[OOC / Sign Ups Closed] Lightgivers - Volume 1: A Feeling

anethia

LIGHTGIVERS

Volume 1: A Feeling

"Before the universe as we know it came to be, there existed a force that even now is beyond anyone's true comprehension. Only scattered pieces of knowledge are known about the mysterious phenomenon; the mysterious thing we call Lumen.

Before the universe appeared, Lumen was bountiful. It existed in incomprehensible nothing; and then suddenly, there appeared three Gods.

They were incredible beings of beauty and power - and they fashioned reality itself from an outside view. As personifications of Lumen itself, they possessed unfathomable power. Galaxies and planets were created, life spurting onto a few - such as the planet Vaelia.

Aetas the God of Time, Caelus the God of Space and Rem the God of Matter, fashioned the world. Trees burst from the ground, deserts forming in the west. Mountainous regions came to be in the east, and unforgiving tundras exist in the north. The south was a beautiful place; filled with flowers and meadows. Plenty of grass and fields, clean air and beautiful sights. In its beginnings, Vaelia appeared to be a perfect place for life.

Content with the worlds they had created, the three Gods moved on. But before they left, they dared to try something new. Already animals had begin to flourish and develop. At the time, only twelve major species existed. The Gods chose the strongest and most powerful individual from these twelve species, and gave them fractions of Lumen itself. Bestowed with these powerful gifts, they became nigh immortal and blessed the land. Swearing to protect it as their payment for their powers, they became known as the Coerators.

This is how the world came to be."

- "Vealia's Prime", the oldest known text in Vaelia.

Welcome! This is the Out of Character and Sign Up thread for Lightgivers. Above is a text outlining the basics of the history

of the world, such as how it came to be and key parts. The main parts the text shows is Lumen, the Coerators and the Gods.

Lumen is Vaelia - and the entire universe's - version of magic. It is the essence of what the original Gods are made out of -

in essence, Lumen is the power of Gods. In theory, if one had every bit of Lumen possible, they could make an entirely new reality

or universe like the Gods did. Well, if their mortal forms could handle the influx and instability of their newfound power.

The Coerators are guardians of the world in the Gods absence. Hidden in plain sight, these guardians can create human

disguises - developed ever since the increasing human dominance on the planet Vaelia. They are powerful beings who wield more

Lumen than the average Lightgiver - more on that later. The Coerators and their species are as follows -

Orochi the Snake, Aqui the Falcon, Marius the Orca, Laiak the Otter, Paria the Bat, Li the Dragon,

Paoi the Wolf, Taia the Lynx, Kitus the Deer, Maia the Rabbit, Alba the Polar Bear, Nahta the Fox.

Upon the usage of Lumen, it slowly regenerates over time whilst resting. As such, the Coerators gift fractions of their power onto

humans at a young age. There is no strict system - if a Coerator wishes to give their power, they can. As such, it is subject to their personal

bias and views. Li the Dragon, for example, is reserved with gifting their power and is more partial to those with high social standing

due to their own upbringing and royal status as a dragon. Nahta, on the other hand, favors those with less favorable positions and standings

in society - understanding their unfortunate situations and aiming to give them that little extra help. As they need to regenerate

their Lumen, and how picky some can be, Lumen bearers - known as Lightgivers - aren't as common as you'd initially think.

Lumen itself is mysterious. Existing even before reality as we know it, the embodiment of Lumen - the Gods - left the reality they made to

create more realities and more universes. As such, it can be assumed Lumen wishes to expand - but for unknown reasons. Either way,

Lumen in more tangible forms is much different. Lumen manifests itself in many, near uncountable ways. It often represents a person, and

speaks volumes about them as a person. For the purpose of this roleplay, you would create a type of Lumen that I would then approve - or

ask you to revise it due to any number of reasons, but the most likely being power scaling.

So - that's the world. What about the roleplay itself?

The maximum number of players I'd like for this is twelve, but as for a minimum, I'm not exactly sure.

The system would likely be split up by parts/episodes/volumes,

how many, I'm not sure.

You would play as young Lightgivers, brought into a system - something like a school, but not quite.

More like a camp for gifted young Lightgivers to hone their skills, overseen by a band of master Lightgivers

who would monitor your training, protect you and help you. Upon being deemed ready, the collective

twelve of you would be sent off to the south of the world.

Why the south, a bountiful place?

War has torn the place apart. Greed for the beauty and bountiful harvest the south gave us, we took more and more.

Monsters swarmed in - stray Lumen grabbed by malevolent forces. In truth, no human knows where they came from. Only that,

like the Gods, they are incarnations of Lumen itself. The difference, however, is that these monsters have physical forms and are not

as powerful as Gods, making them significantly easier to kill. Training to fight off those, and bring an end to the war tearing our world apart.

Lightgivers shall once more intervene and break the darkness with their courage.

Once more, you ask? Has it happened before? Why, yes.

Many years ago, greed struck the heart of a woman. Infatuated with the spoils of war and power over others, she encouraged an uprising

against the Coerators themselves, coming dangerously close to slaying Maia the Rabbit. All out war between mortals and those who sided

with the Coerators began, ravishing the world. We swore to never repeat our mistakes, and yet in the present a group of Lightgivers have motives that are unclear, yet involve the south. Add this to the war between factions for resources, and then the monsters swarming in...

A dark age is coming.

We have but one hope.

Strike the match, light the flame.

A spark turns into a raging inferno.

Lightgivers,

our lives are in your hands.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, I did just copy the entire Interest Check OP. No, I am not sorry.

Lightgivers will be a five part roleplay (subject to change at a later date) categorized into volumes. The first of which is Volume 1: A Feeling.

Below are the approved characters, their profiles and the players of them.

Cindy Higimidan - Dobby

Character Name: Cindy Higimidan

Appearance: Short, a round five foot in height, quite thin and skinny, she has very soft, pale skin and bags under dark blue eyes. She can be typically seen wearing light sundresses in soft pastel colours when she can afford to. Cindy also has light blonde hair held in a ponytail.

Backstory: Cindy lived in the eastern region of Medulla, near to the border to Aurora. She lived in a trade city that was situated between Aurora and Medulla and so her life was quite bustling. She lived as the younger child in a family of four. Her father, step-father and older brother and this was fine with her, her mother had apparently left after she had been born after finding out about her fathers affair. They owned a pottery studio in this city of commerce and lived quite a nice lifestyle selling their ceramics. As she grew up, all three of the men she lived with doted upon her as their little princess. This led to a charming childhood that she has always treasured but... as she grew up she was kept away from helping run the store. She was clumsy with the inventory and, no matter how much she insisted otherwise, her family knew that the customers scared her a little with their haggling. She did show some promise in the art of creating the pottery however and she was taught by her step-father in this.

Cindy spent her free time exploring the safe parts of the city, talking to the citizens who she came to know. Everyone treated her nicely though she couldn't really say she had any really close friends, even at school.

After a time business really picked up for her family. They had a good reputation throughout the city and more business kept Cindy's family busy, although they stubbornly refused to let her do any more work. Her days grew lonelier in a lot of ways and Cindy found herself longing for someone else as she even lost her time with her step-father, what would having a mother or a sister be like? In her lonelier moments Cindy liked to imagine she felt another slim, feminine hand entwined with hers, warm and comforting.

When she was fourteen she felt that sensation during one lonely night, she fell asleep holding the phantom hand. When she awoke, she found that the phantom was ephemeral no more. She had awoken her Lumen.

Now, against her families concerned protests she is going off to learn how to use that Lumen and specifically how she can use it to help people and maybe make some new friends, or so she hopes.

Personality: Cindy is quite a skittish, almost ditsy person. She grew up inadvertently grew up without actually doing hard work and that shows in her approaches to real-life problems. She tends to shy away from work now due to her families treatment of her. On the flip-side she is also quite obedient, always listening to her fathers now to go anywhere dangerous and only to talk to people she knew etc. In general she's quite good natured and when she warms up to you friendly. She is however easily embarrassed, not very quick of wit no matter how much she might wish she was. She's prone to idolising strong women in her life and wishes with an almost jealous fervour to be like them.

Lumen: Cindy can create from her Lumen up to four floating hands, cut off from the wrist. They look about the same size as a human woman's hand and are gold coloured. Whilst warm to the touch they feel like stone, not particularly dense. They are quite nimble and can move independent of Cindy's control, much to her chagrin as they show a semblance of a pseudo personality that is very protective of Cindy and bold in how they go about protecting her, they seem to have a connection to Cyndi's subconscious as they are capable of reacting to her thoughts and feelings and are also capable of learning anything she has studied, such as word-working or fletching. She can exert control over them herself but this costs her a small amount of Lumen to establish a bond and send commands. Aside from moving around and, uh, existing they don't do anything else. They might have simple patterns on them as Cindy occasionally spends her time customising them.

Weapon of Choice: Cindy's weapon of choice is a simple wooden short-bow with iron tipped arrows.

In order to sign up, please fill out the following sheet:

Character Name: (Self-explanatory, no real naming conventions are present in Vaelia).

Age: (Again, self-explanatory. The age range is 16-18, no more, no less. Somewhat strict I am aware but the plot wouldn't work if you were below or outside that).

Gender: (What the character identifies as - i.e. male, female, non binary et.c.).

Appearance: (Face-claims are allowed, as are written descriptions. Detail encouraged, but we don't need an atom by atom description of your character).

Backstory: (Your history living in Vaelia - there are five major continents. One in each direction of the compass, and one in the near center of them all. The characters are present in the center continent named Medulla, Aquilo, Aurora, Auster and Occasus. In the same order, they are the middlemost, northernmost, easternmost, southernmost and westernmost continents. For a refresher, to summarize the conditions of the land in each of these would be as follows. Medulla is a land of gathering and prosperity - it's where big name schools are, big cities and where events are held. A gathering point. Aquilo is the frozen unforgiving tundra lands. It is named Aquilo in respect to Coerator Aqui the Falcon - who managed to repel a frightening blizzard that would end all life through use of his Lumen... and wings. Lots of flapping was involved. Aurora is a mix of mountainous regions and forests - a serene place. Auster is the land gone wrong - where the war is happening and what was once a bountiful place. Occasus - which can fittingly mean 'death' - is largely a sandy desert, home of Orochi the Snake).

Personality: (Self-explanatory, remember that Lumen and personalities are closely intertwined. An example of personality and Lumen being intertwined is given after this form).

Lumen: (Your iteration of Lumen. Keep it sane and related in some way to your personality please. More on that below).

Weapon of Choice: (You get a weapon! It's literally that simple. Describe it in as much detail as you wish).

I've went on and on about how personality and Lumen are interconnected and explained it as best I can - but when words fail me, examples reign supreme.

A character that will be integral to Volume 1 is the character named Sylva. Allow me to now explain her Lumen, and how this interlinks with her personality. Note that how it links with her personality doesn't mean that her entire personality is a product of her Lumen or vice versa. There's more to her than what I am about to write down and share with you.

Sylva's Lumen is called 'Matius'. Lumen itself doesn't have specific names, Sylva just calls her Lumen 'Matius'. Her Lumen allows her to disassemble any given object in any form - such as dissipating gas or breaking apart solids. "But Shiri!" You cry out. "That's fucking busted!"

Yes, you're correct. Her Lumen is very strong - but every Lumen has drawbacks and conditions. Her Lumen allows her to disassemble and repair things - in other words, things she disassembles can be put back together. She also can not affect living things with her powers - in other words, she can't break apart a human momentarily. She can not fix together broken things that were not broken by Matius, and can not fix them if she doesn't have all the matter that the original copy was made of. After breaking something, she can put it back together at any time she wishes - up until a cap. Small things - such as, say, an arrow fired at her - can be reformed as late as a minute. Bigger things she can hold only for five seconds. It takes a conscious effort to keep things apart - as such, if you knock her out, it'll reassemble.

How this links in to her personality you may have guessed. Sylva is a perfectionist at heart - she excels at making sure the little details are all in place, and as such can get caught up in them. She likes everything to be in its place, and enjoys analyzing things - approaching any problem with an analytical mindset. Matius lends itself to this, as it lets her pick apart things to better analyze them. This is an example of how Lumen and personalities are interlinked.

Will your Lumen be as strong as Sylva's? No. Sylva has had years upon YEARS of experience, and is a fully certified Lightgiver. You, the players, are novices and trainees. Your Lumen can be powerful, yes, but just keep that in mind.

HOW DOES LUMEN WORK?

I felt that this deserved it's own section - a bit more of a detailed look at my current plans and stance on Lumen.

Lumen is an essence that exists within Lightgivers, Coerators and the Gods. It is the power of Gods.

Lumen manifests itself in many different ways. Two people having the exact same type of Lumen is incredibly rare; some experts

doubt it can even happen. Lumen seems to be somewhat aware of its surroundings, almost sentient and yet not. Flexible, and unpredictable.

Every Lightgiver has their type of Lumen. For example, one Lightgiver may have fire based Lumen, in that it allows the conjuring and

manipulation of fire in all its forms. Others may be much more specific; for example, another type of Lumen you will encounter is super strength.

Experts are beginning to theorize about the Lumen matching up with the persons personality - the study is difficult and vague, but it appears to be on the right track. The quantity of Lumen in any Lightgiver varies. Some simply have more than others. Some question how fair this makes the Coerators; but every blessing can be a curse. Those who have much more Lumen are at risk. They cannot hide this Lumen as easily, they cannot control it nearly as well and it can leave them exposed if it gets out of hand. Those with less Lumen can have less overall power; not to say they're weak, just that it's not going to be as much as someone with more Lumen. In other words, it's usually enough. No matter the quantity of Lumen, upon being used it will gradually regenerate overtime as long as it is not used for anything more than simple tasks.

To give you a more outsiders perspective on Lumen, it's pretty much magic. It manifests in many different forms that vary per person.

As such, it's up to you (the players) to create your own type of Lumen under my guidance when the time comes. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

THE RULES

As you expected, this roleplay has rules and guidelines and I'd appreciate if they were followed. Minor things will be asked to change and shrugged off. Bigger infractions will have a 'three strikes and your out' type deal. You won't literally be removed though.

1. Typical roleplay courtesy is expected. This means no bunnying without CLEAR consent, and only in minor forms, no godmodding, et cetera.

2. This ties in to roleplay courtesy but... please. Don't be a dick to me the host, or any of your fellow roleplayers.

3. Don't hog opportunities. I know lots of things may seem enticing but let other people have experiences and such too!

4. Keep violence and sexual content from PG-13 to Low R. Sexual content is discouraged, and will be allowed only in vague implications and nowhere near explicit content. Violence is things like blood and such. MINOR gore may be allowed, but I may ask you to change it.

5. Big changes that come from YOU, the player, MUST BE DISCUSSED with whomever it concerns. If you have a plan - like, say, character death - that would heavily affect the roleplay or another character, you MUST discuss it with them first and get approval. This is non-negotiable.

6. If you sign up, please be active. I don't mean for you to have 6 posts per hour or anything silly! People have real plans. But don't just drop off the face of the Earth - or, well, the roleplay. I've done it to others in the past and had it done to me. I regret doing it and hated going through roleplays where it happened. I genuinely wish I'd apologized to everyone I did it to.

7. Quality over quantity. Don't feel pressured to match my or others post lengths. Don't fill up your post with a 6-line description of how good the air your breathing is just to make it seem big and good.

8. Remember to take initiative! Obviously as stated major things must be ran through me or other players, but don't be afraid to suggest things or try subplots or to advance the story a little bit.

9. Tying into rule #4, cursing and such is allowed. Adult themes like drinking and such are also allowed. Keep it light though. As in, no swearing every sentence. That ain't PG-13.

10. Try to enjoy yourself; and don't hesitate to voice concerns to me!

Edited by Anethia

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see this is up.

Character Sheet:

Character Name: Jev'ona Lekoniska

Appearance: In his Human form, he defaults to being roughly two meters tall and having blue eyes, short brown hair, light tan skin, and bushy eyebrows. He also has a small red birthmark on his left arm in the shape of a spiral.

Backstory:

Jev'ona's parents were middle-class people, with his father being a doctor and his mother being a zoologist, and both of them lived in a forest in Eastern Medulla. Even from a young age, he felt a connection with nature, often spending time around a small river that ran through their backyard. This is how he ended up first being encountered by Laiak, the Coerator who would end up giving him Lumen. Their first encounter showed Laiak how much Jev cared for nature, with the then thirteen-year-old boy risking his life and ruining his clothing to rescue a bobcat kitten from where it was stranded in the middle of the river in their backyard. Sure, he might've received a few scratches from the kitten when it initially panicked in the process, but he was successful in relocating the kitten to the other side of the waterway in the process.

A series of several other incidents over the course of the next year gave Laiak a further understanding of the boy, which was positive enough to make the Coerator decide that Jev was worthy of wielding Lumen. So, the otter set a series of events in motion that would give the boy Lumen. Laiak started off by creating two metallic bars and then infusing them with some Lumen, making sure to remember the signature of the lumen used. Then, he strung the bars together with some string, and brought the apparatus he'd made over to the river. Then, he intentionally tangled himself up in it, stuck the bars partway into the ground, and waited, making a fake distress signal once he noticed Jev come out of the house. It was enough to catch the boy's attention, and the guy quickly hurried over to the side of the otter, not suspecting that it was Laiak. In order to make it seem real, Laiak pretended to struggle in an attempt to get out, and Jev did what he would normally do in a situation like this: try to calm down the animal so that he'd have an easier time untangling it from the string. He ended up being successful, even removing the strings from the bar in the process to make his job even easier. However, he was caught off-guard when Laiak didn't run away, but instead pulled the bars up from the ground and placed his front paw on the young man's leg, gifting him with some Lumen that had the signature he'd made sure to remember. The boy felt a small warmth spreading through him for a few seconds, and started to panic a little, but it was then that Laiak took his paw off of the Jev's leg, and placed the two metallic bars in front of the boy, and then walked off into the river, disappearing by quickly swimming downstream. Jev was a little confused at this turn of events, but ended up taking the metal bars home with him, keeping them on his person at all times from that day forwards.
A few months later, Jev was feeling a bit bold, and decided to go climbing one of the cliffs on a nearby mountain. What he didn't expect to do, however, is discover what powers that he'd gained from his encounter with Laiak. He'd successfully gotten to the summit of the mountain, and was descending on one of the cliff-faces, when he lost his grip and started falling. Panicking, he wildly grabbed outwards, and grabbed onto a new handhold. What happened next surprised him, and showed him that he'd unlocked something new. When he looked at his arm, he saw that not only was it about half as thick as it normally was, it was also twice as long. Stunned by this new development, he just hung there for a few seconds processing what had just happened. As he did so, he was struck with an idea: what if he tried something else? To see what happened, the boy closed his eyes and imagined his legs stretching down to the ground. When he opened his eyes again, he saw that his thoughts had indeed translated over to reality, as he was now firmly planted on solid ground, his feet at the base of the cliff. Intrigued, he tried moving a nearby rock with his mind, and was met with utter failure. Rolling his eyes and letting go of the cliff, he imagined himself returning to his normal shape, and was met with himself changing to fit that mental image. However, as he did so, he noticed that the bar on the right side of his hip changed shape in sync with his left arm. Now fully intrigued, he imagined his right arm oscillating between longer and shorter than normal, and saw that the bar on the left side of his hip changed shape in sync with his right arm. Stopping his experimentation, he decided to do further testing and honing of this newfound power at a later point, heading home because it was starting to get dark.
Fast-forward to now, and he's going to the Lightbringer Camp in Medulla to learn how to properly hone his skills in a place that is conducive to his learning of Lumen manipulation, much to his parents' chagrin. Their annoyance is thanks to the negative views of Lightbringers in society.

Personality: He's a highly adaptable fellow, and tries his best to roll with whatever life throws at him. He's optimistic, inquisitive, and semi-naïve, but also highly intelligent at the same time. However, he sometimes jumps to conclusions that can be wrong, and he can get a bit caught up in his emotions at times.

Lumen: Shapeshifting. He can change his body into whatever form he desires, so long as he keeps his mass constant. That means that if he wants to go smaller, he'll have to increase his overall density proportionally, and the opposite is true for going larger. Additionally, he has to be conscious in order to maintain his shape. If knocked out, he'll ooze back into his default human form. He also must keep his eye color the same as his human form if the form he takes on has eyes. (Additionally, if his form doesn't have eyes, then he'll be blind. He figured that one out the hard way...) Those limitations are immutable, as they are an integral part of what his Lumen is. The next parts can only be overcome with lots of training. If whatever form he takes on has genders based on the individual, he's forced into being a male of that species. Furthermore, he's guaranteed to have his birthmark pattern somewhere on him, which is further guaranteed to be in the same location if the general shape of the form he's currently got can be topologically deformed into something humanoid. He can make his clothing change shape with him if he so desires, as a small perk. While he does have a decent supply of Lumen to work with, it's not unlimited, and if he runs out of Lumen to use, he's stuck in the form he's got until he regenerates enough or goes unconscious, whichever comes first. At the moment, he can only mimic carbon-based materials, though this may change with enough training.

Weapon of Choice: He generally prefers to use a pair of metallic batons that are forearm-length for him, no matter what form he takes on thanks to being infused with the same Lumen that he controls. They were a gift to him from the Coerator that gave him his power, and they automatically change size and density along with him when he changes shape.

Edited by K_H

Character Name: Hassar, Ghost of the Steppes

Appearance: A young man with wide, green eyes and long black hair with soft silver bells tied into it. His skin is a dark tan from so long spent outdoors, and he is wiry but well musceled. He dresses in light leather and fur armor, with tribalist robes over it when not in combat. He also wears a gray-green mottled cloak and a pack in the same colors when riding or when stealth is necessary. All of his clothing appears to be natural and handmade. His horse is chestnut brown, named Swift.

Personality:

Hassar doesn’t talk much. Having grown up in the forests, mountains and plains of southern Aurora, he never really needed to.

He is a strong believer that every natural thing in the world has a conscious - and this includes Lumen. He often feels more at home within nature than with other people. The consciousness of plants and animals interest him so much more, as they don’t have the petty schemes for power and riches that humans do. He connects with them on a spiritual level, and can tell from body language what certain animals want him to know, especially wolves.

A great and avid hunter, he strives for peace between man and nature, and only takes what he needs from his hunts, while also wasting nothing. Due to his time in the forests, he is also a great tracker and can find pretty much anyone if he has seen the tracks before. He regrets to take the lives of animals and plants but knows he must do so to survive, and often says a short ritual under his breath before or after killing. Human lives, he regrets taking far less. He understands plants and their uses, medically as well as practically. He is fiercely loyal to those allied with him, but only if he believes they are worthy of it.

He often spends his days in the woods, away from people with his Pack and meditates there to gather a feeling of closeness with his Lumen.

As such, he is a bit socially awkward and tries to distance himself from the ways of men, believing that they only get close because they want something from him.

Backstory:

A tragic accident left Hassar stranded in the forests of Aurora at the age of seven. He quickly learned that it was either learn how to survive, or resign himself to death. Choosing to survive, he quickly learned how to gather food and water good enough to drink.

After months of living this way, he happened upon a wolf pack tearing into a dead merchant on an old, long forgotten road. Being as silent as he could, he made his way into the merchant's carriage and stole the food within. He ate good that night, and fed the wolves as well, who accepted him as one of their own because he did not fear them. The only thing of worth the merchant had other than food was a set of knives and matching daggers, made of a dark black, glassy substance that he later learned to be obsidian.

One day, the Pack came across a lynx lying injured in the center of their forest. The other wolves seemed to want to kill it, but Hassar held them back. He saw that the it had a broken leg, and within the month he had it fully recovered, and it stayed with the Pack. Little did he know that the lynx was actually Taia, the Corerator, and for his kindness and loyalty he was granted the power of the forest. His knives would no longer miss, as plants would grow or dissolve to guide their course. He more easily found the herbs needed to heal himself and the pack, even without looking for them. Natural shelters seemed to craft themselves whenever he tired. Noticing these odd things starting to happen, he turned to the lynx, (who he later learned from legends to be Taia) but she was no longer there. It took years for him to learn how to fully control these abilities, as he did so on his own, and in all that time he searched for the lynx to give thanks. He never found her.

Rumors soon spread of the Ghost of the Steppes who lived in the forests of Aurora, and many came to find him. He let them search, uncaring, as he had no intention of leaving his forest to only serve their selfish ambitions. One even left their horse behind in their fit of rage at going out there for nothing. This was how he met Swift. Swift was a brown chestnut mare, and the Pack had wanted to tear into her as they had to the first merchant so long ago. Hassar could see the sadness in her eyes however, and explained to the Pack the situation and how it could aid them, in his own, roundabout way. Eventually the horse was given a shelter of it’s own and contributed to the Pack by allowing Hassar to keep up with the wolves in full sprint.

Not long after the appearance of Swift, a battle began raging near the forest in which they dwelled, and Hassar left to see why. In his scouting, he was very close to being discovered by a well built man in a blue tunic, and he drew a knife and impaled him through the leg. Upon descending from the tree he was hidden in, he questioned the man (from out of his line of sight) about the battle and soon learned that it was part of the war between humans and monsters over Lumen. Not quite understanding, he observed the battle from up higher, and noticed that the humans were indeed fighting things that he had never seen before. The man explained to him that there was a resistance growing in the south, and if he was to help he must go now.

Having guessed that Lumen was the power that the lynx had granted him, and still in her debt, he and Swift rode through the forests, south, with the Pack at their heels. He wanted to do this to both protect her and continue to train his abilities. On his way, he took on the traditions of a plains-people that respected and worshipped wolves by tying a small silver bell, of his own craft, in his hair for each monster that he killed. For every fiftieth, the bells would be removed and replaced with a single golden one. The bells would make no noise unless he wished them to, due to the living nature of the plants within them.

Lumen: Hassar can grow and revert plantlife at will, which allows for a variety of effects, from healing to fighting to protection, and so on, at the price of some of his lumen. Growing life that takes longer amounts of time to reach where he wants them to be expends more lumen, and as such, growing something such as mahogany tree to it’s full height will exhaust him. Most plants tend to connect to his subconscious directly for their first few minutes of existence, and will afflict him with phantom pains when they are harmed, especially through the use of something such as fire.

Weapon of Choice: Obsidian Daggers and Knives used both for close and long range fighting. He can coat them in a variety of natural based poisons, from paralyzing, to killing or just to instill fear in whoever is struck, etc. that he obtains through secretions from various plantlife and animal parts.

Edited by DragonMasterKrim

Character Name: Haruki Kita

Appearance: Notably shorter than average with a fairly slim build. He's rather androgynous in appearance, and his relative fondness for bright and flamboyant clothing only adds to this impression. His hair is a bit under shoulder length, and the color actually varies from day to day based on a small application of his Lumen. His eyes vary similarly, though less often due to requiring more focus to adjust without inadvertently blinding himself temporarily. He claims not to remember the original color of either, and they'll stay modified when he sleeps. (If he was knocked out, they'd revert, though.) Haruki looks younger than he actually is to most people.

Backstory: Haruki was born in Occasus seventeen years ago, to a family in rather unfortunate circumstances. What these exact circumstances were, he does not recall; he remembers little of his parents (or at least claims such) and only refers to them as "terribly boring" or similar when asked - him and his sister Kimiko have lived in an orphanage for most of their lives. A certain fox saw this situation and decided to gift Haruki with Lumen to help him along when he came of age. His misfortune, however, seemed to continue rather than abate after this fact; the signs of his gift were recognized fairly quickly by some less than scrupulous individuals in the city. The place was quite technologically driven; this resulted in a dangerous blend of disrespect and mistrust of Lightgivers and a strong curiosity about how, exactly, the mysterious phenomenon worked.

He was whisked off to a private facility where said individuals decided to investigate what exactly went on with Lumen and how it worked, with little regard given to things like Haruki's physical and mental state after their experiments concluded. He doesn't really like to talk about what, exactly, happened to him during those years, but the society's bias against Lightgivers didn't do much to alleviate his situation, to put it gently; this time is another thing referred to as "totally lame" or similar. Fortunately, however, he did manage to extricate himself from this situation (something about a "death ray" convincing the experimenters that keeping him around was a bad idea) and happened to run across a recruiter, searching for talented young Lightgivers to train up for greater purposes. . .

Personality: Haruki is actually quite cheery and almost absentminded, prone to wandering physically, mentally, and conversationally. He has a sharp intellect, almost intimidatingly so, though it can be difficult to tell due to his near inability to stay on one topic. He is quite curious and prone to asking questions, and has an excellent memory for the answers to these questions and more; it's getting him to actually apply this that's the difficult part. Haruki doesn't like to sit and ponder dilemmas; he'll tend to just follow his gut, doing what he feels to be right.

Lumen: He possesses an ability some would call light manipulation. The nuance is a bit more narrow than that; he can control the reflectivity and refractivity of anything that's within about an inch or two of him, including parts of his own body. For example, he can take a plain sheet of paper and use it as a perfect mirror, or spend a bit more time focusing on it to do more complex tricks like forming images on a surface or projecting them with a lens.

Weapon of Choice: More of a tool to assist using his power, he carries around a few "lenses" that are just circular pieces of glass. He usually uses his powers to misdirect, harass, or annoy any opponents when it comes to physical combat, but can focus light sources onto a target - a potent ability when outdoor.

Character Name: Rame Nero

Appearance: A lean and toned girl with a complexion so pale it's almost translucent, standing approximately 5'6" and 52Kg. An unkempt mop of hair whiter than virgin snow frames her face and extends down her shoulders. Her eyes are a deep scarlet that seem to glint under certain lighting, and burn with bright radiance when she uses her lumen. Her heart shaped face is marked by a straight, roman nose, and within her chest pulsates an ever present light, it's scarlet radiance easily visible through her skin. A series of circular scars run around the circumference of both her wrists, looking much like where some type of restraints once bit into the skin...

Backstory:

Born and raised in Aquillo, the youngest of six children. For generations, Rame's family had been hunters and trappers of the tundra, subsisting on whatever they could bring down or forage in the bitter cold, seldom relying on anything other than their own wits and ingenuity to get by. Such was simply the way of things for them, in the ever present grip of winter- either one learned self-sufficiency, or you perished. Some folk stuck to the towns and villages, ate processed food and relied on stores for their next meal, relied on trade with outsiders born in warmer lands to keep going, but not the Nero clan.
True to her family's tradition, Rame grew up learning to live off the land around her; every hunt, foraging, hike, hours upon waking hours out in the cold all meant to teach her how to survive. And through it all, constantly enduring the ire and wrath of 3 elder sisters, told it was her fault and her fault alone their mother was gone, that she was vile by her very nature...whenever they weren't busy competing with one another to try and prove which of them was truly the best child, the golden girl, they were busy making sure Rame knew and felt just how little she was worth in their household. She should've been left to die in the snow, they said, not only a mother killer, but an Albino too, a walking bad omen from head to toe...
Regardless though, the contemptuous venom of her sisters aside, there was one thing that dominated Rame's childhood more than anything else in truth...Fire, fire and the affection her brother's showed her, teaching her of the forge, of the importance of heat and light, telling her folklore of old and tales of caution. Yes, for the hearth was king, even in her miserable, divided household; her sisters despising her, her father unreadable and honestly indifferent to her, and her two brothers left to try and give her the affection she found nigh impossible to get from anyone else...
And it was not surprising. For, the Hearth was the center of life, in the tundra lands, so utterly devoid of heat and warmth, only the blazing of glorious flames allowed men to eek out whatever existence they could without freezing solid in their graves by morning....the flames were what allowed her elder brothers to forge metal and create what they needed to survive...the flames kept the predators of the snow waste weary and distant from their home and gave them peace from the hunt...
Perhaps the only thing that even comes close to those memories though, sitting and working by the fires, are the songs and tales she learned from her brothers, the long standing words of the dead she committed to heart. For words had power, history had power, and to forget that power would doom oneself to repeat it's mistakes. And eventually, like her quarrelsome sisters before her, Rame eventually came of age to put the power of word to music, gathering wood, carving her own instruments, trying and failing time and time again with guidance from her brother until she finally managed to make something playable...
The final mandolin design she finally settled was...still rough, but the two encouraged her to keep trying at it any way... and much to her own surprise, weaving sound was as natural as walking and breathing to her as she started learning how to play. So much so she easily put her sisters to shame; to think, the youngest of them, the smallest and weakest, the hated little mother slayer, the fucking albino who should've froze to death out in the snow... she was actually besting them in something...
it was outrageous, even unfathomable for her eldest sister, Chara. Chara the strongest, Chara the prettiest, Chara the smartest... the golden girl, the best child... not only outdone, but beaten by lowest rat of their damn household... but the gods, it had to be madness.
But her ire on that day... was nothing compared to when Rame terrified them all by making the flames of the hearth leap and bay like snarling dogs with a mere shout. Her prodigal skill with music was one thing... barely tolerable on it's own. But this... this sudden display of power, of authority over the most important thing to life in the Snow Wastes, an obvious manifestation of lumen... it was another thing entirely.

Illium and Mikah's turned a bit skittish, began to fear her, their venom a bit weaker; Chara though... chara only deepened in her contempt. And her bark and bite only grew fiercer...

Things naturally took a turn for the worse from then on, Rame knowing she was too young and weak to stand up to all three of them physically, but taking every opportunity she could to strike back in subtle vengeance for all those years leading up to it, her sisters finding various possessions burned when they came back from chores, clothing singed with holes, cooking fires smothering themselves without explanation or refusing to light altogether, or sometimes leaping up and threatening to consume the girl's whole. And the other three in turn, led by chara, only increased their persecution of their youngest sibling. As tempers continued to flare, quarrels growing ever more frequent and volatile, the house soon found itself even more divided than ever before; Rame and her older brothers, both themselves having been subject to Chara's ire when they were younger, against the three eldest sisters, as their father watched in growing frustration at the quarrelsome nature of his children... and the absence of his wife who had once done so much better at managing them than he ever could've...

But then, everything changed on that one, dreadful day out in the Snow Waste. Left with dwindling food after a particularly bad few weeks of heavier snowfall than usual, sent out to hunt and forage with Chara in the lead, it was inevitable something would happen... but no one quite expected the true extent of just...what.

Four left home that morning, by that evening, only two returned. "Rame's gone crazy," they said... though beyond than that, their father and brothers couldn't get much else... but soon enough, they found her, sitting there among the scorched earth and melted snow... the cinders of what had once been her sister beside her. She didn't run, she didn't talk, just stayed there... but she didn't have to explain anything, her sisters were all but too willing to give their own version; Rame had stolen Chara's kill, and when she'd confronted her, Rame snapped and burned her. The girl didn't bother speaking up in her defense, despite her brother's attempts to rouse her, just looked off into the distance as if none of them were there at all... and with her silence, the side her sister's spun was the only one there was.

Her father wanted to abide by the old ways... a life for a life, that was the only acceptable penalty for murder, especially among blood. Her brothers however, were nowhere near so inclined to simply accept the shit flowing from their mouths, not at face value, not with Chara's long running penchant for dominance and cruelty and how she'd bullied all of em since they were tots, there had to be something more here... and Even if they couldn't get Rame to talk, they stood for her regardless, and the two tried managed to convince the old man that one daughter in the grave was enough already... there was no point losing another as well out of his fury. And when that failed, they both threatened to forfeit their inheritance...and tradition proved a double-edged sword for the old man. If both his sons left, the line of patriarchy that had overseen their clan since the beginning would be broken...tradition held that the oldest son inherited the land and holdings of the family, and all other children were sent out of the home to find spouses of their own to live with once they came of a certain age... tradition had governed their bloodline since the days of old, and he would be the one who broke it and brought the beginning of the end. Reluctantly... he let the girl live.

But just because she would be spared, didn't mean their father intended to keep a murderer in his household...

Oh no, nooooo... he could not kill her.... but what he could do, was send her far from this place she'd called home all her life. Ship her off to be used in whatever this war to the far south was that he heard so many rumors about. Her brothers of course protested, but it was father's time to hold them to the wick- there was no avoiding some type of justice, even if execution was out of the question. It was either this fate, or he could drag her to the nearest port and turn her over to the authorities there with proof of what she'd done...

With the options of either letting her go to some War or spend the rest of her life in Incarceration for an act she was probably justified for, there was little her brothers could say to sway the matter any further...

at least in the south, she could start over again...

hopefully.
Personality:

Rame is, quite simply put, the product of her environment and her folk. Pragmatic, stubborn, unflinching...tempered by the blistering cold, steady as the frozen mountains, just like the stock she was cut from. No matter the obstacle, the trial, the tribulation, just as her ancestors before her, she will endeavor and endure, adapt and survive. Either whatever stands in her way will break first, or she will... there is no middle ground.
That said, she can also be... quite...volatile when sufficiently provoked, lashing out in retaliation with little thought or care for the harm or collateral damage inflicted; so long as she satisfies her thirst for vengeance on that which provoked her to begin with; needless to say, her control over her emotions and impulses are less than up to par, and given her life with her sisters was a constant battle, she is quick to react with hostility to anything she perceives as a personal slight, and just as quick to quarrel with those who act in the same haughty, conceited nature she grew so used to dealing with, and She seems to have an especially powerful contempt of those arrogant enough to boast of their prowess, but utterly fail to back up their words when it comes time to walk the walk.
Regardless though, having spent the better parts of her childhood around a flame, either that of the hearth or helping her brother in the forge, she holds a deep appreciation for fire and the gift of light, warmth and comfort in can provide, and was taught early on to also respect how easily it can harm and destroy if trifled with. Music is her favorite pastime, with the innate skill of Absolute Pitch allowing her to understand it's intricacies far easier than the average person. Further, given she learned the art mostly through listening to old songs and tales from times of old as a child, she holds great reverence for the history and folklore of her people and of the Coerator Aquil.

Lumen:
Braith

Rame's lumen manifest itself in the form of Braith; an ethereal, ever burning flame residing in her chest cavity. Essentially sentient, Braith has a mind and will of it's own, and is able to act fully autonomously of Rame if it deems it necessary, though for the most part, the two are so closely bound together that they literally cannot survive without the other; should Rame die, Braith will flicker and go out, and should Braith somehow be extinguished, so too will Rame's life be snuffed out. To prevent this, Braith goes to great lengths to ensure both his self-preservation and that of Rame, allowing her to draw on his strength both actively and passively; While she has a considerably large reserve and can access most of it, about 1/4 of her lumen at any time is reserved exclusively for maintaining Braith and the passive effects his presence provides.
In terms of passive skills, Rame's body temperature is much higher than that of the ordinary human, and while she can raise or lower it at will by concentrating, it's not uncommon for it to fluctuate on it's own according to emotional state as well. In addition to an elevated core temperature, Rame's body also possesses an innate thermal resistance, protecting her from hot and cold and thus her own fires as well. In addition, her usable lumen reserves seem to regenerate slightly faster when in the presence of natural fires, largely due to Braith drawing in the latent energy and converting it to that which he can use.
It is in terms of active skills where Braith's influence truly shines though. Put in technical terms, Braith allows for the artificial creation, manipulation, and sustaining of flames through the conversion of sonic energy intentionally produced by Rame, mainly by taking the latent energy already present in her sound and using it to propogate himself into the outside world. Put in laymen's terms, one might think of the basic concept as a printing press; Braith represents the many different texts to be printed, Rame represents the press operator, her usable Lumen supply represents the press itself, and the Sound and music she makes is essentially the ink. So long as the Printer (her lumen supply) is intact, and there is Ink (sound) being provided by the press operator (Rame), the printed materials (Braith) can be made to various specifications.
Keeping with the press analogy, just as the quality and other aspects of the ink affect the resulting print, various aspects of the sound rame provides affect the properties of Braith's propagations made from her abilities, such as the pitch, tempo, resonance, etc affecting the speed, intensity, and ease of control over the fire. A general rule of thumb is that the more Rhythmic the sound, the higher quality of an "ink" it will make, and thus the better quality of a "Print" or Flame it will provide. as a direct result, Musically inclined acts such as singing, chanting, playing instruments, etc prove to be the most effective method of allowing Braith to propagate. simpler, less rhythmical means such as shouting, casually talking, clapping, stomping, etc. meanwhile, are still capable of being used, but often will result in less intense, shorter lived propagations in comparison to those wrought of music, due to lacking in rhythm, and by extension creating lower quality sounds.
The finer points of the control Rame has over Braith's Propagations is mainly determined by the frequency and tempo of the sounds used to make them, with her emotional state having some degree of factor as well, though contributing only about half as much. Low pitched, Slower Paced sounds and calmer emotions will create propagations that are weaker in comparison to higher ones, but are far more controllable and cost less Lumen to sustain, making them well suited for tasks such as forming constructs, branding scripts and symbols into surfaces, creating light spectacles, etc. High Pitched, Fasted paced sounds and more aggressive dispositions meanwhile will create Propagations of considerably greater power, but at the cost of being less controllable and costing more Lumen to use them, making them suited for overtly destructive such as infernal storms of dancing chaos, explosive blooms, and raw blasts and bursts of flames. Moderate, carefully balanced sounds that hit the middle ground between these two will naturally have a certain degree of both raw power and control, at a moderate lumen cost, however they require special care to keep them from shifting too far to one end of the spectrum or another.
Her propagation technique is not limited to simply affecting her own flames though, as it can also affect natural fires up to a medium size by propagating a flame into the heart of the blaze and establishing a foothold for control, though given the nature of this process requiring there be a foothold to latch onto, she is unable to do the same feat of seizing command over Fires directly wielded by fellow lightgivers as there is already explicit willpower and intention driving them toward a goal.

While the basics of how Rame is affected by Braith's passive presence, and how she controls his active presence, remain largely the same across the board, there is a vast number of applications Braith's power can be used for, as his lumen-based, ethereal nature raises him above the stock of common flames; from the very basic and rudimentary uses of blasts and bursts of raw fire, to the more intermediate constructs of solidified flame, directional propulsion,empowerment and revitalization by drawing in the energy of fire and letting it surge through the body (or alternatively, instilling objects with the power of fire), and onward to even more advanced esoteric echelons that, though Braith xemself has total and masterful knowledge of, Rame will have to put in her own work and effort if she ever hopes to learn the flame's deepest secrets.
Lastly, due to the simple fact that Rame's fire is entirely reliant on the sound she produces to manifest itself, they are not affected by the normal restrictions of the Fire Triangle which requires fires have outside sources of heat, fuel, and oxygen. All of this is already substituted by Rame herself when the flames form, as such, factors that would normally hinder or extinguish fires, such as powerful gales or being introduced to water, have largely no effect on them.

Weapon of Choice:
Spoiler

With the lost of her Fecnial and limited access to any other implement she is familiar with from hunting in the snow wastes, such as a spear or bow or club, all Rame truly has to rely on for defense besides Braith is what her brothers taught her of Sambo; an eclectic fighting style common to those living in the tundra, pieced together from several varying martial arts by combining the most effective techniques from each to form a viciously efficient system of hand to hand combat.

Possessions:

None. All was lost with her bag during the blaze...Rame quite literally only has the tattered clothes on her back.

• Support Squad

Appearance: Short, a round five foot in height, quite thin and skinny, she has very soft, pale skin and bags under dark blue eyes. She can be typically seen wearing light sundresses in soft pastel colours when she can afford to. Cindy also has light blonde hair held in a ponytail.

Backstory: Cindy lived in the eastern region of Medulla, near to the coast opposite Aurora. She lived in a trade city that was situated between Aurora and Medulla and so her life was quite bustling. She lived as the younger child in a family of four. Her father, step-father and older brother and this was fine with her, her mother had apparently left after she had been born after finding out about her fathers affair. They owned a pottery studio in this city of commerce and lived quite a nice lifestyle selling their ceramics. As she grew up, all three of the men she lived with doted upon her as their little princess. This led to a charming childhood that she has always treasured but...as she grew up she was kept away from helping run the store. She was clumsy with the inventory and, no matter how much she insisted otherwise, her family knew that the customers scared her a little with their haggling. She did show some promise in the art of creating the pottery however and she was taught by her step-father in this.

Cindy spent her free time exploring the safe parts of the city, talking to the citizens who she came to know. Everyone treated her nicely though she couldn't really say she had any really close friends, even at school.

After a time business really picked up for her family. They had a good reputation throughout the city and more business kept Cindy's family busy, although they stubbornly refused to let her do any more work. Her days grew lonelier in a lot of ways and Cindy found herself longing for someone else as she even lost her time with her step-father, what would having a mother or a sister be like? In her lonelier moments Cindy liked to imagine she felt another slim, feminine hand entwined with hers, warm and comforting.

When she was fourteen she felt that sensation during one lonely night, she fell asleep holding the phantom hand. When she awoke, she found that the phantom was ephemeral no more. She had awoken her Lumen.

Now, against her families concerned protests she is going off to learn how to use that Lumen and specifically how she can use it to help people and maybe make some new friends, or so she hopes.

Personality: Cindy is quite a skittish, almost ditsy person. She inadvertently grew up without actually doing hard work and that shows in her approaches to real-life problems. She tends to shy away from work now due to her families treatment of her. On the flip-side she is also quite obedient, always listening to her fathers now to go anywhere dangerous and only to talk to people she knew etc. In general she's quite good natured and when she warms up to you friendly. She is however easily embarrassed, not very quick of wit no matter how much she might wish she was. She's prone to idolising strong women in her life and wishes with an almost jealous fervour to be like them.

Lumen: Cindy can create from her Lumen up to four floating hands, cut off from the wrist. They look about the same size as a human woman's hand and are gold coloured. Whilst warm to the touch they feel like stone, not particularly dense. They are quite nimble and can move independent of Cindy's control, much to her chagrin as they show a semblance of a pseudo personality that is very protective of Cindy and bold in how they go about protecting her, they seem to have a connection to Cyndi's subconscious as they are capable of reacting to her thoughts and feelings and are also capable of learning anything she has studied, such as word-working or fletching. She can exert control over them herself but this costs her a small amount of Lumen to establish a bond and send commands. Aside from moving around and, uh, existing they don't do anything else. They might have simple patterns on them as Cindy occasionally spends her time customising them.

Weapon of Choice: Cindy's weapon of choice is a simple wooden short-bow with iron tipped arrows.

Ain't no reservation here bois and girls

Backstory: Cindy lived in the eastern region of Medulla, near to the coast opposite Aurora. She lived in a trade city that was situated between Aurora and Medulla and so her life was quite bustling. She lived as the younger child in a family of four. Her father, step-father and older brother and this was fine with her, her mother had apparently left after she had been born after finding out about her fathers affair. They owned a pottery studio in this city of commerce and lived quite a nice lifestyle selling their ceramics. As she grew up, all three of the men she lived with doted upon her as their little princess. This led to a charming childhood that she has always treasured but... as she grew up she was kept away from helping run the store. She was clumsy with the inventory and, no matter how much she insisted otherwise, her family knew that the customers scared her a little with their haggling. She did show some promise in the art of creating the pottery however and she was taught by her step-father in this.

Personality: Cindy is quite a skittish, almost ditsy person. She grew up inadvertently grew up without actually doing hard work and that shows in her approaches to real-life problems. She tends to shy away from work now due to her families treatment of her. On the flip-side she is also quite obedient, always listening to her fathers now to go anywhere dangerous and only to talk to people she knew etc. In general she's quite good natured and when she warms up to you friendly. She is however easily embarrassed, not very quick of wit no matter how much she might wish she was. She's prone to idolising strong women in her life and wishes with an almost jealous fervour to be like them.

Ain't no reservation here bois and girls

Accepted.

Character Name: Damon

Appearance: Damon is 6'0 and thin, but being raised by a blacksmith he has a surprising amount of muscle. He has straight dark hair that falls just atop of his shoulders, and Blue eyes. His eyes were originally brown, but the next time that Damon looked in a mirror after his Lumen awakened they were blue. He has a cut scar on his right brow above his eye and on his right cheek that he sustained during his attack. Blue seemed to be the natural color to wear after his "change in character", so he typically wears a dark blue vest with a design on it. His attire may change a bit the further south he ventures though.

Backstory:

Damon was born and raised in Aquilo by his father who was a blacksmith in a small town that wasn't really big enough to have a name. His father taught him the smithing trade in his youth and planned for him to take over the family business one day. Damon was content with this, but always longed to one day use a sword, and wear the armor that his father made. So naturally he practiced with a sword in his youth, but his father didn't exactly approve, but didn't forbid him from doing so.

When Damon reached 15 his father felt that he was capable enough to go into the city to purchase materials for smithing and bring them back home on his horse. This was a successful setup for over a year and it Gave Damon a chance to get out more, and explore the city. Damon naturally explored the town and browsed other shops while he was out, but the bookstore in particular caught his attention. His parents owned a few books back at home, all of which he had either read a long time ago, or were rather boring. Damon bought quite a few books over his trips into town with the little spare money his parents gave him. One book in particular excited him, which detailed the events that passed when Aqui the Falcon warded off the great blizzard.

Damon was riding home in the afternoon from buying supplies in the city when he was surrounded by a gang of raiders from the coast. Raiders rarely even ventured this far north, but that wasn't really Damon's primary concern. He was forced to dismount and fight, unfortunately most of Damon's practice only worked in theory and he was quickly defeated and toyed with, before finally being left for dead.

But Damon did not plan on dying in some snowdrift in the middle of nowhere. He did his best to staunch his bleeding and tried to trek on through the cold, but even his best efforts weren't enough to get him far. It was far too cold. He was alone, cold, and angry. He crawled, his anger burned inside of him, but even that wouldn't be enough. Darkness soon began to take Damon as the shadows themselves begun to grow longer, and the temperature dropped further.

Damon was defeated and could go no further after the sun had set, so too had his hopes of surviving. But against all odds, he awoke. It was cold, and still dark. "How am I alive?" Was all that he could think, but he didn't question it. He had been given a second chance and he aimed to use it. As it turned out he wasn't that far from home by the time he saw the fires burning in the distance. His home... Damon rushed to the burning buildings as fast as he could, but it was too late. He found the slaughtered bodies of his family, and friends.

By the time an armed party arrived from the city to investigate the destroyed town they found Damon. His clothes were blackened and charred. The men took Damon into the city where he was healed. The lord of the keep didn't know what to do with him. It was horrid that his family was butchered, but Damon was clearly gifted in the process. Damon wanted revenge, but the lord wasn't about to send some kid after a gang of raiders, so instead the Lord decided to have him sent south where he could get ahold of his newfound ability.

Damon wasn't happy to have to head south to Medulla, but he saw the logic in the lord's words. At least the lord had given him a sword that his father had made. It was a longsword with hilt that had some word in another language or something engraved into it. While he was waiting for a ship so go south Damon had the opportunity to train with a master at arms, but ultimately had to leave before finishing his training. While training with sword, Damon also began to discover what his newfound ability could do. Though he was a little disappointed when he caught a training sword on fire, he was excited by that he could do. He found that he could generate a small, blue flame in his hand and even direct a small controlled stream of fire.

The harbor was on a schedule, and Damon had to depart to Medulla. The lord had a word with him about keeping his ability quiet on a large wooden ship made of wood, wood, and more wood...

Personality:

Damon was a rather normal kid growing up, but that all changed after the events that transpired when he was 16. Damon is an intense moralist, and although he sees the world for what it is he tries to make the best of it. He is as stubborn as a rock, but surprisingly open minded when it comes to just about anything reasonable. Damon's lowborn status didn't exactly supply him with much in terms of ground breaking knowledge, but he is a fast learner and adapts quickly.

As one could expect, Damon adapted to his surroundings. Damon grew even quieter when he wasn't consumed by anger. He is smart enough to know that being angry won't accomplish anything so he tries his best to control it. Damon became much more reserved and cynical over the past year.

Lumen:

Fire, what a surprise. How else would Damon have survived without it? The fire that burns inside of him isn't exactly going to let Damon hurl any fireballs at people, but he can manipulate previously existing fire. When Damon did manipulate fire it seemed to be reflected by his emotions, stronger but less controllable with anger, and smaller but more controllable when calm. Damon's lumen also allows him to superheat something in contact with his hands, like his sword blade, or water, anything that he can throw, or another person...

Weapon of Choice: A Longsword that his father made for the Lord of the neighboring city that was gifted to Damon before he was sent off to learn of his new found abilities.

Edited by M_Cowher

Yo, Anny (that's what we called ya around here back in the day and all, so, figured I'd just stick with it) how outlandish can we get with the weapon designs, just out of curiosity? Like, should we mostly keep it grounded in some type of reality/ practicality, or are RWBY-esque shenanigans allowed?

• Support Squad

Yo, Anny (that's what we called ya around here back in the day and all, so, figured I'd just stick with it) how outlandish can we get with the weapon designs, just out of curiosity? Like, should we mostly keep it grounded in some type of reality/ practicality, or are RWBY-esque shenanigans allowed?

She be sleepin' I asked the same of her earlier and not too crazy please was the response. Also try not to compare this to RWBY too much lest you get confused when things complicate, again from her.

haha, yes i did make a posting mistake as for where i meant to put this.

Character Name: Osiric Lehvon(Like Osiris, o-sigh-rik)

Appearance: 6 feet tall, broad shouldered, deep forest green eyes with a mess of brown-blonde hair on his head. He has an average build, not skinny but in no means the most athletic build.

He generally wears more or less whatever he has, however whatever he is wearing he always has a lot of small bags with him, whether they be around his belt, in his coat, etc. For the same reason he is also usually seen with a bandolier that has most of his bags on it. He also has a small pouch with a little red poppy growing in a small pot usually visible as well.

Backstory: He grew up on the western side of Aurora, in a large valley town with his parents. His parents worked mostly in town, with his father being a courier and his mother running an herbs shop(think flower store but with a LOT more plants). Due to her business, his mother had quite a large garden at their home, and one of Osiric’s favorite things to do when he was younger was to play in this garden; running through the bushes and climbing the trees and whatnot. His favorite time to be in the garden was during the spring, when most of their plants were at their largest and blooming. This was when his mother would go around and harvest the seeds of those plants. When he turned ten his mother told him that he could help her with the gathering the seeds, which really excited him (they were baby plants that he could help keep safe!!); however after he had gathered a bunch of poppy seeds (they have their uses!) he told his mother that he was so excited to be helping her and that he couldn’t wait to see them grow! As he picked some of the seeds up, they suddenly began growing in his hands(!!!), which was how he discovered his Lumen.

After that his life kind of went the same way that it had been going, but he did start to help his mother more with her business(mainly helping to grow the plants faster or a bit bigger), which helped him to discover and practice more with his Lumen.

Eventually he decided that he want to go to study more of how to use his Lumen, which is exactly what he is doing(his parents fully support him, cause they love their Ossy). He is also hoping that by doing so he will be able to come back and help his mother even more(before he left he made her garden extra huge because he wouldn’t be there to make the plants grow quicker anymore).

Personality: Osiric’s personality is mostly kind and nurturing, he is usually kind to most people he encounters, doesn’t usually get mad or hate people (unless you hurt something that he likes, whether that be a person or intentionally hurting his plants, then he might try to hurt you, it depends). As said, he is protective of things that he cares about, but that doesn’t always mean that he will do something if one of those said things is hurt in some way, he is a bit of a softie and doesn’t really like to really hurt people unless he REALLY has to which is probably going to happen a lot with this(although he may or may not have grown poison ivy next to people who were mean to him before). His Lumen lets him help other people pretty easily too, which a lot of the time ends up being getting them food, which he is happy with doing usually.

Lumen: Floral Energy Control, he can manipulate and control the energy within plants. He can also use it to imbue more energy into plants, which enables them to grow quickly and larger than usual, although he only has limited control over the way they grow (about as much control as the sun does for normal plants, so essentially he can only control the direction in which they grow). It is also possible for him to drain the energy from nearby plants to help to recharge his Lumen at an increased rate, but at the cost of killing the plant, which makes him unable to exert any of his will onto that plant because there isn’t any energy left for him to control. Draining the energy from plants also allows him to heal himself faster, however he has only ever done it to heal minor injuries, as any serious injuries would most likely kill off all flora around him.

Weapon of Choice: Although he doesn’t consider it a weapon, he carries a short (4 foot) wooden pole with him, which he usually uses as a base to grow plants on.

Edited by Swampellow

She be sleepin' I asked the same of her earlier and not too crazy please was the response. Also try not to compare this to RWBY too much lest you get confused when things complicate, again from her.

Say ya know, now that ya mention it, alot of the concepts here do look a similiar RWBY...like, A loooooooooot...

Alright then, TY Dobbs...

Uh, Swamp don't you think our characters Lumen abilities are a little bit too similar? I'm not against having it that way but I'm not sure if Anny wants something more varied or not.

Ye I just noticed this and was thinking the same thing, but we will have to wait until Anny is awake to find out.

great minds think alike

Yeah who needs reservations anyways.

Character Name: Felis Argontyle
Appearance: Stands at six feet tall with a lean build. His facial expression is often in the form of a scowl, tending to scare away people at first glance. He has volumous black hair that goes past his shoulders and stops just above the armpit. He will
tie his hair back if he deems it is getting in the way of his face, or when engaged in fighting. Wears a dress shirt tucked into his jeans, with leather harnesses hugging his shoulders.
Backstory: Being born in Medulla's higher class, Felis was expected to assimilate with the norms and expectations of society. However, Felis was always a problem child, often picking fights with the other children. No matter how much disciplinary action was taken to curb Felis' attitude, nothing seems to break his indomitable spirit. Mannerism seemed like a waste of time to him, the arts a pursuit in futility, and interpersonal relation a masquerade. It was no wonder that he gained the animosity of those around him. His peers attempted to bully him at first, but his aggressive nature taught them otherwise. No matter how badly the odds were stacked against him, Felis had never lost a fight. Eventually, he was alienated from his peers, with many of them trying to avoid him entirely.
For a boy born into the high class, this was an embarrassment. How could his parents present themselves when their son was nothing more than a common-class hooligan?
Ultimately, his parents decided for the best to send him away; far, far away from public view. Under the premise of bolstering Felis' education, he was told that he would be taken in by his distant uncle who lived in Aurora. In reality, he knew his parents were just using that as a flimsy excuse to be rid of his presence. This didn't even come as a surprise to him, as he was already well aware of what others thought of him. His uncle was said to be some sort of druid who lived out in the forests, and was disliked for his "crude" lifestyle. It was rather shocking, when his uncle came to pick him up. A towering, muscular, and shirtless man wearing a bear's skin on his head showed up on their doorstep, saying not a single word. The Argontyles were rendered speechless. Felis was taken back to Aurora with his uncle, where they lived a life in the forest.
At first, Felis was utterly shocked. His uncle did not own a single possession, unlike his family, who lavished in material wealth. There was no high class meals prepared for him, no modern conveniences to make his life easier. All he felt was anger. Anger for his parents who neglected him, anger for the circumstances he found himself in. In a bout of anger, he lashed out on his uncle, only to find that he was sorely outmatched. In fact, he couldn't land a single strike against him. No matter how long, or how hard he tried, he couldn't win. And for the first time in his life, he had learnt humility. He learnt to survive with his uncle in the wild, spending many years philosophizing, and fighting with his uncle. It was only until recently, that he learned that his uncle was a Lightgiver, and that he himself had unlocked Lumen already at a young age. Unknowingly, his uncle had been teaching him how to use his Lumen.
A day came, when his uncle had nothing left to teach him. His uncle was nothing special as a Lightgiver. With directions, he guided Felis to seek out a camp of Lightgivers, so that he may further learn to control his powers. Gathering all his belongings he had at the beginning of his training, he thanked his uncle for the first time, and set out for the location he was told.
Personality: Felis is a straightforward person, letting his emotions rule his actions. If there is something on his mind, he will speak it without regard for the other person's feelings. He tends to solve his problems through his own strength, often resorting to violence. When Felis becomes angry, he will rampage for a while until he calms down. Despite being aggressive, he tries to reign in his anger every now and then, to little success.
Lumen: Felis has an abundant amount of Lumen, often being out of his control. As a result of his uncle's guidance, he is able to channel some of his Lumen to enhance his physical capabilities. His main application of his Lumen is to enhance his raw physical power, as well as convert it into stamina. Other enhancements include speed, pain resistance, and accuracy, though he isn't very good at the other ones. At the moment, he isn't skilled enough to enhance more than two qualities at once. These enhancements are temporary, and drain his Lumen at an increasing rate. His Lumen responds to his emotional state of mind, allowing him to utilize his Lumen more efficiently.
Weapon of Choice: Greatsword

Enjoooooooooooooooooy~ ((sorry I went a bit hamtastic.))

Character Name: Johann Stern

Appearance: Johann is rather muscly for his young age. This is further cemented by the fact he stands at a decently towering 6'4. He has short but wild brown hair that is spikey in front but lays flat towards the back (("Hehe, it's all party up front, business in the back!!! That makes sense right?" Johann... shush dude I got this covered.)) Johann prefers wearing green tank tops or other short sleeved garments. He tends to wear blue jeans. He wears a large leather belt with a buckle that has the words ~Kick Ass~ scrawled across the front in big red letters. He wears thigh brown leather boots. And lastly, he wears a green and yellow striped scarf near always.

Backstory: A son of a fugitive family from Auster, Johann and the Sterns always had it a bit rough in making something from themselves. They once had seemingly everything. Now... nothing, or almost nothing. Their father had sacrificed himself to save some of their money instead of his own life. Johann never really cared for the old geezer. He had been pretty absent for most his life, and his last sacrifice while for his family... in the end still involved money. Something he couldn't let go of. Johann, his grandfather, his mother, his godfather and his sister fled to Medulla, after escaping their ravaged homeland. With the money they had managed to retrieve, they set up in a small middle class suburb, however, the money wouldn't last long and they all knew it. His Mother and godfather spent all their time working, leaving his grandfather, Joey and him to take care of his younger sister. It was in this care he found out about his power. His sister had left the house... teens and their rebellious streaks... amiright? He was so worried he spent half the night running around town at the speed of sound. He blazed a path behind him, scaring the bejeebus out of quite a few passersby. The hot head throw a lightning bolt at one of his sisters friends out of rage... He didn't die... but he was badly burned and would never quite recover. Ever since that day... Johann was always running. He couldn't live with what he had done. He had to leave that town behind.

Personality: Hot-headed, overly cocky and totally compensating for something, Johann's personality is that green lightning. It burns wicked hot on the outside and does a good job of puttin' on that cool guy routine. However, deep down under all that, he's a coward. He'd rather ran away from a problem then solve it if it proves too much. His flight instinct, muuuuuch stronger than that fight instinct when the going gets tough. However, having a large sense of self-preservation... it makes him unexpectedly clever.

Lumen: Lighting... speed... and more LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHTNING!!! Johann has the power to manipulate Lightning in two different ways. Firstly, is rather run of the mill. Thunderbolts, what more you want...? This mode is almost defenseless up close other than Johann's remarkable physique though that will hardly help in a magic battle.((especially do to his rather... interesting weapon choice)) Johann calls this mode, Masterful Thunderboomer. However Johann can also go into Super Emerald Overdrive. By using some of his powers in Masterful Thunderboomer((propulsion to gain initial speed however they don't maintain for long... reason is below.)), or just gaining a lot of momentum, he can gain speed. He runs faster and faster until he suddenly builds up enough power and becomes supercharged with lightning energy. and leaves fire in his wake. He becomes juggernaut of pure electric energy and it imbues his physicality with the power. He tends to have an acrobatic fighting style, rolling off the enemy from a hit to maintain his pace. In the transition to Super Emerald Overdrive however... Johann can't use his regular powers from Masterful Thunderboomer. The air resistance while gaining speed cuts his abilities from functioning. Further, he needs the room to build up speed.

Weapon of Choice: Johann uses a pair of Iron Clackers. yes... clackers. Johann in Masterful Thunderboomer mode can use these to manipulate lightning and thunder in a more controlled manner and also use them for slightly ranged combat as well. However... they take a lot of space and seriously threaten his own allies safety if they fight near him... then again... preeeeetty much all of his abilities do so... what's new?

Edited by Hukuna the Undying
Changin' stuff.

Character Name: Valor Igyllmrn

Appearance: On the taller side at ~1.8 meters with a neat appearance, has a preference for formalwear and white gloves that leans towards the aristocratic side of the fashion spectrum. Has short, black, neatly combed hair with a well-kept fringe and generally sharp features. He rarely opens his eyes, but when he does, they're milky white. He favors black, formal footwear with hard wooden bases that make clopping sounds when they hit the floor. If dressing up for some occasion, he will wear a top hat in addition to his other accoutrements. He has a reserved smile on his face pretty much all the time, despite whatever he might actually be feeling.

Backstory:

Born in Medulla to a rich family, introduced at a young age to high society, Valor should have been in a prime position to become one of those successful heirs who would live off inheritance and spend their days idling around, pursuing varied forms of leisure and entertainment. A dandy, if you will. Unfortunately, his congenital blindness interfered with this process, and he instead became the shame of his family. They could hardly keep his existence a secret from their peers, having proudly paraded his mother's swelling stomach around during the middling stages of her pregnancy. So it was that they raised him and taught him to conduct himself as a member of their class, but they never brought him along to social events to practice his manners. His birthdays were solitary, uncelebrated affairs. When circumstances dictated that he should have to meet someone else, he was given strict instructions to say and do nothing, and to keep his eyes closed and his lips smiling. In this manner, they managed to pass off his blindness as mere meekness, and avoided the ridicule - or worse, pity - of their peers.

Of course, when their second child arrived, a young girl in perfectly good health, they stopped caring about him. They raised her to be the heir instead. They showered her with love and affection, taught her to be a proper lady, showed her off to their friends and colleagues. Her birthdays were racuous affairs, with no expense spared to make her happy. On these occasions, too, Valor was not allowed to leave his room. He had never met his younger sister; his parents kept even his existence a secret from her. No need to involve the future heir in the shame of the previous generation. Valor understood this, and he accepted this. After all, he knew no alternative.

Though he was born blind, years of practice and reliance forced him to learn to use his ears in their place. He could pick out even the slightest sounds, the slightest vibrations, those normally thought inaudible, and used this data to in place of sight data to navigate. His ears and his hearing were far more powerful than a normal person's, yet he grew to love silence. He grew to love the orchestra that existed in silence, the whistling of the air through the window, the slight creaking of the bedframe, the scurrying of insects along the walls. When humans spoke, it was loud and noisy. When nature sang it was soft and calming. He learned to love the silence which he was forced to live in.

It was on his 18th birthday that his parents finally realised his abnormal observational skills were born from something more than his disability, when they entered his room with a cake and were promptly greeted by the following statement:

"Mother, Father. You feel kinder than usual today. It's a nice feeling."

It took a few moments for them to process the meaning of Valor's words, but then they quickly understood the possibility of his possession of Lumen - emotion was hardly something that could be identified through sound alone, especially when neither of them had said anything. From that perspective, his supernatural ability to hear his sister sneezing in he room on the other end of the mansion suddenly made much more sense. Secure in their conviction, they sent him off to learn the proper use of his abilities, justifying it by claiming to be acting in his best interests, while secretly glad to finally find a humane way to escape the burden of a disabled child.

Naturally, through his ability, Valor was aware of their relief and joy, but he went without complaint, doing as his parents asked. That was, after all, the only way of life he knew. Besides, he was an invalid. If his departure would allow his parents and sister to rest at ease, he saw no reason to refuse.

Personality: Quiet and reserved, with a calm and analytical mind. Despite his blindness, or perhaps because of it, he is a very observant individual, taking notice of every minute change in the environment around him, a sense born out of the necessity to use sound and touch as substitutes for sight. This has further developed through his few social interactions into a form of observation that takes note of changes in breathing, temperature, and tone of voice to ascertain the desired response. Socially, he is an amiable and friendly individual, but he will rarely, if ever, elect to proactively start an interaction. Even if someone does manage to start a conversation with him, they will find him to be a bit distant, if accommodating.

Lumen: Valor's Lumen allows him to perceive and process any and all changes in the environment around him. This means he can hear even the tiniest sounds, like the wingbeats of a fly, but it also extends to abstract concepts: he can sense intangible things like significant changes in emotion, or shifts in intention. The flipside is that this ability is always active, and receiving too much data at once can disorient him temporarily as he tries to identify which sources to filter out.

Weapon of Choice: His weapon of choice is a white cane of about the same length as his leg, a parting gift from his parents. It has an L-shaped, intricately carved top, and its shaft tapers downwards to a blunted point near the bottom. In addition to helping him find his way around and contributing to his aristocratic aesthetic, the cane can be used as a weapon for self-defence - made of a metal core surrounded by a wooden exterior, the head of the cane can be used as a bludgeoning tool, while the blunted point can be used to deliver precision blunt force trauma. Additionally, the L-shaped handle bears two concealed buttons - the first causes a sharp blade to emerge along the length of the cane, while the second fires a bullet along a concealed barrel that runs the length of the cane, with the bullets stored in a two-bullet chamber hidden in the cane's head.

((Whew that took a while. Let me know if anything needs changing, especially for the weapon; I don't know if guns are invented yet in your verse))

(((I honestly can't believe I'm submitting a male character)))

Edited by Code: PIRULUK

welp i decided to have some fun so here we go

Character Name: Can Stanton

Appearance: Stands about 5'11" and is around 130 pounds relatively skinny for his age and height. he has messy light brown hair and blue eyes. He normally where's dark colored cloths usually jeans and a t-shirt with a worn out jacket on top. Most of his cloths are slightly baggy.

Backstory: Can was born in Aurora to a happy family and lived a simple happy life or at least it would seem so on the surface. Can was born the youngest of three children and was the runt of the family for many years. He was made fun of and picked on by his older siblings admittedly not any worst for siblings it wasn't until he started school that things took a bad turn. Being short and quiet and prone to crying over things made him a target of bullying. that went on for years no matter what he did. be it getting angry which just made the other kids more likely to pick on him to even telling his teachers who never did anything and usually blamed him for the cause of it.

Things got better as he got older he was no longer the runt of the family and stood well above his siblings though his brother still picked on him, but he could deal with it because it was done it jest for the most part. School got better after he decided to just deal with it and not react to the kids in there attempts to cause something. Well at least for the most part. there was this on kid who just started picking on Can for no reason. A year went by with Can doing he best to ignore the kid until one day.

On that day Can and the rest of his class where playing a game out side well just acting like a goof Can got to close the kid and got pushed down by him. Normally this wouldn't have been a problem but take years worth of repressed emotion and his usually attitude down Can stood up and punch the kid not hard or the first he ever punched someone but this was different. Once he made contact with the kid there was a resounding crack on impact as the kid fell down to the ground rolling in pain, and Can's skin was as hard as stone.

Stuff after that was a burr as the kid was taken away for medical care and can was expled for school for nearly killing the kid. and so that bring us to now as Can is on his way to a new place to learn to use his Lumen.

Personality: do to having been made fun or picked on of for most of his life. Can stopped showing heavy emotion to others in hopes of stopping it causing him to come off as indifferent or uncaring to people, but those who have spent time around him notice the little bits he does show that its still there.Like a deep breath or maybe the making of a fist to show that if people aren't careful something might come out that they wouldn't like.

Lumen: Stoneskin.
in the simplest of explanations Can's Lumen hardens his skin to match that of granite. Giving him very high defenses capabilities though he is quite slow moving when using it and it can be bypasses by very powerful attacks. it will eventually end after sometime or if he takes a large amount of damage.

Weapon of Choice: good ole fisticuffs