Fakemon Appearance Feedback? (Updated 9/20/16)

Taboo

Nowhere else to post this and figured I'd try and further test the waters of this community. I sometimes make random fakemon when the mood strikes me and figured I'd share some, these are all drawn by me and likely a little wonky as such.

The images seem very tiny to me but I went by the dimensions that matched up best from across various pokemon pixel guides. I'm an idiot.

puperieline_by_noctenata-dahpift.png

My favorite fakemon project, based on wolves and wendigos.

Puperie (Puppy + Eerie) | Dark Type

Harmless Puppy Pokemon

Most often found in northern regions, Puperie can be found wandering through snowy forests and tundras. Their double coat keeps them warm in harsh environments, it is ill advised to approach one in the wild as the parents can not be too far. It is a very good dog.

Howlinger (Howl + Linger) | Dark/Ghost

??? Pokemon

No desc ideas yet

Wendigeist (Wendigo + Poltergeist) | Dark/Ghost

Ravenous Spirit Pokemon

Wendigeist is always ready to eat, even going so far as dine on inedible items such as plastic bags and tin cans. Above all they seek the taste of flesh, many trainers go missing in their forests each year. The ghostly flames on it's body do not give off light, allowing it to hunt easily in the dark.

Weak To: Fairy (x2)

Immune To: Ghost, Normal

Resistant To: Fighting (0.5) and Poison (0.5)

kitlingline_by_noctenata-daif3rx.png

Kitling (Kit + Hatchling) | Dragon

Elegant Hatchling Pokemon

No desc ideas yet

Ryurret (Ryu + Ferret) | Dragon/Fire

Scaled Ferret Pokemon

No desc ideas yet

Valuryu (Valuable + Ryu) | Dragon/Fire

Avaricious Pokemon

Valuryu are very fond of expensive things such as jewelry, money and other valuable trinkets. Trainers are likely to find things missing if they lay shiny objects out in the open, only to find them months later in a hidden stash. The dens of wild Valuryu have piles of pilfered goods crammed into every nook and cranny.

Weak To: Fairy (x3), Dragon (x2), Flying (x2)

Immune To: n/a

Resistant To: Bug (0.5), Grass (0.5), Fire (0.5)

Galafox

Celestial Fox Pokemon

galafox_by_noctenata-dafxnga.png Being redone

Evolves from Galakit (Drawn but I hate it so not sharing)

Edited by Taboo
  • Upvote 1

Those are both looking really nice! As somebody with no artistic talent, there isn't much advice I can give you. I might use a slightly darker shade of blue for the outline of Galafox's head, but it might just be hard to see at the moment given how small they are.

You certainly are very talented!

• 3 weeks later...

I feel like I'm spamming but couldn't help but reply quickly because I hadn't even thought of abilities and got myself excited thinking of them.

The dark/Ghost typing does seem to making sense more than normal/ghost for the last evo...that'd make it almost a triple type throughout it's life though...which would be kinda cool but I feel like I'd be pushing my luck with that.

Normal -> Normal/Ghost -> Dark/Ghost

It is kind of satisfying to see the normal slowly snuffed out by total spoop factor though, like you're watching this little dog turn into a full hellhound.

For all the abilities, maybe something like;

Puperie - A1: Prankster A2: Cute Charm HA: Cursed Body

Howlinger - A1: Levitate A2: Insomnia HA: Cursed Body

Wendigeist - A1: Shadow Tag A2: Strong Jaw/Gluttony? HA: Graveyard Shift (Boosts Ghost type moves by 50% at night)