Pokemon Generations

Azeria

I was kind of disappointed with Ep 3, mostly because I expected to see more of the battles rather than just...talk, progression, monologue .. Gengar's entrance is the best part though.. this is why I wish these were longer than 3-5min

Edited by Masquerain

• Veterans

I was kind of disappointed with Ep 3, mostly because I expected to see more of the battles rather than just...talk, progression, monologue .. Gengar's entrance is the best part though.. this is why I wish these were longer than 3-5min

Eh, while it is the E4, we kinda already know what the battles are like. I was more so watching this for what Blue was feeling/thinking fighting the E4, because this is meant to be from his perspective. And I got what I wanted, a lot of it.

The voice acting could've been better, it was kinda chunky tbh. But that might be because they tried to quote the games a bit too much here.

Eh, while it is the E4, we kinda already know what the battles are like. I was more so watching this for what Blue was feeling/thinking fighting the E4, because this is meant to be from his perspective. And I got what I wanted, a lot of it.

The voice acting could've been better, it was kinda chunky tbh. But that might be because they tried to quote the games a bit too much here.

The voice acting was spot on. After all, Red said his famous lines "..."

• Upvote 3

• Veterans

So....Episode 4.

I feel as if the time limit works best on episodes like this and episode 2. It can feature a small storyline just fine and it did it well, instead of focusing on battling and leaving us unsatisfied.

The animation was wonky at certain parts, but more so funny wonky. The grunts looked hilarious and I feel like that's more of a positive here, since the rocket grunts are jobbers at their core. They're also trying REALLY hard to make Dragonite a badass because jesus christ, just look at him.

6d3a5218cbe64a3795be9304f01e3af8.png

I also liked Gold's cameo here. It seems to be a slight change from the canon HGSS storyline, in which Gold is the distraction and has most of the rockets battle him, but it's implied he still fought Petrel. Speaking of Petrel. I AM SO HAPPY THEY SHOWED PETREL INSTEAD OF ARIANNA. He's the best Rocket Admin tbh.

I enjoyed it a lot more than Episode 3, and I hope they have more of these kinds of episodes. Sad they didn't show Silver here though. Hoping they still show him in one of the next 2 Johto episodes.

• Global Mods

"Isn't that Lance? Of the Elite Four?" but Lance is the Champion by this point in time...

Also the grunts when approaching Lance were walking extremely silly.

also even if they think he's E4 instead of Champion, why did a bunch of grunts think they have any chance against an "E4"

I really like when Dragonite was all "RAWR > : (" to Petrel for some reason

The Electrode are cute when they're bouncing around

• Veterans

"Isn't that Lance? Of the Elite Four?" but Lance is the Champion by this point in time...

Also the grunts when approaching Lance were walking extremely silly.

also even if they think he's E4 instead of Champion, why did a bunch of grunts think they have any chance against an "E4"

I really like when Dragonite was all "RAWR > : (" to Petrel for some reason

The Electrode are cute when they're bouncing around

Will, MIGHT have been a recent addition to the E4. IDK. Of the E4 still kinda makes sense, since he's the Champion of the E4 and was an E4 member himself. Either that or Team Rocket's behind the times.

• Veterans

> Finally make an episode that isn't gen 1

> Animation sucks

OF COURSE.

Might have been a different studio, the style is noticeably different.

Honestly, I absolutely love how people complain about "Pokemon not giving them a more mature anime, or at least one without Ash." Then when they DO give you just that, you guys complain about minor factors. Like, no wonder they rarely try stuff like this....

The animation here was just fine, it was wonky and inconsistent at certain parts, yes, but quite frankly, it didn't affect my opinion of it all that much. It made the rockets look drunk as fuck and quite dumb, which they are, so that's accurate enough. What the fuck were they drinking that led them to believe they could take on an E4 member...

• Upvote 1

Short was pretty fun though very disappointed that Silver didn't show up. Lance defeating him in the Mahogany Rocket base was the start of his character development and critical to his arc, so it's kinda baffling that they wouldn't include it when the episode is about what Lance was doing during the rocket base raid.

Edited by Personthing

• Veterans

Short was pretty fun though very disappointed that Silver didn't show up. Lance defeating him in the Mahogany Rocket base was the start of his character development and critical to his arc, so it's kinda baffling that they wouldn't include it when the episode is about what Lance was doing during the rocket base raid.

Silver's exclusion was weird, but I'm hoping he gets a whole episode dedicated to him, like Blue did.

That last ep showed some real brutality on Dragonite's part. It was epic. That poor rocket admin ate so many zaps too. I found it weird that they felt the need to shadow Gold's face, but I can understand where they're coming from. The champion theme was also awesweet. I really wish these were longer than 5mins, they're so epic

• Veterans

When the combined Rocket attacks didn't do damage on Dragonite, something that resembled a white power shield was seen. Was this a joke on how Gen1 Lance's Dragonite knew Barrier, while it wasn't supposed to?

Lance's cheating coming in handy for once :P

• Upvote 1

I thought Episode 4 was reasonable. It wasn't as good as episode 2, but it was better than 1 and 3.

The animation quality had some issues, but I don't think that was a huge issue.

I would've loved it if they added Silver in given how important he is in that section of the game, but I understand they can't do everything in 5 minutes.

That dragonite is super powerful too.

• Global Mods

I wouldn't really say Silver was important in that scene. All he did was show up and tell you he lost to Lance, and then left. It was the prelude to his major character development but he wasn't involved in the hideout raid or anything which is what this episode was about.

Yep. Silver's still my favorite rival. Also that conversation between him and Giovanni is the one from the Celebi event from HGSS.

One thing I've been loving about Generations is the music. In the Eusine episode, I was found the Ho-oh summoning theme and the Ho-oh appearing theme to be quite amazing

Edited by Lucky1998

I loved the Silver episode with the only exception being the flashback bit where he yells at Giovanni about being strong on his own. Most of the flashback was great but I feel like the yelling bit was clunky and poorly written. Also for an international police agent Looker sure is unobservant as to his location.

The Eusine one was alright and it was nice to see a bit more of a flashback into the initial disaster. I didn't like how Ho-oh just froze in place for large periods of time though and the people's reactions seemed a little odd.

Overall two pretty good episodes though!

I guess Looker just didn't expect Silver to be capable of challenging the league.

As for Ep.6 I enjoyed how they presented the lore, but I always thought the unnamed pokemon were Flareon, Jolteon, Vaporeon so seeing the silouettes of regular dogs felt weird.