Pokemon Generations

Azeria

Some of Cyrus's story is actually known. He was born in Sunyshore City. He didn't live up to his parents' expectations so he didn't think much of himself, and his grandfather (an NPC on Route 228) regrets not taking him in. An NPC in Sunyshore City said that he was a good student but preferred machines to people.

And did Cyrus have some attachment to Sunnyshore after all? Team Galactic has no base there and never did enter that corner of Sinnoh, despite it being just a short way away from Lake Valour. An NPC in Sunnyshore did indeed state that they've never heard of Galactic doing anything nearby.

• Global Mods

And did Cyrus have some attachment to Sunnyshore after all? Team Galactic has no base there and never did enter that corner of Sinnoh, despite it being just a short way away from Lake Valour. An NPC in Sunnyshore did indeed state that they've never heard of Galactic doing anything nearby.

I considered this. As much as he says emotions are useless, he's shown some.

Another possibility is he thought he'd be too easily found out if he did all this in his home city, since people would know him.

Pokemon Generations! A mix of perspectives from multiple characters from the Pokemon Series, ranging from Red, to Blue, to N, to Looker and even to Lance! Get hyped guys because the first 2 episodes are dropping THIS FRIDAY!

My thoughts: This is fucking amazing. It's pandering to the older fans of the series A LOT. Fucking SWAT teams with Machamps? DOPE AF YO.

What N? I didn't see an N.

And I'd better never see an N in this series or the storyline will go to shit.

It seems the furthest stories it touches are heatran and regigigas, the gen before the puppet hippie shows up.

Another possibility is he thought he'd be too easily found out if he did all this in his home city, since people would know him.

I mean, he hasn't hidden his identity or aimed at secrecy... At all. Team Galactic is among the most blatantly obvious organizations ever, with gigantic, architecturally questionable buildings in multiple core cities. They even have jazz music playing in their lobbies and Grunts everywhere extol how great Cyrus is and how he's going to remake the entire universe and stuff like that. I doubt he cared about being found out.

The idea that he does indeed show some rudimentary attachment to Sunnyshore is more likely.

• Veterans

With both Generations and SM anime already revealed, one has to wonder what the 1h special tomorrow will announce

The sad realization that Generations will be 3-5min shorts tho :( We'll be left asking for more for sure

IDK, Game Freak have shown that they're listening somewhat this Generation, who knows, maybe we'll get 18 episodes of this whenever a new game releases, or they might just make more and spread it out. Who knows.

All I know is, this has been in the works for a LONG time, they've been getting this ready and refined to finish off the 20th anniversary, I'm sure of it.

IDK, Game Freak have shown that they're listening somewhat this Generation, who knows, maybe we'll get 18 episodes of this whenever a new game releases, or they might just make more and spread it out. Who knows.

All I know is, this has been in the works for a LONG time, they've been getting this ready and refined to finish off the 20th anniversary, I'm sure of it.

Still disappointed that it has Red and/or his pikachu in scenes with each generation of pokemon though. Pretty sure he's the only protagonist even if you get to see all the major villains of each game

• Global Mods

I mean, he hasn't hidden his identity or aimed at secrecy... At all. Team Galactic is among the most blatantly obvious organizations ever, with gigantic, architecturally questionable buildings in multiple core cities. They even have jazz music playing in their lobbies and Grunts everywhere extol how great Cyrus is and how he's going to remake the entire universe and stuff like that. I doubt he cared about being found out.

The idea that he does indeed show some rudimentary attachment to Sunnyshore is more likely.

That's true. He also has multiple conversations with the player about his beliefs.

What N? I didn't see an N.

And I'd better never see an N in this series or the storyline will go to shit.

It seems the furthest stories it touches are heatran and regigigas, the gen before the puppet hippie shows up.

Sorry but N is in the poster. Which IMO makes the series even better.

generationsposter.jpg

Edited by The Swordsman

• Veterans

I kinda feel like some guy at Game Freak got a chance to test the waters; like they've been doing for Gen 7 in general. See how the fandom would respond to something like this. That's probably why they're shorts. It'll probably be all action and interesting tidbits for us. Who knows, if this is well received enough, there might, no THERE WILL be more.

That, I remember. However, I really wonder what kind of machinery he used. Did he use machinery to control Pokemon like PULSE? Did he use them for good? It would actually be nice to look into their pasts, and not just mentioned, either.

I kinda feel like some guy at Game Freak got a chance to test the waters; like they've been doing for Gen 7 in general. See how the fandom would respond to something like this. That's probably why they're shorts. It'll probably be all action and interesting tidbits for us. Who knows, if this is well received enough, there might, no THERE WILL be more.

They should test the waters with introducing other game protagonists too though

we need to know N's story

We already know N's story. He was found an purposefully raised with abused pokemon so that he would grow up with certain ideals that Ghetsis manipulated so he could get his hands on Reshiram/Zekrom. Despite his good intentions, he grows up with a really narrow view of the world and gets taken advantage of. Not really much to it. At most we might see the Zekrom/Reshiram fight. I would hate anything more than that.

In Black 2 and White 2, N said his parents abandoned him deep in the woods, where he was raised by pokemon. Then Ghetsis showed up one day, claimed to be his father and took him in.

So, yeah, his parents were most likely horrible people, just like Ghetsis.

This could be a story told by Ghetsis to project the image of the benevolent father who takes an abused child under his protection. Apart from what Mael said, N has Peter-Pan syndrome, and thus is naive and straightforward in the way he leads his life. This explains the ways he treats pokemon and people, as well as the state of his room, which I believe is accessible in BW2.

• Veterans

The first episode was fast paced action, and encompassed basically every Red scene from the trailer, which is nice. They got him out of the way nice and quick, though Pikachu was weird. This brings up my hopes for there being different protags up.

The second episode though, god I loved that. The SWAT team swarming the Viridian Gym, Magnemite destroying the front doors, them rushing into the gym and destroying basically every portion of it trying to find Giovanni only to realise he'd already left. Not only that, but Looker was on the front cover alongside Giovanni, I'm expecting both to have another appearance.

It's exactly what was advertised; A look at what happens from other people's perspectives which in this case, was Pikachu and Looker.

That was quite exciting. To think all the Red scenes were in the first episode alone. That brings hope for the next eps to have POVs of other characters. The battle dynamic of that first ep was so awesome though. Such a shame these are 3-5mins long :( I wish there'd be an actual anime of this