so that this... never had to happen.

She didn't know what to do, how to react... what was even... right? Was there a right way to act in the face of such... such... a horrible fate. He was about the age of one of Rayne's younger sisters... even though she didn't know his exact age... he had to match one of the seven of them. Would they be forced into this one day? Would they forcibly have the sewing needle ripped from their hands and have them replaced with a spear?

At least I chose this... did he even get that? Will they even have the right to choose their own destiny? Or will... will the innocence die in their eyes too...?

Her arms shoke, her legs, her everything. Her entire body was shaking at the sight as she witnessed it. But, she had to shake it off, there was still fighting to be done and she was one of the Royal Guard. This life, it was chosen by her. But, she remembered that day for herself. She remembered what she felt, and what she did every time when she had to consider taking a life.

She walked past nearly tears in her eyes she tried to pass by without saying anything but she couldn't.

"It doesn't get any easier. It only gets harder. Sometimes... even the damned have their blessings. Their families, their friends. Sometimes they take to this life just because they have no other option. Being a hero... isn't about killing. Anyone can do that... it's easy to shut of your emotions and think of others as less than human. That doesn't make you a hero. It's knowing that the people you're fighting no matter how vile they may seem or be... are still human. No matter how rotten they are... they are human and you are decided to... to... take away their most sacred gift. Their life. Death, is a permanent solution, to what can be something that's only temporary. I had to kill and fight to save your life. I didn't put one life out of this world just to have another abuse and misunderstand what it is to take another's. So, never forget what I said... or I'll never forgive you."

It was rather clear with how quickly she turned, she wasn't really in the mood for rebuttal.

Move to M12.

To hear the others' words is alienating; raised as a warrior, he had had little reason throughout his life to give much thought to the passage of life and the taking of it, either for survival or for battle -- which, often, are yoke-partners to the same wagon. When one takes up the weapons of a warrior, be it a sword, an axe, or a bow, they do so knowing the consequences; this is what he had always been told. To become a warrior is to renounce possession of your life and swear it for the protection of your family, your tribe, and others in need of strength. And when you die, Father Sky takes your soul and Mother Earth, your body, and so you are returned from where you came. For this reason, all enemy lives, even those of despicable people, are handled with honor.

There is nothing he can say that will be helpful; one's own attitude towards battle and death can only come about through experience. Two paces distant, he regards the young child's back and his small shoulders sloped with the finality of his own deed, and he knows that the decision of what to make of this can be no other's but his own.

tumblr_og1qiyXXfW1vbmrpfo2_100.png

. . . There are still those who threaten them. And at least for today, he fights in self-defense. Slipping another arrow from the quiver slung across his back, he sets it loosely against the curve of his bow and waits for what will come next.

“...The deed is done.”

g8ewicv.png

"Aye...you did it. Just remember though, killing isn't pretty, but sometimes, there are no reasonable ways around it... there are some conflicts that no matter how hard you try to talk to the other party, work it out without steel, they'll be so set in their own path that they'll eagerly destroy both you and all that you love, if it means furthering that goal of theirs... whether it be feeding their family, trying to make a better life than the one they once knew, serving the interests of their countryman... or for less noble ones like a thirst for greed and power.

I want you to remember that at the end of the day, before the Goddess, all human life is sacred... the fact that sometimes, it must be taken somewhere to preserve it elsewhere is just... a necessary evil.... a reflection of the true nature of man, despite the Goddess's intentions for the path he would walk. The holy guard for example, strives to defend the faith from the wicked and unhinged, those who want to bring chaos and suffering to this world and shatter the peace... but in order for them to defend the innocent, the majority of the time they end up having realistic little choice but to kill the wicked; if they spare them, sometimes they do repent and abandon their black road, 9 times out 10 though, the men and women who chose that road will go right back to it if they're allowed to keep their life... just to go on and threaten innocent lives once again with a vengeance."

KkPQGBp.png

"It doesn't get any easier. It only gets harder. Sometimes... even the damned have their blessings. Their families, their friends. Sometimes they take to this life just because they have no other option. Being a hero... isn't about killing. Anyone can do that... it's easy to shut of your emotions and think of others as less than human. That doesn't make you a hero. It's knowing that the people you're fighting no matter how vile they may seem or be... are still human. No matter how rotten they are... they are human and you are decided to... to... take away their most sacred gift. Their life. Death, is a permanent solution, to what can be something that's only temporary. I had to kill and fight to save your life. I didn't put one life out of this world just to have another abuse and misunderstand what it is to take another's. So, never forget what I said... or I'll never forgive you."

JRu0Bd2.png

The rider had come, spoken, and gone off again before Cade could do much of anything. As she left though, she turned back to the boy.

"She had a point...as I said before, this is never easy unless you're a person who simply lacks their soul, or isn't entirely sane. Remember it for what it is: evil, but sadly necessary. Don't let the idea of it consume you, fill you with a lust for it or a sick glee at watching others fall... because for those who do, that's nothing but an icy slope, covered in oil..." She looked down at the prisoner, and the boy's axe.

"...but I can already tell you're not the type for such depravity. Even despite all the things I imagine this bastard and his friends had done to you during your time together, you didn't draw his death out, didn't butcher him, just made it quick and clean. The only thing I regret is that you had to do it at all at this age, but... if you're going to come with us, it will be a while before we find somewhere safe for you to stay, if the rumors swirling about the place we're sailing are true. There would've been more battles, doubtlessly... and hiding isn't always possible or even practical in the chaos... as much as I hate to say it, I don't think we could've shielded you from this type of situation but for so long...but...if you had to hear it... I figured it better it be told to you now, while we're still facing a threat we know the true magnitude of. It's better if you learned while we were facing a hoard of pirates than while we were facing a gaggle of necromancers and their hoard of undead, or some other unholy abominations..."

Darius_Anstane.png

These raiders...to force a child to kill, to raise him like that...they are utter monsters. They will suffer for that, I'll make sure of it.

Darius looked at Karik and, despite enjoying seeing Wakin squirm and suffer on the deck, his face only showed sympathy for Karik. To be forced to take up arms at such a young age, against his will...Darius himself chose this path in life willingly, and it's not one he would force upon anyone else.

Move to K14 and hold.

Emilee.png

"I'm happy you chose to help us." Emilee said, after running to the other side of the ship next to their new party member, Karik. "As long as you are with us, it's my duty to keep you safe. Please count on me for anything, alright?" Activating her staff she let her light shine over the pirate. "Are your pains gone? Don't work yourself too hard you just started fighting. Oh and I'm Emilee! I almost forgot to introduce myself."She added with a short giggle.

Move to K11 and heal Karik