Pokemon Generations

Azeria

To be honest, my biggest gripe with Generations is the length. They episodes are short and interesting, but I was left wanting more- which, to be clear, isn't a bad thing, since that means it effectively executed its intended purpose. It just means that the short format worked and I would love to see more. The idea of Looker and his investigators busting down suspected criminal hideouts with the help of Pokemon is exciting and a nice change of pace from the anime, which has been targeted towards children from day one. I would be interested in seeing a nice little miniseries, similar to Origins, where it's Looker and his team continually attempting to put an end to Giovanni and others' criminal activities in the world of Pokemon.

Had each episode been 10 minutes, they would have enough time to develop the story and present some nice battles. The first 2 are some of the pilot episodes they'll make, which will be short, sweet, and give us what we already know. Hence, I believe that after the first 5-6 they'll make longer and more detailed episodes.

• Veterans

I was really disappointed by episode 1. It just seemed like an incoherent mess to me.

I really liked Episode 2 though, and it was more like what I was expecting, so I'm still looking forward to the rest.

I feel like episode 1 was just a mix up of Pikachu going everywhere, I guess? Felt more like another trailer more than anything. Absolutely adored the Sinnoh and Unova bits though. Probopass looked horrifying to fight. 3 Lasers and a head tryna crush you? Dayum. Meanwhile Regigigas was an absolute MONSTER. Just threw Probopass aside before blasting Pikachu away.

Episode 2 is glorious, easily an 8/10. It suffers from the video length so much tbh. If they had more time and added the Silver and Giovanni scene..oh my lord...

I feel like if every episode is similar in effectiveness as episode 2, I'm going to absolutely adore this. Well, more than I do right now.

Edit: only thing I noticed that was weird was that both were in 360p. Didn't make much of a difference honestly, but it's strange considering most other videos on the Pokemon channels are 720p+.

• Veterans

Pikachu's voice was so adorable ^ . ^ I find it weird Regigigigigigigigigas just randomly came out of the ground, though. Shouldn't it have been inside the temple?

Dem kids were fighting on his lawn. He don't take shit like that. He'll come out the ground and kick em out :P

• Upvote 1

We already know N's story. He was found an purposefully raised with abused pokemon so that he would grow up with certain ideals that Ghetsis manipulated so he could get his hands on Reshiram/Zekrom. Despite his good intentions, he grows up with a really narrow view of the world and gets taken advantage of. Not really much to it. At most we might see the Zekrom/Reshiram fight. I would hate anything more than that.

We know his background but we don't know what he did between his goodbye scene in BW and his reappearance in BW2. I for one would like to see this journey and see how Rood convinced Clay to let them make Old Team Plasma in Driftveil City.

As for the shorts released today the first one wasn't that great and was just a bunch of action scenes. A little context of what Red was doing would of been nice. On a side note is Generations canon to anything? At first I thought it was a extension to Orign's verse but Red's starter seems to be bulbasuar here. The second one however was great and left me wanting more but were was Looker's croagunk? I really wish these episodes were at least 10 to 15 minutes long as I feel about 4 minutes is just too short.

I was really disappointed.

Episode 1 was basically just another trailer for what the series should be about. Plus, it focused around pikachu, which is always a fail in my book.

Episode 2 had some upsides- like a swat team going in with guns and using pokemon to infiltrate. Oh wait, those weren't guns. Those were metal poles. They were going in to threaten a ganglord with police batons. Stupid much?

Did they really not know Giovanni was a gym leader? One of the only 8 leaders in the whole region/country?

Why do they ignore the in-game dialogue of the first gen to make it seem like he's running away and plotting more instead of going away on a new journey to rediscover what pokemon mean to him and the relationship people and pokemon should have? Or even not use the plot that was developed in the pokemon special comic? Giovanni just comes out as so generic, it just sucked to watch. AND we didn't get to see a pokemon battle. Plus, did you see how poorly Giovanni was animated at the end?

Honestly, this is just bad. Just all around crap so far.

People seem to not like Episode 1. It was just an introductory episode showing the theme of Generations. While some are saying that it's Red going to each of the regions, I disagree. I personally think that the Red we see is supposed to represent us as the players progressing through each of the generations and games, not the actual in game Red who sits on Mt. Silver

Edited by Lucky1998

People seem to not like Episode 1. It was just an introductory episode showing the theme of Generations. While some are saying that it's Red going to each of the regions, I disagree. I personally think that the Red we see is supposed to represent us as the players progressing through each of the generations and games, not the actual in game Red who sits on Mt. Silver

This is possible. The only real proof we had for red being in the rest of Generations was the trailer in which Red + Pika were seen fighting Regigigas and Zygarde, but those two scenes were revealed in episode 1. My guess is it will focus on the other characters? Not that it matters since they can't get development in 3-5 minutes anyways...

• Veterans

I'm also confused about them not knowing Giovanni was a Gym Leader. How exactly do you secretly run a gym? Don't you need some kind of official certification to be a Gym Leader?

Check the lore behind Gen 1. No one knows Giovanni was the Viridian City Gym Leader, it's strange yeah, but it's part of the 'plot twist' "The mysterious Viridian City Gym was being run by none other than the leader of Team Rocket himself." I'm sure Giovanni used some form of forged documents or something to become the Gym Leader, which is stated to have been a long time ago.

By the way, this is following FRLG canon. Origins followed RBY canon. In the former, Giovanni doesn't reform, while in the later, he does. It's 2 interpretations on it, I guess. They wouldn't even need guns Maelstrom, I mean, they've got freaking Pokemon....

I'd say it could've been Shock batons(I think that's what their called?)but then again, Giovanni is a ground type trainer...

We already knew the theme from the trailer before. We didn't want another one.

You know, the title of ep1 is "The Adventure"... and, that's what the ep showed. The adventure of a trainer through the regions in 3mins. I don't think these shorts will follow a specific continuity pattern but rather, each ep is gonna be its own thing and its own theme from the POV of a different char. Ep 1 was Red/Pikachu's POV,ep 2 was Looker's. There will be one for Blue/Green too and so on

• Global Mods

Check the lore behind Gen 1. No one knows Giovanni was the Viridian City Gym Leader, it's strange yeah, but it's part of the 'plot twist' "The mysterious Viridian City Gym was being run by none other than the leader of Team Rocket himself." I'm sure Giovanni used some form of forged documents or something to become the Gym Leader, which is stated to have been a long time ago.

By the way, this is following FRLG canon. Origins followed RBY canon. In the former, Giovanni doesn't reform, while in the later, he does. It's 2 interpretations on it, I guess. They wouldn't even need guns Maelstrom, I mean, they've got freaking Pokemon....

I'd say it could've been Shock batons(I think that's what their called?)but then again, Giovanni is a ground type trainer...

I knew that no one knows in the games either. I've just never noticed how weird it is until now.

In the games he said he made the Earthquake TM when he ran the gym "far too long ago", so he's probably been the leader for a long time.

I knew that know one knows in the games either. I've just never noticed how weird it is until now.

In the games he said he made the Earthquake TM when he ran the gym "far too long ago", so he's probably been the leader for a long time.

In the original RBW it was actualy Fissure and not Earthquake!

Also I want to see the HGSS event where after his defeat, Giovanni leaves the Tohjo Falls and we hear a splash, implying that he might commited suicide by drowning in the waters!

• Global Mods

Also I want to see the HGSS event where after his defeat, Giovanni leaves the Tohjo Falls and we hear a splash, implying that he might commited suicide by drowning in the waters!

He's seen again in B2W2's Pokemon World Tournament, which is after HGSS in the timeline.

I was really disappointed.

Episode 1 was basically just another trailer for what the series should be about. Plus, it focused around pikachu, which is always a fail in my book.

Episode 2 had some upsides- like a swat team going in with guns and using pokemon to infiltrate. Oh wait, those weren't guns. Those were metal poles. They were going in to threaten a ganglord with police batons. Stupid much?

Did they really not know Giovanni was a gym leader? One of the only 8 leaders in the whole region/country?

Why do they ignore the in-game dialogue of the first gen to make it seem like he's running away and plotting more instead of going away on a new journey to rediscover what pokemon mean to him and the relationship people and pokemon should have? Or even not use the plot that was developed in the pokemon special comic? Giovanni just comes out as so generic, it just sucked to watch. AND we didn't get to see a pokemon battle. Plus, did you see how poorly Giovanni was animated at the end?

Honestly, this is just bad. Just all around crap so far.

Guns don't exist in the Pokemon world, the only weapon besides the shock batons to exist is swords. pokemon mostly replaced the tools for war which is why in the short being a strong Pokemon Trainer is akin to being heavily armed, its also why Ghetisis tried to take away all of the people's pokemon.

Red got off Mt. Silver to participate in the World Tournament in BW2 so he does travel and this Red has more of his canon team than Origins!Red so I doubt that it isn't the real Red. He could still represent the player here however.

• Global Mods

Guns don't exist in the Pokemon world, the only weapon besides the shock batons to exist is swords. pokemon mostly replaced the tools for war which is why in the short being a strong Pokemon Trainer is akin to being heavily armed, its also why Ghetisis tried to take away all of the people's pokemon.

Team Galactic used bombs on the lakes and AZ made the ultimate weapon.